PC or PS?

ThisIsBurrFTW's Avatar ThisIsBurrFTW5/3/15 3:21 pm
5/4/2015 11:21 pm
PuddinPup's Avatar PuddinPup
Oooookay, so in July it's my birthday.
Not really important within it's self, but alas, I am faced with a decision.

A laptop (http://www.hsn.com/products/hp-156-touc ... nt=7722827)
or, and the one I'm leaning more towards,
A ps4 (probably one of these; http://www.hsn.com/shop/ps4/ec0486?view ... roll=false)

Either or will be used for gaming, the laptop, obviously much lighter gaming, but the Ps4 is a gaming console, so.... yeah.

Please just leave opinions down below.
ThisIsBurrFTW
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/04/2015 11:21 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
PuddinPup
PC is master race
05/03/2015 9:41 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Depends on what i want to do/
Couch co-op or Last of Us: My PS4.
Everything else: My PC.
05/03/2015 9:36 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Waffleman112
Go for PS4, it's a great console I love mine.
05/03/2015 7:52 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
Hey; stop starting some fires over here on this thread, keep it clean. OP wants to know if he/she wants to get a PC or a PS4. Keep it to that.

Personally, I'd take a PS4 over an HP any day. I've always been a fan of Playstation and Nintendo, and take my word for it; HP is an unreliable PC brand.
05/03/2015 7:38 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
starzach9
Namechange*cough cough* xbox one? *cough cough*

Let the console wars begin as the ps4 noobs tell us about their "superior" console.

JK pc master race beats console peasants

Not pcmasterrace in this case, my friend. The PS4 is way stronger, so is the xbox one.
05/03/2015 7:12 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Farmer
starzach9
Namechange*cough cough* xbox one? *cough cough*

Let the console wars begin as the ps4 noobs tell us about their "superior" console.

JK pc master race beats console peasants
05/03/2015 7:06 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
*cough cough* xbox one? *cough cough*

If only those two options get a PS4
05/03/2015 5:41 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Artist
Creatable
In this decision i would choose the ps4 over the hp (Because i hate hp).
But take all the variables into consideration
What do your friends play on?

Do you want to deal with some of the hassles of a pc? virus, more glitches( In some cases) ,etc.

Do you want to deal with some of the hassles of a ps4? pricier games, less games. etc.

Do you value having the extra options of a pc, or is this specifically for gaming?

There's many more things you could consider, but neither are a bad choice, just look at all your variables and choose what could benefit (YOU) the most.
05/03/2015 5:15 pm
starzach9
Get the laptop for 650, sell it, buy a ps4 for 400, have an extra 250 dollars to use.
05/03/2015 5:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Agentchasew
In that case she could just buy the ps4 and still have 250 if I use your logic correctly? No need to resale the laptop or even get it?
05/03/2015 5:31 pm
starzach9
I am assuming that since she is 14 (it says on her profile page) her parents or whoever will be purchasing. I understand that it is possible for her to buy it herself (I bought my ps4 with my own money) but I'm assuming that she is not. If I am incorrect my apologies.
05/03/2015 5:10 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
If you want a small investment now that turns into a larger investment later, get the PS4.

If you want a decent investment that doesn't get you very far in terms of gaming, get the laptop.

If you want a decent investment now that outpaces the PS4 in cumulative cost, build a PC.
05/03/2015 5:07 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
If you plan to do mainly gaming I would go for the PS4, unless you are willing to go the desktop route.
05/03/2015 3:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Giraffe
discOtter
Or you could spend the same amount of money you would on the laptop on a desktop and decimate both options. I left room in the budget for anything you might want to add.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sNVYBm
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sNVYBm/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($125.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($85.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.47 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($26.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $619.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-03 15:41 EDT-0400
05/03/2015 3:41 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Thinking like Mr Spock, the laptop is the better choice. You can write stories, draw, and can you get free texture packs or skins for PS Minecraft? No, so get the laptop.
05/03/2015 3:40 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
*PC Master race comments inbound*
But seriously, PC FTW. You can get a better laptop for the same/cheaper price, or get a way more powerful desktop.
05/03/2015 3:42 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
The PC does by far beat any console in prices for games and potential for better gameplay, however I would absolutely recommend getting a PS4 instead of a PC if you have more friends on PS4 and value playing with friends more than having a better game quality or price.

Also, do you specifically need the portability that a laptop provides or can you spend money buying a desktop? You would get much more bang for your buck getting a desktop rather than a laptop, but if you need the laptop for school, travel, or have nowhere to put a desktop I can understand.
05/03/2015 7:54 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
ThisIsBurrFTW
Not specifically the portablilityof the laptop, but just the computer within itself. My family as a whole has a desktop, that's what I use for everything currently, the only reasons I don't use this computer for gaming like minecraft and such is,
1. Very very low FPS. I used to game on this computer and got 30fps minimal everything
2. This computer is as old as I am. It's a windows XP, so it lost Java support a while ago, so that's primarily why I'm faced with the decision
05/03/2015 8:49 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
If you don't need portability then that is just another reason of building a desktop being a better benefit to you. However, I understand that building a desktop is not for everyone. If you really don't want to build a desktop, go with a console. (Doesn't matter if you want Xbone or PS4. Other than the benefit of console-exclusives, there's basically no difference between the two. If you want Halo/Forza, go xbone, if you want infamous, go PS4. (Not trying to sound sexist) But considering you're a girl, I assume you have no interest in any of those games anyway.

Don't get the laptop. I didn't look at the specs, but I saw someone post $650 back on the first page, and I assume that's the price of the laptop. A $650 laptop will most likely perform worse than your family desktop.

However, a $650 home-built desktop will crush the performance of any PS4/Xbone/Laptop. If you're willing to consider building a desktop, the members of the PMC PC Group will be glad to help you.
Building a PC is extremely simple. There is no way to mess up (unless you buy the wrong parts. But we'll help you get a part list). It will only take like 30 minutes to put together, and around another 30 minutes to 1 hour to install Windows and Drivers.
(It might take a little longer for you considering it'd be your first build. My first build last year when I was 15 y/o took me about 90 minutes to put together.)

I would highly suggest you consider building a PC. But if you don't want to, I understand-- it's not for everyone. If your options are strictly between the ps4 and the laptop, go with the ps4.
05/03/2015 8:52 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
To add on to this, if you can't build it for some reason, pay NCIX $60 and they will build it for you.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome