What do you like in the Fnaf series?

Dudamesh's Avatar Dudamesh6/26/15 10:30 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 47
9/2/2015 4:05 am
enderman65's Avatar enderman65
What do you like in the Fnaf series?

like some of you, also hated Fnaf once, but after seeing Markiplier play it, it seems good.

however, I only played Fnaf 3 since the others seem harder than the rest (Like Dark souls 1 and 2, Bloodborne is far easier)

I found out that the Story was actually quite interesting, and the gamplay is exciting.

I want to know what you like in the Fnaf series, if you are just here to post a bad opinion for the game. please use the above Poll.
Dudamesh
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2015 4:05 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
enderman65
i like the fact that it a horror/indie game that actually is relateable to real life. for instance, sometimes when i would look at Chuck E. from chuck e cheeses i would be a little freaked out, not to the point of flipping out or anything, just to the point where it is like, im glad im here in the daytime with the lights on. ya know, and it is a genre of fear that is rarely used, that being the fear of, i believe it is robots that look and sound like humans. something along those lines. and the fourth game is amazing, haven't played it, but ive seen it on youtube a little. firstly, for once i actually am truly afraid of the animatronics. secondly, amazing graphics. thirdly, great setting. FNAF4life
09/01/2015 7:08 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Loremaster
Spectral
I actually kind of like the game, story plot gameplay and all of it. The only thing is that some people just overreact to it, sooo many fans just overreacting to a small game. I agree that it is fun, but the 2nd and 3rd ones were poorly made. Originally, they said they were gonna take like a year or something till it came out, but it came 11 months earlier. They rush the making of the game too much. Also, the jumpscares in the 3rd and 2nd ones weren't that good. Sure the appearance was sudden and stuff but the animatronics were moving slower (ex: springtrap suddenly appearing, but moving towards you "slowly") In the 1st one, they were sudden and what made it scarier and also kinda funny/creepy was that their hands and their heads were shaking alll over the place. The slow version was more realistic but decreased the fun of it all
09/01/2015 4:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Drzzter
AnimeFanFTW
Drzzter

It's not 'because it has this thing, it copies off this thing'. It's the fact that FNAF's characters are based on someone else's unique character idea.

My main problem with the game is the fact that Chuck E. Cheeses should be suing the hell out of Scott Cawthon. They're both pizza joints with singing robot animals that perform on stages to the amusement of small children, many of the robot animals look almost identical to Chuck E. Cheeses characters.

If I went and made a horror game inspired by McDonalds and made the logo a golden 'm', gave all the employees red and white uniforms then made the player sit behind a desk and close doors on the employees' faces you wouldn't call the game unique.

Maybe if Scott went and made some original, memorable characters I wouldn't detest the series as much as I do. When you recolour and edit someone else's creations and call them your own, it makes me want to throw up.

So now you're saying "Because it is set in a fast food place, a real fast food place should sue Scott"

That would be like saying NASA suing Star Wars, because Star Wars is set in space.

No, I'm saying because it takes place in a pizza place aimed at children named after the animatronic that sings on stage, with animatronics that look just like Chuck E. Cheeses characters, they should be sued.

Also trying to convince a FNAF fan that their game is a ripoff is like talking to a brick wall. //inb4 mod intervention

Ok, I don't really have an opinion on FNaF, ok, but I do know Fair Use laws (At least in the US) pretty well.

It's a Parody of Chuck E Cheese. Parodies fall under Fair Use law, thus, Chuck E Cheese can't win that fight.

If they do, something's wrong with the law,
09/01/2015 3:11 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
EmeraldEclipseYou dislike the fnaf series? Okay, that's fine by me but its not really ripping off anyone.

This. This all the way.
09/01/2015 3:06 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
So only Chuck E Cheese can have pizza and animatronics? That's like saying only one person can have brunette hair that is also braided. You dislike the fnaf series? Okay, that's fine by me but its not really ripping off anyone.
09/02/2015 3:53 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
This person speaks the truth!
08/29/2015 6:17 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Drzzter
No, I'm saying because it takes place in a pizza place aimed at children named after the animatronic that sings on stage, with animatronics that look just like Chuck E. Cheeses characters, they should be sued.

Also trying to convince a FNAF fan that their game is a ripoff is like talking to a brick wall. //inb4 mod intervention

All that means is that it's a parody to Chuck E Cheese.
That alone, doesn't warrant the series getting sued.
08/29/2015 6:11 pmhistory
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
08/29/2015 6:09 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Drzzter
AnimeFanFTW
Going by that logic, all forms of media are not original, because you've basically said "Because it has this thing, it copies off this thing."

It's not 'because it has this thing, it copies off this thing'. It's the fact that FNAF's characters are based on someone else's unique character idea.

My main problem with the game is the fact that Chuck E. Cheeses should be suing the hell out of Scott Cawthon. They're both pizza joints with singing robot animals that perform on stages to the amusement of small children, many of the robot animals look almost identical to Chuck E. Cheeses characters.

If I went and made a horror game inspired by McDonalds and made the logo a golden 'm', gave all the employees red and white uniforms then made the player sit behind a desk and close doors on the employees' faces you wouldn't call the game unique.

Maybe if Scott went and made some original, memorable characters I wouldn't detest the series as much as I do. When you recolour and edit someone else's creations and call them your own, it makes me want to throw up.

So now you're saying "Because it is set in a fast food place, a real fast food place should sue Scott"

That would be like saying NASA should sue Star Wars, because Star Wars is set in space.
08/29/2015 6:02 pmhistory
Drzzter
08/29/2015 5:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
I like Waffles...
08/29/2015 5:27 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Fox
Jordanw5432
I like trains
08/29/2015 2:38 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Gealx3
I like what Scott did with you fourth game though. The need to listen to very quiet noises is high, once you do something wrong you'll get blasted with sound and an image you really weren't expecting. But it's not like they're jump scares, it's really more like a stronger startle once you get used to it.
08/29/2015 2:17 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Ghei
1'st game was pretty good
2'nd game was alright
3'rd game wasn't needed
4'th game wasn't needed

This series needs to die
08/29/2015 2:03 pm
Level 47 : Master uwu
Joseph
I like absolutely nothing about it.
In fact, I'll go as far to say I hate the darn game.
08/29/2015 1:11 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
I would say I like the story, but it's not really a part of the game. I dislike everything about the games besides the first, because it was actually an okay game then. The characters are reasonably generic at this point, it pushes all of its scare factor onto jumpscares, and mainly only got popular because of famous youtubers screaming at their screen.

Now, back to the point. The story isn't really Scott's creation. I personally do like the story, but the first game's hints to the story were really just small atmospheric touches. The whole reason there is a "story" is because of the community, mainly GameTheorists, building it up with so called clues. Scott took notice of this and started trying to make an actual story to it (Kinda failed doing it though), but just mainly relies on the fans trying to make sense of animal machines jumping out at them and emitting a loud screech.
08/29/2015 12:56 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
I have tried Fnaf, and while I like the stuff the fans produce (stories, art and music, ESPECIALLY music). I just didn't like the game all that much. I could see why others like it, it just wasn't for me.

It is also rather terrifying, something which doesn't go well with my Anxiety and general chicken-ness.
08/29/2015 12:02 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
I only play it for the story. I mean, FNaF1 was pretty fun for me, but the recipe is getting kinda boring.

I can honestly say in my opinion that FNaF4 has the worst storyline and I'm just so used to the other games that it doesn't really scare me. So FNaF4 was pretty bad for me.
08/29/2015 11:55 am
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
loverboy
KingRex35One kid at my school said there was a Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria in real life from Google Maps. I told him that it was an easter egg or joke. He said, "No a Youtube video said it was real so it must be real!"

There was an incident about people typing in a bunch of 8's and 7's into Google Maps and a real pizzeria came up. It's not FREDDY FAZBEAR'S PIZZA though, but people went crazy...
08/29/2015 11:53 am
Jordanw5432
I liked the fact that there's finally an original horror game that I can enjoy =\
08/29/2015 3:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Erm, I beg to differ.

I'll give the first game orginality, that's for sure. But anything after that is just a mere cashgrab. The second and third games had little to no new content in them. And I am hoping all the sweating, fat nerds will focus thier attention on something else after the last game is fully released.
08/29/2015 3:45 pm
Jordanw5432
The last game is already fully released =\
08/29/2015 12:07 pmhistory
Drzzter
snip
08/29/2015 5:49 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I disagree only slightly.
Hating jumpscares is fine, I do think jumpscares is the worst form of Horror. However, no matter what anyone says about FNAF, the fact remains that the gameplay is quite unique. It just seems old now because of overexposure and sequels released very quickly.

Drzzter
Robot animals aren't really original IMHO.

Going by that logic, all forms of media are not original, because you've basically said "Because it has this thing, it copies off this thing."
08/29/2015 12:11 pm
loverboy
It's actually pretty original. Where else have you heard of a game like this?
And you are VERY wrong in saying that it has no story...
08/29/2015 1:59 pmhistory
Drzzter
09/01/2015 7:41 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
What do you mean not a decent story/atmosphere?
The plot was intentionally ambiguous to add to the fear of the unknown factor. It originally centered around not only a bite but animatronics coming to life, some mysterious golden phantom, and the death of the phone guy with a rather interesting personality. It was built to be simple down to its core, but that didn't hurt the atmosphere at all. Did you ever even play these games? You hear footsteps, creaking floors, evil laughter, running, flashlight/door sounds, and mysterious scrambled sounds. Basically, every sound has some sort of indication of what is going on in the halls. Later games built on the few things we actually know and introduced the murdered children ghosts plus a murderer in general. They added new and not reused animatronics in every game. Getting back to the plot...I mean, watch the game theorists youtube channel. That stuff is pretty deep.
08/29/2015 11:56 am
loverboy
^^^^
08/29/2015 11:43 am
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
NOTHING.
08/29/2015 6:27 am
Dudamesh
btw guys have you played FNAF 4?

btw this is a bump
>There was a zoo
>The zoo only had one animal
>It was a Shitzu
08/29/2015 6:37 am
AnimeFanFTW
I thought the opposite, I think FNAF 4 was a good way to end the series. It still kept its gameplay, yet brought some new stuff to the table. I also think the character models for the animatronics were legit very well made.

It still suffers from jumpscares getting old really fast tho.
07/08/2015 7:15 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
I kinda wanna play it to see how long I can stand it
07/03/2015 5:25 am
Level 30 : Artisan Goblin
Adyxia
The gameplay's entertaining for an hour or so, but after that it just gets boring.
I bought and played FNaF 1 and 2, but didn't bother with the third because he released it too close to the second, and it just looked boring.
The jumpscares are 'fun' - let me rephrase that to scary - until you've seen them a dozen times and know that they're coming. Like seriously, what was with those terrible ghost jumpscares in FNaF 3? They weren't even scary to begin with...
And, I'll admit, the story does have a lot of depth and mystery, but 90% of the FNaF community probably knows the story from the 'Game Theorist' or someone else on YouTube. I know that's certainly where I learned most of my understanding of it.
Honestly, I think it would've been better to just end the series with the third game and make it a trilogy. I like that he's left a decent gap between FNaF 3 and FNaF 4, but what annoys me is that he announced it so early. It's as if he's afraid the hype and love for the series will die down if he doesn't feed the community spoilers.
The best thing(s) that came from the FNaF series were the songs from 'The Living Tombstone', but even he said he's not going to bother with a song for the fourth game.
Oh, and let's not forgot the FNaF movie...
... yay.
07/03/2015 4:44 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
afk_doctor
The storyline! i like the detail scott put into it A+++!
07/03/2015 4:14 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Honestly? Everything about game #1 with the exception of the fan base.

But buying #2 was a mistake.
07/03/2015 4:05 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
PajamaJams
I mean, they made like 5 FNAFs (FNAF fans don't swarm and correct me). So, 5 or 6 games just full of cheap jumpscares.

1st time: "Whoa crap that was good!"
2nd time: "Aw jeez."
3rd time: "Screw this."
06/27/2015 1:18 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
MrPifflesIV
If you don't like the game why would you play it for "fun", that means you would like it...
07/03/2015 3:44 am
Dudamesh
that's not what I meant. I only wanted the Story. The Phone Guy was basically the Story-teller in the game, I liked understanding the Story and reading Theories about it. however I don't enjoy the gameplay that much.
06/27/2015 1:28 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
Just because a game is fun to play doesn't necessarily mean you like it. It could be that they play it to be ironic or to make fun of it.
06/26/2015 11:14 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
CobeX7897People find it scary because they are more susceptible to the pressure and uncertainty atmospheric horror produces. This makes them extremely tense, even if they know what's going to happen. Then the jump-scare happens and they -snip- themselves, even though they know what's coming and are prepared for it.

^^^ Me right there.
I don't play the games (I have only played the first one a few times and chickened out), but the story and theories behind it are really interesting. I also like the characters. c:
06/26/2015 11:11 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Its different, it was a good game at the beginning, but not a lot of new stuff came, I now mostly stay for the story and the mystery that the game has, Scott Cawthawn is not the best game developer, but he does do a very good job at making and somewhat hiding that story, but the community that came was not that great, plus with a new game coming every two months it seems. I am glad the fourth and final one is taking almost 3/4 of a year to come out, and hopefully it will be different from the rest.
06/26/2015 11:03 pm
Level 46 : Master Lad
Siilan
KingRex35
CobeX7897
KingRex35Imo gameplay is boring. Just sitting on your butt waiting for a 'scary,' cheap, and cliche jumpscare. It is only really scary the first two times, then it is just boring. (I find it funny lol) I don't see how other people find it scary.

Theory: Youtubers act scared to rack up views.

People find it scary because they are more susceptible to the pressure and uncertainty atmospheric horror produces. This makes them extremely tense, even if they know what's going to happen. Then the jump-scare happens and they -snip- themselves, even though they know what's coming and are prepared for it.

Thanks for explaining it rather then getting into a flame war lol. Didn't know that because I don't experience that. But still, I don't get scared of them anymore.

I can see why people don't get scared, but I'm one of the people that suck when it comes to horror, especially atmosphere and anticipation.
06/26/2015 10:50 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Gameplay... sucks...
06/26/2015 10:49 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
CobeX7897
KingRex35Imo gameplay is boring. Just sitting on your butt waiting for a 'scary,' cheap, and cliche jumpscare. It is only really scary the first two times, then it is just boring. (I find it funny lol) I don't see how other people find it scary.

People find it scary because they are more susceptible to the pressure and uncertainty atmospheric horror produces. This makes them extremely tense, even if they know what's going to happen. Then the jump-scare happens and they -snip- themselves, even though they know what's coming and are prepared for it.

Thanks for explaining it rather then getting into a flame war lol. Didn't know that because I don't experience that. But still, I don't get scared of them anymore.
06/26/2015 10:42 pm
Level 46 : Master Lad
Siilan

06/26/2015 10:39 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I like the vague story and gameplay. Quite unique.

What I don't like is the jumpscares. They lose their shock factor after seeing it hundreds of times.
06/26/2015 10:37 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
Imo gameplay is boring. Just sitting on your butt waiting for a 'scary,' cheap, and cliche jumpscare. It is only really scary the first two times, then it is just boring. (I find it funny lol) I don't see how other people find it scary.

Edit: I really like all the theories on the story, but everyone at my school can't shut up. Oh my god, did you hear about (FNAF topic?) Did you know about (FNAF topic?) All of them just repeating the same thing any saying it gave them 'nightmares.' One kid at my school said there was a Freddy Fazbear Pizzeria in real life from Google Maps. I told him that it was an easter egg or joke. He said, "No a Youtube video said it was real so it must be real!"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome