Unreasonable teachers

Diamondcrafter_3's Avatar Diamondcrafter_310/25/14 10:35 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 39
11/14/2014 8:15 pm
PixelGraphics's Avatar PixelGraphics
Well, the title is pretty self explanatory. I have a math teacher that is just a jerk. She doesn't give me the credit I deserve, and I swear that she hates me...
Diamondcrafter_3
Level 21 : Expert Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/14/2014 8:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PixelGraphics
I recomand you ask your parent's so get you switched out of her class
that's what i did on my 8th grade year of middle school :}
11/14/2014 8:03 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
It's not all on the student to take the class and turn themselves into a proud, beaming, intellectual individual. The teacher, although paid, should be able to make the class interesting and treat every student the same in each regard. Having favorites or hating particular students isn't how a classroom should be run. If you legitimately think a teacher has a bias towards you regardless of your behavior or grades, then it would be smart to talk to a principal or administrator.

Before you do so, look at what the teacher is doing to the other kids, and maybe get a little additional support from some other students. A few kids going in together and saying the teacher is mean to them is going to make much more difference than a single student complaining about how his/her teacher is a jerk.
11/14/2014 7:09 am
Level 26 : Expert Artist
sippiboy
I see a lot of yall saying its my responsibility to catch up with the work, and i totally agree, its just the fact the teacher didn't give me and knowledge about what was going on and all my other teachers did, also i am not in high school and i do have the makeup work but she never even tried to explain what was going on idk it was weird lol
11/14/2014 12:35 am
Level 46 : Master Gent
Firework4lj
Teachers aren't unreasonable. Students are. They are payed to do a job. You are required to go to school and they do there job and teach you. If they truly aren't doing there job right, contact your school principal or district superintendent. Half the time I think when most people complain about strict teachers, they don't realize as you go up in grade level, your maturity level, and expected behavior, will go up. I have a teacher who you have to call Mr. (name) if you just say (name) he will correct you and not be very happy with you for not saying Mr. Some teachers will teach like its a college class. And if your a good student that doesn't mess around, then you don't have anything to worry about.
There not being unreasonable, there getting you prepared for the real world, where your boss isn't going to care about your excuse for being late to work.
11/13/2014 11:20 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
In my school we have these cards called, `BEC Cards' and if you do something bad and a teacher catches you, you get it signed. Well in 5th grade (I'm in 8th grade now,) we were doing a math test and I got frustrated and snapped my pencil, and the teacher yelled at me. She said I destroyed school property although I brought the pencil brand new from home.
11/13/2014 11:13 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
sippiboy
I was out for 33 days and when i came into class my teacher said " hi " and then i sat down, and she started making us do work. like seriously i haven't been here for 33 days and your not going to tell me what you plan on me doing or even explain what we are doing, ridiculous
11/14/2014 12:26 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Talk to her before or after class, she shouldn't have to go over that during classtime because it takes away from other students learning.

If you plan do go to college also you have to learn to confront teacher outside of class because they are not going to talk to you at all unless you come to them.
11/13/2014 11:19 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Imo, it's your responsibility to get caught up with the class. It isn't the teacher's job to drop what they're doing with the class for the session to get you caught up. You should be going in before or after class to get caught up on what you missed. I'm sure your teacher would have been happy to do that if you'd asked.
11/14/2014 12:15 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
At my high school you have to go before school, lunch, passing period, or after school to get your work that you missed, its your responsibility to get the work you need, they are going to continue what they have planned, even if you have been gone for a month. If your gone for 33 days, you will get about 33 days to work on those missing assignments. If you are behind a lot, they will give you saturday school, which is enough to get kids not to miss school, or you will go to before/after school tutoring.
11/13/2014 11:22 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Sure, it's their responsiblity, but this isn't like one week; this is over an entire month. You'd expect a bit of interrogating and a bit of advice (e.g. the teacher just tells you "Catch up with your classmates on what happened, we're currently studying this unit"). Even a little tidbit or so would go a long way. Ignoring and letting the student go by themselves is okay for short times, but 33 days is wayyy too long to pull off antics like that.
11/14/2014 12:28 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
If you miss work, it's your responsibility to follow up on it during your own time, not during class time.
11/13/2014 11:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Mikeroboblox
My school has homework websites per teacher so you can get all the work you missed online. Now if you, sippiboy, had that, you could have gone on every day.
Yay my school is kind of smart.
11/13/2014 11:33 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I'm sure they gave some kind of direction as to what was planned for the day as the rest of the class has to get going for the day too. I don't see what "antics" were pulled since this teacher was doing their job. Like I said, I bet they would be happy to go in depth with what's going on, what work was missed, and how to get caught up either before or after school or at lunch. I don't think the length of time matters. The teacher shouldn't have to drop their teaching plan for the rest of the class to get you caught up when there are multiple ways to avoid missing that much work.
11/13/2014 11:12 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
I feel like you guys aren't telling the whole truth.
11/13/2014 11:18 pm
Mikeroboblox
Well, I am ^_^
11/13/2014 10:51 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
At my old school (elementary now i'm 10th grade high school) I was in 5th grade and we had a common dress policy and I asked a girl why she wasn't wearing common dress and she told on me and I got in trouble for "harassing a student"
11/13/2014 10:29 pm
Mikeroboblox
I've had a slight bullying problem at school. I have two shirts with an oyster on it so this one kid ( Who I can not describe to you just how much of a jerk he looks ) calls me Oyster Boy. Anyway, he's in front of me walking, spins around and uppercuts me in the head. Next I trip on my laces or something, and his kicks me in the jaw. Someone pull hims off me, and my new friend ( Who quickly rose to best friend ) grabbed his shirt and literally had to jump as high as he could to get a clean punch to the kids head. My friend is super short, so it was hilarious to watch as I'm on the ground in pain.
Anyway, we report this, I find a kid from my Grade K class who changed schools during the summer, and we were best friends, and are again. Turns out he's been vandalized, hit, had his sister hit, and had too many incidents with this kid to list. So anyway, we're in the office again reporting another incident, me, Kyle ( Short guy ) and Ben. We get the kid in, and he admits it all, then makes it seems like MY fault, and the vice principal ( Also my scimatics teacher ) believes that I was provoking him. Ever since that fight, she's needed at least one more student to confirm, and seems to fight for any reason that the bully is nice and innocent. That happened at the start of the school year, ( Around the end of September ) and is still going on even today. The bully has only been punished by one lunch of garbage pick up, and we were told to forgive any of our past incidents and pretend he's a straight A+, angel of a student like he was the year before.
Unfair much?
11/13/2014 10:24 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Vampire
Innominate
Look, my parent is a teacher. And let me tell you, if a teacher is "unreasonable", it's because they aren't very open-minded and have stereotyped you in their head. Sometimes teachers can be unreasonable, but so can everyone, including students. They are humans, too, and humans aren't perfect. I personally have been stereotyped by teachers plenty, but I at least made good grades to hold up for that. I'm also kind of the funny guy, but at the same time the scary one... Heh... I will steal your soul... *ahem* Anyway, just make sure you're being fair in judging them.
11/13/2014 10:11 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
I hear complaints about teachers from students at my school all the time, and I haven't had one problem with any of them yet this year. If the students were just doing what they were supposed to be doing, they wouldn't have gotten in trouble. But that's just at my school, it may be different for others.
10/26/2014 12:36 am
Level 47 : Master Narwhal
Timoxhy
My freshman year of high I had this science teacher who thought she was the smartest person on earth and was full of herself. So one day I'm talking to a few kids and class and we are talking about Narwhals (don't judge lol) and we got in a argument about them, so I ask my teacher what she thought about it and she said "Narwhals aren't real Tim" I replied " Yes they are they live in the Arctic ocean", she kept saying "They are fake". Everyone in my class kept backing me up and telling her they were real and she got annoyed and gave me a referral (Detention). When I went to detention they asked my why I was there and I told them I got in trouble for saying Narwhals are real. Now it's about half of the school year is left, and this teacher is a ********* so I don't drop this. Also did I mention that she hated me because I would correct her when she is wrong and get referrals, a lot. So after a few days later (she wouldn't let me come to class for a couple days), While going to her class during passing period I went on my phone and looked up the page for Narwhals on National Geographic, once I got to her class I showed here the page and she yelled at me and said "GET OFF YOUR PHONE TIM!", let me say that class hasn't even started yet. So I get another referral. I went to detention and they looked at me and say "Narwhal teacher?" and I said "Yep", and didn't get in trouble. At this point I make it my personal job to make her life hell. Every moment I had to bring up narwhals I did, Test, quiz's, homework, classwork, I would print pictures of narwhals and tape them to them. Other students would help too, I tried multiple times to show her nicely, but noooo she had to be the knower of all. So I got a lot of referrals from her and it was well worth it, didn't get in trouble by the school at all . I still tell kids in her class to make her life like hell and mention Narwhals as much as possible. Sorry I wrote so much just thought I'd mention this. And till this day Narwhals are my favorite animals.
10/26/2014 12:13 am
Level 40 : Master Dolphin
dolphinsarecool3
Why is it always maths teachers? You should get your parent to write a letter to the principal. Something like this happened to my friend, our teacher accidentally marked some questions on a test my friend got as wrong when they were correct, and due to this she didn't have enough points to get into the extension class. The next day we were checking our tests and my friend found these mistakes and asked the teacher. She now had enough to get into the extension class but the maths extension teacher didn't let her, even though she always had enough points to get in. Her mum wrote a letter to the principal and they let her in. Also the other day our maths teacher was telling people when they could leave and she said this one girl could leave then when she tried to leave the teacher yelled at her "I DIDNT SAY YOU COULD LEAVE YET, (her name)!!!!". I think this just proves that all maths teachers are mental or out to ruin our lives in one way or another. I guess its understandable after doing algebra all those years.
10/26/2014 12:09 am
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
I feel a lot more extroverted than the majority of PMC. I'm not a great student, but I make good grades.
Once (actually, it was this Wednesday) I decided I was going to go play hockey with anyone and everyone I saw in the hallway with a broom and duct tape. It went well mostly. The principal thought it was hilarious that I left class and started playing hockey, so he didn't do anything about it.
I got this "larger built" (and it wasn't all muscle, if you know what I'm saying) guy to play and he hit my broom (a plastic one) and broke it.
I picked up the duct tape / our puck and started taping the broom back together. The principal got on to the other guy for breaking the broom and playing hockey so close to a trophy case, but not me. I thought it was unreasonable but of course I wasn't going to say anything about me not getting in trouble.
10/26/2014 12:06 am
Level 34 : Artisan Unicorn
TheOcelotSpawner
Maybe your teacher is just mad ever read the book about a teacher called in sick them someone came in for her and was being strict but it was actually just her in disguise to get respect and the next day she came back and her students obeyed her. It's possible your teacher has had it rough in the past and just wants a little respect.
10/25/2014 11:56 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
asdfjkajksjgf
Once I got in trouble for being right. Like, there was this boy next to me, and we were doing something with dice, and we were given two dice, and we started to argue because he said it was one for two, and I was saying it's two for everyone, and then I got in trouble for it, and he had to go to scripture, and then the teacher was like 'Wait, you were right.' and then I got away scot free and he got pissed off at the other guy.

I really had to think hard for that one because my teacher is cool.

Well, last year, when I didn't have him, his class pissed him off a lot, and like I could always hear him shouting. I was in his math group. And I was in the class next to him. :u
10/25/2014 11:29 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
My history teacher plays mind tricks on tests that involve true/false questions...
Like she hints that "abcdefghijkl" is the correct answer, but actually in the fine print, the sentence is "abcdefghjikl", which makes it false.
Just the pressure of reading every single letter of the questions turns my brain into pudding and I end up getting the question wrong.

Seriously, can anyone really tell the difference between "abcdefghijkl" and "abcdefghjikl" without reading every single letter, to the point of the wording of one point being right, but another part being wrong, so "abcdefhigjlk" will seem right. Basically, the true/false part is just a game of guessing and being lucky.

Literally I am the only student in the class who sees how mind-pudding-y her tests are. It's also not as simple as guessing and hoping for the best. To guess on every question on a true/false test containing 20 questions and getting everything correct is a 1/1048576 chance.

A funny story
Actually, I'm the opposite of everyone at my school. Everyone does amazing in history/english/religion class (yes I go to a private religious high school). Everyone does terrible in math/science/world-language classes. I, on the other hand, suck at history, english, and religion. But I happen to be very good in Geometry, Chemistry, and Spanish. (Homework is a completely different story. There's a point of which your grade is so bad that doing homework is just fruitless effort. There's also a point of which your grade is so good that not-doing homework has no real effect on you. I'm at either of those points in all of my classes )
10/25/2014 11:05 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Duh teachers are unreasonable. Who would spend all that time at college to go spend more time at a school?
10/25/2014 10:59 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
RoseOfShi
Once I got in trouble for talking to my a student beside me and after I was told to stop, I stopped but the teacher kept writing me down and saying."Caleb (my name) that's another one, that's another one, that's another one!" etc. I saw she was writing my name down and tallying how many times she said that and if you're writing down once you get detention... but the next day my friend got detention and I got off scot free.
10/25/2014 10:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Narwhal
xenolovegood
Once I got in trouble for smiling.
10/25/2014 10:56 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
nemurihime72
My whole level almost got in trouble for smiling during assembly period when my vice-principal was about to talk. My vice-principal is a serious, strict, stricter than the discipline master, and doesn't tolerate anything.
10/25/2014 10:53 pm
Diamondcrafter_3
o-O Why?
11/13/2014 10:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Narwhal
xenolovegood
Because I had just gotten in trouble for raising my hand too much, and when she was talking to me I was smiling. This was sixth grade, so I might have been being a little unreasonable.
10/25/2014 10:40 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
Or you're being dumb in her class and she doesn't like it.
That's how most kids are.

"That teacher sucks!" = ""I'm a jerk in that class and the teacher gets made at me!"
10/25/2014 11:01 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
RoseOfShi
We have tons of students like that but they seem to never get yelled at by the teacher.
10/25/2014 10:46 pm
Diamondcrafter_3
Ya no. EVERYONE who has her at my school hates her. I am definitely not the only one who does not like her. I also work as hard as anyone in that class, and she accuses me of being irresponsible. And for those of you who are saying "go to the principle", thanks for the ideas, but I don't think that it is that big of a deal. I had a teacher like this in elementary school and I finished his class with an A.
10/25/2014 10:50 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
I had an english teacher who was hated by everyone, and she hated everyone too, she told us that on the first day and a lot more as the year went by, but, she was like every other teacher, you earned your grade. Look up your grades, check your graded assignments, if they seem like it wasnt graded like they were supposed to talk to them about it, ask why you have a terrible grade in that class. I dont think a teacher would waste 4 years of college just to give students bad grades. But most likely, you earned your grade, you may not think you deserve it, but you earned it, work harder, then you will get a better grade.
11/13/2014 10:15 pm
Level 28 : Expert Network
Swag Lord
That was the same for my 1st grade teacher!
10/25/2014 10:45 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
500poundsofnothing
Exactly there is the kid in my class that does nothing but talk, make jokes about chicken "fagitas" and "brochities" and complain. And when he gets 15% on a test he complain about how stupid the class is.
10/25/2014 10:39 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
Teachers don't always seem reasonable, but most do want you to do well. If you feel she's targeting you or trying to hurt your grades then bring it up, otherwise just try to reason with her.
She may be an unreasonable jerk is all, most of my teachers are that way.
10/25/2014 10:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc1232741
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome