URGENTLY NEED VIRUS HELP ASAP! :(

QuantumDirt's Avatar QuantumDirt10/12/15 11:06 pm
10/22/2015 4:05 am
legoplayer28's Avatar legoplayer28
Hey guys...

Somehow, a virus got downloaded into my main computer back in June sometime. and I mean like it's a BAD virus, like it automatically downloads ad-spamming programs to my computer which I constantly have to uninstall via control panel (some of which mysteriously can't be uninstalled no matter how many times I click the uninstall button), downloads chrome extensions which come installed by "enterprise policy" so I can't remove them, and nearly every time I try to go to a website, it sends me to another website saying to call some "toll-free" helpline number (which i've never called and never will call, cause I know it's just part of the virus).

You're probably wondering why I'm asking for help now when it happened back in June... well you see, back then it was ONLY downloading ad-spamming programs so everytime I uninstalled all of them I thought that the virus was gone for a while, but now it's gotten to the point where I can't do ANYTHING on the internet; I'm typing this on my laptop right now that's how severe it is.

Also, what's worse? I can't uninstall my old AVG 2014 edition via control panel or anything else cause every time I used to startup the computer, a box would popup asking for my product/sales number whatever you wanna call it(not part of the virus, had this happen after a power-outage which glitched it out somehow long before the virus) which I don't have unfortunately, plus it's probably expired by now too. When I pop in the new AVG 2015 disc in, it says:

Unable to extract the setup contents. If you want continue the setup or update
process, make sure you have the Administrator rights. (can not create temp folder
archive) (I tried right click & run as admin, exact same message). I am aware of the build-in admin account on every computer, but I REALLY don't want to mess with it at all because that's the last thing I need is for the virus(es) to corrupt it even slightly, then I am TOAST.

Plus please note that I have tried EVERYTHING to the best of my knowledge to get rid of all this stuff, including getting rid of all (or as many as possible) suspicious programs (some of which can't even be seen on the control panel list), downloading AVG Remover (which didn't work a slight bit) downloading SpyHunter (so far, the only extension that can't be removed is called EasyCalender, if this helps at all) which didn't work during the setup process due to error code 3, doing a full computer scan with Windows Defender, it detected some viruses and got them removed, but they or similar ones just came back a day or two later, I've tried every safe method that I know of, and still nothing.

I'm really this--><---close to taking it in and getting it all fixed up, hopefully (fingers crossed!), but I don't want to do that just yet, I need some help with this immediately, as it's the main family computer that everyone uses.

Any help whatsoever would be nice, but anyone out there reading this that knows a lot about how to get rid of viruses of all or most kinds would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
QuantumDirt
Level 2 : Apprentice Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/13/2015 8:07 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
install IObit Malware FIght
10/13/2015 8:03 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Blacksmith
QuantumDirt
Wow! Never thought I'd get this much help! Thanks guys!

Tried to download Malwarebytes, didn't work (error code 5, access is denied), however, downloaded malwarebytes chameleon, and that worked like a charm!

Only thing though, tried to reinstall my AVG 2015 disc again, still didn't work & same message popped up... but hey, at least I can type this on my main computer now! lol

But really though, thanks everyone, I truly appreciate it!
10/13/2015 6:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
xXTheLoneWolf
Once, I got a SUPER bad virus on my computer, similar to yours. Now, my dad told me to install Avast Antivirus, a free Antivirus, and it removed all traces of the virus off of my computer.
10/13/2015 5:49 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Like most people say, install Malwarebytes. Cant install. Use Malwarebytes chameleon and one by one try running those programs until the installer opens up.

Then the best way to remove any piece of malware guaranteed. Is to format your hard drive, then install Windows, or what other OS you have. (Only do this if you have to)
10/13/2015 3:04 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
killertunesJeesus! Don't uninstall/reinstall Windows.

whats so bad about removing any other broken program and feature that might even be in his windows installation. depending on the viruses it mightve infected his windows folder itself.. so it might be a good idea to not reinstall windows if you dont know what you are doing. but a good idea if you want to be sure there is no virus
10/13/2015 2:26 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
killertunes
Jeesus! Don't uninstall/reinstall Windows.

You should visit bleepingcomputer.com and download a few tools outside of everyone elses suggestion of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Get the tools Rkill, Adwcleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, RogueKiller, & TDSSKiller to start with.

Then, unplug your computer from the internet or disable your network adapters. As long as your connected to the internet any kind of removal isn't going to last or work.

Run all of those tools, one at a time. Some of them will take a long time to run, don't cancel them.

AVG is a borderline PUP nowadays. Personally I dropped AVG and went with Panda and have been pleased. ClamWin makes an antivirus you can run from a USB stick. FYI
10/13/2015 1:33 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
MineyCraftyMC
Since any attempt to install an antivirus will be blocked by your virus, you have to boot from an antivirus CD. Check out the one below!
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/52011.aspx
10/13/2015 1:09 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
I reset windows just earlier today due to Malware, worked, now I have Malwarebytes and Kaspersky installed, so I can validate their authenticity. Only downside is I lost all my games which wouldn't be a problem, except I only have 15 GB's of internet per month due to where I live...
10/13/2015 1:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
I third Malwarebytes!
Alongside AVG :p
10/13/2015 12:14 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
If you cant access windows to get a real antivirus i would highly suggest reinstalling windows. And after that is done and all your drivers are dealt with get avast or malwarebytes. dont use fake antiviruses like avg or mcafee
10/13/2015 12:20 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
AVG isn't all that bad, I wouldn't really call it 'fake' but it's far inferior to Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.

Mcafee on the other hand... I can get behind you on that one.
10/13/2015 12:11 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
What others have said, try Malwarebytes. EDIT* Malwarebytes Chameleon can be a solution to Malware blocking the installation of anti-virus software

If that doesn't work, try a Kaspersky rescue disk. It's an OS you can boot from a disk, it's entire purpose to rescue your other operating systems with an anti virus program which can scan the other OS while the viruses are 'dormant'. Viruses tend to go into hiding and start up all their defenses when you boot up your computer.

Worst case scenario you can reset your computer and reinstall whatever OS you're using (I'm assuming Windows). You could try to save your more precious belongings by sending them over to a USB first, but be careful when doing so as you might just bring the virus along with those belongings.
10/13/2015 11:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
UNDERTALE_CREW
I got a virus like that once and my dad practically had to tear through my computer with Malwarebytes and Norton (Norton isn't free) but it worked. I 'fifth' malwarebytes.
10/13/2015 5:53 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
10/13/2015 2:55 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
I second Malwarebytes.
10/13/2015 1:58 am
Level 33 : Artisan Mage
DailyTuber
Use RevoUninstaler, sound weird but trust me, it can remove EVERYTHING, even those things you "cant remove" because they are in use.
10/13/2015 12:41 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
jccreszMinecraftYou need 3 programs:
1. Malwarebytes
Yes, I know. Malwarebytes is probably the first thing you should go to...

This. You can download the necessary files to a flash drive on your laptop and then install those to your infected PC. Pretty sure you get a free trial by default but premium keys for Malwarebytes are also pretty easy to find on the internet.
10/13/2015 12:20 am
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
Factory reset your pc.
10/13/2015 12:15 am
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
jccreszMC
You need 3 programs:
1. Malwarebytes
Yes, I know. Malwarebytes is probably the first thing you should go to, or get Kaspersky AV-R tool.
2. Wise Registry Cleaner.
This program should make a pass after Malware Bytes.
3. A different web browser.
Try to circumvent the blocks placed by the virus, or factory reset your PC.
10/22/2015 4:05 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
legoplayer28
yep Malwarebytes has helped me loads
also something else you could try is using AVG web Tuneup (Chrome Extension) it protects you from downloading Phising programmes and other viruses
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome