Why are people so rude these days?

LongDoesMC's Avatar LongDoesMC7/23/14 9:44 am
1 emeralds 2.1k 80
7/25/2014 6:53 pm
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
The title says it all...Why??
LongDoesMC
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/25/2014 6:53 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
This thread's getting overboard.

Locked.
07/25/2014 6:49 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
SasukeUchiha2214
Jex_InfiniteAmerica is a rubbish nation because of the nationalists

Seriously, not even racist, they're actually impeding the good of the nation.

Nationalists and patriots don't make their public image better, either.

Mods. Just look at this. Lock the thread because this is getting overboard. Alot of people on PMC are Americans and we want to be proud of it. America is not a rubbish nation. Alot of countries would execute you if you said something bad about them.

While I do agree this is going overboard with politics invading, and that that should be dropped immediately, my point still stands.
07/25/2014 6:29 pm
Level 28 : Expert Network
Descripted
when people say i'm rude, i'm just giving constructive criticism. i guess not everyone understands.
07/25/2014 6:40 pm
Jex_Infinite
That's basically my life in a nutshell. People aren't capable of thinking far enough ahead to understand my viewpoints, or immediately jump to the defense without actually giving it any thought.

I dislike nationalists, because they are incredibly rude to pretty much everyone who isn't of their nationality. This is on topic. This is not racism. Get your act together, forumgoers and learn your definitions.

People will think I'm rude and a jerk for my 'hateful comments', but no, I'm merely voicing what I have seen with my eyes. I'm not trolling, I'm actually just giving an example of people who are very rude.

Nationalism can promote rudeness.
07/25/2014 6:17 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
Marissa_Frost
People are idiots. That basically sums up a 5 paragraph response. People want to be jerks to make others feel bad. Its a poison pond that will never evaporate.
07/25/2014 6:25 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
^
Everyone has those idiot moments cx
07/25/2014 5:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
Ok let's get off this topic and back to rudeness I kinda think the increasing of anger and hostility towards others is majorly contributed by our upbringing people blame the new generation (Z) when really it's generation Y's fault they are the ones who are raising the new generation I consider my self alright I was raised by a semi-strict military family I had to take ROTC from 9th grade etc etc. While I know kids whose parents let them -snip-, -no- and more. We need to stop blaming the new generation and start blaming the old one
07/25/2014 5:25 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
We should probably get this thread back on topic, guys.
07/25/2014 2:14 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
SirDenerim
Jex_InfiniteAmerica is a rubbish nation.

Seriously, not even racist, it's actually bad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/2 ... 70683.html

^ Sums up america for me.
07/25/2014 2:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter
ldenning6
FLAMESS123

You better not be talking aussie mate. Stop being stereotypical about americans

oh yeah and MERICA!!!!!!!!

Wow now you are being racist to Australians...
07/25/2014 2:02 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
CloudbunniesMC
People think they are powerful and strong on the web. They think whatever they say will not effect the other person on the other screen.

As said above, society. It's gotten pretty bad, hasn't it?

The best thing to do is act your best on the internet; be polite and nice. I just ignore the rude people and tell myself that they are helping nobody with their attitude.
07/25/2014 1:53 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123

You better not be talking aussie mate. Stop being stereotypical about americans

oh yeah and MERICA!!!!!!!!
07/25/2014 1:52 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
SasukeUchiha2214

Mods. Just look at this. Lock the thread because this is getting overboard. Alot of people on PMC are Americans and we want to be proud of it. America is not a rubbish nation. Alot of countries would execute you if you said something bad about them.

There's a report button in the top right of your forum post, that'd be a much faster way to get them here.
07/25/2014 1:50 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR

07/25/2014 1:44 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter
ldenning6
Jex_Infinite
StillCat

Hey, calm down, we don't want to get a topic like this locked. This isn't focused on just America.

Well, the prime example of nationalists are Americans, and we all know nationalists are incredibly rude. Rural Australians are pretty terribadly rude as well.

You know you will get banned for racism right? I am a very kind Australian citizen and that there was a racist stereotype about our country.
07/25/2014 1:36 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Jex_Infinite
StillCat

Hey, calm down, we don't want to get a topic like this locked. This isn't focused on just America.

Well, the prime example of nationalists are Americans, and we all know nationalists are incredibly rude. Rural Australians are pretty terribadly rude as well.

Prime example? Everyone is a nationalist if they like their country. The Olympics is the prime example of nationalist groupings; everyone is rooting for their country and for their country exclusively. Just because someone is a Nationalist doesn't mean they're going to be rude; they're going to be rude if you annoy them or are rude back. If you say America is a badly governed country to a nationalist, yes, they will retort. But you said it to their face when you KNOW their standing on the subject. In that way, you calling nationalists rude is rude in itself.

Kinda rude about the Australians as well.
07/25/2014 10:20 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Jex, for real. Please don't go overboard. You're not helping by putting in hateful opinions. Although they may be true, you don't have a right to insult any country just like that, since they all have their positives and negatives. PMC should be a friendly community for all, not a hate-spewing, flame-war-brewing forum.
07/25/2014 6:36 pm
Jex_Infinite
I'm not insulting any country, I'm insulting the behavior of the bad behaved people in those countries. Even though I know hundreds of people from one of those countries, and live in the other, it still means I can't say that the nationalists are really rude?

I do like, though, how you immediately jumped on the 'hate on Jex' train even though for 3 pages before I joined, there was speak of how modern American society is the cause for American children to be rude.

That's almost exactly the same thing as what I said.
07/25/2014 10:15 am
Jex_Infinite
Tierage

But of course, America is the only country in the world. Canada? Never heard of it.

What was that? Couldn't hear the country name over the noise of salmon flopping in boats.

Most countries are rubbish. I hate my own country because of how rubbish it is, America is just especially painful with the patriots and war mongering Bushes.
07/25/2014 10:05 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
eminemfan33

But of course, America is the only country in the world. Canada? Never heard of it.
07/25/2014 10:05 am
Jex_Infinite
StillCat

07/25/2014 10:00 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat

07/25/2014 9:59 am
Level 24 : Expert Fish
sualeos

Please explain how America is a "rubbish nation."
07/25/2014 9:55 am
Jex_Infinite
America is a rubbish nation because of the nationalists.

Seriously, not even racist, they're actually impeding on the good of the nation.

EDIT: Changed the wording so you people who don't read every word and immediately jump to conclusions will have an easier time.
07/25/2014 9:50 am
Level 24 : Expert Fish
sualeos
Snowyfox
Goku_LSSJWell what you highly doubt is true at my old highschool we were told to never confront people even if they hit you your only allowed to block and run away. So yeah your wrong I don't think its fair for you to assume stuff about americans when your not an american your self

Yeah, I guess. I myself wasn't brought up by a North American, so I can't really trust myself in this kind of thing. However, while strafing around the net, I already heard an insane amount of stereotypes about Americans, and a popular one is their feistiness, and the amount of stories circulating about kids being bullied, fights outside the school after classes, people never backing down. These kinds of stereotypes give impressions.

All stereotypes come from somewhere, and they are all correct to an extent.
07/24/2014 6:28 pm
Goku_LSSJ
Snowyfox
Goku_LSSJWell what you highly doubt is true at my old highschool we were told to never confront people even if they hit you your only allowed to block and run away. So yeah your wrong I don't think its fair for you to assume stuff about americans when your not an american your self

Yeah, I guess. I myself wasn't brought up by a North American, so I can't really trust myself in this kind of thing. However, while strafing around the net, I already heard an insane amount of stereotypes about Americans, and a popular one is their feistiness, and the amount of stories circulating about kids being bullied, fights outside the school after classes, people never backing down. These kinds of stereotypes give impressions.

Yeah I understand that we kinda have a bad reputation. I hate being that "guy" but its the medias fault they choose to broadcast the story about the kid killing himself over being bullied then the cop that saved a little girls life. (yes this is true my mom works with our local news casters and she told me this a year ago) We honestly aren't that bad yes certain ares are worse then others but in my 18 years of school I saw bulling happen 3 times people just like the blow the rare cases wayyyyy out of proportion so Americans look like crap to the rest of the world
07/24/2014 6:22 pm
Snowyfox

07/24/2014 6:19 pm
Goku_LSSJ
Snowyfox
TraedpoD
SnowyfoxMany societies, especially traditional ones, emphasize inner peace, modesty, etc., typical morals that many people in North America lack.

So... what you're saying is that you're a communist? Kidding. Kidding.
Seriously, though. Ouch.

Sorry, didn't really think that was offensive. At least, it wasn't really offensive as compared to this thread itself.

But I highly doubt American kids are told to calmly walk away if they are being verbally bullied. Of course, nobody thinks that's a good idea to do all the time, but some societies would teach their children to do that instead of telling them to immediately fight back and defend themselves.

Societies around the world are all different, and as I said before, some societies promote...non-rude morals, I guess. I can't really say anything since I don't have direct experience, but I doubt the people here in Canada had their parents teach them to be strictly modest, hard-working and pacifist. It's more of an implied thing instead of a directly thought lesson that has examples all over town.

Well what you highly doubt is true at my old highschool we were told to never confront people even if they hit you your only allowed to block and run away. So yeah your wrong I don't think its fair for you to assume stuff about americans when your not an american your self
07/24/2014 6:13 pm
Snowyfox
TraedpoD
SnowyfoxMany societies, especially traditional ones, emphasize inner peace, modesty, etc., typical morals that many people in North America lack.

Seriously, though. Ouch.

Sorry, didn't really think that was offensive. At least, it wasn't really offensive as compared to this thread itself.

But I highly doubt American kids are told to calmly walk away if they are being verbally bullied. Of course, nobody thinks that's a good idea to do all the time, but some societies would teach their children to do that instead of telling them to immediately fight back and defend themselves.

Societies around the world are all different, and as I said before, some societies promote...non-rude morals, I guess. I can't really say anything since I don't have direct experience, but I doubt the people here in Canada had their parents teach them to be strictly modest, hard-working and pacifist. It's more of an implied thing instead of a directly thought lesson that has examples all over town.
07/24/2014 5:43 pm
Goku_LSSJ
Sigaurd i htink your name was I get where your coming from I do believe that society has somewhat gotten ruder and no it's not just "american society" I have been to europe before and I saw tons of people being treated like crap. Not to mention certain places treat foreigners like there parasites, for example my Canadian friend went to france and was subjected to constant criticism for not speaking french is tihs not rude so no its not specific to america we are the biggest completely modernized country so we get the most persecution. So back on topic yes we've gotten ruder but we've also gotten weaker people now a days let things get under there skin WAY to easily they think being called a f*g or similar is something way worse then it really is. Most of the people who insult others like this just to mess with you or have some superiority complex that making fun of you will make it better. It's best as the guy said above to just take it and end it walk away.Modern Society is full of wimps ESPECIALLY the teenagers the worlds tough and yall are gonna have a rude(pun intended) awaking when you get out there
07/24/2014 3:22 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Chronalga technology that creates laziness

I'm sorry, I digress. Without the telegraph, we wouldn't have multi-national organizations and therefore modern society. If the printing press hadn't been invented, then society would be horrible. lets use the example of the guy who grabbed the wheelchair guy off of the subway tracks, He turned and saw everyone was taking video. and blamed the phones that they didn't help him. what would they be doing before phones? watching! The Printing press gave us widespread knowledge. Technology is not a factor! Some tech makes us more productive! (The Printing Press, Microsoft word, cars, Assembly line.) Smartphones even! You can look up a fact you didn't know! So I disagree with only this. Rude people have always been rude Technology isn't a factor.
07/24/2014 10:13 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
GeekyPaul
Knight
Culture of the US basically sums up how to make an ineffective, rude, vulgar, and lazy workforce. Not saying I'm the perfect example of motivated teenagehood, but at least I understand that. The US builds children off of two principles; #1 Do better than your peer to get better things than him, and #2 If you do good things you will GET good things. Extreme competition and reward system that's way out of balance, not to mention the very subpar educational system means as a country producing youth by the millions, America is sloppy, to say the least.
No, the principles of at least elementary education in the USA are as follows: 1) Be average. 2) It's okay to be dumber as long as you're stronger than the smart people. 3) You will get punished for being different. By high school and even late middle school, things get better, but 6th grade was a nightmare for me. It's no fun having to be in a grade-level class for the first six years of school when all the tests showed you as advanced.
I'm kind of upset that so many people think that children are not taught tolerance anymore. They, and American society in general, are a lot more tolerant of anyone who isn't a rich straight white male than any other time in the history of Western Civilization, as far as I know.
07/24/2014 10:10 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
Goku_LSSJLol "moderm society sucks" k den go back to the 40s where racism was abundent

at least then there were not people saying everything was racist. lots of people get called out for racism. It is sad but true that the other ethnic groups use the race card very quickly in arguments. mostly the phrase "is it because i am black?".

people are rude these days...society changes

dont get me started on the younger generations...
07/24/2014 9:05 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
TheWombatDonut
They think it's "cool". Everyone knows that the only way to be cool is...um... Yeah how can you even consider a person cool? What is even considered "cool"...
07/24/2014 8:39 am
Jex_Infinite
Why are people so sensitive these days?

Grow up and take the damn rudeness and criticism.
Also try and understand that a lot more people are cynical these days.

You may continue in your ignorance.
07/24/2014 8:34 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
Because technology.
07/24/2014 8:03 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
Because the world is full of stupid people, and I get sick of it. Granted, almost everyone IRL seems stupid to me...
07/24/2014 7:43 am
Level 39 : Artisan Unicorn
coltonj96
Lets go back to dinosaurs, they are much more social
07/24/2014 7:30 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Sonadel

Seriously, though. Ouch.
07/24/2014 6:44 am
Goku_LSSJ
Lol "moderm society sucks" k den go back to the 40s where racism was abundent oh or maybe the 1800s where slavery was legal and child molesters and childrem shared jail cells oh oh oh maybe the 1600's when diseases were rampant amd modern life span of humans were like 30 years oh not good enough? Go back to the 1100s where you were beheaded for thievery get my point? Humans are nothing but animals we will always have problems no matter how intelligent we are we are nothing but animals stop complaining about something that will never be fixed
07/24/2014 7:18 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
Uhh... The numbers get bigger as time goes on not smaller.
07/24/2014 7:38 am
Goku_LSSJ
Hey bud I was goin back in time saying we actually have gotten better and for some reason we think that todays society is hell when really it's not and you should be grateful you get t8 grow up in such a good time
07/25/2014 9:57 am
Halorules555
Ok, I just wasn't to sure on where you where going.
07/24/2014 9:44 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
yes, the society in total is getting better and better, but people are becoming more rude in general. that's what this thread is about. ofcourse life is easier now than it was for some houndred years ago.
07/24/2014 6:39 am
Halorules555
"yoiu!!@ we arne t not rude its could beeying c0oL>"

The answer should be obvious... They are idiots that lack common sense and have 100% confidence they are cool and can do everything professionally.
07/24/2014 4:35 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
How do you know if people have been getting "more rude" I am willing to bet you are under 20, less than 2 decades is barely enough time to fairly judge people's attitude change over the years. Also these broad posts about "is blahblah getting worse" are obnoxious because it makes some huge broad assumption with little to no proof besides personal conviction. Also depends on how you define "Rude", which differs between location, time period, and even person to person.

If you only recently got online then that might explain why it seems people are more "Rude". It's not that society has changed that radically but the internet allows for more cruelty intentional and less consequences.
07/24/2014 8:43 am
Jex_Infinite
+1 support

Well, at least they can judge whether the internet specifically is getting worse, due to it only really spiking up in accessibility and usage within the last 15 years.
07/23/2014 3:38 pm
Snowyfox
All of us are rude in many ways. We don't realize it when we do, except in some occassions. Also, imo "rude" is a personal concept, so for you, using a phone in a restaurant in front of your dining peers would not be rude, but for me it's quite so.

If you mean the general trend of people not having a sense of restraint or people always thinking they are right, I guess it's because society has developed in a way where wrong is depicted in such a horrible way that anybody who can comfortably live believes that they are thus not wrong because if they were, they would be dead or in a really screwed situation.

I personally follow a belief where "right" and "wrong" doesn't exist because most things are simply personal opinion, but even I insist that I am right at many times and I do notice that I can be very kind at times and extremely rude in others. I don't really think it's an avoidable thing, but it's very obvious that we have moved into an age where self-restraint and tolerance of others is not taught to children. Many societies, especially traditional ones, emphasize inner peace, modesty, etc., typical morals that many people in North America lack.
07/23/2014 3:31 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
People think they are hot shots like they are the best at they do in a big pool of strangers, when they too, are average just like the people standing around them. Dumb people think they can be rude and cocky, just because they decide to also.
07/23/2014 3:29 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Literal Trash
Honestly, does it matter? Even if they're rude to you, you can get rid of them with a simple "Delete," "Ignore," or "Block." Of course, this is only if you mean on the Internet. For "real" life, no one's perfect. I'm sure you've angered quite a few people in your days. Anyway, the main thing to remember is not to stoop to their level. Don't hit or insult them back. Just ignore it and walk away, even when it's hard. They'll eventually stop.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome