What genre of music do you like?

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs19/30/16 8:58 am
1 emeralds 3.3k 51
10/11/2016 10:19 pm
MrKnightxx's Avatar MrKnightxx
Hello everyone!
So today I have a simple question: What genre of music do you like.
I don't want you to comment your favorite song or band (Because there is another thread to do that) I just want to know which genre, and why

Please be nice and don't start a war in the comments below.

I'm using this information to plan what type of music I shall be creating for an up-coming blog. So let's say that Hard Rock gets the most votes, or Pop gets the most. Well then that's what I'm going to make

Thanks!
And have an awesome day everyone!
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/11/2016 10:19 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MrKnightxx
instrumental music, i hate human voice.
10/06/2016 4:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Skinner
xXSlayXx
My music list is pretty random, ranging from old animated Lord of the Rings movies, to Undertale, to Of Monsters and Men, so I've got some issues
10/03/2016 8:45 pm
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Country, rock, J-pop. Wolfe brothers, anyone? AC/DC? Flow? Sleeping with Sirens?
10/04/2016 3:44 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I like AC/DC of what you've mentioned up there
10/03/2016 3:26 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Heavier Rock/Metal. If a band can mix hard rock and electro/dubstep or whatever, then I love that too (Electro Rock by Sworn, Most of Celldweller, etc.)
10/03/2016 3:18 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
McHorseI like Green Day music more than Oasis, though, but exploration of new music is fun.

I like how you think. Green Day is life.
10/02/2016 2:39 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
I like everything I hear I like like, so essentially I listen to what I like

No specific genre whatsoever, or rather I like every genre.

thenceforwardI love alternative rock! Oasis is my favourite band of all time

Hm, could you advice some of their best songs (wonderwall, sonic something already heard)?

I like Green Day music more than Oasis, though, but exploration of new music is fun.
10/02/2016 2:32 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
I've gotten really into Electro swing recently
10/02/2016 2:10 pm
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
Punk rock
Hardcore punk
Anarcho-punk
Metalcore
Post-hardcore
Rock 'n roll
Ska
Ska-punk
Acoustic
10/02/2016 1:49 pm
Level 44 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
I love most of the genres but prefer the 60's -70's or medieval songs most: [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGupr_ISDtc[/yt]. Followed by EDM and Dubstep
10/02/2016 12:14 pm
Level 49 : Master Fox
Orbiter
Oddity I despise dubstep however. It sounds like someone let a 5 year old press all the buttons and flip all the switches and dials on a synthesizer and called it music..

There's more to dubstep then just "wubz n' dubz". There's sub genres of it, such as melodic dubstep or chillstep, which some people argue doesn't exist. :p
If you'd like to try melodic dubstep, I'd suggest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCHgxGtruU that. Hope you enjoy. ^^
10/02/2016 12:09 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragon
NakuMog
I'm more a fan of Trap/Dub or J-Dub as some people call it.
10/02/2016 8:41 am
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
KPOP and anime intro/outro songs \o/
and everything else really, although i rarely listen to pop (like those songs they play on the radio and hit parades) and classical music.
10/02/2016 1:49 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
Cicada
I love alternative rock! Oasis is my favourite band of all time
10/02/2016 1:46 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
10/01/2016 6:07 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
I enjoy Soundtrack music, like Two Steps From Hell, Thomas Bergersen and occasionally Hans Zimmer.

A little over a year and a half ago, I discovered Synthwave, which is essentially modern 80's music. I had first found Gunship, and then discovered other artists like Jordan F, Perturbator, Lazerhawk, Miami Nights 1984, Mega Drive, Trevor Something, Timecop1983, Wolf and Raven and the list goes on. This has been my go to music since, and has been awesome. I can live a time I've never known.
I also listen to 80's music, if it wasn't obvious enough.
10/06/2016 4:15 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
Lol, I'm the same also discovered "modern" 80s music like a year ago, dreams is probably my favourite (by timecop). Have you seen HOME though? I really like this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
10/07/2016 6:44 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
Kavinsky is also a good producer from this category. His "nightcall" is really awesome! :O
10/01/2016 4:03 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
minecraftian2424
Rap, but only eminem to be honest, maybe fort minor too, but that's it.
Otherwise, I also listen to EDM and sometimes pop if there's a song or two I like.

It also depends on the mood, sometimes I just feel like listening to green day or 80s music, but rarely.
10/01/2016 10:56 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
TomConnOh wow xD Thanks for all the answers

Oddity:
Nice to hear you like electronic I only know a few "bands" who do electronic music though. Maybe you could give me a suggestion for something to lisint to with a PM

Maybe I'll just send you my whole playlist... but maybe not, cause my playlist is over 200 songs and I add more every day.
10/01/2016 10:35 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
3ssej_
I like most kinds of rock, most kinds of metal, classical music, the blues, and pretty much anything else that uses real instruments, and that isn't country...
(No offense to anyone, but I hate pop and rap a lot )
10/01/2016 1:44 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
TomConn
I was going to add a "Rock" option, but I googled what genre "rock" is and the first page I found just said "Rock is under alternative". So yeah... Alternative = Rock (Even though I know it's wrong. I'm just too lazy to fix it :'D )

Literally the opposite of what you're saying actually. Alternative is just another name for Alternative Rock, which comes from punk-rock. Over the years as genres developed, stuff like alternative hip hop, alternative pop (this is indie pop) was born and so you have an entire genre of "alternative" genres.
10/01/2016 1:17 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
Rock, mostly metal (heavy, speed and trash), hard rock, and blues rock and others, maybe. Also blues and some rap I guess . A (really really few) pop songs, some electronic, some gypsy music (search it up if you don't know). That's about it.

EDIT:
Also jazz, opera, symphonic metal, some hip-hop etc.
Also creepy music such as the soundtracks for Heretic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3EVTi ... a8&index=6) and Hexen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fispef ... J4ne9a1Ua8)
10/01/2016 12:30 am
Level 38 : Artisan Kitten
David
Personally, I enjoy lots of pop punk/alt pop myself. I also enjoy music like macintosh plus quite a lot. ((:

My favorite song atm is Control by Halsey ((:
10/01/2016 12:28 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
I like speed metal a lot so i just voted metal, but i am also into metal, rock and classic rock. i really need to broaden the kind of music i like... oh and whatever the sound of silence falls into...
09/30/2016 11:56 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
SuperSecretFakeAccount
09/30/2016 9:13 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
solarspectrum
alternative.
09/30/2016 8:14 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Magical Girl
Dunethunder76mx
Ya know that stuff that's always stereotyped as screamo. Heavy Metal and Alternate Rock.
09/30/2016 7:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
It depends for me... As long as its pleasing to my ear, I'll listen to it xD
I usually tend to listen to either electronic, classical, sometimes pop, and music like that.
09/30/2016 7:47 pm
Level 24 : Expert Toast
Torrum
I like whatever genre of music Ed Sheeran or Lukas Graham are.
09/30/2016 7:39 pm
Level 45 : Master Theorist
Averli
ok but I don't see screamo ukulele rap
or your face

I like about anything.

Except hard rock and extreme screamo tho, it hurts mah ears.
And the country songs about girls and drinking... just no

But yah, my music taste is so diverse x) If I put my music on shuffle it's such a rollercoaster ride...
09/30/2016 8:53 pm
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Witherwings_
Haha yeah |-/ Screamo ukulele rap is the best
09/30/2016 7:31 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
Z3R0Games
I'm a Twenty One Pilots fan so I said Other
09/30/2016 7:07 pm
Kalinos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDtLjldhtFQ

Cant find the real song anywhere, but the song is great
09/30/2016 7:05 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Button Pusher
anekke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFJllWQUT4&list=PL0u4bMrcmtztzY8nnIdqmlB_NSpl22jLp&index=12

Erm, whatever that was... Which is what I think is refereed as "Indie Elecectronica" but then other people refer it as indie or chill or chill step... Idek
09/30/2016 7:03 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
I mostly listen to all genres except for metal and country.
The genre I listen to mostly though, would be rap,
and I also listen to a lot of K-pop.
09/30/2016 6:32 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
TomConn
Candevera
Nice to see another person who enjoy's classic. You don't by any chance lisint to Thomas Bergensen do you? :D

I like some of his stuff; mostly the less intense ones! I feel like those songs usually have a bit more personality to them.
09/30/2016 6:29 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
I don't like pop, some country is cool, I like the three songs:
Demons, Radioactive, and Dragonflies.
Rap is fine as long as it don't have bad words (basically meaning that rap sounds cool, but I never listen to it cuz I know what they're saying is bad), but my favorite ttpes of music or Electronic, Dubstep, and other stuff. I hate most songs with vocals cuz I don't listen to music to hear people making vibrations with their skinny necks.
09/30/2016 5:55 pm
Level 41 : Master uwu
HippyKat
I love pop and indie. Oh, and rock is cool too. I can't stand rap or country.ugh
09/30/2016 5:04 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
TomConnLass_holly
I've never heard of a Steampunk genre of music. Could you by any chance pm me a song or band which makes "Steampunk" music?

Steam Powered Giraffe, some of their old stuff from Album One and The 2 Cent Show could be considered 'steampunk'. More of a vaudeville kind of taste but same difference. They've been trying to expand their horizons a little bit, so from MK III onwards it's a little less vaudeville and more modern stuff.
Some songs to try is Brass Goggles, Clockwork Vaudeville, and Honeybee
Also, The Cog is Dead! Another one of my personal favorites. They stick to the vaudeville/steampunk genre more than SPG has recently.
Some songs to try is The Copper War, Death of the Cog, and Blood Sweat and Tears.

As for me personally, I don't have a favorite genre. I listen to basically anything, with the exception of Christian and some rap (the only rapper I listen to is Nicki Minaj, with a hint of Kanye West and Eminem here and there)
Heck, I've listened to sea shanties and Gregorian chants for several hours, if that says anything.
09/30/2016 4:24 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Oh wow xD Thanks for all the answers

Oddity:
Nice to hear you like electronic I only know a few "bands" who do electronic music though. Maybe you could give me a suggestion for something to lisint to with a PM

Urrnge
10/10 i luv it

Candevera
Nice to see another person who enjoy's classic. You don't by any chance lisint to Thomas Bergensen do you?

Punkamoar
I was going to add a "Rock" option, but I googled what genre "rock" is and the first page I found just said "Rock is under alternative". So yeah... Alternative = Rock (Even though I know it's wrong. I'm just too lazy to fix it :'D )

Lass_holly
I've never heard of a Steampunk genre of music. Could you by any chance pm me a song or band which makes "Steampunk" music?
09/30/2016 4:22 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Pretty much just EDM and some indie stuff. Country and pop if I have to. Not a fan of rock or rap, can tolerate pretty much everything else.

according to those that surround me I am a sad, pitiful human being

In retrospect I pretty much have the same taste as Oddity, woo
10/01/2016 10:52 am
Monotone
Welcome to Texas where we pretend to be hipsters :^)
09/30/2016 3:49 pm
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
Literally anything.

Rap, pop, rock, alternative, electronic, world, metal, new wave, psychedelia...
09/30/2016 3:38 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
I only listen to cavemen banging on sticks.
[yt]8lTJUhTA3Ok[/yt]

But for real though, mainly hip-hop with some EDM and metal. and J-Pop.
09/30/2016 3:27 pm
Monotone
I prefer EDM, CCM, and various music channels such as Monstercat, MrSuicideSheep, Trap/Bass/Chill Nation(s), Proximity, and NoCopyrightSounds. I despise dubstep however. It sounds like someone let a 5 year old press all the buttons and flip all the switches and dials on a synthesizer and called it music. I used to be a huge Rock/Alternative fan, I still enjoy Alternative occasionally, but it's become a bit obnoxious. I don't enjoy Metal either, with the exception of one song.
09/30/2016 3:00 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
The_Growl
Old house, old school rap, some old pop songs, 70s and 80s, and that's about it I do believe.
09/30/2016 2:51 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
My tastes are really eclectic but my favorites are Classical/Orchestral music. I often heavily prefer instrumentals.

I'm kind of sad that there's not too many modern producers of that style but I'm not one of those people that hates all modern music or screams at people as if their tastes are "Bad." I mean, my tastes are probably pretty terrible anyway.

I also like Electro Swing, Jazz, Acoustic, Celtic, and a lot of traditional non-western music. I find a lot of genres from the early 1900s really appealing. I heavily prefer all of them to be instrumental, though. I find that unless they're really well written, lyrics generally just detract from my enjoyment of a song. A lot of songs center around love and I feel as if many portray it in a very poor, shallow manner, which is probably where that stems from.
09/30/2016 2:34 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
What, no rock option in the poll? I'd definitely choose rock, with a certain taste for the sub-genres of punk rock, alt rock, alt punk rock, classic rock, hard rock, and acoustic rock. I also enjoy some electronica and a select few pop songs (very, very few).
09/30/2016 2:23 pm
Lass_Holly
I'm actually quite a fan of the Steampunk genre myself.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome