"The Horse of Doom"

craftykids's Avatar craftykids1/18/15 5:30 pm
1/3/2016 1:32 pm
craftykids's Avatar craftykids
I found this book in a stronghold's library:

|

The Horse of Doom by Meran

A friend of mine asked me to write this about an adventure she had.
--Meran

Emerald Glass stared at the moonlit desert, empty except for cacti and dead bushes.

There was nothing to recycle.

She looked around one last time, then teleported a couple hundred blocks to the west. Arriving in a plains biome, she examined her new surroundings. To the west: just some trees and flowers; to the south: some sheep and a pool of water; the edge of the desert was the only thing in the east, but in the north...a village! That would be recyclable!

Emerald appeared inside the librarian's house, and started grabbing the bookshelves off the walls. She could give them to her friend Meran; Meran liked writing.

After the bookshelves were gone, Emerald took the furniture, and demolished the walls, ceiling, and floor. She started to move on to the next house, but then, through the window, she saw a transparent figure wearing froggy clothes and talking to a villager. It was Rana, another agent of Dr. Chibawk! Emerald teleported inside.

"Hi, Rana!" she said.

Rana turned around. "Oh, hi! Sorry, I don't think I've met you...what's your name?"

"I'm Emerald Glass," said Emerald. "What are you doing here?"

The villager that Rana had been talking to looked between the two Chibawkians, then scurried out the door.

"Oh, I've been trying to sell clothes to the villagers," said Rana. "They don't seem interested, though. I told them that Dr. Chibawk would destroy their village, but that didn't help." Rana paused for a moment. "Hey, are you recycling the houses? Maybe that will make them want to buy my clothes!"

"We could try that." Emerald teleported on to the roof and began tearing it off. "I have been sent by Dr. Chibawk!" she proclaimed. "If you don't buy froggy clothes from Rana, your entire village will become supplies and houses for Chibawkia!" Not that I'll stop even if you do buy them! she added to herself.

The villagers, who had come out of their houses and were looking up at Emerald, now glanced at each other, then back at Emerald.

"UNLEASH THE HORSE OF DOOM!!!" shouted the priest.

The ground started to shake, and then, suddenly -- BOOM! -- a spot on the ground just outside the village exploded! Out of the explosion rushed a skeletal horse with flaming eye sockets. It reared up and let out a roar, then ran toward the house that Emerald was on, jumped right onto the roof, and attacked her! Emerald quickly teleported onto another roof. "Rana!" she yelled at the ghost, who had come out to see what was happening. "Is there anything you can do about this horse?" She teleported again as the Horse of Doom opened its mouth and shot a fireball at her feet.

"Not on my own, but I can try to contact Dr. Chibawk!" said Rana. She stood still for a moment, then said, "Dr. Chibawk says he'll send help!"

Emerald teleported into a house and waited for the Horse to notice her new location. As she was starting to wonder where Dr. Chibawk's help was, she noticed some strange particles, like the ones you find at bedrock level, hovering in the middle of the room. Then a figure appeared, and all the torches fell off the walls.

In front of Emerald stood an individual covered in diamond armour. He had no eyes; just a streak of red where his right should've been, and blackness where his left would be. Emerald recognized him as the Ghost Warrior, although she had never actually seen him before.

"Ghost Warrior!" exclaimed Emerald. "There's a Horse of Doom out there, and it's attacking me and Rana!"

The Ghost Warrior said nothing, but ran out the door. Emerald teleported into the roof to watch.

As the Ghost Warrior ran toward the Horse of Doom, the Horse turned to confront its new foe. It shot a fireball, but the Ghost Warrior disappeared into the Void, then reappeared and hit the Horse with his diamond sword! The Horse reared up and knocked the Ghost Warrior away. The Ghost Warrior disappeared again in midair, reappearing behind the Horse of Doom. He attacked it again, this time getting in three hits before before, once again, being thrown back.

They repeated this several more times. After about the fifth time, as the Ghost Warrior ran toward the Horse of Doom, it opened its mouth and spit a stream of lava blocks at the Ghost Warrior, who, after being enveloped in lava, vanished. Emerald waited for him to come back, but nothing happened. The Horse looked around, also waiting. It soon gave up however, and, seeing Rana, started running toward her. Emerald watched, hoping that the Ghost Warrior would reappear just in time, but the Horse of Doom got closer, closer...and Rana fled, gliding toward a cave opening.

Then the Horse turned its attention to Emerald, and she too left the village, and went to find a safer place to recycle things--but first, to go Chibawkia and drop off the remains of the library.

|

Based on the recycling and teleporting, I'm guessing that Emerald is a cycleman.
craftykids
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter