Thoughts on Ebola?

TacoMaster211's Avatar TacoMaster21110/24/14 11:20 pm
10/25/2014 2:36 am
Ash's Avatar Ash
Im thinking its real and a problem but if people are scaring everyone, people have a better chance of coming to other countries such as USA, when they are infected. I say just let Liberia die out until the disease stops. I know it is harsh but still, having others go and get infected, is risking all lives.
TacoMaster211
Level 4 : Apprentice Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/25/2014 2:36 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Sigh. I understand your good intentions in trying to get opinions and understand this issue, but it really isn't appropriate discussion for the forums.
10/25/2014 2:21 am
Level 26 : Expert Lumberjack
Areo
#RIPThomasDuncan This is life or death for many people in places like Africa and meanwhile we americans our sitting on our asses watching Fox News interview John McCain About how the obama administration didn't word correctly their ebola report. When you have ebola do you want other countries say "Just Let'em Die And Cut Off Contact. We'll Live" ? Wow!
10/25/2014 1:29 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
KJP12
Azie
The_Big_Dish... west nile, then swine flu, now this.

I remember that. lol

"Don't eat the beef, you'll get mad cow disease!"

*eats tons of beef, doesn't get mad cow disease*

"Don't go outside at dusk, wear bug spray, wear clothing that covers skin completely!"

*wears jeans and tee shirts, bug spray is gross, I go outside when I want to and the mosquito don't like me. doesn't get west nile*

"OMG dood, we're gonna die. Swine flu fever 102 degrees!"

*washes hands regularly, doesn't get swine flu*

Here is more to add on to it
"Don't eat chicken, you will get chicken pocks!"
*Eats 1000 chicken, didn't got chicken pocks*

"Don't eat peas, you will turn into one!"
*Eats a whole can(which by the way, I eat the entire can's inside), didn't got the pea disease"

"Don't wash your hands, you will blow!"
*washes hands, and didn't swell*

"Don't drank the water! There is a virus inside of it!"
*drinks water, alright, and hyper(Its the hyper virus!)*

Now thats alot. Also, a few is a bit funny.

About Ebola: The US only have 3, or 4 cases of it, because of the camera crew was idiotic enough to touch the people, and didn't know they have ebola. Well, atlease we don't have a wide spread of it right now here.
10/25/2014 1:22 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
JOKES.
EBOLA. JOKES. EVERYWHERE.
10/25/2014 1:12 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
Vermon122
If you've noticed almost everyone who has had it and caught it in time, has been cleared and survived, they say that the person was treated with an Experimental Drug, which means they vaccinated the person with a drug they were not sure was going to work. Then they conclude by saying that they're unsure if that drug is what cleared them. If you think about it the Government probably has a vaccine for it, just doesn't want the public to know, because to be honest the government makes money on things like "Raise money to help find cure for x virus, etc" Therefore why would they realice it. Same with Cancer, I am certain they have a cure, but why cure it? The world is over populating, and they make money.. My Honest Opinion..
10/25/2014 1:34 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
you are a little misinformed:

Most companies that ask for money for whatever research are not owned by the government but are private nonprofit organizations.

There is probably no exact cure for cancer, cancer is basically mutated cells which grow without normal control and may form into tumors. It is hard to fight it since the body won't attack your own cells in normal conditions. We just need to find a better way to fight it, that is what the research is for.
10/25/2014 1:09 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Let me be clear, there are about 3-4 hospitals in the entire USA that are equipped to treat Ebola.

Other than that, its freaky, yeah, especially with a sister as an A-EMT, I'm not happy about it, but other than that.
10/25/2014 12:57 am
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
I just left South Africa on a holiday when Ebola showed up. I'm not sure if South Africa has been infected but it's still pretty close.

I live in Australia and I'm not scared of it striking here. What we are doing here looks reassuring plus I have my own Level C Hazmat Suit. But I am starting to get a little worried about everyone else, we will probably figure out how to stop it though. I doubt it can be worse than Black Plague. It really surprised me when it showed up in the US.
10/25/2014 1:36 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
MinesmashMC
The only reason it showed up in the US was because scientists/doctors wanted to find a cure.
It was a dumb and smart move on them.
Smart? They can find a cure if they work hard.
Dumb? It could spread and.. Yeah.... Wouldn't be good...
10/25/2014 12:39 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
odstEN_
Ebola isn't a major problem at this moment. You have a higher chance of dieing from other diseases/viruses actually
10/25/2014 12:08 am
The_Big_Dish
Azie

I remember that. lol

"Don't go outside at dusk, wear bug spray, wear clothing that covers skin completely!"

*wears jeans and tee shirts, bug spray is gross, I go outside when I want to and the mosquito don't like me. doesn't get west nile*

omg I almost forgot about mad cow disease! yes that was another big disease scare.
10/25/2014 12:00 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie

I remember that. lol

10/24/2014 11:57 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
87man
I am very tired.
10/24/2014 11:55 pm
The_Big_Dish
Really nothing to worry about, people literally panic over some disease every 5 years I would say. When I was a kid it was west nile, then swine flu, now this.
10/24/2014 11:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Yeah, except they freaked out about swine flu because it killed around 50 million people in 1918... But then again, times were different.
10/24/2014 11:49 pm
87man
Vamboz
TacoMaster211Im thinking its real and a problem but if people are scaring everyone, people have a better chance of coming to other countries such as USA, when they are infected. I say just let Liberia die out until the disease stops. I know it is harsh but still, having others go and get infected, is risking all lives.

What we need to do is blow up all infected countries

That won't help. (Also we would be killing many people that we could have tried to save.
10/24/2014 11:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Vamboz
TacoMaster211Im thinking its real and a problem but if people are scaring everyone, people have a better chance of coming to other countries such as USA, when they are infected. I say just let Liberia die out until the disease stops. I know it is harsh but still, having others go and get infected, is risking all lives.

What we need to do is blow up all infected countries
10/24/2014 11:44 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
I honestly don't think it's something we need to worry about. Like everyone else said, I'm pretty sure we're safe.
10/24/2014 11:42 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
few things canada and i believe russia both claim to have a cure so why dont people go there instead of usa and second it wouldnt be half as bad if people werent so friggen selfish i mean come on this new person in new york had symptoms for over a week and was still going out and bowling and all that and yet him and others excuses are: the CDC didnt quarantine me so i thought i was ok.

and thats why it spreads people that HAVE been to medical school cant figure out that they got ebola when they had been working with an ebola patient and still think its ok to wander about
10/24/2014 11:41 pm
87man
Don't listen to the "Ebola Zombies" article. It is a hoax. It is also stupid.
10/24/2014 11:40 pm
87man
AzieThis is a treatable disease, guys. In other countries, it's a really big problem, but in countries such as the US, a person can easily survive it by reporting their symptoms to a hospital and receiving proper treatment.

Ebola doesn't survive very long outside of a host, so normal, sanitary living conditions and healthy habits will most likely keep you safe. If you want to go the extra mile, avoid touching public doorknobs, toilet seats, etc. and don't touch your face. You should really do that anyway or at least wash your hands after touching a potentially germy surface.

Azie is right, everybody.
10/24/2014 11:39 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This is a treatable disease, guys. In other countries, it's a really big problem, but in countries such as the US, a person can easily survive it by reporting their symptoms to a hospital and receiving proper treatment.

Ebola doesn't survive very long outside of a host, so normal, sanitary living conditions and healthy habits will most likely keep you safe. If you want to go the extra mile, avoid touching public doorknobs, toilet seats, etc. and don't touch your face. You should really do that anyway or at least wash your hands after touching a potentially germy surface.

Edit: I just looked this up and hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will kill the virus on contact. This is a super easy solution for being out in public and touching germy surfaces. Get a little bottle from a drug store and carry it with you when you go out.
10/24/2014 11:38 pm
87man
I don't think it will be too bad of an epidemic. Stop worrying. You should just stock up in case. I'm pretty sure we can handle it.
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
There is a higher chance of us dying from the flu than getting Ebola, don't worry.
10/24/2014 11:37 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pig
sso2
let me get something straight, EBOLA IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE DELT WITH! Once a cure is found, it will be no big deal anymore "oh I got ebola!, better go to the pharmisist and get some medicine!" so NO NEED TO FREAK OUT!
10/25/2014 1:42 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
starrypixel
It's definitely NOT that simple. It'll take a while for them to develop something they think might work, and then they have to go through the process of making sure it's safe especially if they used the virus itself to figure out the cure. Even then it may not work and just boost the immune system to fight ebola better.

Also, considering the amount of time, materials and money they'll need to use, it won't be as easy as going to your local CVS. The cure might take months or even years.
10/24/2014 11:52 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pig
sso2
ok so what I meny by this was when a quick-made cure was made that would make ebola easier to cure OK
10/24/2014 11:39 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
There is a cure
10/24/2014 11:36 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
As long as you make sure you are sanitary, everything will be alright. Bodily fluids is the only way Ebola travels.

The only reason that Ebola is deadly is that those countries are unsanitary.

Wash your hands. Cover your face with the crook of your arm when you sneeze.
10/24/2014 11:30 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
strongblaster
i don't think it is a major problem yet, just think, this virus could be more like rabies. I heard on news 69 that there's a care or a vaccine for it. I don't know if its true or hoax. Also, Africa is a big continent, look at google maps and see that greenland is bigger than Africa, but that's not true. and Africa IS on the OTHER side of the world.

An also, I would survive 19 days in a creeper apocalypse.
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
There is a vaccine, the problem is that it takes around a month to make enough for 1 person.

Also, I don't think we have much to worry about. Our healthcare systems are well prepared for outbreaks, but I still think they should forcibly quarantine people coming from infected countries no matter what.
10/24/2014 11:28 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Nether Knight
BlastedEuro
Zeranny, Apink is best ^^
10/24/2014 11:24 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
We live in a globalised world, the healthcare problems of one country belong to every other country too. We have a duty to ourselves and our fellow humans to help.
That said, the panic in America is hilariously over the top.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome