What do you guys think of this idea for a server?

ocomobock's Avatar ocomobock6/14/15 8:37 pm
1 emeralds 3.8k 52
7/9/2015 12:57 am
ocomobock's Avatar ocomobock
EDIT: For those that are interested, the server is now public. Here it is: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/s ... o-survive/

I'm posting this here because some people said they would be interested, and now I'm letting you guys check it out for yourselves.

There are a collection of spells you can collect, which help you survive in different ways. These spells are dropped from monsters in the form of books, and you can also find them in randomly generating chests. You cast the spells by writing them in a book and quill and left clicking the book.

http://bukkit.org/attachments/2015-06-1 ... png.24401/

Large dungeons generate above the ocean rarely, containing four chests which have items you wouldn't find in normal dungeons. One of the items you can find in these chests are written books which contain coordinates (in Spanish for no reason) to a random hidden underground chest. If you follow the coordinates to the chest and open it, it will contain emeralds, diamonds, and golden apples. You might also find special weapons in the chest that are extremely useful, since they are programmed to do things that normal weapons can't do.

http://bukkit.org/attachments/2015-06-1 ... png.24403/

http://bukkit.org/attachments/2015-06-1 ... png.24406/

Would any of you people play on a server like this? I plan on adding more features. I just want to make an interesting survival server for people.
ocomobock
Level 31 : Artisan Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2015 1:04 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
the hobnob
Sounds cool. What if you don't understand Spanish co-ordinates?
07/09/2015 12:57 am
ocomobock
I dunno, google translate I guess.
07/07/2015 10:56 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage
PerfectedAssassin
NEW IP COME AND JOIN : 192.254.74.94:26552
07/07/2015 10:47 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Accepted as head-moderator! or admin idk
07/07/2015 10:47 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Accepted as head-moderator! or admin idk
07/07/2015 10:45 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Hello we are recruiting betatesters for the new server that is coming up if you would like to apply here is the format.
IGN
Would you help fix bugs etc and find them?
BIO = Extra Information:
07/07/2015 10:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
starmad
1) username age: rapp2012 16
2.) Contact info Skype, curse or teamspeak: Skype raul.marroquin51
3.)What will you do for the Community?: I like to think that on all the servers that I have been staff on, I have improved the average player's experience by keeping advertisers, hackers and the like in check. And I believe I can do as I have done before, and make the server truly enjoyable to play on, as it should be. I will "keep it clean" to the best of my ability.
4.) Asking over and over for staff will get you muted: I understand that.
5.)Rate our server from 1/10: I will rate the server a 8.5 since it already has a streamer streaming on the server and it is a quite fair server for example the first kit is only enchanted armor not some crazy protection 2 armor for the start.
6.) I want to add something:I am head admin on a server called blue6768Craft (named after the owner), which I also found during 1.4. It was a small towny/survival server, with a mob arena and PvP arena. The owner came on lots, and seeing me on, helping people, he asked to interview me in a skype chat. He was impressed by my answers to his questions, and appointed me moderator. I rose through the ranks quickly, proving to be a favorite of the players. I rose from Smod to Admin to Tech Admin to Head Admin. By this time, the server sometimes had 50 people on at once, and was steadily getting more and more popular. It would have grown quite large, but then came the delightful Team Lixo, who dismembered the server.
7.) I'm online for a good 2-4 hours a day,
8.)If someone uses caps or spams tp's here is what I will do I will private message them, asking them not to continue doing whatever offence they are doing. If they continue, I will ask them to stop in public chat, then kick them to give them a warning they cannot ignore. If they continue to blatantly commit the offence, despite my warnings,If they continue for a 3d time I will give them a temporary ban for 1 hour, as a punishment for breaking the rules.

Thanks for reading my app

~Sincerely Rapp2012 aka Raul.
07/07/2015 10:24 pm
ocomobock
For those that are interested, the server is now public. Here it is: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/s ... o-survive/

I'm posting this here because some people said they would be interested, and now I'm letting you guys check it out for yourselves.
07/07/2015 9:29 pm
PerfectedAssassin
07/07/2015 8:43 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Hello and welcome to the upcoming server SpellCraft

We are recruiting future staff members for the server you will be whitelisted on the server.

In Game Name:
RealName:
Why would you like to join this server:
What rank would you like Head-Mod or lower (If the application is liked alot there is a chance you get admin)
Why do you wanna help us:
What can you do for us
Timezone:
How long can you play everyday?:
- By the server admin Mast0rPanda/PerfectedWolf
07/07/2015 12:12 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
MEZZ
Remember that these ranks have to go with the EULA for minecraft.
07/07/2015 12:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
No they don't. Legally they do, but no they don't. The top servers in the world aren't even following the EULA, why should anyone else?
Mojang isn't enforcing this so don't worry about it.
07/07/2015 12:18 pm
MEZZ
Well its always good to be safe then sorry...
07/07/2015 12:30 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
If you're in it for the profit and want to maximize your profits then there's nothing to fear. If you want to follow the EULA and minimize your profits then go ahead lol
07/03/2015 3:37 am
ocomobock
Update: I am making donator ranks, where if you donate $5 you become a Mage with access to secret spells. If you donate $10, you become a Warlock, and you have all mage spells along with unique Warlock spells, weapons, and tools. I'm not sure what someone should get if the donate more than $10, maybe moderator or something.

Here's hoping people like the server enough to donate.
07/03/2015 7:08 pm
MEZZ
I dont think donating more than $10 should get someone to moderator, the donator could abuse that power.
07/03/2015 9:00 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Mezz has a point though maybe you could do this if you donate more then 10$ you have a much better chance to get a staff member rank
07/04/2015 12:35 am
ocomobock
Yeah that would be a bad idea now that I think of it.

I will try to open the server as soon as I figure out what to add to these donator ranks... I'm open to suggestions.
07/02/2015 10:03 pm
MEZZ
In Game Name:
Why would you like to join this server: I have always had a fascination of new things and this seems to be something that would fit that category. I have been admin on a pixelmon server (shutdown do to the stupid host) so I have experience handling with certain issues.
What rank would you like Head-Mod or lower: It would be great as a Head-Mod but im fine with a normal rank of Moderator.
Why do you wanna help us: I would like to help you guys thrive with this amazing idea. I love this server idea because it doesn't use those mods where you have to constantly update and mess with the minecraft files. This is why I would like to help.
What can you do for us: I'm a pretty good leader so I will be able to lead mods and I can moderate and make sure all the members of the server are happy.
Timezone:Central timezone.
How long can you play everyday?: 3-4 hours (some days I will not sadly :/, but I will get to play everday)
07/02/2015 10:52 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Congratulations you've made the team sadly you didint become head-moderator but as you said Moderator is fine ill contact you on skype
07/02/2015 8:31 am
PerfectedAssassin
Hello timnie i couldnt find you skype i found someone in germany
and in niewolda,groningen can you contact me insteade - my skype is Pasificgaming
07/02/2015 3:22 am
newlander007
I'm really looking forward to play on your server. And if you need more staff then you can always contact me with Skype (timnieland).

I'm from the netherlands and I hope that that isn't a problem.
07/01/2015 6:03 pm
ChaseAndrew125
I'd love a server like this!
Maybe you should find a way to add wands and stuff
That would be epic!
Plus, maybe more dungeons in different areas, like the nether.

But anyways. Great server idea! When you publish it I'll join
07/01/2015 3:36 pm
Beach2517
I want to try this server out because magic plugins always interest me but i can't find the IP anywhere, could you help me out?
07/02/2015 12:59 am
ocomobock
I will give you the IP once I release the server soon.

ChaseAndrew125I'd love a server like this!
Maybe you should find a way to add wands and stuff
That would be epic!
Plus, maybe more dungeons in different areas, like the nether.

But anyways. Great server idea! When you publish it I'll join

Those are some good ideas actually, I might add those. I'll tell you once I publish it.
07/01/2015 10:40 am
PerfectedAssassin
Also if you do not have skype you have a big chance that you wont be accept
07/01/2015 10:32 am
PerfectedAssassin
Hello my name is perfectedwolf i am the Admin of the new server that is coming up me and ocom are looking for some new staff members and if you would like to apply here is the format:
In Game Name:
RealName:
Why would you like to join this server:
What rank would you like Head-Mod or lower (If the application is liked alot there is a chance you get admin)
Why do you wanna help us:
What can you do for us
Timezone:
How long can you play everyday?:
- By the server admin Mast0rPanda/PerfectedWolf
06/30/2015 10:09 pm
MEZZ
I would totally play it when it comes out. If you need staff just message me and I would love to be part of this server!
06/30/2015 11:14 pm
ocomobock
Okay great, I do need staff, but I'm currently in the process of setting it up. If you want I can let you check out the server before I make it public and I can probably let you be part of the staff.
07/01/2015 5:09 pm
MEZZ
That would be great!
06/30/2015 10:05 pm
ocomobock
The Hamachi server isn't working right now, I'm trying to fix it.
06/30/2015 9:29 pm
Scavenger__King
I'd be interested in participating in the beta test, if you still have slots available. Can I get the IP?
06/30/2015 9:26 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Network
Jack_Keeley
I think this is rather interesting, i would like to be able to help with a little bit of the development, or at least be able to test some of it

- Jack
06/30/2015 9:31 pm
ocomobock
Okay cool, I'll message you the Hamachi network if you have Hamachi. And if you want to help with the development that would be great, I can always use help developing.

Scavenger__KingI'd be interested in participating in the beta test, if you still have slots available. Can I get the IP?

Awesome, I still have slots. I'll message you the Hamachi network and IP. Thanks for your interest
06/30/2015 5:07 pm
Scavenger__King
This idea seems interesting, but I wonder how you intend to keep the server going for any length of time. After a week or so all the dungeons within reasonable distance of the spawn area(s) will have been emptied already. Will you have, say, something like a dungeoning world (multiverse, multiworld) that resets every so often? Or just leave the players to constantly expand the main world?. Will this be a player-based economy or one reliant on adminshops? Mcmmo?

I'd be interested in your response, the idea behind your server already has me hooked.
06/30/2015 8:37 pm
ocomobock
Those are some good points. New players can teleport to a random location far from the spawn, which gives them the chance to find their own dungeons. This might take up a lot of memory on the server though, because there are so many chunks being loaded from exploring the ocean. Maybe I could make them generate in other biomes too.

I haven't added an economy system or McMMO, and I can't decide if I should. I want this server to be unique, and adding plugins that every other server already has would make it a little mundane in my opinion. But players seem to complain when a server doesn't have factions, chestshop, mcmmo, or other plugins like that. So I'll probably at least add an economy plugin, and make it a player-based economy.
06/30/2015 4:08 pm
PerfectedAssassin
are you sure i didint get the message that you added me?
06/30/2015 2:49 pm
PerfectedAssassin
Ocombock instead of making the new players go far away make a level cap where only that certain player can go so very strong players can not attack them and i would like to apply for a staff member rank contact me - Skype : pasificgaming
06/30/2015 3:49 pm
ocomobock
Okay I added you on skype, and I'll consider that.
06/30/2015 2:20 pm
ocomobock
I will try to publish the server soon. I just need to get enough staff, and buy a server to host it on.
06/29/2015 9:28 am
Level 35 : Artisan Taco
korall
I would play

Plz make it
06/28/2015 10:22 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Diamond_Pro
Sounds cool. Also what's the server address?
06/28/2015 10:18 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Sounds a heck of a lot more creative than the same "Factions" that composes of 90%+ of servers today.

You have my approval.
06/28/2015 10:14 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
dukedemon22
Sounds amazing i would love to play on it
it sounds amazing do you have factions with it?
06/29/2015 2:03 am
ocomobock
I don't have that, I'm deciding whether or not I should add it. And thanks!

ArenaSnowSounds a heck of a lot more creative than the same "Factions" that composes of 90%+ of servers today.

You have my approval.

Thank you, I appreciate that!

Diamond_ProSounds cool. Also what's the server address?

I haven't published the server yet, but if you want, you can join my Hamachi server.

If anyone wants to join my Hamachi server and check it out, you can. It's not the official server though, eventually I will make it public to everyone. I also really need help getting it started if anyone wants to help.
06/28/2015 10:11 pm
ocomobock
I've added more spells, and now I made it so new players can teleport far away from the spawn. I'm trying to publish the server now..
06/16/2015 10:28 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
Cjak41
Sounds interesting.
06/16/2015 11:17 am
Level 29 : Expert Artist
nikh
The only problem would be that people would get really powerful and new players wouldn't have a chance. Otherwise, great idea
06/16/2015 9:57 pm
ocomobock
Thanks, I will try and find a way to make it more balanced. Maybe I'll have new players be teleported to somewhere far away so they can collect stuff
06/16/2015 10:12 am
ocomobock
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I should make it more appealing to everyone
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome