Where should I buy my PC Parts? And what should I get?

NicksSkins's Avatar NicksSkins5/27/15 4:43 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 24
5/30/2015 9:53 pm
Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious
ello. I am making a thread to everyone that has experience with computers and building them etc. I was wondering recommended amount of specifications I should get for playing following games + more.

Minecraft (+ Shaders)
CS:GO
Arma 3 or Arma 2
Garrys mod
TF2
(And maybe even more difficult games, but focus on these in particular)
I am looking to spend $800-$1500 for making this PC, and this may or may not happen, and if it does, I am estimating between 3 Months - 1 Year.
Thanks.
NicksSkins
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2015 9:53 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
RoboShadow
takochako987Radioshack

Lol does Radioshack even exist anymore?
05/29/2015 3:23 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
NicksSkins
Thanks for everyone's replies, please don't start a fight guys. I was just curious on what would be the best for me, and you all have great options for me to choose from.
05/28/2015 5:15 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
takochako987Radioshack

05/28/2015 4:45 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder
takochako987
I don't know what specs you should get, but buy the parts at Radioshack, Microcenter, or Amazon. DO NOT BUY ANY PARTS FROM PRIVATE DEALERS!
05/28/2015 4:43 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
joetinchi
Can't you guys just give him a PC that's all he wants ...
05/28/2015 5:13 pm
RoboShadow
He's not buying for a year. Literally a waste of time to.
05/28/2015 4:09 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
eawsegrggdfggdr
How about you morons stop hating on other peoples builds and make one yourselves?
05/28/2015 4:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Morons? Because we are correction you, when you are being a blind fanboy? Vishera is old, Zen will be better, but Haswell is miles better than Vishera, in every way.

And Random told OP that making a build list, when he wont buy till a year later isn't smart, because prices change, and new parts will be out. So no one will make a build, because that'd be a waste of time.
05/28/2015 12:10 am
RoboShadow
Darkcreeper2013pcpartpicker.com/user/Guest/saved/#view=zwnrxr
Check this build out

Ok:
Bad CPU
Bad cooler for that CPU
Motherboard will NOT work with that CPU
High latency on RAM. 1600MHz should be CAS 9, that is 11
With the budget, a much better GPU could be gotten
Meh case
Horrid PSU. Stay away from that brand.
05/27/2015 11:55 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Darkcreeper2013
05/27/2015 11:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
The i5 4440 beats it in many games and is nowhere near 3x the price. I have provided facts and you have provided none. You'll need a 60-70 dollar motherboard to ensure that the vrms can handle the 125watt tdp 8320/8350 without throttling. On the other hand, an i5/i7 can easily run on a 40 dollar motherboard. This, on top of the added cost from the increased power usage and potentially getting an aftermarket cooler, makes the price difference between an i5 and an 8320/8350 negligible. Also, the Intel stock fan will also be quieter than the AMD one and will keep better temps. Not to mention that the AM3+ socket lacks many features that are on LGA1150(M.2/Sata Express support, PCIe 3.0 for example) I hate to break it to you, but Vishera has shown her age. Don't call me a fanboy when I merely recommend the best product. YOU are the one being a fanboy when you make false, source-lacking claims to support your incorrect argument, then ignore the benchmarks we have presented disproving these claims, and finally lash out against those who have proven you wrong.
05/27/2015 11:39 pm
RoboShadow
LetheRapierThe 8320 matches that 4790k, and it is one third of the price. Randomness, I am not pulling anything out of my "rear." There was a benchmark test done by one of the famous youtubers I can't remember his name, and the 8320 was doubling the FPS of the 4970k. Please go spew your Intel fanboy bullshit somewhere else.

The burden of proof lies on you. We have dozens of benchmarks that tell us that the 4790k is the better of the two. The only thing the 8320 will double the 4790k on is electricity consumption.
05/27/2015 11:25 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
LetheRapierThe 8320 matches that 4790k, and it is one third of the price. Randomness, I am not pulling anything out of my "rear." There was a benchmark test done by one of the famous youtubers I can't remember his name, and the 8320 was doubling the FPS of the 4970k. Please go spew your Intel fanboy bullshit somewhere else.

Considering you can buy an i7-4790K for as little as $250 new, it's a much better deal overall. Better performance, an iGPU to fall back on, a more upgradable socket, less power usage, and more.
05/27/2015 11:23 pm
eawsegrggdfggdr
The 8320 matches that 4790k, and it is one third of the price. Randomness, I am not pulling anything out of my "rear." There was a benchmark test done by one of the famous youtubers I can't remember his name, and the 8320 was doubling the FPS of the 4970k.
-snip-
05/27/2015 10:51 pm
RoboShadow
Killertoad
The last two I've installed have been kinda quiet, but then again they were in nice cases, and I really couldn't hear anything from them. My AMD stock cooler is loud, but my AMD GPU isn't loud at all lol. It just comes down to how hard the fan is running, and what case you have.
(on a 4440, I noticed that when on idle, it was really quiet, but on the 4590 it picked up a bit, but ran at lower temps)

Yeah, I have the 4590 and it gets pretty noisy. I plan on getting a new cooler soon. My GPU (A sapphire R9 280) stays pretty cool and quiet though. Most the reason I notice the CPU cooler more is just the noise it makes is... more annoying.
05/27/2015 10:28 pm
Killertoad
Randomness3333
RoboShadow
Randomness3333Intel stock coolers are fairly quiet.

It's louder than my GPU's fans and makes a more annoying noise than them too.

I'll give you that one. I guess I just don't notice mine, but then again I only have a g3220/7870ghz. I have my headphones on most of the time and they block out almost all of my computer's noise. At least it's not AMD stock fans.

The last two I've installed have been kinda quiet, but then again they were in nice cases, and I really couldn't hear anything from them. My AMD stock cooler is loud, but my AMD GPU isn't loud at all lol. It just comes down to how hard the fan is running, and what case you have.
(on a 4440, I noticed that when on idle, it was really quiet, but on the 4590 it picked up a bit, but ran at lower temps)
05/27/2015 10:14 pm
Randomness3333
RoboShadow

I'll give you that one. I guess I just don't notice mine, but then again I only have a g3220/7870ghz. I have my headphones on most of the time and they block out almost all of my computer's noise. At least it's not AMD stock fans.
LetheRapier
The 8320 is not lacking, it is a good CPU for 1/4 of a intel CPU with the same performance. Testing has been done on the AMD CPU showing that it doubles the in-game fps while compared to a Intel 4970k; which is $400. In case you are blind I stated that if he wants to spend the money then he should get a 970. Please do not comment unless you know how to read. The 16gb RAM was $40 more than the 8gb ram stick. I don;t see a reason to not get it...

First off, give me a source on those tests. Because this and this shows otherwise. In fact, an i5 4590 beats/matches the 8350 in almost ever test and that CPU is ~180 bucks. Don't make claims that you can't back-up with facts. Also, the 4790k is around 300-330 bucks so check your numbers next time.
-You could have fit in a better GPU for the build being the same price; no need to spend anymore money. Even then, that was a massively overpriced GTX 750; you could have easily gotten at least a R9 270(x) for that price which solidly out performs a GTX 750ti let alone a GTX 750.
-OP simply would not utilize 16GBs of RAM. 8GBs will meet their needs. That 40 dollar difference could go to buying a few games or (8 at the steam summer sale) which I'm sure OP would use much more than the extra 8 GBs of RAM.
Anyways, I'll get back to you tomorrow. I have to go learn how to read.
05/27/2015 10:07 pm
Killertoad
LetheRapier

The 8320 is not lacking, it is a good CPU for 1/4 of a intel CPU with the same performance. Testing has been done on the AMD CPU showing that it doubles the in-game fps while compared to a Intel 4970k; which is $400. In case you are blind I stated that if he wants to spend the money then he should get a 970. Please do not comment unless you know how to read. The 16gb RAM was $40 more than the 8gb ram stick. I don;t see a reason to not get it...

It's not lacking? But it is, it's an old CPU from 2012. That was 3 years ago, Intel has done gone through 3 generations/refreshes.

And what testing? Not done by anyone that knows anything, because a 3 year old CPU that wasn't even super fast when it came out, isn't gonna beat the highest end consumer grade CPU. Common sense would tell you that, I don't even have to pull benchmarks, but randomness will, just to prove you wrong. Compare a 8320 to a G3220 in ArmA 2/3 and you'll see that the pentium is faster.

16GB's of ram is useless for games. No game uses more than 4 anyways. He can save that 40 bucks and put it into a game or something.

Don't pull fake stats out of your rear end, people here will correct you. Google before you open your mouth, it'll save you a lot of trouble, I promise.
05/27/2015 9:47 pm
RoboShadow
LetheRapier
The 8320 is not lacking, it is a good CPU for 1/4 of a intel CPU with the same performance. Testing has been done on the AMD CPU showing that it doubles the in-game fps while compared to a Intel 4970k; which is $400.

[citation needed]
05/27/2015 9:43 pm
RoboShadow

05/27/2015 8:31 pm
eawsegrggdfggdr
Randomness3333Come back when you have the money. An entire line of Intel CPUs, an entire line of AMD GPUs, and potentially a few more from Nvidia will be released in the next few months. Considering that we don't know how these perform and what will be compatible with them, it would be impossible to give a good recommendation.
LetheRapierCPU: AMD FX8320: $110
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 FTW: $155
Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3: $80
RAM: EVGA 16GB DDR3-2400: $120
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Spec-02: $55
PSU: Corsair CX Series CX750M: $95
HDD: WD Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA III 6.0Gb/s 3.5" WD1003FZEX: $80
SSD(OPTIONAL): Crucial BX100 250GB: $100
CASE FAN(OPTIONAL): Kingwin 120 x 120mm: $4
AFTERMARKET CPU HEATSINK(OPTIONAL): Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO: $34

TOTAL: $833
The price is based on a estimate that there is a microcenter near you.

This build is perfect for any game you need to play, if you feel as though you could spend a bit more money, then upgrade your GPU to perhaps a gtx 970.

(If I forgot any parts then just add it to the list.)

This is a bad build.
-For the price of that 8320, motherboard, and cooler you can easily get an i5 + motherboard which will beat it in 99% of games, particularly in the games OP mentioned.
-You should have a much better graphics card for this budget. A GTX 750 simplt will not cut it for playing games at high settings with good fps.
-There is absolutely no need for 16GBs of RAM for a gaming build as of right now, especially when your CPU/GPU are lacking. It's not like OP can't add more down the line if he needed it (which he won't if all he does is game).
-The WD black isn't worth the extra cost over a WD Blue/Seagate Barracuda. The performance difference between is very slight and the $30 difference could go to either a bigger HDD or a better SSD which will be a much bigger improvement.
-You should have a 80+ gold PSU for this budget.
LogicoreI wouldn't go for AMD Nothin, cheap with crap lifespan. Here's a list for you Bro.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=27459725

Subtotal: $1,286.88 Before Shipping

Can you please not be a fanboy? The claims thaty MAD producs are cheap with bad lifespans is a massive lie and I don't approve of false information being spread in this section. Anyways, your build is bad as well.
-You put a locked CPU with an overclocking (Z97) motherboard. These are primarily used for overclocking which is impossible with the current CPU.
-RAM: Refer to above.
-HDD: Refer to above.
-SSD: overpriced relative to other drives.
-GPU: not the worst choice but you can easily fit a better one in for the same price of the build.
-Absolutely no need for a 1000 watt PSU, even if you had SLI.
-Case is bad.
-No need for a blu-ray drive if OP didn't request one.
-No need for an after market CPU cooler if not overclocking unless OP is concerned about noise and even then, Intel stock coolers are fairly quiet.

05/27/2015 7:08 am
Randomness3333
Come back when you have the money. An entire line of Intel CPUs, an entire line of AMD GPUs, and potentially a few more from Nvidia will be released in the next few months. Considering that we don't know how these perform and what will be compatible with them, it would be impossible to give a good recommendation.
LetheRapierCPU: AMD FX8320: $110

This build is perfect for any game you need to play, if you feel as though you could spend a bit more money, then upgrade your GPU to perhaps a gtx 970.

This is a bad build.
-For the price of that 8320, motherboard, and cooler you can easily get an i5 + motherboard which will beat it in 99% of games, particularly in the games OP mentioned.
-You should have a much better graphics card for this budget. A GTX 750 simplt will not cut it for playing games at high settings with good fps.
-There is absolutely no need for 16GBs of RAM for a gaming build as of right now, especially when your CPU/GPU are lacking. It's not like OP can't add more down the line if he needed it (which he won't if all he does is game).
-The WD black isn't worth the extra cost over a WD Blue/Seagate Barracuda. The performance difference between is very slight and the $30 difference could go to either a bigger HDD or a better SSD which will be a much bigger improvement.
-You should have a 80+ gold PSU for this budget.
LogicoreI wouldn't go for AMD Nothin, cheap with crap lifespan. Here's a list for you Bro.

Can you please not be a fanboy? The claims thaty MAD producs are cheap with bad lifespans is a massive lie and I don't approve of false information being spread in this section. Anyways, your build is bad as well.
-You put a locked CPU with an overclocking (Z97) motherboard. These are primarily used for overclocking which is impossible with the current CPU.
-RAM: Refer to above.
-HDD: Refer to above.
-SSD: overpriced relative to other drives.
-GPU: not the worst choice but you can easily fit a better one in for the same price of the build.
-Absolutely no need for a 1000 watt PSU, even if you had SLI.
-Case is bad.
-No need for a blu-ray drive if OP didn't request one.
-No need for an after market CPU cooler if not overclocking unless OP is concerned about noise and even then, Intel stock coolers are fairly quiet.
05/27/2015 6:18 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Logicore
I wouldn't go for AMD Nothin, cheap with crap lifespan. Here's a list for you Bro.

05/27/2015 5:03 am
eawsegrggdfggdr
CPU: AMD FX8320: $110

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome