What is with these comment scams on PMC

MatrixGamer7810's Avatar MatrixGamer78109/29/16 4:02 pm
9/30/2016 11:18 pm
Bluecolty's Avatar Bluecolty
So when I look for a texture pack. In the comments. Someone is saying that their last pay check was money to work online and a Click here which is a scam. Be careful where you click. Cause it will give you a virus if you click on it.
MatrixGamer7810
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2016 11:18 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
Bluecolty
Dude I had someone post that on my texture pack! It was so crazy and I was so shocked someone would do that. I hadn't clicked on it but my friend NJDaeger had, and his computer picked up so many virus and malware alerts. I really wish they would stop with it, their (I guess is what it is, mine that I got was) job opportunities for a boatload of cash that's not quite practical. Lol it sounds like I wasn't the only one to get this
09/30/2016 7:43 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
megacait
Yeah I heard about the virus's sucks.
09/29/2016 8:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
Cicada
you're just dumb if you fall for one of those
09/29/2016 8:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
Zoundrev
Happen to see this when I rechecked this post. Honestly there is no need to insult people for it, and downplaying scams to people being stupid does not help address the issue and is not a productive comment. Obviously this type is simple but keep in mind younger folks have a large majority on the internet, especially on Planet Minecraft and may click them out of curiously so you can't fault them on that but simply raise awareness of such threats, and help them understand the dangers of random links and such.
09/29/2016 10:17 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
But he's not wrong.
Part of using the internet is knowing what to look out for.
09/30/2016 7:40 pm
Zoundrev
I agree, but there is a better way to respond to that. Than just saying people are dumb that is all. Internet safety is something that is learned, and it is true that is your responsibility on the internet to be careful and lookout for stuff like this, but younger internet users may not have been exposed to such education about the topic and hence fall for obvious scams and such. Which is why raising awareness about the topic is important.
09/29/2016 8:27 pm
Zoundrev
Simply don't download anything from unverified sites. Don't just click random links either. Fake websites, fake download buttons and such are very prevalent on the web and its important to pay attention to where you go for content. If you cannot find a safe site to download things from don't bother to continue scouting it out because chances are you will end up in a bad spot. Also don't torrent things either not only is it illegal, but its very dangerous for your computer and there is few ways if any to verify what you are downloading.

And as Azie said simply report those bot accounts trying to scam people out its lame but its how the internet can be.
09/29/2016 5:25 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Most viruses tend to be self-inflicted wounds caused by poor security/knowledge of the internet - I'd hope people reading this thread wouldn't need repeated reminders that suspicious click here links are bad.
09/29/2016 6:01 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Yeah, i totally agree. you just have to be smart enough to know what is fake which isn't hard if you look for the right things
09/29/2016 4:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MatrixGamer7810
I get it now. I see a bunch of name that's reveals someones real name which isn't right. They post those scams on every submissions. I really wish I don't see them. Posting scam give someone virus. That's All.
09/29/2016 4:31 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Just make sure not to respond to them and you'll be fine.
09/29/2016 4:10 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Bots. Report them when you see them either by submitting a ticket or by reporting the submission that contains the comment. Let us know in the report description that you're reporting a specific comment and the username of the person who posted it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome