Website review needed please,

luigi_vampa's Avatar luigi_vampa10/25/14 8:20 pm
1 emeralds 362 5
10/28/2014 6:20 am
LuxLacis's Avatar LuxLacis
I'm almost finished with the Empire Strikes Block's new website and was wondering what people thought of it. It's all coded from scratch by me, no website buiders.

A reward system where the uploads they make to the server reward players with points to be spent in the server on items and commands like smite. Smiting the staff should keep them busy! haha

Server forum that will contain news, rules, ban appeals, tutorials, quest help, etc

I know there's still some small alignment issues to fix and the text margins are still off so please, don't be too harsh.
Thanks.
luigi_vampa
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/28/2014 6:15 am
luigi_vampa
I see what you mean about the banner at the top. I shifted from a left-aligned page layout to centre, guess I missed a bit! haha
I don't like the column on the left either too much. The mouse-over as you go across from the two inverted buttons at the top to the non-inverted below just looks broken regardless of style.
As for the IP, good idea. I could remove it from the buttons and have in the top left as a mirror of the register/login links on the right. I like the balance of it.

Thanks Viktor, really helpful comments.
10/28/2014 6:20 am
Level 42 : Master Fox
LuxLacis
Np. Glad I could help ;D
10/27/2014 6:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
LuxLacis
Either the top banner/logo is not in the centre or the main content is not in the centre. I think the server IP should be more visible/easy to find. Not sure about the top two options on the left side, the border colours are opposite on purpose, I know, but it just doesn't work. Maybe try and use a lighter grey or some other colour?

Apart from that, good job on the website

EDIT: You can see on the screenshot, it shows the alignment of the page. My screen resolution is 1440x900 px.
10/25/2014 11:35 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut
I like it simple and yet brings buttons to a website. I say it's intuitive.
10/27/2014 6:44 pm
luigi_vampa
Thanks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome