What do you like/dislike about the NEW Minecraft?

amenable's Avatar amenable3/22/17 5:44 pm
3/24/2017 10:58 am
striker107's Avatar striker107
Heyo, it's Amenable.

As a Minecraft PvPer, I love Minecraft. Though these recent updates for Minecraft, aren't the best..

The new Minecraft updates have eliminated the main element of PvP, which brings up the main figure update of the recent updates to Minecraft. The PvP cool down, which has broken the figure of "Jitter Clicking". Though of course, this isn't any news. These updates have been coming out for a bit now, and we are now entering the so called '2.0' Mode of Minecraft. Of course, I'm not happy with these. Sure, these new mobs are pretty cool, and these changes to Redstone are making it easier for Map Creators, to create awesome Minecraft Maps. The dual hands are awesome, not going lie. Though the PvP Cool down has brought down the PvP era. Though of course, 1.7.10 is still an option, though many servers are now eliminating support for 1.7.10, which is causing the PvP community to some what, die.

Though this is not the point of this post, the main point of this post, is to hear what the Planet Minecraft community thinks about the new updates (1.9, 1.10, 1.11,1.12).

Feel free to reply down below, what you like, and dislike, about the new updates for Minecraft. I'm very interested to hear, your all's opinions.
amenable
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/24/2017 10:58 am
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
NitwickI, for one, do not consider spam clicking to be skill. But meh. Perhaps that's just me.

I agree that it didn't require much skill at all (unless you count clicking as fast as I can, aka 35+ CPS), and the new system (to some extent) requires planning.
03/24/2017 10:54 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
When I was still staffing on minecraft, in the "1.0" era, pvp servers were some of the most obnoxious to moderate. Communities aside, no cooldown = easy macro = anyone not using the macro is immediately a sucky player when they are otherwise decent. And it's harder than it looks to identify and prove those macros are in use.

I, for one, do not consider spam clicking to be skill. But meh. Perhaps that's just me.

As a builder at heart, I don't mind the new updates, but I've moved away from vanilla building and as such don't really care about the new updates one way or another. It would be nice if they were released in more complete packages so servers aren't spread across 3 or more versions at a time, like the period with 1.11/1.10/1.9x.
03/24/2017 9:33 am
Level 30 : Artisan Archer
Gen0ezteam
A bit late on this, the new combat system is terrible for multiplayer since players that lag suffer way more, if their hit doesn't register, well then tough luck, but it's still a crummy system. The thing that made Minecraft back in the day, and old schoolers(people from 09-2011 -2012) like myself and others will know that multiplayer servers with gamemodes like Survival Games, Hunger Games, spleef, ect ect, were the best elements. I still remember spleef on skitscapes server, if you won you got teleported to a room where all the winners go, and you got to look down on everyone from above, and people would try to get up there, meanwhile you had to win in order to get there, haha, good times. I'm sorry to say but these days everything is dull, Minecraft is a dull game in my opinion now. If you find it fun, well that's your opinion and I respect that.
03/24/2017 8:47 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
New Minecraft is awesome. Fixed combat, more blocks, more mobs, and just more features. What isn't there to like?
03/23/2017 10:06 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
amenableThe new Minecraft updates have eliminated the main element of PvP, which brings up the main figure update of the recent updates to Minecraft. The PvP cool down, which has broken the figure of "Jitter Clicking".

Not sure if you can call "Jitter Clicking" an actual element of PvP. Combat systems consisting of nothing but button mashing/spam clicking are usually considered low quality since there's not really any effort or skill involved.

Still though, I can see why it may be annoying for someone to learn a new system and I think it might have pissed off fewer people if it had been added as a different gamemode or toggle, but overall I like it.

As far as the updates go overall, I don't think I've seen an addition that I didn't like. I never understood people who get mad when a game regularly has completely free updates and expansions

The only thing I can say I haven't enjoyed throughout the updates was the constant tinkering with minor redstone functions when they were still optimizing the entire system a few years back since one tiny change could easily mess up massive complex machines and everything would have to be redesigned every new version, but luckily it seems like they've finally finished messing with that.
Unfortunately now they're starting to mess with command format which means command blocks have to be reprogrammed every version or two.

On another note:
amenableand we are now entering the so called '2.0' Mode of Minecraft.

Don't really think any of the changes over the last few updates have been major enough to really call it a completely new Minecraft.
03/23/2017 7:34 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I've been here for a while and I don't really care what version I play, but that being said, I do slightly prefer the newer versions for the new feel I get from it each update. And occasionally I play a modpack when I want to (mostly OCD).

And the new PvP system doesn't bother me, so I'll try to intermediate if any argument/petty squabble that may occur.

Respectfully Striker107
03/23/2017 7:13 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
CaptainEvstike
In 1.9+, you still spam click. If you didn't you would be the slowest attacker, and die. Spam clicking just doesn't do as much damage. There really isn't too much difference in the player's style of PvP. How do you kill someone, you don't hit every few seconds to do a lot of damage, but be killed before you can kill your opponent. You spam click until you kill them. It just doesn't do the same amount of damage every hit now.
03/23/2017 7:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
garbage collection and java arguments
the garbage collection thing that just kills the game for like 10 seconds atleast.... the worst lag i remember from like beta minecraft was making alot of sand fall.... or opening the f3 screen but...

basicly the garbage collection dumping thing happens i think almost always because the allocated memory says like 5900/5900 and then 15 second lag spike and then says 4000/5900 or whatever... btw this is on the Foolcraft modpack... which you cant use optifine thanks to shaders and malisis doors affecting... shaders.... is there a optifine only optifine?

btw the garbage collection thing is apperently because of the way mojang set up some of the code.... so basicly 1.8+ is like 200mb/s or something while in beta it was 10mb/s or whatever? so mojang basicly just needs to like refine the code into a less frame death way.... i think it was how much it needed to dump when it hit the max.... 200 isnt possible within 10 milliseconds while 10 was....

ive messaged the optifine people about this (which let me find where the youtube subscriptions emails went... but i want it to email not gmail) and on twitter tweeted at them though likely im gonna get something on their website as a response since it seems like its a bot responding.... but usually these are in some way useful but dont think theres anything public about java arguments and going way into what they do.... like -client crashes...

ima put this into a spoiler.... cause i basicly never shut up lol
03/23/2017 6:49 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
Conn6orsuper117
I always hated the new updates as they add too much and stray away from the minecraft feel. I've always played on 1.6 since 1.7 came out but as I stay the harder it is to find maps.
Its always harder for modders to create mods as well because of the new updates and its really sad that mod such as the McCrayfish's Construction mod & the Rediscover mod is never updated because of the updates being too frequent.
Mods are becoming too scarce now. Where's Mojangs Mojo?

And its what? 1.12 now? and its owned by microsoft now (the 2nd biggest money grabbing company besides activision) Wheres my Holo-lens, wheres Controller Support without mods?
03/23/2017 6:37 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Presidente
We must not be afraid to go forward, to react to updates.

03/23/2017 12:10 am
Level 1 : New Miner
lunchboxxx19
I like the new attack cool down. Forces these amatuer pvp players to quit their spam clicking and actually fight

What i dont like is llamas, what a waste of bloody time they are. Cant control them, no drops whatsoever and their inventory is what 3 spaces? Despite having to put a chest on them

Then we have a polar bear that occasionally drops a fish and thats it. At least they did alright with the evil villager guy whos name ive forgotten

What id love to see though is a decent farming update
03/22/2017 11:52 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Fish
EmbarassingOldAccount
I like Minecraft, and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The changes are fine and are fair play. Though I can see why someone who devotes themselves to one type of play style would find issues with it. But me as a builder who plays almost only on singleplayer, I think it's fine.

Also a note to all people who want back the "good old days" I encourage you to actually isolate yourself to only play on versions below 1.2 release for at least a week.. I don't think you'll enjoy the memory leaks, the framerate spikes, the old terrain generator, the lack of foilage, the (newly removed) hunger system, the world breaking glitches, the list goes on.

However, I've noticed a trend Mojang is following which they were pressured into by the community where they make their updates as big as possible before the community starts complaining about the game not being developed. I don't think it's a good thing to pump out such huge changes altogether, it would be better if they added things as they go so they can get more feedback which they hardly listen to anyways
03/22/2017 11:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
I don't really care to be honest about the new updates, doesn't really matter for me ever what they add. I'll just be like, cool. Then I'll not worry about it afterwards.

P.S Watch out for the people who bash you for your opinion on the new pvp
03/22/2017 10:29 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc792389
[deleted]
03/22/2017 8:53 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Presidente
what is the problem with the pvp cooldown? you can still attack and kill other players, don't you?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome