What will you be doing on ANZAC Day?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW4/22/14 7:19 pm
4/23/2014 2:30 am
arlodee's Avatar arlodee
To those who don't know what ANZAC Day is:
Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served." Originally 25 April every year was to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in the Ottoman Empire during World War I.

(Thank you Wikipedia.)

I will be going to a dawn service early in the morning, then a Anzac Parade at noon.

If you are an Australian/New Zealander and you say nothing, I will be disappointed.
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/23/2014 2:30 am
Level 22 : Expert Princess
arlodee
I don't have anything planned for Anzac day and have no dawn services to attend, so I suppose i'll be playing games late.
04/22/2014 8:21 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pyro
CrespoChimp
vampirate07
AnimeFanFTW. Australia and New Zealand are the only ones who "celebrate" this day.

that's not true, Ireland does aswell, don't ask me why. I'm not sure if any other countries do though

ANZAC Day:

A-ustralia
N-ew
Z-ealand
A-rmy
C-orps

Ireland would have some sort of their own Veterans Day to commemorate their soldiers. This day though it just New Zealanders and Australians commemorating their soldiers. At least, that's what I know of it.
04/22/2014 8:11 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
vampirate07
AnimeFanFTW. Australia and New Zealand are the only ones who "celebrate" this day.

that's not true, Ireland does aswell, don't ask me why. I'm not sure if any other countries do though
04/22/2014 7:58 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
I learn something new everyday.
04/22/2014 7:55 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pyro
CrespoChimp
As a New Zealander, I'm fully aware of this day. This year, I'm away on vacation so I can't go to the main dawn service. I will do as much as I can. I guess I can fit in a minutes silence and wear the poppy.
04/22/2014 7:56 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Good to hear that.
04/22/2014 7:49 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Well, I'm not surprised you guys haven't heard of it. Australia and New Zealand are the only ones who "celebrate" this day.
04/22/2014 7:45 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Haven't heard about it till just now. Won't be doing anything special probably.
04/22/2014 7:42 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
It sounds like a good thing to do, but I'm in the US of A, so I didn't even know about it until I read this post.

I don't think I'll be doing anything, honestly.
There's probably nothing I could do.
04/22/2014 7:50 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
Eh, our Veterans Day is pretty much the same thing.
04/22/2014 7:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
I know and have known what ANZAC was but I didn't realize there was a day for it. Probably because I'm American. ANZAC also fought against Japan in WWII
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome