I want to buy a minecraft server to play with my friends

ayyan67's Avatar ayyan6711/29/15 5:44 pm
1 emeralds 161 7
12/4/2015 1:45 pm
Alliantcraft's Avatar Alliantcraft
Me and my friends play modded minecraft through hamachi, but recently we've been having major lag issues while using it. So, we decided that I should buy a server so we can play without much lag. I'm completely new to dedicated servers. So, if I buy a server will I still be able to play with the mods we have on the hamachi server? If so how would I install these mods?
ayyan67
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/04/2015 1:45 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Alliantcraft
I'm sure you probably know this but the more mods you run the more resources the server will consume. I would do plenty of research and read reviews of the hosting sites your interested in because some of them can be ripoffs and dont have very good servers. I've always used nfoservers.com. I honestly don't think you can find anything better than them, but Im probably being biased because I've never used any other hosting besides nfoservers.com
12/02/2015 6:16 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Altitude Community
Most server hosting companies have a very extensive list of modpacks that you can run on your server. I have not worked with modded servers so I don't know if this is exactly what your looking for, but I do know that they have Tekkit and FeedtheBeast and what not.

Here is a quote from the Beastnode website:

"Install mods and mod packs. Run Tekkit, Feed the Beast, ATLauncher, and various other mod packs. Even install individual mods if desired!"

Every host I have worked with also gives you the option to use your own .jar if you choose. You will upload all of your files to the server and then you just have to go into the configuration and specify what .jar it should use to boot up. After that it should run exactly as it did on your own system.
12/02/2015 12:56 pm
Level 1 : New Mage
LittleFoxie
Um. I payed $10, and got a full functioning server and it worked perfectly.
11/30/2015 7:13 pm
Level 22 : Expert Engineer
CaptainSonicYT
You have to pay server.pro for mods. Sorry.
11/30/2015 5:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ayyan67
Will I be able to run forge mods on one of these servers? Specifically 1.7.10 forge mods
11/30/2015 3:56 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Anthoria
You can checkout Glaxy Node i'd recommend atleast 1Gb of ram, this hosting is easy to use lag free and has strong internet the 1GB plan is only 2.90$ approx £1.96

Hope this helped,
Anthoria.
11/30/2015 3:32 pm
Level 1 : New Mage
LittleFoxie
Uhh if you're new and want something SUPER simple and not too expensive, use server.pro. And it depends on what mods?

To use server.pro, you go the website, and then fill out some super simple details, then you create the server. You have to log on every hour to renew it, but if you want it to be a monthly renewal with no ads, etc, then you can get a 1gb server for $10/month. I used it and I had about 20 people on there and it worked wonderfully. Adding plugins is super simple, you search up the name of the one you want and click 'add.' With the free version, you get 10. With paid, it's unlimited.

It's 100% worth checking out.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome