"Pimmie Proton" 2D Retro game <<Jobs open>>

xC17's Avatar xC1710/3/15 6:03 am
1 emeralds 4.5k 102
5/11/2016 5:55 pm
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
Hello there! I am Custom and I am a director of my small game development team (of 5 people) called V² (VSquared).

Our first game that will be developed is the game called ​Pimmie Proton. Small description of ​​​​Pimmie Proton: Play as Pimmie Proton; a space pirate and a scientist, who has figured out how (in the midst of all of Earth's resources depleting) to revolutionize Syrup to make that the center of a new generation of Weaponizing. But the heart of this discovery has been stolen by "The Bad One" who has taken "The Syrup Stone". He has started distributing​ custom-made syrup weapons to leaders and rulers as different planets in space. It is up to you, Pimmie to bring back the Syrup Stone and save his home planet, Earth. This is the idea behind ​​​​Pimmie Proton. The game will be of ​​​​Pixelart/retro graphics and at a '2D' camera angle. If you have any questions about the brief, please either PM me or leave a comment with your question.

More information will be given if needed, just ask here or add me on skype: xcustomcraftedx or on twitter. If you would like to help, please fill out this little application here:

Game development info here:
Click to reveal
If you are reading this because you're interested you're probably wondering what you will gain from this; First of all, you can gain experience with development and teamwork and contribution. If everyone is able to work together and is dedicated enough, we will (surely) be able to [self] publish our games and get some fame!

My vision is to start up an indie game development team as close to the quality of modern-day companies, but keeping it real and all indie. I am looking for a professional environment such as project management, meeting deadlines, managing roles, whilst never forgetting to make new friendships and have a great time and fun with passionate people with the same dreams.

Basically, there will be no payment till the game(s) is sold. If you are dedicated and willing to help still, then we all can make some pretty interesting games while earning some. The games we'll be doing mixes between 2D and 3D games.

Open and fill out this application if you want to join us.
Click to reveal
----------------------------------------=<+>=----------------------------------------

ROLES: Unity5x coder, Story scripter, Artist, Level designer, Musician

(If you're a coder you NEED to know how to use UNITY and with it. C# / JavaScript). Story scripter and​ level designer need to have good imagination.

Please fill everything with *
*Skype Username: (Or any contact link)
*Role:
*Age: (Any age accepted, you just need to be good at what you do)
*Experience 1-10:
*Portfolio: (link to games you've made or a story or images)
Anything else?:

----------------------------------------=<+>=----------------------------------------

FAQ:
Using Unity5 (2D + 3D) engine.
xC17
Level 29 : Expert Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/11/2016 5:55 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
This thread is dead. If the OP (or another interested party) wishes to pick this back up, PM me.

/lock
05/11/2016 11:56 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
So... Did this die?
11/29/2015 2:12 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
So what is this, action platformer? metroidvania? top down? or something else?

Also you might want to be careful with the name unless you want to be known for ripping on Jimmy Neutron.
11/30/2015 3:11 am
xC17
The game is an action platformer. And thank you for pointing out "Jimmy Neutron". A friend of mine came up with the name for us. Do you think it will be that bad if we keep the name? I mean that show came out in 2002 and our name is not based at all on it.
11/29/2015 1:53 pm
xC17
Bump
10/27/2015 9:00 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
poop_pie
Oh hey if you sent a request on skype to me I'm sorry I might have blocked you by accdent
10/26/2015 5:05 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
MCNivaCraft
Just wondering, why was my application ignored?
10/27/2015 3:12 am
xC17
Oops, it wasn't... I just missed the application, sorry. I'll send a skype request
10/26/2015 4:58 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
epicgamerz
dont have skype cant use it
im 11
im a new but i still can help make a story or a map/world
how will we make the game togever?
am i old enuff?
i will use a dichanory if i do story
i am good at making commands for minecraftcheak out my account for my command
im not good at making textures though
10/27/2015 3:11 am
xC17
Sorry but this is not related to minecraft.
10/26/2015 4:38 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
poop_pie
*Skype Username:Poop_pie
*Role:Level design I could also try to do art
*Experience 1-10:4-5 on level design, 2-3 on art (not that good at art)
*Portfolio:
Anything else?:I am not allowed to call people on skype if that is a problem I'm very sorry. One question how will the level designers design levels? Also sorry that I don't have a portfolio
10/25/2015 5:57 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
SyntaxError73
Skype Username: josie.easterday22986
*Role: Musician
*Experience 1-10: with music I am about an 7-8/10
*Portfolio: I have some examples on my soundCloud. They sound like movie tracks.
Short example here: https://soundcloud.com/josie-easterday/ ... magination
Anything else?: As much as I would love to be paid, I would have to ask my parents, and I can't get a PayPal until I turn 18. maybe in the future you can pay me.

I am a girl also.
10/26/2015 2:21 pm
xC17
Hello Syntax, I had a look at your music portofolio and I really like the music. I've sent you a request on skype!
10/25/2015 5:47 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter
KryptykJH
*Skype Username: JMcCale28
*Role: Story Script
*Experience 1-10: dont know
*Portfolio:
Anything else?: I have a lot of stories in my head that I would love to put into a game
10/26/2015 2:22 pm
xC17
Okay, thow out an idea that you got for example.
10/24/2015 12:34 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
Cosmopath
Here's the format that you have asked for. If you want a more detailed application please PM me.

*Skype Username: PM me for this information.
*Role: Story Scripter, Musician
*Age: Don't like to disclose this information but if you must know, PM me.
*Experience 1-10: 10 for writing, probably like an 8 or 9 for music.
*Portfolio: Freelance writer in my spare time and I occasionally write news articles on Planet Minecraft, usually to user acclaim to some extent. I've also been playing guitar for what I think is about 4 years, and I do have some experience with chiptunes (using Famitracker).
Anything else?: If you'd like any more information that I haven't given, please message me.
10/24/2015 12:30 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
Akeustlom
I have an idea for a game, but I don't have Skype. Maybe we can talk over PM?
10/25/2015 5:24 pm
xC17
Yeah, PM me
10/24/2015 11:57 am
SonicOlmstead
I was tired when I wrote that lol should of spell checked
10/23/2015 11:08 pm
SonicOlmstead
*Skype Username: SonicOlmstead or sonicolmstead
*Role: Story scripter
*Experience 1-10: I use to have to write stories in school so 5
*Portfolio: I have always wanted to work on a game in some way and feel this would be great
Anything else?: I love good stories in gaming
10/26/2015 2:26 pm
xC17
Your experience level is pretty low... Could you possibly (PM or) show me some of your written work please?
10/23/2015 6:30 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Jared_The_Music_Guy
*Skype Username: jman53111
*Experience 1-10: 8
*Portfolio: https://soundcloud.com/theundeadspeaker
Anything else?: I would really like this opportunity to help out on a project like this!
10/23/2015 5:11 pm
Gizza_Sol
*Skype Username: solomonbegg
*Experience 1-10: 7.9
*Portfolio: Am new to the Musician
Anything else?: I am young but great at creating scores (:
10/26/2015 2:23 pm
xC17
Can I see some of your music scores?
10/22/2015 2:06 pm
Level 1 : New Network
VyxBit
*Skype Username: PM me I do not wish to share this publicly.
*Experience 1-10: 10
*Portfolio: This can also be discussed over PM.
Anything else?: I'm only looking to do this seriously. PM me so we can discuss this because while I am interested, I'm serious about doing some music for this project.
10/23/2015 4:56 pm
xC17
Pm-ed
10/22/2015 11:21 am
xC17
Bumo
10/20/2015 1:08 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
MCNivaCraft
*Skype Username: elliototoole186
*Experience 1-10: 8
*Portfolio: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKlownMC
Anything else?: I have been creating music using FL studio for a while now, it would be good to earn some money off it. I also have been wanting to experiment in different styles, and I feel this project will give me the opportunity to do so.

I am not 100% sure if I can commit to this, however I do want to discuss it with you on skype, and ill make a decision when I have more info. I look forward to hearing from you.
10/20/2015 11:22 am
xC17
Apply now!
10/19/2015 4:10 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Mage
AtomStation
*Skype Username: xx_atomstation_xx
*Role: Story Scriptor
*Experience 1-10: 7
*Portfolio: I love writing stories coming up with random little ideas for tiny stories that can be used as games. However, I am not deciding on releasing them anytime soon...
Anything else?: I do in fact have some experience in Java, but unfortunately, I have never used UNITY or UNREAL (I actually don't know what they are so.....). I'd be glad to help out!
10/19/2015 2:20 pm
xC17
AtomStation, I've sent you a request on skype, Thanks for applying.
10/18/2015 5:20 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
NepetaL3ijon
Well, I can write a script, I guess. Maybe we can work on a minecraft server in order to see how the script will go, with us being the characters and using that for a script. However, I have Skype but don't have a mic or webcam.

Role: story scripter
Experience: don't know how much experience a lot of pesterchum roleplay rates
Portfolio: just a lot of pesterlogs from pesterchum. I'm just looking for a part time-ish job for fun
Anything else: my personality is sorta split, so I use that to my advantage. Sorry for not being useful!
10/19/2015 2:19 pm
xC17
This isn't a minecraft role-play, this is an actual game we want to make. Still want to apply?
10/18/2015 3:53 am
xC17
Still looking for people who want to make a game!
10/17/2015 2:15 pm
xC17
Come on, where are all those people who want to get experience by making a game?!
10/15/2015 12:55 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I think the trick to get some of the best, is to offer them a bit of money for what they do, and if you decide to release the game on Steam Greenlight and sell it. Give them a promise that they all get like a 15% cut of the profit.

And maybe one last thing: Ask at more places then just PMC. Minecraft forum, or other development forums
10/16/2015 2:39 am
xC17
Feedback understood
10/15/2015 12:30 pm
xC17
All are welcome to apply!
10/13/2015 1:26 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Droid
Scott
ITS TIME TO bump!
10/13/2015 6:57 am
xC17
Bump
10/12/2015 11:25 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
Candy
Bump
10/12/2015 6:39 am
xC17
Bump
10/10/2015 5:17 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Good luck with this.
10/11/2015 3:31 am
xC17
Hehe thanks, got 17 people in our team.
10/10/2015 4:19 pm
xC17
Bump
10/07/2015 11:52 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Vextek
Skype Username :
Click to reveal
thebossmatisse

Role : Artist
Experience 1-10 : 9
Portfolio : vextek.carbonmade.com
Anything else : I have a strong knowledge of Photoshop and I will be fully able to create great graphics.
10/07/2015 1:01 pm
xC17
Nice. Request sent on skype.
10/06/2015 2:59 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Seduskie
*Skype Username: jakeisawesome21951
*Role: Story Scripter
*Experience 1-10: 8 (At least I think that's my experience level
*Portfolio:
Click to reveal
It was my first day of Grade 5 at his new school, P.S.16, in Miami, Florida. Ever since my parents went missing on a diving expedition, I never got used to living with my aunt Lisa, who seemed to always yell and complain.

As I walked towards the doors of my new school, I was hoping that things would change. For some reason I seem to be a magnet for bullies. Whether it's my aunt, teachers, or other kids at school. I'm always taken advantage of and pushed around. I try to stand up for myself, but it never seems to work. Maybe it's just the way I am. For once, I would like to tell everyone what to do.

My first class is Ancient History. My worst subject! Really? Who cares about what happened 3000 years ago? What does that have to do with today? I've decided I'll stay cool. Try and fit in.

I sat calmly in my chair as the teacher, Mr. Apollo, walked around the class and asked us questions about the Lost City of Atlantis and Pompeii. I nervously watched as he made his way down my aisle of desks. The sweat began to drip down my forehead. I really didn't want to start the year off looking dumb by not knowing the answer. Mr. Apollo walked by my desk as he talked to the class.

Phew! He passed by me.

On no! He stopped. I looked over my shoulder and saw his feet turning back to me.

"You, young man," he said, pointing at me. "What do you know about Atlantis?"

The blood was rushing to my head as my face began to look like a tomato. "I..I..I..." I stammered.

"I..I..I... Is not an answer, young man!" Mr. Apollo said with a stern look on his face and arms folded. All the kids were staring at me by now.

Mr. Apollo explained a little bit about Atlantis and a place called "Pompeii" that I did not understand at all.

The whole day went the same as it did in History class.. I kept getting chosen and didn't know what to say in any of my classes. It seems like the same thing over and over again.

The bell rang. Time to go home! I didn't know which one is better, this school or my crazy aunt. Right when I was about to make my decision, something caught my eye. It was a Swim Tryouts Poster. I'm a very good Swimmer. I've taken lessons and everything! This is a no-brainer. I'm going to try out for the team and I'm going to make it!

I'm not looking forward to going home. Even the walk will probably be terrible. As I'm halfway home, some students from my class start laughing at me and making fun of me.

"Hey new guy! Nice answers!" One of them yelled at me. I just ignored them and made my way home. I figured I'd get a bit more put-downs from my aunt Lisa when I get home.

As I walked into my aunt's house she was in a bathrobe, yelling at me.

"Where were you?" She barked. "Can't you be more responsible?"

I just ignored her. I took off my shoes and jacket, and rushed over to the fridge. I grabbed a slice of cheese and a few pistachios, and quietly walked up to my room so my aunt couldn't hear me.

I decided to do a little bit of research on Atlantis, so I don't look bad tomorrow. I found out a little bit about how it went down underwater, what the citizens were like, and how they lived in general. It wasn't much, but it should do for tomorrow.

After some researching, I put on my bathing suit and got my stuff ready for the swim tryouts.

I was sure that aunt Lisa would never let me go to the tryouts, so I tiptoed out of the house.

I was actually very excited. I haven't gone swimming in ages, even though I still remember how to swim. I was sure to make the team.

The streets were absolutely empty. That was good, because it means no students from my class to laugh at me.

The tryouts were in an hour. A bit of time. I decided not to change just yet, because my bathing suit is a bit uncomfortable when I wear it out of the water.

As I walked toward the change rooms, I thought to myself, my stomach started turning, and I had second thoughts about going to the pool. No! I'm gonna make it! I'm an excellent swimmer and I know it!

I walked through the change room doors, and started getting changed. There was no one in the change room, because I was a bit early. I figured I'd practise before the tryouts begin.

As I walk into the room, I see that Mr. Apollo is in charge of the swim team. Oh great. He's probably going to quiz me on the history of swimming. He isn't talking to me, or watching me, which is a good start.

I hop into the pool and get ready to practise, although something seems rather odd. I don't feel like I usually do when I swim. It's funny, I've swam so many times in the past, but now it seems like a new experience. I decided to swim underwater from the shallow end to the deep end, which has to be over 100 feet long. I'll probably come up for at least 2 breaths, but I think I can do it.

I start off at the shallow end and I go underwater. As I swim under the water, I notice I'm about halfway across the pool, and I still don't need to take a breath! I keep going further on, when suddenly, I couldn't hold my breath and longer, and had to open my mouth.

Unbelieveable!

I can breath underwater! Weird... I didn't know that was possible. I feel my neck, and for some reason, my neck doesn't feel normal either. I felt something on my neck. Did I cut myself? No! I have gills! What in the heck is happening to me? As I move my hands away from my neck, I feel the skin in between my fingers and toes. My hands grew webbing in between my fingers!

Click to reveal
I quickly make my way to the end of the pool, and ran out as soon as I can. I don't even think about drying off, I just take my towel, and run. But wait, I look into a mirror in the change room and notice that I look normal. The gills are gone, and my fingers don't have the webbing anymore. I still decide it would be better to run in case anyone saw me while I was in the pool.

I run out of the school and head to the beach, that is right near my house. I drop my towel on the sand and run into the water. I stay in the water for about a minute, and I emerge slowly to see if there are any changes.

The webbing and gills are back.

I need a hospital. This isn't normal.

I thought I saw some movement in the water. Maybe a fish or turtle.

No, it's not a fish. It's bigger than a fish. Much bigger.

I run out of the water as fast as I can, but something grabbed onto my leg.

This wasn't a bite. It wasn't a fish swimming around my leg either. A human hand. But the hand felt webbed too. And it was large and strong. I could've never freed myself. It pulled me in, whatever it was.

Anything else?: Nope
10/06/2015 3:45 pm
xC17
Nice script, I've sent you a request on skype.
10/06/2015 8:28 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
I didn't even know Unity could Java, everything I've seen has been in C#
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome