A Vanilla Moon

Kuat-Drive Yards's Avatar Kuat-Drive Yards10/23/16 9:37 pm
10/25/2016 10:25 am
Kuat-Drive Yards's Avatar Kuat-Drive Yards
If the Moon is added, what would it look like? Right now I'm working on a mod that adds the Moon to Minecraft. I know, it has been done before, and will be done after I have done it. However, I'm hoping that it will only be a small addition to a greater mod.

How should the Moon be accessed?
By rocket, by cheese portal, by entity rocket, or by some other means?
In other words, what would Mojang do?

Your input will help me make what I can only assume a Mojang Moon dimension would look like.
Thank you!

Kuat-Drive Yards
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/25/2016 10:25 am
Kuat-Drive Yards
Either cheese could be crafted with a bucket of milk, or a bucket of milk could be poured into a cauldron, and after a little bit of time it would form a cheese block. However, another method could be putting milk into a new cultivator block, which then turns it into cheese.
Even if I add the rocket, cheese is staying, because any mod dealing with the Moon has to have cheese!
10/24/2016 9:04 pm
Kuat-Drive Yards
So, I've been working on some blocks and ideas, and here they are! Since the Nether has its own specific ore, I decided that the Moon would have Titanium as its specific ore. Titanium will be used for future devices and crafting recipes, and will of course have it's own Block. For now, here are some pictures of Lunar blocks and also two different means of transportation that I have considered.

Here is the rocket and the cheese-portal. Cheese will be created by putting milk into a cauldron, and then waiting for it to turn into a block. Cheese will be edible as well, making it a new food source for your Minecraft adventures. The cheese-portal, if I decide to use it, will be used to access the Moon dimension.
The rocket, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated. Instead of a customizable rocket, which would be extremely hard to do, this capsule mounted atop an engine could be used to access the Moon dimension. It is created from Engine Plating, Metal Hull, Fuel Tanks, and High-Strength Wire. All of these blocks will be craftable. In the upper capsule a Rocket Controller must be placed in order for the rocket to be used. The rocket controller will be like most redstone devices, and will be crafted using quartz, redstone, and other materials.

The blocks above are blocks that will be found on the Moon. Such are Regolith, Basalt, and Titanium Ore. Like stated before, Titanium will be used for other crafting recipes, perhaps armor and tools, if need be. However, it is more likely to be used for reaching future celestial bodies, such as Mars.
10/24/2016 2:26 pm
Kuat-Drive Yards
For the block-built rocket, I could have a special Metal Hull block that can be colored any color you want. The rocket controller would be activated with a right-click, and when right-clicked it would scan the structure to check to see if the bare requirements have been met for the rocket, aka is it made out of Metal Hull. Coloring the Metal Hull blocks would be as simple as putting it in a crafting table with a dye, which would result in a dyed Metal Hull. More pictures coming soon.

What does everyone think of the cheese-portal, though?
10/25/2016 3:19 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
pretty standard but it could be used as a backup plan if all else fails
10/25/2016 7:49 am
Kuat-Drive Yards
Yeah, but if worst comes to worst, and I can't get a rocket working, a Cheese-Portal will always work.
10/25/2016 8:31 am
brostermedia
but how do we get cheese? put milk in a special machine?
10/24/2016 11:27 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
brostermedia
EZAwesomeness
brostermediaa built rocket would take too much effort for people to poroperly make or collect materials and could screw with bases becauseof size.

Its actually good if it would take much effort, but ofcourse the block-built rocket would be smaller in size. Maybe compacted with custom blocks . Also the moon shouldn't be accessible on early days of your survival days so it should really take effort to make a rocket to go to your moon.

Also (to TS) the moon should have some craters so it would be realistic. And who knows, maybe there's another creatures living in the moon?

not saying that effort is bad, but having to build the rocket with no customisation in any way is frustrating. if it would be a model i would understand that customisation would be hard. being able to build it properly is also a thing. an entity is craft it, place it and you are done. with a structure you'd have to follow building steps 1 by 1 which can be frustrating at times

Maybe like you can create your own made rocket in any way you like, but you have to place the controller inside it. Which is basically the only requirement. It's like a dashboard for your rocket and still hard to make so people don't go building dirt rockets so they can get there very fast.
10/24/2016 11:16 am
brostermedia
EZAwesomeness
brostermediaa built rocket would take too much effort for people to poroperly make or collect materials and could screw with bases becauseof size.

Its actually good if it would take much effort, but ofcourse the block-built rocket would be smaller in size. Maybe compacted with custom blocks . Also the moon shouldn't be accessible on early days of your survival days so it should really take effort to make a rocket to go to your moon.

Also (to TS) the moon should have some craters so it would be realistic. And who knows, maybe there's another creatures living in the moon?

not saying that effort is bad, but having to build the rocket with no customisation in any way is frustrating. if it would be a model i would understand that customisation would be hard. being able to build it properly is also a thing. an entity is craft it, place it and you are done. with a structure you'd have to follow building steps 1 by 1 which can be frustrating at times
10/24/2016 8:30 am
Kuat-Drive Yards
Thanks everyone for the replies! Also, sorry for the depressingly small picture. Here's the picture again.

Even though quite a few are suggesting a modeled rocket entity, I will first provide an example of a cheese portal (inspired by the original Moon mod) and a built rocket, a strange mix of Apollo and retro rockets.

The Rocket:

The Cheese Portal:

The textures are not final, and are subject to change.
10/24/2016 6:16 am
Level 84 : Elite Artist
Arkadya

10/24/2016 6:11 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
''In other words, what would Mojang do?''
If they would so something like this, which is already quite strange.
I think they would go for cheese portals. Not that I'm a fan of that but just look at the whole game. Netherportal, Endportal, even an Endportal to go to the endcities!

I would perfer a modeled rock entity.
10/24/2016 4:32 am
brostermedia
preferrably by some sort of entity rocket, mainly because a cheese portal is really cheesy (kill me pls), a built rocket would take too much effort for people to poroperly make or collect materials and could screw with bases becauseof size. an entity rocket, although done before, is the best option there is.
10/23/2016 9:42 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
COOL!
10/23/2016 9:43 pm
Kuat-Drive Yards
Thanks for the input! I will be adding images of the moon as soon as I can.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome