What's your idea of the best server ever?!

jayman340's Avatar jayman3407/28/16 5:29 pm
7/31/2016 3:25 am
Lachie1770's Avatar Lachie1770
Comment down below what you look for in a server, what turns you away, what you first look for when you join, anything that adds fun for you, what content the server likes best, the server age group or rules (Like swearing allowed or dis-allowed), and what staff members you like to see on servers (For exapmle, active / on all day / responsive, etc.)

I am using this as an analysis on my server after seeing another thread, so hopefully server owners can take note of the replies / comments below this post to help them be a successful server, because that's what I hope to learn from this.

I've been collecting and analyzing what the players want, and I got it all here. Feel free to comment what you like and it'll be added onto this list!

- A Plug.dj room for the server

- A plugin which lets players make their own shops (Possibly a buy-able /setwarp)

- Competition

- A good community, friendly players were everyone knows everyone, no one is shamed for making mistakes.

- Economy

- An external way of chat (Discord group / Skype)

- Warnings before punishments, as rule breaking might be on accident.

- A server where everyone can be themselves, a server that fits all play-styles.

- Events, like adventures or other fun things; Drop parties, maybe.

- Not an over-used gamemode, like factions or prison, unless you have a good-custom style idea no one else has used; not a theme like medieval, custom plugins and custom experiences no other prison server has. This being said, a much better alternative would be to make a lesser-known gamemode server, such as survival or skyblock.
jayman340
Level 22 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/31/2016 3:25 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
jtrent238
jayman340I see, well theres always modpacks.

True, but then there's the people who think the TechnicLauncher is out to steal your credit card information. (Example, they thing it might take your account, etc.)

You could use my launcher but they prob think the same thing about it.[/quote]

Nah The people who say that about technic are FTB fan boys lol. Cause How can ANY minecraft launcher steal ur credit card information...
07/31/2016 1:09 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Wasteland survival. No grass, trees are rare and have no leaves. Saplings and wood are a valuable comodity. So is water. No oceans. Pvp is off except in city zones which are generated randomly with huge buildings and sewers for players to explore for items. Economy necessary. McMMO or a similar skill system is nice. Works well with zombie apocalypse plugins where there are night hordes and zombies are stronger.

A lot of people say "so like MineZ?" when I pitch this. No, not like MineZ. This wouldn't be an adventure mode server and there'd be a much greater focus on cooperative play and players building strongholds in one place.
07/31/2016 1:23 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
and maybe something like allies?
07/30/2016 5:52 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
I'd really like to see more custom maps on survival servers as opposed to the vanilla map generation. This may not work well with servers that need really large maps, but there might exist a plugin that makes world generation different. Vanilla trees and landscapes are really overused and honestly don't look that great.
07/30/2016 9:37 am
Level 24 : Expert Prince
Govindas
My server has almost everything from the list, still no players.
07/30/2016 4:57 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Engineer
hmmcrunchy
That's the super hard part - advertising it :/
07/30/2016 6:41 am
Level 1 : New Miner
sundae22yo
My favorite server closed down due to budgetary restrictions, but the demo of it is still up. It's a minigame server with a twist. There are about fifty maps with one of several main goals - destroy the monument (you need the break the allotted obsidian), destroy the core (you need to break the correct obsidian so lava flows out of the core), team death match (kill as many opposing players as you can), capture the point (pretty self-explanatory), capture the wool (where you cross to the other team's side, grab their wool, and bring it back to your side), destroy the nova (you click an end crystal a certain number of times until it explodes), and detonate the bomb, where you detonate the bomb. During all of these challenges, your pvp skills are put to the test, as well as your strategic skills. The ip is krato.us but, as it is a demo, you can't speak and hackers sometimes play. A server that opened when this one closed, actionpvpr.com, is currently whitelisted, but check out it's website for more details: http://actionpvpr.enjin.com/
07/30/2016 6:30 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I love mini-games, I sometimes play KitPvP and when I don't anything better to do, Prison is rather fun, I guess. I'm not a big fan of Factions, Towny, Economy etc. because the insane use of time (for that reason I don't play much Prison either). Other than that, I like a respected server that looks nice and everything.

Oh, I also really like Creative servers.

That's pretty much it.
07/30/2016 5:36 am
Level 42 : Master Dragon
Wyvern
Small. 10 - 30 Players
Minigames Only
Fair rank up system
12 select minigames or so
Fun cosmetics
Active, Fun, Mature staff
Kind players
Rank up perks
no pay to win

Sounds about right.
Too good to be true though
07/29/2016 8:30 am
Lolman1940
I agree with most points. I think my server (An MMO in minecraft that is completely vanilla and involves dungeons that I made myself, as well as custom loot drops and loot tables.) is the only type of server like this out there. So yeah ;v
07/29/2016 8:07 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
maybe something related to kingdom building with pre-built castles that you can upgrade?
07/29/2016 8:19 am
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
long time ago I have a server idea that sounds like that. It is a kind of server using prison mechanic but you collect stuffs to build the kingdom and protect yourself from overpower mobs outside instead 'surviving' at a prison. Then after you contribute enough to the kingdom, you can pave a road to venture out and stake a land that use same mechanic (but you are the mayor instead, and could be king one day). The idea never realized since it is sole person idea x) .. (since I wrote this in public, anyone feel free to use this, maybe let me know when such server exist so we can play together)
07/30/2016 3:10 am
hmmcrunchy
Hey that's sort of what we are try to build at byte!

We have town ships and provinces, protected towns you can join and live in, then if you want to venture in to wilderness once you have enough money you can start your own town, and even tune that into a nation that other towns can join

We use towny so as more people join your town your rank increases in you nation until you are king of your nations

I love the prebuilt idea I'm looking into the option being able to buy prebuilt building Lcs so you can upgrade or add to your town easily as you expand
07/29/2016 6:26 am
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
Too big spawn with no idea how to get to play and what kind of play I can have in that server confuses me.

I tend to be attached on rpg servers, but I hate pvp servers unless I get the chance to be the first members (so I dont have to be that girl in leather armor massacred by a bunch of diamond armored players).
07/29/2016 2:02 am
jayman340
I see, well theres always modpacks.[/quote]

True, but then there's the people who think the TechnicLauncher is out to steal your credit card information. (Example, they thing it might take your account, etc.)
07/28/2016 10:05 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Chazii
Anarchy
07/28/2016 10:20 pm
jayman340
All the way
07/28/2016 10:03 pm
Nathan16867
Is this server on the PC?
07/28/2016 10:19 pm
jayman340
Yes, all server tips here apply to PC servers. That one that other person previously posted was a PC server.
07/28/2016 9:13 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
boppermal_zoe
I've always wanted an economy server with a great community! Everybody knows everybody, newcomers are welcomed, no one is shamed for mistakes/accidentally breaking a rule/etc. Basically just a server where everyone could be themselves, and have fun adventures together! I'm currently in the process of trying to produce my dream MC server. It's extremely new and I'm still learning, but I have found some great people who have run across my server and helped me when I've had trouble. The IP to my server is UtopiaCraft.mcraft.pro if anyone is interested! I have only about 5 regular players right now (2 days after allowing people to come on and test it), but our community is already really close! I am also looking for Staff so if you are interested message me or catch me on the server! (Zoe_Delilah)
07/28/2016 9:27 pm
jayman340
Yeah, I really want to help you; I got on your server and saw a lot of hard work done, but the way some of the features are can be easily improved; I really would like to help you, maybe show you some ideas of improvement. If you want help PM me your skype so we can easily contact each other; if you want to know my skype, search SkillAuraPvP123 but add SSMHaxxer.
07/28/2016 8:37 pm
hmmcrunchy
I like these threads they give owners a good guide to what people want
07/28/2016 8:09 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
Modded Survival Server
07/28/2016 8:56 pm
Lachie1770
^ Knowledge... I cant agree more.
07/28/2016 9:24 pm
jayman340
I like that idea but it's a bit harder for other players to get on, to get the right version of mods, to install the modpack; I like to stick with vanilla so I get more players consisting of younger or less experienced minecraft players, because a player is a player, no matter what age, race, style, etc.
07/28/2016 10:41 pm
Lachie1770
I see, well theres always modpacks.
07/30/2016 5:10 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
True, but then there's the people who think the TechnicLauncher is out to steal your credit card information. (Example, they thing it might take your account, etc.)[/quote]
You could use my launcher but they prob think the same thing about it.
07/28/2016 7:10 pm
Lachie1770
Easy: Anything that is NOT factions or Minigames or Prison, They are all extremely over used and pretty boring.
07/28/2016 6:37 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
VoidStarzZHD
I have a few, maybe like a normal SMP server, with a community that have various adventures together. Like finally going to the nether, a war due to someone eating someone else's cake on accident, a admin becoming a tyrant (the noob adventures nod right there :p) Etc. I have a few others but this is the biggest one. My first ever mc server I played on was just like that, but one day I accidentaly deleted the ip and could never find it again.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome