UTOPIA UNIVERSE <> RECRUITING STAFF NOW!

UtopiaUniverse's Avatar UtopiaUniverse1/24/16 1:57 pm
3/1/2016 12:57 pm
UtopiaUniverse's Avatar UtopiaUniverse
Utopia Universe

Utopia Universe is a diverse, exciting, entertaining upcoming server! Read on to find out how YOU can get involved!

Utopia- An imagined place in which everything is perfect!

Why did we create the server?:
Here at Utopia Universe, we believe that the perfect server is friendly, balanced and complete with stunning gameplay. Of course, this is what we aim to create! We aim to create a server in which players can log onto a friendly, relaxed environment and enjoy the game freely. Utopia Universe will also be home to complex, diverse and imaginative- yet easy to understand- gameplay. But, of course, to achieve this- we will need friendly, co-operative and loyal staff members with a passion to help the server thrive!

So, why are we different in terms of gameplay?:

Initially, we aim to provide an original, enthralling Towny and Economy experience! However, once Utopia Universe becomes a more established server, with a stable player base- we intend to take to the forums and allow players to vote on which of our (top secret! ) mini games they would like to see added to the server next. After all, here at Utopia Universe, we believe that it is not just our server- it's the players server!

How can you get involved?:

Due to the fact that we are a new server, we will need an assortment of dedicated staff members to help us achieve our aforementioned goals! That's where YOU come in! If you are interested in being involved with Utopia Universe, please leave an application form below!

What we look for in staff members:

- Experience with Minecraft and the staff position that you are applying for.

- Basic knowledge of 1.8

- Sensible and mature behaviour, yet still able to have fun and relax.

- Ability to function well in a team, and get along with other staff members.

- Be kind, understanding and empathise with players!

- Understand that whilst it is nice to receive authority, do not act vastly superior because of it- it ruins the player experience!

- Always feel free to share your ideas, and never supress anybody else's!

- Don't abuse your rank.

- Don’t be rude.

- Be patient, things take time; it will be worth it!

- Be active!

...Try your best!

Application Formats:

Helper

Helper is the lowest of the staff ranks, however- it is a fundamental part of sever to player communications.

IGN:

First Name (nickname if preferred):

Maturity:

How You Can Help:

Experience:

If Two Players Were Arguing, What Would You Do?:

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.):

How Active Can You Be?:

Timezone:

Please keep to 60 words as a minimum for helper application if you wish to be accepted!

Moderators are the police of the server, they ensure that rule breakers and hackers are kept at a minimum.

IGN:

Maturity:

How You Can Help:

Experience:

If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?:

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?:

Anything Else?:

Timezone:

Please keep to 120 words minimum if you wish to be accepted as moderator.

Admin

Admin is a fairly senior position, and will be given quite a lot of permissions and responsibility, you will also have to manage the lower staff ranks. Therefore, we must ensure that you are fully trustworthy and dedicated.

IGN:

Maturity:

How You Can Help:

Experience:

If Somebody Was Hacking, What Would You Do?:

If Somebody Was Threatening A DDOS Attack What Would You Do?:

Anything Else:

If A Friend Was Asking For OP, What Would You Do?:

How Active Can You Be?:

Timezone:

Please keep to a minimum of 250 words if you wish to be accepted as moderator!

Builder:

Builders receive similar permissions to Helpers in terms of player management, however they are in charge of the beautiful architecture of the server.

IGN:

Maturity:

Experience:

What Building Style Do You Specialize In?:

Previous Builds (Include Pictures):

Timezone:

How Active Can You Be?:

Please keep to a minimum of 60 words and 3 photos for builder for a higher chance of acceptance.

Developer

Developers are the backbone of the server, they are very important and allow us to provide the server with incredible plugins.

IGN:

Maturity:

How You Can Help:

Experience:

Have You Worked As A Developer On Any Other Servers?:

Are You Experienced With Bukkit?:

Have You Developed Any Plugins Of Your Own? (Provide Links):

Are You Capable Of Developing Plugins?:

Timezone:

How Active Can You Be?:

Please keep to a minimum of 120 words for a greater chance of acceptance.

Anything Else

If you would like to help out the server or apply for a position that is not specified above, please use the application form below.

IGN:

Maturity:

How You Can Help:

Experience:

What Are You Applying For? Why Will It Help Us?:

How Active Can You Be?:

Timezone:

~Finally, for a greater chance of acceptance, please include as much detail as possible, use accurate punctuation and grammar throughout and use the formats provided above ~

If you are ACCEPTED, we will let you know via this thread. We will also PM you the IP and whitelist you to the server. You will receive a PM within 1-10 days, please check DAILY. We will hold In-Game interviews, if your interview is successful, we will give you a TRIAL staff rank to be sure that we can trust you!

If you are DENIED, don't worry! We will be opening for Beta-Testers, once we do this you can apply again for a Beta-Tester rank!

Also, we are particularly looking for experienced developers who can configure Bukkit plugins and who are well versed with multicraft. We are also in need of builders, however, feel free to apply for anything!

[b]

[i]IMPORTANT:[/b] If there is any information that you don't feel comfortable with telling us, although you can trust us, it's okay! Just leave it out [/i]

[b]
Thank you to those of you who choose to apply! We look forward to reading your application and will reply ASAP! (Please read our latest comments on this thread!) [/b]

[b]Best of Luck,

The Utopia Universe Team[/b].
UtopiaUniverse
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2016 12:57 pm
UtopiaUniverse
Hey Guys!

Thank you ALL so much for your amazing applications over these last couple of months! Your interest has been incredible and really helped to support our server. We are all very grateful that you decided to apply here! Our sincerest apologies for the delays in application reviews/ replies on this site- we have been very busy but, we aim to be considerably quicker with this in the future. We are all incredibly sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you all again!
The Utopia Universe Team
02/13/2016 11:22 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Reaper-y
IGN:lxxXreaperXxxl

First Name (nickname if preferred): Reapy

Maturity: on at 1-10 ratio 8.89/10

How You Can Help:i can help with greifers, hackers, abusers, harassment, spam and rude individuals

Experience: i was moderator on the creative server of Nodex which was shut down due to financial problems.
If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?:i would first give them a warning and if they keep on doing it another warning and if they keep on persisting i would mute them for 5 minutes or maybe more depending on how bad it is.

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): i'm interested in other country's culture, languages and history i'm a BIG fan of video games which i spend 1-4 hours playing each day i have a good knowledge of how these types of servers work and i can easily answer questions.

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?: i would warn them and tell them to re-read the rules. if they persist i would give them a temporary ban and after that has ended and they continue to persist i would ask admins if i have the authority to ban them only with a higher ranks permission i would permanently ban them.

Anything Else?:i also love animals

Timezone:(UTC+10:00) Brisbane
sincerely, lxxXreaperXxxl
02/13/2016 7:36 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Spaiand1987
Developer

IGN: DaruniaWrath1987

First Name (nickname if preferred): Tony

Maturity: on a scale 1-10 (7)

How You Can Help: I can help with configuring

Experience: GroupManager,Essential Kits,Votifier,ChestShops and more I also now some good plugins for servers

Have You Worked As A Developer On Any Other Servers?: Yes

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): Baking, Acting, Hanging with friend and I love to play video games

Are You Experienced With Bukkit?: Yes I do

Have You Developed Any Plugins Of Your Own? (Provide Links): No I don't make plugins but I am good with configuring

Are You Capable Of Developing Plugins?: No sorry

Timezone: EST United states

How Active Can You Be?: 3-4 hours week days and 5 hours weekends if I cant I will try to contact you via skype

My skype is: tonyteets12
02/13/2016 7:10 pm
Darius25
DEV
IGN: ChocChipCookieee premium , Darius25 cracked
First Name (nickname if preferred): Darius

Maturity: 5/10

How You Can Help: i know a lot of plugins. I can help the staff players and server i can code java javascript php html.
I really like to help servers to grow and i hate the hackers. These morons are really shit why would somebody hack somebody else like? Revenge? Idk but i hate them and i wish that they to be gone for ever.

Experience: Admin 2 servers, owner 1 server, mod 1 server, head mod 1 server

If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?: i'd warn him 2 times and if he doesnt answer i'd kick him for spamming , then mute him for 2 mins then 5 mins, etc.

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): i like coding i love to help ppl and i really like minecraft, but as a gamer i am playing more games.

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?: i would warn him and then punish him.
Are You Experienced With Bukkit?:

Have You Developed Any Plugins Of Your Own? (Provide Links):yes i did but they are not on web if u got skype i can send it to you.

Are You Capable Of Developing Plugins?: Yes
Timezone: gmt+1
How active can u be? I can be very active on my phone but on my laptop not dat much i can write commands and all this shit from my phone.
02/13/2016 6:47 pm
UtopiaUniverse
Hey there!

As usual, we are still open to applications. However, this time we have made it much easier for you to apply! You can now, either:

-Leave your application as a comment on this thread!

-PM us your application form!

-Leave a comment here, or make a PM, if you would like to be whitelisted to the server in order to create an In-Game application!

...Finally, you can apply on our official forums(utopiauniverse.enjin.com) with the application forms provided!

We are particularly interested In recruiting: Moderators, Helpers, Admin, Builders and GFX Designers, although all are welcome to apply!

Additionally, if anybody who has already written an application, would still like a place, please PM us!

We look forward to receiving your replies.

Thank you all again,

The Utopia Universe Team!
02/09/2016 5:10 pm
SMIDLET0306
IGN: Evil_Shoot

First Name (nickname if preferred): Liam

Maturity: I am quite mature for my age (14 and a half) as i have been under many situations as a staff member where i had to deal with Hackers and younger children who could not follow the rules correctly, and had to explain step by step what they must do and not do.

How You Can Help: Well i may not be able to code but i am very good with plugins and know many things about them such as: Setting up plugins, Configuring them (Cannot Configure all plugins) also i know how to set permissions to any rank with either Permissions Ex or Group Manager. Another great thing i can do to help is suggest new plugins and possibly find you spawns/builds to add onto the server if you are in need of them. I can also help out with players if they are having trouble with any command and even help a staff member/owner with any problem they may have with a plugin

Experience: Well i have only really been a Developer on a server (WoodNation, which is shutdown now) But i have quite a bit of experience with Minecraft as i have been playing it since the beta versions came out.

What Are You Applying For? Applying for possibly like a admin but a bit more than a admin as i have great skills with plugins but do not have the coding skills of a proper Developer. Why Will It Help Us?: It will help you because unlike most admins, i know a LOT about plugins, how they work etc and will be able to use them skills which i have with the server FREE of charge.

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): Well i am interested in coding, at the moment i am learning how to code in C # at school this year, and learnt how to code last year in LUA. Also i LOVE MC

How Active Can You Be?: Well during the week i can play a hour each day and during the weekend about 6-8 hours each day (Saturday and Sunday)

Timezone: Australian Central Time Zone
UTC+09:30

Thanks for reviewing my application, and i hope you get back to me with some great news.
02/09/2016 4:46 pm
UtopiaUniverse
We are STILL recruiting staff members!

Feel free to apply! If you wish to contact us elsewhere, we can give you the address of our forums if you PM us with a request.

Thank you,

01/31/2016 7:58 am
UtopiaUniverse
We are STILL recruiting!
01/28/2016 5:42 pm
UtopiaUniverse
Still looking for some awesome new staff members!
01/26/2016 3:13 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheTonias
wish for Admin or Moderator

IGN: _Kyio_Ren_

First Name (nickname if preferred):Antonia

Maturity:Im very mature

How You Can Help: i can be on almost 12/7 and im always playin minecraft. i can build and be active about spamm, scam etc.

Experience: i was a owner of a server for few months until i sold it

If Somebody Was Hacking, What Would You Do?: Ban him litterly

If Somebody Was Threatening A DDOS Attack What Would You Do?: give him a warning and if he doesn't behave i'll ban him

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): i love to play minecraft, build, draw, icelandic birds an more

Anything Else: Yes. Thanks for leting me join this audition i really appreasiate that

If A Friend Was Asking For OP, What Would You Do?:

How Active Can You Be?:i can be inline 12/7 or 16/7

Timezone:UTC+00:00 (United Kingdom)
01/26/2016 3:03 pm
_LaurenPaige_
Builder

IGN: _LaurenPaige_

First Name (nickname if preferred): Lauren

Maturity: I think im very mature

Experience: I am head-builder on 3 server, I also am apart of a build Team

What Building Style Do You Specialize In?: Medieval, but I can do quite a few deferent stles

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): I love to build, I guess that's a good thing xD, I am on a lot so I will be active to your server pretty much every day, but I don't like things being too strict I like to have fun. but I can meet deadlines

Previous Builds (Include Pictures): I cant screenshot on my computer but I can show you a few somehow if you leave your Skype name on the pm?

Timezone: UTC+00:00 (United Kingdom)

How Active Can You Be?: Everyday unless something comes up. which I can let you know before hand

Thank You
01/26/2016 2:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Ercadio
Builder

IGN:XRAYPROD

First Name (nickname if preferred): Vincent

Maturity: 10

Experience: 10

What Building Style Do You Specialize In?:

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): I'm 18 years old, going to study either Software Engineering or Mechatronics next year. I highly enjoy Mathematics and Geometry Transformations.

Previous Builds (Include Pictures): I'll send via Skype

Timezone: Eastern Standard

How Active Can You Be?: 16 - 30 hrs/week
01/26/2016 1:40 pm
UtopiaUniverse
[READ BELOW] Applications Are Now Closed [READ BELOW]

Thank you all for your applications! Here at Utopia Universe we have been delighted with all of the applications that we have received and the high quality and standard of them all. As you can imagine, this made it incredibly difficult for us to decide who has officially achieved an interview with us. However, we have reviewed them all and have come to a conclusion regarding who to hire. Those of you who have been accepted should have received a PM (please check!), explaining what position you have been assigned and what the next step is for you in your journey with us! However, if you have not been accepted, please do not take our decision personally- we only have a limited amount of space for staff members- we would have hired all of you if it was possible! If you were not accepted, please keep an eye out in case applications are re-opened, or we are recruiting Beta-Testers.

NOTE: We are still hiring builders, feel free to apply!

Thank you all very much,

01/25/2016 10:09 pm
Hadess_Arts

Moderators are the police of the server, they ensure that rule breakers and hackers are kept at a minimum.

IGN: Abduction

First Name (nickname if preferred): Brad,Bradley,

Maturity: 7/10

How You Can Help: I can help by Being a nice fun staff or not a staff but i like to build stuff (Not really the best) and also love talking to the other players and just having fun in general. I can also help with some plugins not alot but im pretty sure i could figure it out. also if someone or anybody needs help im pretty much always on and can help with just about anything there it in minecraft, overall i just want to be here to play the game and have fun with others

Experience: I Have Owned My own server didnt get very popular so i decided just to take it down because it was costing to much money, also i have admined and moderated a few servers aswell, Factions.Prison, and survival

If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?: I would give them 3 warning then if the continued i would mute for however long (Probably 5-10 minutes)

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): My Name is Brad Im 18 a senior in highschool, i love to play games on the computer but mostly xbox i have just recently started to play minecraft again after a month or two break but i would basically no life games just cause im having fun it an enviorment that i love also i like having fun in any community no matter what type it is. Im kind of a troll so you can expect a little out of me but when it comes down to it im serious as all can be.

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?: I would ask them politely to stop breaking them then after a couple of times if they persisted to keep on breaking them. then depending in the matter of a mute / temp - ban ect ...

Anything Else?:

Timezone: Eastern/Florida

( I Know but i went overboard, Hope its all right -Abd
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Please keep to 120 words minimum if you wish to be accepted as moderator.
01/24/2016 4:42 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
DrKillWil
I am applying for the admin rank.

IGN: DrKillWil.

First Name: Will.

Maturity: I don't really like answering the maturity questions, I think that maturity will show in how I act and write this application. Not in some number I write down. Still, I know a lot of 16 year olds, and I would say I am among the more mature ones. I am 16, by the way.

How You Can Help: I can help in many ways. I can help control and administrate the community well, I have a lot of experience in this kind of role. I can also help by building, and contributing a lot of time by doing this. I am comfortable configuring plugins and commands as well, and I am happy to do this. I also have some experience in setting up or moderating forums, so when you eventually open yours I will be able to help with that.

Experience: I'd rather not rant on about how many servers I've staffed and whatnot. On the flip side I do have a heap of experience administrating servers, so don't worry about a lack of experience.

If Somebody Was Hacking, What Would You Do?: This depends on what they were doing. Generally I would just warn them and ask them to stop. If they continued I would kick them with a warning saying last chance or something similar. Then I would temp ban, up to perm ban if it happened again.

If Somebody Was Threatening A DDOS Attack What Would You Do?: I would screenshot the threat and then IP ban the player, I would then send screenshots to the owner to notify them about it.

A Bit About Yourself: there isn't a whole lot to know, when I'm not playing minecraft or another game I'm at high school, or in a rock climbing gym. Or cooking I guess.

Anything Else: Not much, if you want to know anything you can skype me or PM me.

If A Friend Was Asking For OP, What Would You Do?: I would explain to him how just because they are my friend doesn't mean I can do that, as it isn't my server. I'd tell them to apply if they really wanted to help out with the server.

How Active Can You Be?: As active as I need to be more or less. I am happy to contribute 4-6 hours on weekdays and more on weekends. Depends on what's needed.

Timezone: AEDT UTC 11+. This is Australian Daylight Savings time.
01/24/2016 3:48 pm
GriffonRedheart
IGN: GriffonRedheart

First Name (nickname if preferred): ---

Maturity: The bomb dot com

How You Can Help: I've got a great deal of experience and will do my absolute best to care for and be fair to all players

Experience: I have played minecraft for nearly three years and have had many a great staff positions

If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?: First, ask them to stop (if it were to be in an innocent manner) and if they continued, I would mute them for 10 mins (then 20, then kick for a short period of time, etc., etc.), although if it were to be in a malicious manner, I would mute them immediately or kick them depending on the intensity.

A Bit About Yourself (interests within minecraft): I love simple minecraft servers, nothing that ruins that original and powerful feeling of 'I made this' and that unique play style that every player possesses, plus, I exist :I ... (probably maybe).

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?: The answer to this question honestly depends on what rule were to be broke and the facilities and options provided by the server.

Thx.... mmmkay, bai
01/24/2016 2:42 pm
MemeSalesman
Admin Application

IGN: MemeSalesman

First Name: Julian

Maturity: I would give myself a 9/10 in maturity. I'm at the age of 16.

How You Can Help: I love to help out other Minecraft servers by using my knowledge and being able to create a positive impact. I am a very fast typer, so I will be able to eliminate any problems like punishing spammers, getting rid of hackers, or just taking care of a discussion in chat. I have a very simplistic life, so I will have lots of time every single day to be able to attend the server and serve my voluntary purpose. I will also be rather professional and mature on the job, as you can tell from my grammar in this application. I would love to help Utopia Universe become more enjoyable for all the players of the community.

Experience: I've moderated and administrated a great number of servers in the 4 years that I've been playing Minecraft. I know how to use all staff commands and if there's something that I am new to learn, I will surely learn it quickly. Even so, I've gone as far as created my own Factions server, which lasted over 8 months worth of a solid player base and making profit in donations. In other words, I know what I'm doing as a staff member.

If Somebody Was Hacking, What Would You Do?: If somebody was using cheats/hacks, I would immediately permanently ban them before they can cause any problems to the players of the server with their unfair advantages.

If Somebody Was Threatening A DDOS Attack What Would You Do?: In my eyes, a DDOS threat is very serious. I would immediately IP Ban the player that was issuing this threat.

A Bit About Yourself: I am 16, I love technology, and I work on software and hardware for a living. I install computer parts and fix technical issues in people's systems. I've also ran my own Minecraft server for about 8 months. It was quite successful, considering I made $400+ profit from it. I ended up shutting the server down because I needed to focus more on school and exams at the time. I wish to one day relaunch my server.

If A Friend Was Asking For OP, What Would You Do?: If a friend was asking for OP, I would not retrieve it for him because having OP in the wrong hands leads to server devastation. I would never hand OP over to any of my friends just because I have a friendship with them.

How Active Can You Be?: I am able to play at least an 1-2 hours on weekdays and up to 2-4 hours on weekends.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (Florida, United States)
01/24/2016 2:31 pm
Sakumotsu
IGN: kixi1237

First Name (nickname if preferred): Kiix

Maturity: I'm mature and fun! Wanna hear a joke? Im 15!

How You Can Help: I can help you by:
- Making the server safer
- Making the server well-known
- Good work!
- A friend!
- Some jokes!

Experience: I have had many experiences as a mod, as follows:
- Been a Mod on two servers!
- Been a Trial-Mod on another!

If Somebody Was Spamming, What Would You Do?:
I would warn then if they did it again, If i had permission, mute them for a reasonable amount of time!

I love gaming!
I do YouTube! Im FUN! I love being Mod! <3

If Somebody Was Breaking The Rules, What Would You Do?:
I would not give them a warning because they have/should of read the rules then punish them according to the rule and the effect!

Anything Else?:

Timezone: GMT
01/24/2016 2:09 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
420Corn
Developer/Admin
IGN: CodexVirus

First Name: Will

Maturity: i am mature but i still know how to have fun and im 17

How You Can Help: i do plugin configuration and i can also help with keeping people in line

Experience: i owned 3 servers 1 big 2 small i was a admin on several servers and also developer on a lot of servers

Have You Worked As A Developer On Any Other Servers?: Yes

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): Well i build computers and i love Tech, Codeing, Developing small indie games and playing games

Are You Experienced With Bukkit?: lol welp i have owned a few servers and i have deved before so good

Have You Developed Any Plugins Of Your Own? (Provide Links): I have made a few plugins small ones back in 1.4.7

Are You Capable Of Developing Plugins?: its been a long time and its not really my style

Timezone: EST

How Active Can You Be?: i can be on every day from 4pm-8pmEST

Please keep to a minimum of 120 words for a greater chance of acceptance:

Anything Else
Well.... i am a fun guy im very enjoyable to chat with i love talking to people and making friend if there is any thing someone needs i will try my best to help you can contact me on im also dislexic so sorry if i spell stuff wrong skype:xxcrazyman120xx
01/24/2016 2:06 pm
StarXTehDoc
IGN:StarX_TehDoc

First Name (nickname if preferred): Jimmy

Maturity: 8

How You Can Help: I have a vast knowledge of plugins and configs

Experience: Worked as a community co-founder for two years looking after permissions and plugins configs

If Somebody Was Hacking, What Would You Do?: Warn them and then Bn the player

If Somebody Was Threatening A DDOS Attack What Would You Do?: IP Ban them

A Bit About Yourself (interests etc.): I am 20 year old working full time. I am interested in trucks and buses

Anything Else:

If A Friend Was Asking For OP, What Would You Do?: Not give them it

How Active Can You Be?: would be evenings and weekends

Timezone: GMT 0
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome