What Should 1.12 be Based On?

avrona's Avatar avrona12/5/16 3:59 pm
12/6/2016 9:14 am
Batlestar98's Avatar Batlestar98
So Mojang told us that the next big update like 1.9 will be 1.15, which means a few more of the small updates. So I want to know what do you think should 1.12 be based on? We recently had 1.9 which fixed combat and added new potential for adventures; we had 1.10 which added a bit more to the cold and hot parts of the universe; and 1.11 which added so much new things to explore, conquer, and visit. So one of the main themes of the last few updates was survival and adventures, so 1.12 may still follow that theme. So what do you think should 1.12 be based on? I think it should be the Biome Update. Now at first it might sound like something from a mod but don't worry, it's not, just stick with me.

Now that exploration is made easier with llamas and exploration maps, and more fun with the new End Isles, exotic mobs, and such. But one thing that I want to be added is more diversity to biome, making each one more worth exploring and finding. Now I can't stress it enough but I don't want something that looks like something from a mod. Just small and maybe some bigger changes to make it biome more interesting. For example, how about a chance of finding ores inside boulders in mega taigas? Or jungle shrines in jungles? Just a simple small collage of mossy cobble and a chest of stuff. Maybe some could have an unlit nether portal?

If you have any other ideas for a possible biome update, or an idea for an entire new small update which will be 1.12, please leave it below.
avrona
Level 40 : Master Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2016 9:14 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
Batlestar98
avrona
(also vertical redstone pls)

It already exists in the form of vertical observer chains.

But the think with the vertical slabs and basically just more full block sets (block, 2nd variant of it, slab, stair). A redstone and builder update would be great. also maybe more mechanical blocks like the piston.
12/06/2016 9:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Engineer
Bebe_Godzilla
#MakeRedstoneEasierAgain xd
12/06/2016 7:39 am
avrona
(also vertical redstone pls)

It already exists in the form of vertical observer chains.
12/06/2016 4:31 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
slabs 'n stairs update please

i just want more stairs slabs and maybe eventually vertical slabs (also vertical redstone pls)
12/05/2016 9:46 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Jaht
Remove the stupid c0mbat mistake-of-nature out of 1.9.
12/05/2016 9:43 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
We desperately need a mining update. The last one was 1.3 when emeralds were added, but it wasn't very significant. The last significant mining update was beta 1.8, when mineshafts, ravines, and strongholds were added.
12/05/2016 8:50 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Being fun again for the older players that have playing the game less an less since 1.9
12/06/2016 1:25 am
avrona
I'm one of those players but the game is still super fun.

Remove the stupid c0mbat mistake-of-nature out of 1.9

Why? It helped make combat better.

Another thing I want to be added that isn't really a full update, just an extra feature, is more stuff for vanilla servers. Maybe custom commands? So if a player that meets certain conditions you set they can type in /hub and have the command /tp 314 5 -171 be ran. Or maybe a built in nbt editor?
12/05/2016 7:55 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I think they should have a builder and mechanics/redstone update. Just stuff like better building blocks and furniture-type items (like banners,armor stands,carpet,that type of stuff) and more useful mechanics and redstone features. It's time the creative players of minecraft get an update for themselves.
12/05/2016 7:02 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
Batlestar98
I dont know what they will add into minecraft.
But as a professional builder I can say, minecraft needs a higher build limit!
Ive seen so many people scale down famous buildings, just because they wouldnt have enough space to recreate them in 1:1 scale. Its sad but its true.
12/05/2016 6:49 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
It's funny, I run Conquest Reforged... it's like Minecraft Version 1.30 in the future mechanics and blocks wise. But I digress.

Honestly? I'd abstain little things that add little items and instead go for mechanical changes. Modding improvements, little stuff to make servers run better, something that sells people to update as compared to me using 3 tabs of minecraft to browse a few servers (now that we have a wide mix of 1.11, 1.10 and that blasted 1.8).

Either that or, as suggested in one of the above posts, a block update for builder variety. I certainly wouldn't mind.
12/05/2016 7:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Agree. Mojang can do thing that mods CAN'T do. There are many great mods, some even better than the base game, that add little items, mobs, dungeons, blocks, and the like. Modders cannot apply large-scale mechanical changes (Yes, they can do mechanical changes, but the key word is large-scale. Many people don't use or don't know how to use mods.) but Mojang can implement those positive changes.
12/05/2016 5:59 pm
Level 24 : Expert Geek
Roshaa
I personally would like a mining update. Possibly biomes underground (which would be awesome and give another level of immersion) and maybe a new ore that could go between iron and diamond as we haven't gotten any new ores since Emeralds in 1.3. I currently think that underground desperately needs an update. I would love something like stalactites and stalagmites which could glow or have some sort of new block.

I also like the idea of glowing mushrooms that grow underground and give off light and could possibly be a new brewing ingredient? I think it would be cool.

I also like the idea of an update centered around the ocean and other bodies of water. I would like to actually be able to see the fish in the water, and you could put your base near parts of a river or shoreline where fish are more densely located. Eventually, you could end up having to adventure farther out to find more populations of fish to catch.

It could be beneficial to add actual ocean structures to make them look more alive. You could add coral reefs, clumps of seaweed, sea anemone, ocean caves, and shipwrecks. Not only would it actually make the ocean not as boring, but it could actually give a purpose for underwater bases.

They could add sea creatures such as sharks, octopi, crabs (new food?), jellyfish, stingrays, eels, sea urchins, and sea stars. I would also like to see dolphins or turtles added as a tameable mob that you could ride in the ocean as another form of transport. There could also be mobs that are only in certain sea levels, and they get creepier the farther down you go. An interesting feature to add would be a Kraken boss, which you have to fight. If you come across it in a boat, it should be able to break the boat into planks and sticks, and drag you down to the depths.

There should also be deep sea vents the farther down you go, which could damage the player if they get to close. Somehow you could be able to collect a new type of fuel that could last longer than lava, but there would be more risk to get it than lava.

Sorry for the long post, but I was bursting with ideas!
12/05/2016 5:40 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Customization update. Allow for enhanced world-generation options, (Choosing biomes beyond all or one, more user-friendly options, disable/enable various natural spawns and blocks.) actually paintable paintings (16x16 pixels. Can be placed adjacent to each other to create one larger image ala item frames and maps.) , additional gameplay options and custom difficulty settings. (Hunger, hostile mob spawning, damage rates, etc.) Maybe tabards. They'd offer no protection or anything but would be a purely cosmetic addition to armor sets. Works in the same manner as shields and banners. It'd be really helpful for faction identification in servers involving that sort of thing and could add a level of personality to drab metal armor.

It's not as shiny as new one trick pony mobs but I think a few small updates to those sorts of features would do wonders for the game. Personally I think the oversaturation is making the game pretty awful and having options to avoid it while keeping appealing features would be really useful - Even for those who love all of the new updates, it'd offer a lot of new content, not to mention the sorts of things mapmakers could do with it.
12/05/2016 5:36 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
ChampagneJ
[]Imagininq[]I think it should be a block update, it would bring more options for us builders.

Yeah, imagine if mods like Conquest Reforged were in vanilla. Honestly, the building possibilities would be endless.
12/05/2016 5:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
[]Imagininq[]
I think it should be a block update, it would bring more options for us builders.
12/05/2016 5:16 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Modder
Bdogs15
water update bringing the water life alive and adding penguins to both land and water
12/05/2016 5:09 pm
avrona
Doubt it would a good update as it's a mod. Never even heard of it.
12/05/2016 4:08 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
ChampagneJ
Add Conquest Reforged mod into vanilla.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome