What compells you to keep making content?

FiskFille's Avatar FiskFille7/10/14 12:51 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 37
7/15/2014 3:14 am
HHTheMelon's Avatar HHTheMelon
The title pretty much explains the thread, so I'll start with myself;

Most modders like me keep on doing what they're doing because of money. While it is true that everyone who put down as much work in their content as the average modder do deserve a something in exchange, I personally think it's not really right when it's just a hobby.

I keep on making mods for two main reasons; I really enjoy making them, and recognition. I don't really care about all the money I could get from it, what I want is the recognition I deserve, which I think I've so far gotten. It's just sad and depressing when you put down months of work into something and none notices you.

Like above mentioned, I think I'm getting fairly recognized for what I do, as seen in a situation a few weeks ago.

There are many, many more reasons why out there for different people, so I thought it might be interesting to see why others do what they do!
FiskFille
Level 96 : Overlord Fish

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/15/2014 3:09 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
I get bored and I am a creative person. I don't really do it for others 90% of my work never gets posted here anyway.
07/15/2014 3:03 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
To get good feedback and know that people like what i make. To feel like you and your creations are worth something.
07/15/2014 2:25 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
For most people, I believe it's fame, but for me, I like to see how others like or enjoy my submissions or whatnot. It's nice knowing what I can improve or whatever.
07/14/2014 10:15 am
FiskFille
Bump
07/13/2014 7:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
Swaoii
Well I remember when I had like 4 subs and that was the biggest thing ever to me and now that I have 360 and counting, just makes me feel like some people truly like me, such as people saying I'm they're favorite skinner it just makes me feel proud.
07/13/2014 7:27 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Shirotsuchi
Though none of my content is yet uploaded (will be very soon) I personally enjoy making new creations for the fun of it, to express my mindset and challenge myself with a greater level of intricacy every time something new is built. I upload them simply to give others ideas and inspiration to get a foundation/inspire for bigger and greater things!
07/13/2014 6:53 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
I enjoy making skins and blogs, because I like being part of this big community known as PlanetMinecraft. Its really fun to make skins and blogs and see that I, one person out of a million, somehow got noticed. Of course I'm not well-known, but thats my goal and keeps me going.
07/13/2014 5:54 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
I make roleplays, do blogs, and skin because I want to get better! And, it's also a lot of fun. I like that people enjoy the things I do. I'm not famous, but I know if I keep posting, having a butt-ton of fun, and making mistakes (then get back up), just maybe!

Oh, yeah. Did I mention it was a lot of fun?
07/13/2014 5:56 pm
FiskFille
I would say one's work would be worth nothing if they didn't have fun making it. Also, congrats on 100 subscribers!
07/13/2014 6:08 pm
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
_books
Indeed, sir. Also, thanks very much! 'u'
07/13/2014 5:49 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
So far this thread has been pretty much OP and a couple others bragging about their popularity and posting screenshots.

o_0
07/13/2014 6:00 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
You sure we're reading the same forum thread? I see no screenshots at all.
07/13/2014 5:46 pm
FiskFille
Silvania Studios
FiskFilleThe title pretty much explains the thread, so I'll start with myself;

Most modders like me keep on doing what they're doing because of money. While it is true that everyone who put down as much work in their content as the average modder do deserve a something in exchange, I personally think it's not really right when it's just a hobby.

I keep on making mods for two main reasons; I really enjoy making them, and recognition. I don't really care about all the money I could get from it, what I want is the recognition I deserve, which I think I've so far gotten. It's just sad and depressing when you put down months of work into something and none notices you.

Like above mentioned, I think I'm getting fairly recognized for what I do, as seen in a situation a few weeks ago.

There are many, many more reasons why out there for different people, so I thought it might be interesting to see why others do what they do!

As another "big" modder (as far as this site is concerned), I'll admit that yes, money is a factor. I get about $350 a month via ads, which pays for my server and funds bits and bobs for my PC etc so that I can do something a bit more full time.

Of course money is only one of the reasons. I do love submitting and creating content, because I love to see what people do with it. That being said I'm quite funny about what people actually do with it... it upsets me to see people using it without mentioning me (ie, most technic platform modpacks...)

People recognising me is nice too. I quoted someone on the forums here the other day, and they replied with "My favourite modder just quoted me *faints*", and that made me happy

Indeed, fans are what makes life worth living, lol. And as I mentioned in my other post above, I even got recognized by a famous youtuber! Caps lock could not contain his enthusiasm
07/13/2014 5:43 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
FiskFilleThe title pretty much explains the thread, so I'll start with myself;

As another "big" modder (as far as this site is concerned), I'll admit that yes, money is a factor. I get about $350 a month via ads, which pays for my server and funds bits and bobs for my PC etc so that I can do something a bit more full time.

Of course money is only one of the reasons. I do love submitting and creating content, because I love to see what people do with it. That being said I'm quite funny about what people actually do with it... it upsets me to see people using it without mentioning me (ie, most technic platform modpacks...)

People recognising me is nice too. I quoted someone on the forums here the other day, and they replied with "My favourite modder just quoted me *faints*", and that made me happy
07/13/2014 5:28 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
fuck this
Writing is something I just love to do. For a long time I've been searching for a way to compell me to write daily. And even if I lost all my subscribers but one, I'd still make content. Just the fact that somebody is reading my work makes me need to do something. I know I don't upload everyday, but writing has editing. Woah, I've gotten a bit off track. I'll put that on my thousand page list of things to improve on.
07/13/2014 5:39 pm
FiskFille
I myself feel like some kind of philosophy professor when replying to the posts on this topic
07/13/2014 5:15 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Because it's fun making your own fantasy world.
07/13/2014 5:13 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
fase
I just really like coding.
It's fun. ;3
07/13/2014 5:24 pm
FiskFille
Trust me... I know
07/13/2014 5:09 pm
FiskFille
jdf2Stuff like this:

And just seeing something I made being used by others. Even if I don't see it just knowing someone out there is using it and it being useful or even them just having fun with it.

Yeah... it's always the best when people appreciate your work. I got really excited when I saw this: https://twitter.com/JackMasseyWelsh/sta ... 8034930688
I mean, a famous YouTuber who get's super-excited and happy when you ask them if they would like to take a look at your work? That's why I*m still here (and because I enjoy it )
07/13/2014 3:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Stuff like this:

And just seeing something I made being used by others. Even if I don't see it just knowing someone out there is using it and it being useful or even them just having fun with it.

Edit:
Phase_I just really like coding.
It's fun. ;3
07/13/2014 3:58 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Because I want an excuse to write/skin my heart out without them all sitting unused in my "junk" folder on my computer.
07/13/2014 3:54 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
I want to show those people that make "SIMPLEPACKS" how it's done
07/13/2014 2:55 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I enjoy writing blogs for people. I have always loved writing, and it is just amazing to me that people appreciate my work.
07/13/2014 3:17 pm
FiskFille
To me that's like the best thing ever. Back when I was new I flipped out when I got my first subscriber
07/13/2014 5:49 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
i know right i have 24 subs now (idk how i did that)
07/13/2014 3:19 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
Me too! It was awesome for me, and I felt like doing a backflip when I hit 15.
07/13/2014 2:51 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
I make YouTube videos and the thing that keeps me going is comments, and nothing but comments. I enjoy making videos, don't get me wrong, but it's when you see a returning viewer commenting on a video that you are compelled to continue.

So I make content for the same reason as you: I enjoy it, and I enjoy recognition for my work.
07/13/2014 3:16 pm
FiskFille
I also happen to have a youtube channel, I know exactly how you feel!
07/13/2014 2:48 pm
FiskFille
Bump
07/10/2014 1:46 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
I'm not sure ._.
I'm not sure on a lot of things o-o
07/10/2014 1:09 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Princess
Princess_Corona
Well, I can only answer with this... I post my projects, skins, and feelings on forums simply because it would seem selfish of me to keep all of my work to myself. If I had worked on a project that almost took me a year to make and it's awesome, I want to share it with others so they can see it too. Even though I can only rake in 35 downloads on one project alone,I don't care, it lights me up just knowing that people take time out of their day to look at what I created. I may not me a modder like you, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all reach our claims to fame in our own ways, our own pace, our own time.
07/15/2014 3:14 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
HHTheMelon
I agree! I barley get any views on my posts, but I do them for fun and it does make me happy when someone actually looks at my posts, it makes me happy too! Also, one of the best things when you upload something is that you have fun. -HH
07/10/2014 1:22 pm
FiskFille
That is exactly why people should keep doing what they're doing! But sadly... that's not always the case. Money is a way too common reason these days.
07/10/2014 1:34 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Princess
Princess_Corona
*Sigh* I know. But that is sometimes my life goal, to show that you don't have to be badass famous and rich for people to like you. It just makes you more human if you just act like yourself and be individual, and not follow the celebrity "cookie cutter". Dang this is getting deep! Even for me!
07/10/2014 1:04 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
DivineMedicus
I build and I upload videos daily not only to entertain, but to have fun with my friends, and smile at my content.
07/10/2014 1:09 pm
FiskFille
That's a great reason, having fun is probably the most important of them all! Thanks for sharing!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome