Unable to connect to specific server

dordsor21's Avatar dordsor2111/27/14 2:48 pm
1 emeralds 703 4
11/28/2014 2:19 am
dordsor21's Avatar dordsor21
Hi planetminecraftians, yesterday I found I was unable to connect to a server. I tried connecting to other servers, and was able to. Every time I try to join it simply times out, the same going for the server's dynmap. However I am randomly able to connect every 10 minutes or so, to only time out about 30 seconds later, with the same happening on dynmap as well. I've checked my router's firewall, and no ports/IPs are being blocked there, and I don't think my windows firewall has anything to do with it (I disabled it but was still unable to connect).

If anyone has any knowledge, or has a suggestion as to how I could connect that'd be great.

thanks

~dord

**edit I did download hamachi a few days ago, but subsequently de-installed it once the problem arose, if that's of any help.
dordsor21
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2014 2:19 am
Level 35 : Artisan Engineer
dordsor21
I simply time out, and the host says it the console give the normal join/leave once I time out or cancel
11/27/2014 8:29 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Dragonborn
Ma5ter0fBlade
dordsor21Hi planetminecraftians, yesterday I found I was unable to connect to a server. I tried connecting to other servers, and was able to. Every time I try to join it simply times out, the same going for the server's dynmap. However I am randomly able to connect every 10 minutes or so, to only time out about 30 seconds later, with the same happening on dynmap as well. I've checked my router's firewall, and no ports/IPs are being blocked there, and I don't think my windows firewall has anything to do with it (I disabled it but was still unable to connect).

If anyone has any knowledge, or has a suggestion as to how I could connect that'd be great.

thanks

~dord

**edit I did download hamachi a few days ago, but subsequently de-installed it once the problem arose, if that's of any help.

what does it say when your tryna join? Unknown host? cannot connect? unknown IP?
11/27/2014 7:49 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Is the server hosted by McPro? If it is, then you may need the raw IP to connect to the server. This happened to me and using the raw IP fixed the problem. Hope this helps.
11/27/2014 7:46 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
coolfunfunfun
Dord, the problem is not on your side if you are able to connect to other servers. Even knowing that you are randomly able to connect, I still believe that it isn't your problem. Contact the server owner.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome