What is your build strategy?

Aventius's Avatar Aventius10/24/14 9:24 pm
1 emeralds 167 7
10/24/2014 10:48 pm
DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer
Hey guys I am interested to see in what your building strategy is for
projects, like what you like to do first, be interesting to know and if you know
any efficient ways of doing certain builds please share!
Aventius
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/24/2014 10:48 pm
Level 84 : Elite Pegasus
DreamWanderer
I usually start at a reasonable spot on a build, which is usually the main or biggest part of a build or just the outline.Or with my most recent modern builds i do my research for specifications and dimensions of the thing i want to build and convert the measurements to meters (if needed) and build a outline to those measurements, while using a image of the object for reference. Tho the way i build really varies on what i am building
10/24/2014 10:34 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Skinner
Inudragon
I usually start with corner markers (I use glowstone) and when they're even, or at a good position, I build the foundation, then fill it in. Then I Make the floors, roof, and rooms. The I just make them look nice and purty
10/24/2014 9:47 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
I hire people to build stuff.
10/24/2014 10:30 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
Roseora
^^^ That also works.

I just sort of roll woth it, for larger builds I sometimes mark it out, I used to use sponge but I realised in 1.8 while starting to build an underwater castle that it wasnt a good idea... So any block I dont build with I use as a marker, for distancing and plans and stuff before I come to it, so I can concentrate onbuilding fast rather than what its going to look like.

Then when the main structure is done, I go in and add details, like windows and stuff.
10/24/2014 9:44 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1534946
[deleted]
10/24/2014 9:41 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
RoseOfShi
I kinda just roll with it. If something looks bad I replace with another block until I'm satisfied.
10/24/2014 9:38 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
aboveordinary
I go into creative and then test out ideas in the small scale until I find a build pallette that I like. I then take it and start scaling up the builds until I have a size that I like. I then take it and put it into my world with some final edits.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome