Update mod. But config?

rogamergec's Avatar rogamergec4/24/14 10:28 am
1 emeralds 226 4
4/24/2014 11:56 am
rogamergec's Avatar rogamergec
What's up,
I want to know if I update a mod from a version to another, let's say from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 an in the update 1.0.2 the author has added a block or an item, why does that block/item not appear in the config file, his ID an options ? I realy need to delete the config an let de updated mod to generate a new config file for that block/item?

Thank you and hope to understand what I'm asking.
rogamergec
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/24/2014 11:33 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
it is easier to delete the old config and let the new mod install the new updated config
04/24/2014 11:56 am
rogamergec
Yeah, it is. But when you have a modpack with around 120 mods installed, it is annoying to resolve the Id conflict and other issues over and over again.
04/24/2014 11:02 am
rogamergec
But if I don't update the config, the mod will work as intended to work in the updated version? I need to understand exactly how config files influence the mod itself.

I asked this because here a situation: Yesterday I updated the mod Rotarycraft from version v20e to version v20f and in the version v20f the author has added a few blocks, for example Composter. In the config file, the Composter block does not appear but in game, does.
04/24/2014 10:48 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Some mods don't need new config files when they update, but if something has changed in the config, like a new option being added, then you do need a new config file. In this case, since you're noticing something is missing, then yes.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome