"The Crafter's Legacy" Upcoming Project [Recruiting]

UrsaiGaming's Avatar UrsaiGaming11/26/15 10:24 pm
1 emeralds 301 9
12/4/2015 11:16 pm
UrsaiGaming's Avatar UrsaiGaming
Last updated on 11/26/2015, 10:23pm EST

WHAT IS IT?

The Crafter's Legacy is a Minecraft "movie" series I plan on directing, featuring three feature-length machinimas to be uploaded on YouTube. I am currently working on movie one, titled "Awakening."

WHAT STAGE IS IT CURRENTLY IN?

Check this to-do list (green is complete, red is incomplete). Asterisks (*) imply top priority.

- Finish script*
- Build sets
- Hire body and voice actors*
- Advertise (not required for completion)
- Record the scenes
- Set up a website (not required for completion)
- Edit footage with audio and visual effects
- Upload to YouTube

WHAT AM I CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR?

At this time, I need script writers to assist me in writing screen plays. As said, I have the general story line mapped out across all of the three films, but none of the scripts are started, and therefore, none are very far progressed. Whoever wishes to fill this role should be ready to work with myself and up to three others to produce a script that is descriptive, humorous, and action-packed. The level of maturity needed for this role is obviously high, and the expectations are also very drastic. However, with a group of five people (myself as one), I am sure the script of movie one can reach its final drafts in less than a month. I badly need writers, they are my main priority.

I also need voice actors. Body actors are great as well, but anyone can listen to me tell them where to stand... I do need the voice actors in order to realistically make these movies watchable. The requirements needed to be an actor in The Crafter's Legacy vary, but generally all actors need a very high quality microphone. They will also need Skype, or TeamSpeak 3 (preferably, Skype. It is free). Some roles may require the same actor for all three films, while other characters may not be needed for all three of the movies. Either way, I'd like if the actors could agree to being available for as long as I need them to be. As far as maturity, the actors have to be willing to receive criticism and handle working with many people, without causing drama or chaos. The team should ideally work well together, otherwise this project becomes a pain.

I don't think I will ever need recorders; I am confident in my PC, as I can run shaders at an easy 140+ fps even while recording. But, I will definitely let people offer their services, in case there is ever the need... the only requirements being that you do not use a texture pack, and can record Minecraft with shaders reaching at least 60+ fps consistently.

Set builders will be crucial, but not until I get the script finished. Nonetheless, I will accept people who want to help build the story's sets ahead of time so we can get a full team together. I need builders to be fairly talented, but more so dedicated, and (like the actors) have the capacity to take on a lot of criticism if their builds aren't reaching perfection. It isn't personal, but for the movies to be enjoyable, things have to look exceptional in all aspects. The more often you can be online to build, the better.

SPONSORS, OR NAH?

Ideally for the website, I'd like to have servers with many players support the payment of a full time website. In return, The Crafter's Legacy will gladly return the favor by directing players to the servers, both in movie and within advertisement campaigns. Think of the potential views of THREE DIFFERENT MOVIES, server owners.

HOW TO JOIN?

Below this paragraph shall be a link to a "survey" or whatever Google decides to call it; you will need to answer the questions honestly and thoroughly, in order to achieve a better likelihood of success. Bear in mind that just because your questionnaire was approved, it does not mean you are necessarily accepted into the project; you must then face me in an interview where we will speak about yourself and the movie(s). More info can be found on the questionnaire.

Link: The Application Form

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND STAY TUNED AS WE PROGRESS; THE FIRST MOVIE IS TO BE DONE HOPEFULLY BY NEXT DECEMBER, DURING 2016.
UrsaiGaming
Level 1 : New Explorer