What annoying ads did you encounter?

lazypasta's Avatar lazypasta4/5/14 7:08 am
5/1/2014 3:55 am
DogsPaw's Avatar DogsPaw
What was your most annoying ads you ever had?
One of mine was either lots of surveys kinda ads. I also got redirected from PMC to my AppStore (which is on iPhone #not advertising) which is pretty annoying be ause it was nearly every 20 seconds.
What was your encounter of an annoying ad?

Note: please don't like advertise more ads in this post as it makes it even MORE annoying

No offence Paril or Cyprezz (I hate iPhone's auto recorrect when doing names 0_0)
lazypasta
Level 10 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2014 3:55 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
DogsPaw
Worst Ad in the history of Ads, the stupid new one on Skype, the one above your Chat Windows, that when it drops down, will stop you from typing, making you have to re-click in the Chat Box. Worst thing Microsoft ever did with Skype.
05/01/2014 3:52 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
uh
that russian ladies one
weird anime ads like really weird like asuna and stuff weirdness
and all these 'holy grail of weight loss' ads
and the 'men only' 'your friends won't be seeing much of you when you come inside' ads yuck
okay i really need to find that ads settings thing that google lets you choose again
05/01/2014 3:39 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pig
WolfieJones2003
There are now an ad I mostly encounter

"See How People Praise This As Holy Grain of Weight Loss"
Then there's a picture of a Giant Squid.
04/27/2014 10:34 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Sirrr_Pig
I used to always get the ones saying omg your pc is slow use insertderpyprogramnamehere to clean up your pc 100% omg!
04/27/2014 10:26 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Ranger1580
Theres a stupid ad on PMC ON my iPad saying low disk space, check windows,

Mmmmmmmm, I'm sorry, i dont have windows........ Im on ios.
04/27/2014 10:07 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
GlideHaydn
The worst is the ones where your thinking its the real download button, and you click and it turns out its just that annoying download manager.
04/27/2014 9:33 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
GenCedric
Nah worst of all is the geneio adware
04/27/2014 9:11 am
lazypasta
One worst ad of all:
Ads that cover the whole screen.
04/27/2014 3:05 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
Every ad that says "PLAY OUR GAME IT HAS BUTTS AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN."
04/27/2014 11:58 am
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
I refer to them as those-which-shall-not-be-named.
04/27/2014 2:44 am
lazypasta
More ads:
Fricken Disney game ad which you scroll over and then it just becomes full screen. Sheesh, Disney really wants their game famous
04/26/2014 12:18 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
2 words
Wartune...Ads
04/26/2014 12:13 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragon
phoenix1515
When I'm using my trackpad and it randomly decides to click... when hovering over whatever ad there is... I hate that... So much... (It just happened )
04/26/2014 11:50 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
argentum alae
I get all the gaming ads
Me: Uhhhhhh..

I get ads about bladder control
Me: o.O I don't have bladder issues

I kept getting this ad in German that advertised espressos. It was an animated ad where a statue in a museum talked to another statue about espresso in German, in a weird voice. It then fell off its pedestal and died. All I heard of what it said was "ist macht espresso" I google translated what it was saying and it kind of made grammatical sense: ist macht espresso = is making espresso. The ad said more than that, but it was in German so I didn't catch most of it. This ad showed every time I tried to watch a particular show.
Me: WHAT THE HECK GO AWAY (After seeing it 20 times)

Does this win first prize for weirdest. Then again, dating Russian cougars is pretty weird.
04/26/2014 11:56 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
mapmakerdude99
I feel you bro. We all know how that feels especially when our parents are around and saw that
04/26/2014 11:24 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
CrazyHecticLife
Another annoying ad that I only have seen when I'm on my iPad on YouTube I ALWAYS see an ad before every single video. It's always the same ad too! It's about some governor of Pennsylvania telling you about "The All Boy Club" as she calls it. I have no idea what she's talking about. Also, IT'S A WHOLE MINUTE LONG. SERIOUSLY WHY IS THIS NEEDED??
04/26/2014 11:23 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
TikiTown

I always use adblocker. I do not care about ads, i do not want ads, and i will never turn of my ad blocker to help anyone. If someone need money for their websites, ask for donations instead of adding advertising shit all over the website.
04/26/2014 12:05 pm
lazypasta
You kinda have a point, by in you know those websites to like get money com views get money for every view of it and I think it still kinda makes something? (I don't know how to say this in front of PMC ,might be the laws or rules)
04/26/2014 11:17 am
lazypasta
Those WTFast ads.... That program was legit , but kept making m lag out on minecraft servers instead of IMPROVING my gosh, they gotta go...
04/26/2014 11:48 am
mapmakerdude99
That WTFast ads. I know them! My friend asked me to install and I did. After that I got ads everywhere about WTFast! It's so annoying! Gosh
04/26/2014 11:01 am
GenCedric
#1: I start seeing this ad after I visit PMC almost everyday. It is the "SEE HOW PEOPLE PRAISE THIS FOOD AS THE 'HOLY GRAIN!" with some small pink and slimy balls. And then I started seeing it on YouTube and my website.

IKR its just a random fruit

#2: I used to download torrents at piratebay but I don't visit that anymore because everytime I visit it I brace myself for the ad "DATE HOT,SINGLE LADIES IN THAILAND!" with a video showing the girls removing their cloths and a bunch of other gross stuff.

Jeez i really hated that, i had to get adblock, but before that, it was horrible

#11: This ad keeps telling me that I should install iLivid so I would get better experience with my computer! Once again I was all like: Yeah you would make it worse.

#Adflyyyyyy

XD
04/26/2014 10:53 am
mapmakerdude99
I receive like hundreds of ads everyday because I always use my computer from 3 PM until 2 AM in the morning. So I will tell you the most common ads that I got in the internet.

#1: I start seeing this ad after I visit PMC almost everyday. It is the "SEE HOW PEOPLE PRAISE THIS FOOD AS THE 'HOLY GRAIN!" with some small pink and slimy balls. And then I started seeing it on YouTube and my website.

#2: I used to download torrents at piratebay but I don't visit that anymore because everytime I visit it I brace myself for the ad "DATE HOT,SINGLE LADIES IN THAILAND!" with a video showing the girls removing their cloths and a bunch of other gross stuff.

#3: Everytime I visit in Facebook there is always a section in the middle of my news feed. It's the "suggested games" ad. It shows a bunch of meaningless games with pictures of some girl showing her butts or (I don't want to mention the word but I think you guys know it).

#4: Everytime I click on some blogs on PMC, it will direct me in a shopping website for women. Excuse me, I'm a man and I don't do online shopping for women!

#5: League of Angels.

#6: After I click download on mediafire it will create another tab that is called "Vube" that plays some guy or girl singing a song.

#7: Some ads with a naked girl with a yellow line and it keep saying "CUT IT IN ORDER TO WIN AN IPHONE!"

#8: That Trevor game add. It also appears on PMC asking me to throw the axe. I did it once and I got directed in a website but I press exit before the website shows up.

#9: Not sure if this is common or what but I got ads bugging me with a jet moving left and right and I control the cannon. It says "TEST YOUR SPEED!" I didn't bought it.

#10: This is probably the most common ad of all. It is the "Your PC has some errors. Click here to fix it now!" I was all like "Yeah right if I do that you will NOT FIX MY COMPUTER! YOU WILL MAKE IT TEN TIMES WORSE!" There is also a bunch of ads like this.

#11: This ad keeps telling me that I should install iLivid so I would get better experience with my computer! Once again I was all like: Yeah you would make it worse.

#12: There is one add with just a simple white background but there are 2 buttons. And that is the "Play" and "Download button".

Yeah I receive this kind of ads everyday.
04/27/2014 3:10 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
You may have the LessTabs virus.
04/26/2014 11:15 am
lazypasta
ILivid? Tell that to utorrent for making that up, I hate it too, I heard it was a virus..
04/26/2014 11:46 am
mapmakerdude99
I know right? I fell for it once and installed it and my computer got some new virus. I deleted it already but not sure if it is deleted or not
04/26/2014 10:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheAverageOtaku
Hot russian girls near you. THEY LIED
04/26/2014 10:32 am
GenCedric
IKR! Then, when im on a mac, they have these pc only ad's that say fix your pc! when i have a mac. Don't forget those "your the Millionth visitor, click here for a free ipad"!
04/26/2014 10:26 am
Level 40 : Master Warrior
atabler
Both today XD I have Adblock on my laptop but...... Not on my iPad so I'm writeing this on my iPad wi auto correct ha.
Microsoft certified: repair your PC what's strange about this is, IM NOT USEING A PC!!

Congratulations! This is not a joke! You are our 100,000,000th customer! Click here to claim your prize*(here letters get so tiny I need to zoom in XD) details apply
04/26/2014 10:20 am
GenCedric
When i download from mediafire, i get these "Date hot asian's online!" ad's, and because i got Adware installed on my computer when i had no adblock, there was really annoying stuff, "Hot Russian Singles in your area! Click here!"
04/26/2014 10:12 am
lazypasta
They just want money.... And money doesn't buy happiness
So then they're wasting their happiness to get money and get rich.
04/26/2014 9:48 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
CrazyHecticLife
Ad: 23 women want to date you! Find out who they are!

Me: No.

Ad: I'm just going to put a giant Disney Channel ad all over the homescreen now.

Me: HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THIS!?
04/26/2014 9:45 am
lazypasta
I have another one,

Bank ads, no seriously in Australia they do Bank ads on TV and because there is about 5 kinds of bank companies

Which tell why they try to compete against each other (one of the ads say " We will beat every other banks of a 5% discount" man I hate those kind of ads
04/26/2014 9:41 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
MrRedstone9000
"Stop eating these food to lose weight in months/weeks!". Ohhhhh & jeez, i hate it
04/24/2014 7:01 am
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
I don't remember the name but it said something about setting up my super. It was on YouTube and they went for about 5 minutes. They sounded so annoying too! What does it mean by "super"? I do Business and Technology but I have never heard the term "Super". Super annuation, sure. But what?

Well, fortunately I don't get them any more!
04/26/2014 9:20 am
lazypasta
Are you in Australia? Because I think it's the BPA or I think it was called BUPA super health insurance thingy majiggy
04/24/2014 6:51 am
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
Wyvernian
League of Angels
04/24/2014 6:48 am
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Shadow_Anndroid
Yea... Those gaming ads DO relate to what I visit on the internet, I guess. .-.
04/23/2014 11:57 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Pig
WolfieJones2003
I hate this ad on Youtube about Colgate because there's no skip button!
04/24/2014 6:25 am
lazypasta
Hehe i get ads which i can't skip and most of time i get ads and a skip button which makes you have to signup to skip! Man, i don't know what is wrong with people these days....
04/23/2014 9:12 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
ihaspandah_
gbg1101
I can see some parents going "What are you looking at *in shock* ?!?!?!"
And you saying "Nothing I'm just on Planet Minecraft"

ugh that happens to me all the time especially with that date Russian ladies ad

lol I use to get those too...
04/23/2014 8:29 pm
Level 44 : Master Bunny
ihaspandah_
gbg1101

ugh that happens to me all the time especially with that date Russian ladies ad
04/23/2014 8:25 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
I use adblock. If you think the Internet will no longer be free because of this you are being ridiculous. If you want to protest adblock feel free to do it. Anyways, I got adblock because I was sick and tired of all the inappropriate ads.
04/23/2014 1:37 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
political propaganda.
04/23/2014 12:14 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
ibo02
Dating websites.
04/23/2014 12:04 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
karrthus1on pmc? well every bloody time i open a new page i get titanfall take over my page
god i hate titanfall

TikiTownget adblcoker

if everyone used adblock the internet will stop being free

Titanfall was cool but I'm already bored of it after 16 hours of gameplay.
04/23/2014 12:04 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
Adblock, but on my phone I never see the huge titanfall ad, but I do see huge Disney ads...
04/23/2014 11:53 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
creeperinmyhouse
It just astounds me what some of the advertisements i see contain. On PMC which is a site that many children get on, i have seen some of the most inappropriate advertisements that I am sure is luring kids onto websites they shouldn't be on. Also I do not want to hear people saying "well advertisements just reflect what sites you usually visit" because that is obviously a lie haha.
04/23/2014 10:00 am
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
I use adblock, and use the "allow" function on decent website that I frequent. I leave it on for social media and youtube.
Worst add ever: On a different TF2 trading website, I was just chilling, cruising through sellers, had 10ish tabs open, and then all of a sudden, there were at least 5 audio ads playing, somebody was cutting onions, and another one was for a car, and after I got all of those closed, I got hit with a huge popup that didn't have a close option. No matter where I had my mouse on the screen, if I clicked, it would link me to some site for one of those "I am waiting, my Liege" mini rpg games. Had to use task manager to close it. I was very upset.
04/23/2014 9:52 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Those addicting interactive mini-game advertisements (like the 'Travian' one with shooting a arrow at a target). They're so attractive...
04/10/2014 6:08 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
IrishChaosHehe, the internet has some strange ads:
On PMC:
Play HOT NEW RPG! Now with 100% less clothes!

I've never seen something so true.

As for the AdBlocker debate, I'll personally never use it. Yes, ads are annoying, but it's how sites pay for hosting. Without my sites ads, I couldn't pay for my server (Revenue is about $120 a month which covers all my costs, as well as a personal monthly debt I have to repay, perfectly).

Using it on huge sites like YouTube I see nothing wrong with. But, those sites use the advanced Google cookie system, so most of the time it's stuff I'm interested in anyway. I actually used a service I saw advertised there for about 8 months.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome