Too many girl skins?

Dexzernq79's Avatar Dexzernq796/7/16 3:19 pm
1 emeralds 7.9k 158
9/13/2016 10:41 am
starcatcher77's Avatar starcatcher77
When I click on skins on PMC, i'll guarantee that at least eight of the skins are girls. I think that this is pretty annoying. I just think there are too many of them. I'm not saying they're bad, because some are really good. If you can, answer my poll and comment what you think.
Dexzernq79
Level 20 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/13/2016 5:52 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
MysticJhn
While I voted for "Too many girl skins", that's not entirely true to how I think.
I feel like there's too many girl skins that look exactly the same.
Just palette swaps of the same skin over and over.
A lot of the same clothes, the same exact shading, same hair shapes, same eyes.
Same shading on the eyes.
I'm sure you could probably say that about male skins as well, but this topic is about girl skins.

When it comes to skins in general, for a community based on a game about creativity and building whatever you want, we're not that creative with the skins we make or use.
Maybe I should post my joke skin that reimagines default Steve in a hoodie with headphones.
09/13/2016 6:19 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Musician
DigitalSquirrel
^ This. I came on the other day after not really looking at anything other than the forum for a while. I went through the popular reel in the skins section and guess what? Only one of those wasn't one of these garddang skins. I agree with MysticJhn, they all look the same, only with a change of palette and maybe a different hairstyle. Not offence to any skin makers, but perhaps some originality and creativity is due? Take Kefka for example. A great skinner, and all his stuff is more or less different.
09/13/2016 5:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
SandWoman
there is a option to limit to only male skins, did i blow your mind?
09/13/2016 5:05 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Lokiwhether or not you like them is your own problem.

Well said. You can't just get rid of something because you don't like it. If other people still like it, then jut ignore its existence. It's actually that simple.
09/12/2016 8:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc786113
[deleted]
09/12/2016 8:31 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
so right!
09/12/2016 7:21 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
LacherZz
I can totally agree that there are quite a bunch of girl skins, but the thing is - boy skins are quite hard to make and design, especially to find a new way of creativity for them. The only way you could go is with the current ones, and trying to create new ones is like trying to recreate earth (exaggeration).

Off-topic spoiler:
Click to reveal
I've got to personally say that I don't really like the detailed stuff on the girl skins today, and putting too much on the boys make it look like they've been rolling around in dirt and having a cow laundry machine. I mostly dislike anime, but that's just my opinion. I think the best of skins are the simplistic ones that don't look the worse.

Summary:
- I agree that there are too many girl skins.
- Boy skins are hard to make
09/03/2016 1:54 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Princess
NotComingBack
I understand why people like girl skins, they like all the nice long hair with the female fashion designs and with male skins you can't be as creative I guess. I do wish there were more male skins though
09/12/2016 7:35 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
Ah, yes.
Because there are 0 men on this planet who care about being creative.
09/12/2016 7:41 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
That's not true.
The reason is, that males like to use their imagination to create females, and at the same time, females like creating female skins. So everyone is making female skins.
09/12/2016 8:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
There are more male skins than female skins, but whether or not you like them is your own problem.
09/01/2016 5:05 pm
Level 45 : Master Dolphin
TimeDolphin
There's definitely more girl skins than guy skins. I'm not sure why, personally I feel like girl skins are harder to make (mostly because of the hair). I think most of my skins are guy skins.

What I think is more annoying is the lack of variety. Most of the popreel skins look the same, just different colours. They don't look bad but it does get boring to see over and over again.
09/03/2016 2:14 pm
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
I feel the same
09/01/2016 9:42 am
Monotone
Why are we still talking about this?
09/01/2016 4:38 am
Level 1 : New Miner
GunZhero
Dexzernq79When I click on skins on PMC, i'll guarantee that at least eight of the skins are girls. I think that this is pretty annoying. I just think there are too many of them. I'm not saying they're bad, because some are really good. If you can, answer my poll and comment what you think.

Lmao, I totally agree it seems Minecraft servers consist of all girl skins.
08/26/2016 7:52 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Immxxxgiiinnxxxtion
sorry but the girls have way to many and when we go to get new skins all the cool ones are for girls
08/26/2016 7:55 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
GabrielleCraft
Then just make a girl skin a boy skin by cutting the hair and fixing the eyes..
08/26/2016 2:28 am
yoda473
JediJerboaWith guys, they just throw on a hoodie, black pants, sneakers, and headphones then it's done.

Which is weird, because I don't know anyone weird enough to actually wear headphones outside.
08/25/2016 10:34 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
It might be that the format for a boy skin is easy, but making it interesting is a whole other ballgame. Girls have so many more options for hair styles, clothing, and accessories. With guys, they just throw on a hoodie, black pants, sneakers, and headphones then it's done. That's all they put. Not saying everyone does it, but I'm saying the trend is very popular. Plus, you can't really get creative with the hair or else it just ends up looking weird. But hey, there's always room for improvement in the skinning trade.
08/25/2016 10:13 pm
GabrielleCraft
He's just to lazy to make them or request them so he wants every1 to make only boy skins so he can have his way. Come on, boy skins are much easier than girl skins. Most of the boy skins have short hair and girl skins have long hair.Hair and clothes are the hardest part so making a boy skin isn't hart at all.
08/25/2016 8:45 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Unicorn
Carlasaur
My latest Male skin:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/-ge ... or-caden-/

And actually there are 226,048 Female skins and 707,837 Male skins.
You just gotta look harder my friend.
08/25/2016 5:13 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
SophisticatedPJs
why does it matter what gender the skin is .-. as long as it's good, there's no reason to be annoyed. also, i thought you should know that i just checked, and there are 707,798 male skins and only 226,003 female skins. stop saying there's too many, it's frustrating and a little bit rude. people work hard on most of these skins, you should appreciate them no matter what gender they are :/

Stay Creative~<3
08/25/2016 4:31 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
Melancholism
oh, hey, if u think there's too many girl skins, just look at the "recent skins" section. I'm pretty sure you'll find at least 3 boy skins there for you to have if you are a boy.

It's just the girl skins that are most popular because I guess more girls change thier skins in mc (or boys that wear girl skins)

Want more boy skins? make them yourself.
08/25/2016 4:25 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
Melancholism
True that.
08/25/2016 4:05 pm
Level 41 : Master Wolf
Oka Cola
Tbh, I have no opinion, I do make girl skins, but IDC,if you want more guys skins, just make them urself or request them
08/25/2016 1:47 pm
Monotone
Oh my god this thread again

Let's just all agree not to post on this ok

I can already smell the smoke of incoming flame wars
08/25/2016 1:58 pm
GabrielleCraft
No one is fighting...
08/25/2016 12:58 pm
GabrielleCraft
I disagree. There are not to many girl skins, and if there is it's because that girls are usually the ones making them. A lot of people like girl skins, even some boys. In fact, I'm a girl but I'd rather have a boy skin. Why? Because I like them. I like girl skins, but most are to girly. I've been making my own skins and I have posted 3 boy skins on my skindex account (GabbCme) and I'm probably going to play as them later on. The point is that some people like boy skins while some people like girls skins no matter what gender they are.
08/25/2016 7:48 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
Well, yeah, there're too much, but we can fix that, okay?
Girl skins are just easy to make. Boy skins too, if you think they're hard, I think you're seeing "hard" the wrong way. You just shorten the hair and remove some of the eyelashes and then you'll get a guy skin or something.

I mean like, seriously. I don't get your point of "Oooh, boy skins are hard to make"
... I know I don't make guy skins that often but I do, well, I used to when I stopped skinning that much.

And yeah, the amount of girl skins are a lot here. But I think it's an okay amount.
09/03/2016 1:47 pm
Crescendo
I agree so much with this lmao like how on earth would a boy be harder to skin than a girl? I think it's just people being unwilling to push themselves out of their comfort zones- thus we get this repetitive similar girl skin being produced every time. But I guess that's easier too as their subscribers ofc like it so why change?

In the end people are just making what their subscribers like, even if it means they never improve on their content. But that's just my opinion
08/25/2016 7:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Princess
Rachel_Alucard
Well yes there are too many girls skins BUT they are high quality and good.
And I checked that if you seperate the category there are about 700,000 male skins and 200,000 girl skins.
So basically there are many boy skins but some are not that very good or unique in a way. (Sorry if I offended anyone)
And this can't be change as people just post what they want and normally it is a female skin and I think that I am completely satisfied because there are still many male skins too choose from and more to come.
But yes Female skins are way too much.
But they are atleast high quality and good!
08/25/2016 6:13 am
Crescendo
whoa I forgot I ever even voted on this thread,

although statistically yes there are more boy skins I think there are less decent male skins out there (especially on the reel at the moment) I rarely ever see boy skins there now a days. Boy skins I mostly see tend to be the classic ones that have just been recoloured a thousand times (ya know the headphones, emo fringe, checkered shirt).

Also a lot of people are making boy skins that aren't really all that masculine either (sorry if I offend anyone by using that as an adjective) - but yeah I think a lot of the girl skins at the moment look too similar but what can I do about that I guess, people make what they like...
08/24/2016 11:44 am
Level 48 : Master Magical Boy
videogamer1002
Just recolored teen skins in general.
08/24/2016 11:35 am
Level 20 : Expert Explorer
Dexzernq79
Ok I admit that i've made a couple girl skins but yeah, it's either a request or just a random thing I saw on youtube.
08/02/2016 1:43 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Pjotrs
Lol, dumb topic, someone maybe make topic '' Too many boy skins ''
We have normal amount of girl skins, because girls also playing this game, not only boys !
08/02/2016 1:34 pm
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Witherwings_
I just checked the amount of female skins and male skins. As of now, there are 222,643 female skins and 704,703 male skins. So if there are to many female skins then there are WAY to many male skins.
08/01/2016 4:03 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
CoDoMoBoRoFoPoSoLoKo
So what? If someone wants to make a girl skin, let them. If it follows the rules then they have every right to post it. If they enjoy doing it, more power to them.
08/01/2016 3:43 am
yoda473
Happy 100 votes for "Too many girl skins!" on the poll, I guess.
07/29/2016 6:48 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner
RequisiteAltacc
Amount of such skins is very high... It's like all of them have a birth defect where their eyes are in place of their mouth and nose

No offense XD
07/29/2016 6:56 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
When you put noses on Minecraft skins, then they look like Minecraft: Story Mode. It never looks good.
07/31/2016 9:34 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
and mouths looks terrible most of the time as well
06/12/2016 12:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
stephenman
If you look on my profile i have girl and boy Or other skins i try to get my variety simalar
06/12/2016 10:56 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Angel Devil
if you are looking for a difference in skins then make a difference which is not complaining on a thread that isn't going to do anything like the other several posts like this
06/12/2016 12:30 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
"i don't want to fix the problem that i am creating so you fix it yourself"

pls at least acknowledge the abundance of uninspired skins
06/12/2016 12:44 pm
Angel Devil
Yeah theres some uninspired skins but most of what I see are people making what they enjoy to make and people shouldn't really trample on that because they don't like their kind of skins, just let people make their own way into making better skins instead of having others trying to make them to be better
06/12/2016 1:15 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
You act like you know what they enjoy? They could be making duplicate/noncreative skins for views and popularity, not because they enjoy it (and I bet a vast amount of them are, in fact).

And by the way, regarding your first post you said "make a difference not comment on this thread" or something. Commenting on this thread is making a difference, it's brought attention to the problem.

When, may I ask, has ANYTHING been fixed or changed without people commenting on it or supporting it? it's simply not possible. There's no way to solve a problem without first notifying people of the problem
06/12/2016 9:11 pm
yoda473
Commenting on this thread is not making even the slightest of difference. Believe me, there have been threads like these popping up everywhere since I joined PMC two years ago, and most likely before. The majority of them just turn into flame wars and get locked. The only thing that comes of it is further tension between skinners.
Although, your point is still valid. This thread exists for people to voice their opinion, not to do anything about it. Genos can't tell you to "not comment on this thread" just because you hold a particular view. It's like how most people believe, for example, ebola is a bad thing, but don't attempt to find the cure or make donations to those who are. They're still allowed to dislike ebola.
06/12/2016 1:36 pm
Angel Devil
"You act like you know what they enjoy" then you go on to say "i bet a vast amount of them are, in fact" i found that a bit funny

Talking about a generic topic thats been used a lot isn't going to always make a difference unless its something new in the topic but thats just my opinion and we all have one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
06/12/2016 10:54 am
Level 1 : New Network
yellowwinner
Many people and myself have the same opinion on this I believe (Read through the whole thing....) We are all sick of the same thing when it comes to girls skins. I am actully going to support this though. All of the sking bellow are from different people on the first page of most popular.
Click to reveal
There is more examples just on the first page...
But as you can see a overwhelming amount of almost identical skins, even ones of different categories like hoodie or not. Actually looking at the amount of skins 214,112 was female and 696,399 were male. However, on the first few pages of male there was almost no skins that were even close to identical. Heck, even the Link (As example) skins were vastly different. On the other hand, while searching Pikachu we found the same issue I was talking about...
06/12/2016 9:47 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
Queerxoxplus boys don't exactly have the "coolest chlothes"

ok i take great offense to this
Click to reveal

I could go on for hours as to why this is a dumb excuse as to why people don't make boy skins but that isn't really even the point, people are annoyed at the fact that all girl skins look the same, not that they are girls.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome