Welcome to PMC! Now how do I use the Home page?

Team's Avatar Team11/26/14 1:40 am
1 emeralds 928 5
11/26/2014 6:29 pm
Team's Avatar Team
Heya guys, Team here!

You might all know how to work the Home page but we always have new members at PMC (Planet Minecraft) that might not. This is a fully explanational tutorial on how to use the Home page! Let's get started!

To Begin:
Before we start with ANYTHING we want to start off by going to the Home page, which you can reach by going to www.planetminecraft.com.

Search:
As there is a lot of information about the Search bar, a separate topic will be put up for the Search topic.

Top Slideshow:
The first thing you were probably focused on when joining Planet Minecraft was the top slideshow. The top slideshow shows you the current most liked projects at the time. You can view upcoming contests, skins, projects ,etc. that people like, and more!

Subscription Activity:
The subscription activity shows all of the recent projects, skins, packs, servers, mods, blogs, and banners that the users you have subscribed to has added. For example two of the people I'm subscribed to is Paril and Teddy, so I can view their skin and mod they have added. More about subscribing can be found in the Profile help topic.

My Favorites:
Anything that you favorited in the past will show up here. To favorite something just click on the heart on a project, skin, pack, server, mod, blog, or banner like the following.

Now with the "My Favorites" tab you can keep all of your favorites to see any updates going on with your favorites. In the example listed below you can see that things that are favorited are things like MCSkin3D, a server, or even some blogs.

My Submissions:
We then have the "My Submissions" tab, which shows you everything you have posted.

More!
Here comes the fun part, this is like a mini menu to see the last four posted/updated items in each category. This is similar to a mini-guide to let you be the first to see awesome stuff.

My Collections:
The "My Collections" tab is a bit more complicated and requires more information. For this reason, it will be put in a different help topic.

Site News & Events:
The Site News & Events are all of the blogs posted by the account PMC which is the official Planet Minecraft account for news and such. Everything that is posted here is official PMC events and news that you should probably be aware about.

Forum Activity:
This is the best place that everyone views! This shows you the 15 recently posted/updated forum posts. This gives you a chance to join the community and learn new things as well as make new friends and communicate.

Site Statistics:
The "Site Statistics" tab is actually a pretty cool to look up, this shows you the current users online, total members, minecraft submissions, total submission views, and downloads, up to date! It's pretty awesome to look at and amazes you on how Planet Minecraft is growing!

Popular Tags:
The "Popular Tags" tab is a helpful feature to show you what is currently the big thing. It's like trending except the big text is the most popular ones and as it decreases it still remains popular but not as the biggest one. As we can see here Animal and Gaming is currently the most trending on Planet Minecraft which is helpful to create topics people will enjoy!

Help Spread The Word!
Planet Minecraft helps you by hosting a awesome site and this is where you can help us! You are able to add amazing banners for your site to help Planet Minecraft grow. This will help user count to increase and motivate people to create more awesome things! Help spread the addiction by raising awareness.

Team
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn