What would you personally like to see in a MC server?

FrostEquipped's Avatar FrostEquipped5/29/15 2:32 am
1 emeralds 2.4k 48
6/3/2015 5:39 pm
LetsGoTrippin's Avatar LetsGoTrippin
Hey minecrafters, haven't really been on here since 2011-2012 when an old server took off, I'm trying a new approach to creating servers which involves being with the players, many servers popup out of the blue, which yes are unique. However they've done only what they enjoy, I'm looking to make things both me and players enjoy making. Made by both the staff and the players.

I'm curious as to what people would personally like to see in a minecraft server. not just features but problems with other servers (eg. staff, website etc) which you'd like to see sorted in a different server.

Thank you and have a very nice day!
Frostie
FrostEquipped
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/03/2015 1:37 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Custom website, thats atleast in the slightest unique.
06/03/2015 10:09 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
FlorendoCrafts
Well, an ideal server for me would be one that is a modded community that allows Mineshafter users to get in.
One with Ars Magica 2 and Custom NPCs.
people get to know each other and buy from each one. They could use magic and build arenas and dungeons where they could fight in.
A server where everyone can be friends, they can find love, best friends, and collaborations.
One where people can roleplay as whatever they want to be.
For example:
I would love to roleplay as a powerful wizard that lives in the forest and people would go to me so that i could teach them magic.

Or maybe, I would be a lover boy that look for girls to date so that he could find true love.

or maybe, a person that wanna be on the top to prove his worth in the community.

Something like that. I have been seeing a lot of stuff like that but it just never happens. i want it too happen but a lot thinks it sucks. Although I know a lot also thinks it's amazing.
06/03/2015 8:50 am
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
TehDansorz
I'd like to see less kids controlling them.
06/03/2015 9:49 am
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
SyntaxError73
Ha! agreed!
06/03/2015 6:27 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Blue_Banana
Well, minigames, survival, pvp etc. If you are going to make Skywars, make working loot system. Examples of bad starting stuff in Skywars:
You should NOT get Iron armor or better
No building blocks
No food
No water or ice
Water buckets instead of ice
You should get at least full leather armor

Other stuf:
Only one player on one island
Big enough islands
Islands far enough from each other

Well thats pretty much it, follow those instructions and you should have pretty good Skywars on your server
06/02/2015 9:47 pm
Level 1 : New Network
CursePVP
Honestly I love factions. It's my favorite and always will be. But I think is should go back to good old factions. There are no more old type factions servers. Where u can only TNT Cannon (NO WITHER), theres no bedrock, no crates, I would really love someone to start up CurseCraft again. Most you won't know what I'm talking about. It was in my, and many others, favorite server ever. Sadly it went down due to the person who bought it. You should try to bring it back up. If you need contact info PM me and I can tell you the people who own it's Skype. If not it was worth the try.
06/02/2015 9:35 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Drake_Ravine
Don't do Minigames.

You've got Mineplex/Hypixel/20 other big servers focusing on Mini-Games as it is. Most servers with 1-3k players regularly+ have some kinds of mini-games server on them anyway so it's really pointless.

I'd suggest combining multiple different styles of plugins together, to make one big one, go for plugins with lots of optional dependencies, and such, it will increase your chances of making a successful server.

Mine does well, although it's a Factions server (bearing in mind I switched 3 days ago roughly and the player count has drastically increased) and hasn't even been 100% finished yet. There's a lot to do, and combining different plugins to give users Ease of Access is arguably the most important feature in a Server.
06/02/2015 9:17 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Personally, a server with a moral code would be good.

The server is just one big survival world, only with a moral plugin. It would work like this:

Help out a Villager or fellow player/Defend a town/Kill monsters/Donate to server: Morality levels up

Kill a passive mob or a player/Rob a Villager/help invade a Village: Morality goes down

Morality would get you better tools and weapons than normal ones. Also, being 100% good will have very good trade deals with Villagers, and being 100% bad will result in not being assulted by hostile mobs and bad/nonexistent trade deals with Villagers.

It would be called MoralCraft.
06/03/2015 3:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Might as well call it "DonersWinCraft" with the part about donating increasing morality and then the morality giving you items. Hence, buying morality is buying items.
06/03/2015 5:39 pm
LetsGoTrippin
Oh. I forgot.

Being bad will also give you just as powerful items.
06/02/2015 5:34 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pirate
Tyrtle
Servers names that don't end with,"Craft".
06/02/2015 5:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
SyntaxError73
That and more RP. Maybe a system like MCA in a plugin, and a friendly environment.
06/02/2015 5:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Zombie
RimRot
I had an idea for a server that I would love to see come true, I personally don't have the time to make a server this complex. It would consist of two worlds, an rpg questing world and a plots style build world. when you first log in you will be in the king's castle in which you would need to talk to. He would then give you a plot "in his kingdom" and hire you to clear the world of the evil that is coming.
The plots world would be where you would build your house, but the twist is no player would be in creative it will all be done in survival mode, you will need to get resources from the quest world through quests to build your house or earn money to buy a larger plot to try and build your own castle. there would be shops in the quest world and npc's to get quests from, there would even be boss battles that would have great pay out but you would need to be in a team to defeat the boss. I know there are rpg servers out there, but honestly none have done it correctly yet. or it's to complicated to even start playing.
there is more to this idea, but I don't want to take up to much room with it, if you are interested in hearing more you can contact me.
If there is a server out there just like this someone let me know.
06/02/2015 4:59 pm
Neptune_
It would be nice if there were new MMO Games, like Wynncraft or Dungeon Realms it would be nice to see some of those...
06/02/2015 3:03 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
A community that isn't cancer. That's what I look for in a server.

That's also why I don't bother with servers anymore. As much as you can try it's difficult to keep the cancer out.
06/02/2015 4:11 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Most communities are like this, but it's all about who you get to know. Once you've been part of the community for a while, you get to know the good people, and you gain the ability to pretty much ignore everyone else.
06/02/2015 2:18 pm
Level 1 : New Network
RainBowCake_123
Something with creative and survival, not many people maybe max player cap 15, swearing allowed, caps allowed, no big cities just small homes that people have built, some staff that don't post videos on YouTube titled: "me bein lame.wmv", some staff that aren't power-abusive, selfish, etc. Just a nice server where people go along and play MC, build stuff, and mainly have fun!
06/02/2015 2:03 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Zombie
RandomColourzzzHD
Everything I want in a Minecraft server I added to my server and I still want to add more.
06/02/2015 12:37 am
FrostEquipped
BUMP
05/30/2015 2:03 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
RealSilk
I would like everyone to notice how bad of a game minecraft is.

I used to think minecraft was so good, and nothing was better, but honestly, it's trash.

PLAY STEAM GAMES.
06/02/2015 4:50 pm
LetsGoTrippin
THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL ON A FRICKIN' MINECRAFT WEBSITE?!

06/02/2015 3:02 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
99% sure he was just joking he even has his own server... so i don't think he really hates minecraft
06/02/2015 5:00 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
nikh
Lol xD Let's hope he's joking, or.... *holds up diamond sword*
05/30/2015 6:26 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Then why have a Planet Minecraft Account? xD
05/30/2015 5:43 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Tell that to the 19,669,890 people that have bought the game. It may be your opinion that the game is bad but it is not everyone else's.
05/30/2015 2:49 am
FrostEquipped
With due all respect. That is your opinion not anybody else's, You may not enjoy it but many other people do like you used to. Saying you want everyone to notice how bad a game is and TELLING them to play a different kind of game because you don't enjoy the game is wrong.

Putting it on a larger scale, it's like telling I Christian "I don't believe in god so stop worshipping him and go sell your soul to Satan.". Just one of those things 'ya know?

Either way I do sort've wonder why you're on "Planet MINECRAFT" if you dislike minecraft. Anyhow I hope you're having funs with the steam games and are enjoying your day
05/30/2015 1:50 am
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
Cjak41
Airships.
05/30/2015 1:52 am
FrostEquipped
Lack of Information.
05/29/2015 11:52 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Jgarz
Basically I would like something unique like the rest of you.

I don't mind it being an overused server type like factions if there is something else to it like an rpg aspect or something in that nature. I would also prefer if the server had a good community. .
05/29/2015 11:21 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Something unique, practical and not flawed in some primary element.

Factions, typical minigames (HG, spleef, etc), Towny, Prison the like are all so overused I can't stand joining a server using any of these without a solid spin on things.

Likewise, it needs to be practical and not critically flawed. OP servers have a start, but human nature kills the fun. You have to gimp the fun stuff because of the morons that abuse it.

The idea above sounds like gimped creative. Not something that appeals to me at all. It's like removing 90% of what makes creative what it is at the start, and then taking out things like bedrock, all while sounding like the rest is just creative that can be done in Singleplayer.
05/30/2015 1:51 am
FrostEquipped
Noted, Thank you

I've got a minigame map made and once this plugin is fixed from the developer since for some strange reason it refuses to work I'll have a Ender Games minigame, which will have a test drive and we'll see how things take off with it. Need more ideas for things however, Also I haven't seen any servers with Ender Games (game based on the book/movie) and if there are or it's overused please tell me
05/29/2015 9:20 pm
FrostEquipped
What would people think of a server, of which theres a survival and a creative plots world, However you don't have access to any blocks in the creative world until you have crafted or retrieved them in the survival world.

For example, you automatically start with grass blocks in the creative world, but to get (for example) a dirt block you'd have to dig for dirt in the survival world to unlock it, I'm thinking about doing this however need recommendations from the community (you guys) about it and have input about the idea

Any suggestions about this?
05/29/2015 7:02 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I used to love the community like servers where everyone would know each other and build towns... Too bad they are pretty much dead and I don't see them coming back considering that the majority of players just want to raid and insult each other these days.
06/02/2015 2:59 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
this. recently my favourite server (that was like this) shut down and its really sad...... i was even on top
05/29/2015 8:05 am
ElitaBuild
Thats exactly what I love. When people can come together and build really cool things like statues or cities, and its small enough so everyone knows each other but large enough to keep things interesting... I don't like large servers, they're just too crowded for me.

Veteran players teaching new people good building techniques, staff keeping us safe from rule breaking, everyone knowing each other well and getting along, the server not too small but not too large....that'd be the best server and the only server I'd play on. Its too bad that MC has been overwhelmed by teenage rebels and children who do the same just because they see other people doing it, and decide its fun and they should go with the flow. They've caused these sorts of servers to shrivel and die and make the dumb raiding/griefing ones thrive... It happens to all games in one way or another.

I remember 1.2.5, the first version of Minecraft I ever played, almost any server I went on was good. I watched them 1 by 1 fall out. Now I'm stuck on a somewhat decent but still not great server network (hypixel) while I wait for these sorts of people that ruin MC to grow up and go away.

Of course, even that won't completely happen. The sort of damage that has been caused is irreversible and can't be undone. There will always be more... What a cruel world we live in. This game can reflect real life in its situation. The outside world is like this, if not worse.
06/02/2015 4:47 pm
LetsGoTrippin
Beautiful.

Just plain beautiful.
05/29/2015 8:55 pm
FrostEquipped
Yeah I understand that, I want to try go against applications to join a server for age etc plus considering people can easily lie about it, but on getting players etc having an application just drops the playerbase by over 97%, mainly because people looking for a NEW server don't want to waste time waiting on an application to be confirmed, they just wanna get in and play. You say not to many but not to little, how much of a number would you call that? The problem with minecraft is basically just the griefing part for these kinds of things, unless you're good friends before hand and going into a server you can't really trust everyone on the server to not destroy things.. I do however really like the idea
05/29/2015 2:56 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
FrostEquippedThanks heaps for the ideas!

It's fine - glad I could help. =P Good luck with it!
05/29/2015 2:51 am
Lucy_the_Cow
FrostEquipped
Lucy_the_Cow

Something original would be cool or perhaps a twist on a common server type? (Perhaps factions, but you do not choose a faction - you are randomly put into one? Or creative, but to get certain blocks you have to unlock them in the survival world?)

I was thinking a while ago that, the way my thoughts worked however went more of an RPG type of server. I don't really see how it can work with a survival taste however, would you possibly be able to go a little more indepth?

Say, you have two worlds - A Survival and Creative. To access certain blocks in Creative, you have to unlock them in the survival world (by either crafting them or finding them). Not sure how it would work with plugins and such though.
05/29/2015 2:49 am
FrostEquipped
Lucy_the_Cow

Something original would be cool or perhaps a twist on a common server type? (Perhaps factions, but you do not choose a faction - you are randomly put into one? Or creative, but to get certain blocks you have to unlock them in the survival world?)

I was thinking a while ago that, the way my thoughts worked however went more of an RPG type of server. I don't really see how it can work with a survival taste however, would you possibly be able to go a little more indepth?
05/29/2015 2:46 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
Minecraft fox
I agree. but u know what they REALLY should have more of? MINIGAMES!!!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
05/29/2015 2:50 am
Lucy_the_Cow
o3o Minigames would be cool, if they were original and different minigames (Not just another spleef/hunger games). But having a minigame server would be hard to maintain, considering you'd start off with a low player base and need a certain ammount of players to play a game.
06/03/2015 6:39 am
Level 88 : Elite Senpai
sekwah41
What you do is build up hype, at the start at least you get a fair few people. As long as its good and you update people come back to the server.
06/02/2015 4:49 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
ValleyDew
Ever heard of Mineplex?
05/29/2015 2:53 am
FrostEquipped
Ender games minigame possibly? and a variety of course.

Also yeah I know what you mean, I've worked on 3 different servers in the past, My first one with the problem that

A. I got ripped off
and B. I didn't have enough resources

I had Survival, Creative, Hunger Games, Spleef, Mob Arena and possibly one other thing.. On release (since we only had 20 slots) we got up to 17 within 15 minutes and the server crashed, and then kept crashing and that server failed.

The other two worked well, with Minigames ofc.

Say, you have two worlds - A Survival and Creative. To access certain blocks in Creative, you have to unlock them in the survival world (by either crafting them or finding them). Not sure how it would work with plugins and such though.

Ah, yeah that could work well, I'll kind a note of that and see what happens Thanks heaps for the ideas!
05/29/2015 2:36 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
bobbiecraftstoday123
need more factions.
05/29/2015 2:43 am
Lucy_the_Cow
Please tell me you're kidding.. xD

05/29/2015 2:41 am
FrostEquipped
Dont you feel there are enough of those? considering over 70% of servers are factions.. That and with factions, or really it's the same for survival it gets over crowded and boring after a while.. Thanks for the suggestion though and if people agree with it I'll see what I can do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome