What should i upgrade?

Konrad's Avatar Konrad11/29/15 12:34 pm
1 emeralds 386 7
12/2/2015 4:30 pm
CompositionC4's Avatar CompositionC4
What should i upgrade in my computer. These are my specs so far. Amd fx 8120 overclocked to 4.4 ghz nzxt phantom case sapphire 7790 oc edition 1 tb seagate hdd win10 gigabyte 990fxa ud3 rev 4 mobo(just got this). So what should i upgrade? P.S i play a lot of games like gta ac cod bf and more games and i am not going to switch to intel since i just got a new amd mobo.
Konrad
Level 16 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2015 4:30 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
CompositionC4
A 750GB SSD should be better looking at the current specs of your PC. If you can put the funds together for one, of course. If you do ever video edit or anything like that, you would want to store a lot of stuff on your SSD just for having that super-fast startup. But yeah, 500 should be fine, but if you look at it in the long run a 750 might just save that one data transfer of 500GB of files in the future, which could be painful.
12/02/2015 3:36 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
I don't really understand what Ivain is trying to say, SSDs are much more durable than HDDs since if you shake a HDD you can basically say 'bye bye' to your storage.

OP,
Upgrade your GPU, since you already have AMD drivers installed you could go for an R9 380/380x and see some extremely large performance gains in games.

Oddly you posted your case but not your power supply... you need to check your PSU can handle a GPU upgrade.

After a GPU upgrade you could then think about getting a 120GB SSD to improve desktop speeds but will not improve game frame rates.
12/02/2015 4:17 pm
Konrad
Ok i was looking at a sapphire nitro 390 8gb version graphics card and my powersupply is a evga 750w bronze 80+ should it should be enough to power the whole computer and i am also gonna but a ssd a 500gb ssd for most of my game.
12/02/2015 2:32 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Baconator
Vettexl
You could also upgrade that graphics card if you don't want to take Ivain's suggestion of an SSD over HDD upgrade.
12/01/2015 11:11 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
so lemme get this straight
AMD FX 8120 overclocked to 4.4 ghertz
(casing)
1 TB Seagate HDD
And that's where I lose track, since its just a jumble of numbers and letters.
Do you have any SSD memory yet? If you don't, get around 50-100 GB of SSD (no specific brands to recommend, use your own expertise), and store the games you play most often on there.
It will strongly increase the speed at which the games start up, since SSD is much faster than HDD. However, its also a lot more expensive (and isn't quite as durable as HDD, but I doubt it degrading after numerous decades is really that important).

Apart from that, work on other parts of your setup as well. Instead of going for more and more raw computing power, go for comfort. From what I can see you should have enough to run most games currently out up to very respectable settings.

So the next thing to do is to save up for better monitors, a high quality mouse and keyboard, maybe a controller for racing in GTA, and a better desk and desk chair. Maybe a headset as well?

Having a chair that fits your body shape perfectly is utter heaven. You won't even notice that you're sitting down anymore, just floating somewhere in front of your screen. The one I have now is good enough to sit on for hours, but its not perfect.
After I upgrade my own PC from level Scrub all the way up to Witcher 3 at high settings, that's what I'll be doing next. My desk itself is already good enough for pretty much anything, so that won't need to be done.
12/01/2015 6:43 pm
Konrad
Bump plz help.
11/30/2015 5:40 pm
Konrad
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome