What do you like to see most in servers?

SPEngineers's Avatar SPEngineers6/26/16 5:06 pm
6/27/2016 11:16 am
SPEngineers's Avatar SPEngineers
Hello Everyone!

I am preparing to launch my own server in a few days, and while making sure everything is ready to be launched I thought of these questions:

What types of servers people enjoy most? Also what are the aspects of a good server?

So I thought to come here and get feedback from you all, please answer along the lines of.

What is your favorite server type?
Why did you pick this server type?
What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server?

Also feel free to discuss what makes a server a bad server, all opinions should be accepted and considered.

With that, thank you for posting!
SPEngineers
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/27/2016 3:46 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Tyr
What is your favorite server type?: Drug craft with faction!

Why did you pick this server type?: It's fun because it takes a simple Minecraft aspect and turns it into a awesome roleplay/pvp experience. It's fun to raid each others farms and form gangs and to talk to other people as if you were to crime bosses negotiating or etc. I just love it!

What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server?: The staff HAS to be interact with players! I also think players should be able to "fightback" against staff. Sometimes staff screw over players just because they don't like them, just keep your staff trustworthy and etc.

Hoped this helped you!
06/27/2016 2:25 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Toast
Tahliacat
Hiiii.
Well My fav server type is Kitpvp, it's only my favourite because im just a big fan of pvp. I usually like an original unique server that isn't one of the norms like skyblock, factions, survival, creative ect ect. These days people have way too many servers with only those games and it's quite boring :/ Alsooo please dont make it a pay to win sorta server where the only way to get stronger is paying for a rank because those servers suck . You should also have a bunch of staff to ban hackers and stuff and you should have staff from different timezones also because most hackers come when no staff is on but make sure they are trustworthy.
06/27/2016 11:16 am
SPEngineers
Firstly, thank you for the input.

But, there was one point I wanted to address. The point of having staff in different time zones. In theory, this does sound amazing, but I ran a server before where I did just that. It was a very rough experience managing people.

Because of this, I plan to manage my server alone. I want to say for people that plan to manage a server alone, it isn't that hard to do alone. You just need to have a good anti-cheat system (I recommend No Cheat Plus) and a way for players to reach you when offline, such as through email.

-SPEngineers
06/27/2016 1:36 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
What is your favorite server type? Minigames
Why did you pick this server type? They are the most fun and the most unlike survival MC.
What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server? How it is made. You don't need plugins however if you want some, make sure they work. The same with any command and structure blocks you place. And also make it strict. Harsh punishments for rule breakers.
06/27/2016 1:23 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Marthellio
What is your favorite server type? RPG/Survivial
Why did you pick this server type? Friendly and complex enough to filter out the faction kiddies.
What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server? No raiding and griefing! This is a excellent rule to enforce and it brings out the positive things in minecraft.

~Marthellio
06/27/2016 11:08 am
SPEngineers
Firstly, thank you for the input.

You and I share very similar points but, just for the sake of discussion, I'd like to challenge one thought that you had.

"No raiding and Griefing" because it "Brings out the positive things in minecraft".

The griefing part I can get behind full force. Griefing is what makes online play tiresome having something you worked hard on destroyed beyond repair.

Now the raiding part. Raiding also sparks creativity because, it is a skill to properly learn. In my personal opinion, raiding makes the game more connecting emotion wise.

When I was raided on any server time after time, it sparked a feeling of hatred for others, or when helped by them it sparked actual feelings of happiness. I think it is things like this that would make players a bit more connected on emotional levels.

Sorry for the monologue that was probably a bore to read but, just my thoughts

-SPEngineers
06/27/2016 12:39 am
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
What is your favorite server type?
Minigame servers, like Hypixel, Mineplex etc. Or big, open world survival worlds with added elements like The Blocking Dead.

Why did you pick this server type?
I just found them. And I liked them.

What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server?
Have good moderators, be tough on cheaters and hackers, keep it clean, kid friendly, and just fun.
06/27/2016 12:14 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
Mazzoni
I think as long as the community is great,
the gameplay will be fun,
whatever the game.

kind regards,
nuclear_kid
06/26/2016 10:09 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
As long as there are unique, original, and well made gamemodes I will like it. That is why I like servers such as Mineplex, Hypixel, Hive, CubeKrowd etc
06/26/2016 9:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
What is your favorite server type? Anything that's professionally made and quick/fun to play.

Why did you pick this server type? Just told you above xD

What are some essential rules and aspects of a server, that make it a good server? You may want to keep the server child friendly to attract lots of people. Also if you have a server without griefing, you may want to mention that in your rules obviously.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome