Is this a good gaming pc?

SpiderMatty's Avatar SpiderMatty1/25/15 7:18 am
2/3/2015 2:25 pm
WTFshady's Avatar WTFshady
I'm getting a pc for my birthday is this a good gaming pc?

Ethernet Built in 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
Graphics Discrete
Graphics Chip NVIDIA GeForce GT 720
Hard Drive RPM 7200 revolutions per minute
Hard Drive Capacity 1000 gigabytes
Hard Drive Type SATA
Included Software Basic software package included
Media Card Reader No
Number Of Auxiliary Outputs 1
Number Of Ethernet Ports 1
Number Of USB Port(s) 6
Operating System Windows 8.1
Operating System Architecture 64-bit
Optical Drive Type DVD+RW An optical disc drive (ODD) is a disk drive that uses laser light or electromagnetic waves in the process of reading or writing data to or from optical discs like CD,DVD, Blu ray disc. (BD-R stands for Blu-ray Disc recordable and BD-RE for Blu-ray Disc Recordable Erasable. XL, QL, DL defines the data speed)
Port Type(s) 3.5mm audio
Processor Brand AMD
Processor Speed 3.8 gigahertz
Processor Model AMD FX-Series
System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes
System Memory RAM Expandable To 16 gigabytes Maximum amount of memory a computer can support (as opposed to the amount that comes preinstalled).
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM
Video Memory Type Dedicated
Wireless Networking None
Audio Technology High-definition 5.1-channel surround
Blu-Ray Player No
EPEAT Qualified Yes
2 Acer - 19.5" LED HD Monitors

Price: 744.47
SpiderMatty
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/03/2015 1:48 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
TheHipster
I love how you are all fighting over PC's

-grabs popcorn-
02/03/2015 1:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Creeper7111
Pass the coke. I'm joining
02/03/2015 1:42 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
y'all blurting out specs n hardware for high end machines and sayin "oh your dad can help you"

1. remember this guy is 10, he may or may not have as much knowledge as you all do

2. not all dads can build pcs, mine cant

3. he is under age so therefore the final decision will be made by his parents.; birthday or not
02/03/2015 1:56 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
THIS.

Just give the guy some specs and we can all be on our merry way, sheesh. It's not that hard. You can't force the guy to pick your specs over someone elses.
02/03/2015 2:23 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
We aren't forcing anyone to buy what we want to, we're advising him/her to get the best thing he can get.
02/03/2015 2:02 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
yus people ARE allowed pre-built PCs y'know pmc
02/03/2015 2:25 pm
WTFshady
Of course they are, but why should they spend their money on something that will waste their money. Yes, it might do what you want it to, but why get it when you can get something better?
02/03/2015 1:33 pm
WTFshady
Whoa, calm down boy.

Firstly, no need to offend anyone.

If they test their games on mainstream PCs (that are, in 90% of the cases, worse than custom built PCs), then why don't they run as good on better PCs? Even on branded PCs, they still run pretty bad. This is an optimization problem. However, if it runs good on a brand name PC and not on a better, custom built PC, then it's a driver or software problem, nothing with hardware.

OCing isn't hard if you have good hardware and are knowledgeable. Yes, if you're a first timer then it might be a problem to overclock, but for someone experienced, it isn't that hard. Also, when you say that you struggled when building PCs, then you're just telling everyone that because you had problems with it, no one should try it, even though most people had no problems whatsoever.

That would mean that both building a PC and buying a pre-built, branded PC is safe.

Even if PC manufacturers get the parts cheaper (which they do, bunch sales), then it's even bigger of a scam.

Same as above

You can test your custom-built PC. Test boot after you put everything on the motherboard, you do a test boot (I hope that you know how to do that). If one of the parts isn't working, then you contact the customer support and (hopefully) get a new part for free or for a small amount of money.

Same as 1st paragraph that I wrote.

So, you're telling me that something that something made by someone you don't even know is more trustworthy than someone you made yourself? I don't really know about you, but for me, making something myself makes it more trustworthy and future-proof, because you know what it is and how you deal with every (or at least most) problem that it has.

HDDs are pretty fast these days (not as fast as SSDs) and you don't need one when you can't afford it. Also, 23" is not tiny. My TV is 28" and I can barely stand playing my PS3 games on it. Let's not forget that you need to pay money for the screen etc. As you saw in my HP build, the screen only costed $250, and that's quite a bit to spend, compared to a 23" $100 screen I put on my build. $150 more for just a bigger screen? No, just no.

You can't see the difference, but why get something that costs more, but performs worse?

He is not trolling. Also, going along with his statement, you're basically paying even more to throw in a good GPU. That adds around $250 to the cost of the PC and also gives you +$250 profit if you build your own. He was being dead serious, no one is trying to troll you.

Everyone is capable of building a PC. As you can see on Woody's video, even a 5 year old girl can. If you can build something with LEGOs, then you can build a PC.

We should give him our cell number even if we live in another continent (I live in Europe)? Also, no one is saying nor implying that he/she's an expert. We're just trying to help someone get what's the best for him.

Please, try to be helpful and don't try to start arguments/flame wars. Thank you.
02/03/2015 12:42 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
SmakTalkwoody was obviously trolling though, he keeps digging on me about the video cards included in the machines and right in the same sentence I said the video cards are crap and need to be replaced.. and then goes on to say I don't know anything about PCs..

thanks for the trolling, next...

you guys also realize you are blindly recommending custom building a PC (apparently to save them money and get the "best performance") to someone and you never even asked if he wants to or is technically capable of doing it, right?

My recommendations are a fine one given the information that I know - he can afford to buy a nice PC and he wants a "good machine" within his budget. Even if he can assemble and configure his own machine, he may not know what hes getting into, just make sure u give him ur cell phone number so he has a self described 'Expert' to call when he runs into a problem or has a question.

Let's do this again, shall we?

the video cards included in the machines and right in the same sentence I said the video cards are crap and need to be replaced.
Do you not understand the concept of saving money? You're going on and on about us not saving him money, but you're recommending him to buy a PC, and immediately throw out half of it to upgrade it. Does that make any sense at all?

thanks for the trolling, next..
Right, I'm the troll. -.-

you guys also realize you are blindly recommending custom building a PC (apparently to save them money and get the "best performance")
You realize you are blindly recommending a prebuilt, overpriced PC, just to throw out half of it on arrival to spend even more money on parts that you could've just bought in the beginning to put together yourself.

you never even asked if he wants to or is technically capable of doing it, right?
A five year old is capable of building a PC, buddy.
Proof
[yt]Sr3MgKkS314[/yt]

My recommendations are a fine one given the information that I know - he can afford to buy a nice PC and he wants a "good machine" within his budget.
Yeah, the PC you listed is a good machine... And I'm the reincarnation of Morgan Jesusfreeman

Even if he can assemble and configure his own machine, he may not know what hes getting into
*refer back to the video I linked previously*

just make sure u give him ur cell phone number so he has a self described 'Expert' to call when he runs into a problem or has a question.
We'll gladly help him out if he has any questions. There's a PMC PC Skype group for a reason...
02/03/2015 12:26 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
SmakTalk
Click to reveal
lolz at the overclockerz club responses...

then they buy a cool game like Dying Light and go on Steam to write negative reviews saying its a bad console port that runs like crap on their leet beast OC'd machines.

That's because the game developers test their games on mainstream PC's - Dell, HP, Acer, etc before it's shipped. They can't and don't test it on OC's club frankenmachines.

I used to OC and custom build. It was never worth all the problems, it's cool at first then the novelty wears off after you hit a few games that don't run right and you can't figure out why. If you really can't afford to buy a better video card and want to try to squeeze out a few frames or whatever, that's fine.. but if you can actually afford the components, just go buy the one you want and run them at factory speeds.

PC parts are sold at their highest safely tested rating. They have already been tested by the manufacturer (who know alot more about their part than we do) and failed some internal test while running at a higher rating and that is why they are sold with the lower clock speed. It's called "Product binning". Any search engine search will turn up information about it. When a manufacturer that has a long product line of different speed parts - exactly like GPU manufacturers AMD/ATI and NVIDIA, they lose money having to bin the part into a lower clock frequency rating. If they could use the part at a higher clock frequency, they would.

post 2
Click to reveal
@WTFshady Well like I said, your math is correct they mark up the parts and they get them from the manufacturer for much cheaper than we will ever know.

So your math is absolutely correct but custom built PCs are not as stable as the Dell and HP builds - they may not run the most "optimal" configurations but they have tested 1000's of these machines and the components they put together run stable. The second part beyond the fact that they know the components are very stable together, is that the game developers test their games on Dell and HP machines with factory default settings.

As I stated, if you can afford to you should pay the extra markup and buy a brand name PC. What you are paying for is that you know that Dell and HP have already tested all the components in the PC and they are very stable. You also know that game developers have tested their product on HPs and Dells and while they may not have tested it on your exact HP computer configuration, chances are they have used a machine with similar parts. HP and Dell tend to use the same components in all their models, whether it be FoxConn motherboards or MSI motherboards because they have huge contracts with certain manufacturers to save money.

So before they shipped Dying Light and Dead Rising 3, they did in fact test it thoroughly on PCs and they don't just dump their games out onto the streets so they can receive tons of negative reviews. They test their games on widespread PC configurations, namely the Dells and HPs.

When you build your own machine to save money, you take the chances that some cool game will not run correctly or will blue screen or crash, or any number of weird things that may not be that obvious like slow framerates in certain areas of the game. If you can afford it, buy a brand name PC. It doesn't guarantee you won't ever have a problem, but you are far far more on the positive side of the game "probably will run correctly" statistics.

post 3
Click to reveal
... and yes, SSD for the operating system (plus some extra space for a few games or apps) is a "should have" component if you can afford it. So is getting a large screen... they are so cheap, why would anyone buy a tiny screen nowadays.

I see some people nerding out about clock frequencies and then saying SSD doesn't matter and you don't need anything larger than a 20 inch monitor? Really? Buying overpriced top tier speed CPUs and GPUs, where you are paying a huge premium for tiny speed increases where you will hardly even notice the fractions of a second difference in framerates and apps running and then cheaping out $50 for a tiny monitor that your eyes will squint at for hours on end.. that makes no sense.

whoever made that comment about my monitor choice (i dont care enough to go look) was obviously trolling.. You do know that your eyes can't tell the difference between a 7ms gray-to-gray and a 5ms gray-to-gray rate, and 2ms gray-to-gray right? My pick was purely made to illustrate the fact that you can buy a 27 inch IPS monitor built by a well respected monitor manufacturer at an affordable price, and the monitor nearly all 5 star reviews after 428 reviewers so I feel comfortable recommending it.

post 4
Click to reveal
woody was obviously trolling though, he keeps digging on me about the video cards included in the machines and right in the same sentence I said the video cards are crap and need to be replaced.. and then goes on to say I don't know anything about PCs..

you guys also realize you are blindly recommending custom building a PC (apparently to save them money and get the "best performance") to someone and you never even asked if he wants to or is technically capable of doing it, right?

My recommendations are a fine one given the information that I know - he can afford to buy a nice PC and he wants a "good machine" within his budget. Even if he can assemble and configure his own machine, he may not know what hes getting into, just make sure u give him ur cell phone number so he has a self described 'Expert' to call when he runs into a problem or has a question.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, but you're really don't. If a game doesn't run properly on a custom machine, but does on a brand name PC, then something is wrong with the drivers or setup of the custom machine, not the parts themselves. If something is still wrong, then it's a terrible port (like Watch_Dogs). Show me proof of a "name brand" PC outperforming a custom build for the same price. Stability my ass. Overclocking is dangerous and unnecessary, but if you have the proper cooling to do it safely, why not? Another point: do you have any idea what a non reference cooler is? They allow the card to run at faster frequencies without overheating. As for an SSD, they barely make any difference and money is better spent somewhere else.

Building a PC is extremely easy, I did my first one in a few hours by watching YouTube videos and had no problems.
02/03/2015 8:27 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SmakTalk
lolz at the overclockerz club responses...

then they buy a cool game like Dying Light and go on Steam to write negative reviews saying its a bad console port that runs like crap on their leet beast OC'd machines.

That's because the game developers test their games on mainstream PC's - Dell, HP, Acer, etc before it's shipped. They can't and don't test it on OC's club frankenmachines.

I used to OC and custom build. It was never worth all the problems, it's cool at first then the novelty wears off after you hit a few games that don't run right and you can't figure out why. If you really can't afford to buy a better video card and want to try to squeeze out a few frames or whatever, that's fine.. but if you can actually afford the components, just go buy the one you want and run them at factory speeds.

PC parts are sold at their highest safely tested rating. They have already been tested by the manufacturer (who know alot more about their part than we do) and failed some internal test while running at a higher rating and that is why they are sold with the lower clock speed. It's called "Product binning". Any search engine search will turn up information about it. When a manufacturer that has a long product line of different speed parts - exactly like GPU manufacturers AMD/ATI and NVIDIA, they lose money having to bin the part into a lower clock frequency rating. If they could use the part at a higher clock frequency, they would.

post 2
Click to reveal
@WTFshady Well like I said, your math is correct they mark up the parts and they get them from the manufacturer for much cheaper than we will ever know.

So your math is absolutely correct but custom built PCs are not as stable as the Dell and HP builds - they may not run the most "optimal" configurations but they have tested 1000's of these machines and the components they put together run stable. The second part beyond the fact that they know the components are very stable together, is that the game developers test their games on Dell and HP machines with factory default settings.

As I stated, if you can afford to you should pay the extra markup and buy a brand name PC. What you are paying for is that you know that Dell and HP have already tested all the components in the PC and they are very stable. You also know that game developers have tested their product on HPs and Dells and while they may not have tested it on your exact HP computer configuration, chances are they have used a machine with similar parts. HP and Dell tend to use the same components in all their models, whether it be FoxConn motherboards or MSI motherboards because they have huge contracts with certain manufacturers to save money.

So before they shipped Dying Light and Dead Rising 3, they did in fact test it thoroughly on PCs and they don't just dump their games out onto the streets so they can receive tons of negative reviews. They test their games on widespread PC configurations, namely the Dells and HPs.

When you build your own machine to save money, you take the chances that some cool game will not run correctly or will blue screen or crash, or any number of weird things that may not be that obvious like slow framerates in certain areas of the game. If you can afford it, buy a brand name PC. It doesn't guarantee you won't ever have a problem, but you are far far more on the positive side of the game "probably will run correctly" statistics.

post 3
Click to reveal
... and yes, SSD for the operating system (plus some extra space for a few games or apps) is a "should have" component if you can afford it. So is getting a large screen... they are so cheap, why would anyone buy a tiny screen nowadays.

I see some people nerding out about clock frequencies and then saying SSD doesn't matter and you don't need anything larger than a 20 inch monitor? Really? Buying overpriced top tier speed CPUs and GPUs, where you are paying a huge premium for tiny speed increases where you will hardly even notice the fractions of a second difference in framerates and apps running and then cheaping out $50 for a tiny monitor that your eyes will squint at for hours on end.. that makes no sense.

whoever made that comment about my monitor choice (i dont care enough to go look) was obviously trolling.. You do know that your eyes can't tell the difference between a 7ms gray-to-gray and a 5ms gray-to-gray rate, and 2ms gray-to-gray right? My pick was purely made to illustrate the fact that you can buy a 27 inch IPS monitor built by a well respected monitor manufacturer at an affordable price, and the monitor nearly all 5 star reviews after 428 reviewers so I feel comfortable recommending it.

post 4
Click to reveal
woody was obviously trolling though, he keeps digging on me about the video cards included in the machines and right in the same sentence I said the video cards are crap and need to be replaced.. and then goes on to say I don't know anything about PCs..

02/02/2015 12:16 pm
Woodilicious
-pmc glitched and double posted-
(my bad lol)
02/02/2015 12:32 am
SmakTalk
Your setup is missing SSD and your monitor should be 24-27", not any less.

If your budget is $2000, DEFINATELY buy a brand name PC (I like HP's) and don't build your own, the amount of headache isn't worth it. Ever since I began buying brand name PC's (years ago), i've never had any gaming problems.

To be honest, those components you listed are overpriced - the cost to performance ratio is aweful. The hexacore is nice but a waste of money, you'll never find an app or game that can use it. You should never buy the top of the line equipment.

Heres an HP Envy (my preference) for only $999 direct from HP w/free shipping but it has a crappy video card, you'd have to buy a video card:
http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... AA%2523ABA

Add onto it the HP 27xi for $279:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-27-In ... ywords=ips

and then whatever is left over you can buy a very nice video card.

If you want all the cool-but-completely -unneccesary liquid cooling and case fans and everything, here is one for $998 but it doesn't have an SSD and only comes with a GTX 650 - the HP Envy is a much better deal for the same price:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Bla ... c/21907353

Here is one with the correct setup and a Dell, but its $1409, it does supposedly come with an ATI Radeon R9-270 (but you should double check that):
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X8700-6877BL ... 87&sr=1-12
02/02/2015 1:28 pm
WTFshady
Adding something to Woody's quote:

You also save money by building your own PC. Liquid cooling and case fans are necessary, especially if you're overclocking your CPU and/or GPU. Also, the iBUYPOWER PC has no liquid cooling and/or case fans (except those pre-installed on the case), just a sticker on the side of the case.

Let's do basic math and PC building so you can see how much you can profit from building your own PC:

HP PC build
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($307.99 @ Directron)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: *G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($117.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 640 4GB Video Card ($108.99 @ Directron)
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.00 @ B&H)
Monitor: Dell S2740L 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N600PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($21.72 @ Amazon)
Total: $1115.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-02 12:48 EST-0500

$1300 - $1115 = $185 profit

iBUYPOWER PC build

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($307.99 @ Directron)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: *Team Elite Plus 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card ($112.14 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $913.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-02 13:01 EST-0500

$1000 - $915 = $85 profit

The Dell actually has GTX 660 (took the information from Dell's website)
Dell PC build

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($286.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N600PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($21.72 @ Amazon)
Total: $1083.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-02 13:18 EST-0500

$1410 - $1085 = $325 profit

Let's not forget that NONE of these builds have optimal parts.

$1000 build that performs better than any of those builds in games and everything

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($186.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: *Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($299.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer G227HQLbi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1006.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-02 13:28 EST-0500
02/02/2015 12:19 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1793855
[deleted]
02/02/2015 12:17 pm
Woodilicious
Too much idiocy to handle...

Your setup is missing SSD and your monitor should be 24-27", not any less.
^This is an opinion. An SSD is basically a peripheral. It is not necessary at all to have. It makes things better in some areas, but it is not needed. Same thing applies to monitor size.

If your budget is $2000, DEFINATELY buy a brand name PC
Ohhhh, right, a $2000 computer with an r9 270 ($100 card) makes perfect sense.

and don't build your own, the amount of headache isn't worth it
It takes 20 minutes ("2-3 hours for a first timer" -Random) to build a PC, and it is not difficult to do at all.

Ever since I began buying brand name PC's (years ago), i've never had any gaming problems.
My PC's grand total was $800. It runs all next-gen games at over 60fps, with very minor dips.
A pre-built PC for the same price would be lucky to handle Minecraft
You and I sir have a very different definition of a playable framerate for a reasonable cost.

To be honest, those components you listed are overpriced - the cost to performance ratio is aweful. The hexacore is nice but a waste of money, you'll never find an app or game that can use it
I didn't see the build yet, so I've got nothing to disagree on yet. However, 6-core cpus are made for a reason--running many processes at the same time. I don't know about you, but I don't just run one process at a time on my computer.

. You should never buy the top of the line equipment.
....why not? Future proofness is a key aspect of a >$1500 PC

Heres an HP Envy (my preference) for only $999 direct from HP w/free shipping but it has a crappy video card, you'd have to buy a video card:
http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... AA%2523ABA

A $1000 PC with a gt 640... Hold up.
Let's think about that again, but this time slower
A $1000 PC... with a gt 640...
You do realize how poorly that will perform in games, right? You can probably fit a gtx 970 in a $1000 budget PC.

Add onto it the HP 27xi for $279:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-27-In ... ywords=ips

You're serious? A $300 monitor? With a 7ms response time? Hah nope.

If you want all the cool-but-completely -unneccesary liquid cooling and case fans and everything, here is one for $998 but it doesn't have an SSD and only comes with a GTX 650 - the HP Envy is a much better deal for the same price:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBUYPOWER-Bla ... c/21907353

A GTX 650 IS NOT A $1000 PC-GRADE VIDEO CARD.

Here is one with the correct setup and a Dell, but its $1409, it does supposedly come with an ATI Radeon R9-270 (but you should double check that):
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X8700-6877BL ... 87&sr=1-12

I'm having Alienware Area 51 flashbacks right now...
"$1500 PC with a r9 270"
Ahh, the memories

@OP, do not listen to this person. He obviously does not know what he is talking about, and you will not get a good PC if you buy prebuilt.
02/01/2015 2:35 am
Level 21 : Expert Zombie
codyayates
LOL, Just recommended someone a 750$ pc. Ill list it to you too. Youll need it. It is made to be upgraded in the future.BTW, you will want to replace the case for something more stylish. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LegendOfLich/saved/k4qV3C
01/29/2015 1:29 pm
WTFshady

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($123.89 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer S220HQLAbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 Wired Laser Mouse ($71.99 @ NCIX US)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones ($149.44 @ Amazon)
Total: $1410.24
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 13:25 EST-0500

I didn't use all the budget because with the new AMD 3XX series coming out, you can get something better than 2x970.
01/29/2015 1:23 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Hero
GarretSidzaka
that graphics card is pretty weak.
01/29/2015 1:29 pm
WTFshady
Who told that to you? A GTX 970 is one of the best gaming GPUs out there.
01/29/2015 4:25 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
I believe, (and I may be 100% wrong) that he is talking about the original OP, where he said he was gonna get a 720.
01/30/2015 1:32 am
WTFshady
Oh ok. In that case, he has a point.
01/29/2015 12:13 pm
SpiderMatty
My budget just got bumped to $2000. Is this one good for this price

Gaming Chasis: NZXT Source 530 w/ USB 3.0, 10-port fan hub, Side-Panel Window
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six-Core 3.30GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI PLUS ATX w/Intel GbLAN, 4x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1x M.2, 8x SATA 6Gb/s
RAM / System Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Maxwell) (Single Card)
Power Supply: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Optical Drive: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
Headset: Universal Headset Wireless AG Prismatic Afterglow PDP
Gaming Gear: Blue-Microphones-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Special-Edition-Black
USB Hub & Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial
Logitech Webcam C930e
Acer - 19.5" LED HD Monitor
Price $1925.46
01/29/2015 12:48 pm
DrStrad
No, especially not with those peripherals.
01/29/2015 12:50 pm
SpiderMatty
Peripherals?
01/29/2015 12:52 pm
DrStrad
Headset, keyboard, mouse, microphone.

You won't need to spend anywhere near $2000 if you just plan on playing the games you said.
01/27/2015 7:53 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
seasea128
u cant use ur shield by that gt 720. u need a gtx 650 or better.
01/27/2015 6:17 am
SpiderMatty
I found the same pc on the post, except its $550 without the monitors
01/27/2015 1:32 am
SpiderMatty
epicanthony76
SpiderMatty8
NamechangeThat for $750? It makes me want to cry. Would you be willing to build a computer (much better than buying it prebuilt), please fill this out.

What is this computer going to be used for?
Gaming with minecraft, Assassin's creed and skyrim with graphic enhanced mods
What is your budget?
$800
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
US but no nearest micro center is in NYC
What is included in the budget?
Uh the things I listed in the post
Will you be overclocking?
What's overclocking?
Will you be reusing any parts?
I currently use a laptop (No)
What OS do you want?
Windows 8.1
Any specific case preferences?
A small Red and black
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Large hardrive.

Happy birthday btw
I'm 10 I can't exactly build a pc but I filled it out anyway.

"Overclocking is the process of forcing a computer or component to operate faster than the manufactured clock frequency. Operating voltages may also be changed (increased), which can increase the speed at which operation remains stable."
Its pretty much just letting you choose how fast you want your cpu/gpu to be, but its dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
And I have no idea what i'm doing soo...
01/25/2015 12:14 pm
SmakTalk
a GTX 750 is the most economical and power for the money, its only $99-120
passmark has the best list of benchmarks, and they show a price for performance index too.
01/25/2015 12:49 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
A 260x is the same price and gives off way more performance...
01/25/2015 12:54 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
And isn't Nvidia shield compatible
01/25/2015 12:56 pm
forgot about you
That's not the point I was making, smart alec. He said it was the most economical and power for the money so I said it wasn't, because it isn't.
01/25/2015 12:36 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
But his budget it $750, which can get him a better GPU than that.
01/25/2015 11:47 am
SmakTalk
good luck finding a brand new i5 from a brand name for $449 like that link I gave, its a nice PC at a nice price. Just add a new video card and get your monitors, you'll be set.
01/27/2015 1:28 am
SpiderMatty
I have an i5 in my current pc, only problem is my current pc is a laptop.
01/25/2015 12:36 pm
RoboShadow
01/25/2015 11:43 am
SmakTalk
Spidey I sent you some private messages on here.
You should get an i5 or i7, and I sent you the links.

For everone else, here is the link to the PC that I recommended:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Black-As ... ethod=p13n

Here is a youtube unboxing video of the PC, not sure if its all the same specs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bFsX4dpzis
01/25/2015 10:30 am
RoboShadow
I guess the 960 could work for you, but it isn't as powerful as the 280x, and a bit more expensive in most cases.
http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/med ... mark-2.jpg (770 beats 960)
http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/upl ... 35x321.jpg (280x beats out 770)
01/25/2015 10:01 am
WTFshady
I made two builds - 1 with a monitor and one without.

Monitor build

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($66.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: *Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.59 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Diamond Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $796.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-25 09:57 EST-0500

Wthout monitor build

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($66.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: *Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.59 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $796.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-25 09:57 EST-0500

The one without a monitor has a better CPU and GPU, but will perform nearly the same.
01/25/2015 9:23 am
forgot about you
Here is a $800 build that you don't have to do any MIRs for, it also has a 280x which kills a GT 720. The Spec-01 is also red for your liking. I was going to reccomend getting a 300 series AMD GPU but that won't be coming for quite a while.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($186.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $792.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-25 09:21 EST-0500

Oh yeah, there are plenty of people your age building computers, and like WTFshady said, have your dad help. There are also plenty of tutorials online which you can look at before-hand or as you build it.
01/25/2015 9:49 am
SpiderMatty
Does it use Geforce because I wanted to use Nvidia Shield
01/25/2015 10:10 am
RoboShadow
Do you already have the Shield?
01/25/2015 10:26 am
SpiderMatty
Yeah
01/25/2015 10:01 am
WTFshady
No, it has an AMD GPU.
01/25/2015 9:19 am
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
SpiderMatty8
NamechangeThat for $750? It makes me want to cry. Would you be willing to build a computer (much better than buying it prebuilt), please fill this out.

What is your budget?
$800
What's overclocking?
What OS do you want?
Windows 8.1
A small Red and black
Large hardrive.

Happy birthday btw

"Overclocking is the process of forcing a computer or component to operate faster than the manufactured clock frequency. Operating voltages may also be changed (increased), which can increase the speed at which operation remains stable."
Its pretty much just letting you choose how fast you want your cpu/gpu to be, but its dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
01/25/2015 8:35 am
WTFshady
SpiderMatty8

List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Size, color, etc.
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi

Happy birthday btw
I'm 10 I can't exactly build a pc

Happy birthday
It's pretty easy. Basically juts like LEGOs. Your dad can help you with it too.
01/25/2015 8:31 am
SpiderMatty

What is your budget?
$800
What's overclocking?
What OS do you want?
Windows 8.1
A small Red and black
Large hardrive.

Happy birthday btw
01/25/2015 8:13 am
forgot about you
That for $750? It makes me want to cry. Would you be willing to build a computer (much better than buying it prebuilt), please fill this out.

List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Size, color, etc.
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi

Happy birthday btw
01/25/2015 11:04 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1793855
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome