why aren't mods made with modmaking tools allowed?

Discussion and support on PlanetMinecraft. You can submit feedback here as well as request things to be implemented!

Post Permalink
by Pikamoar » 6/6/2013

um, you are questioning the rules of PMC, and i dunno what the mods were thinking when they replied :/
No.

Cabbages for you
Level 36
Artisan Dwarf
Says: I'm more of a glass half full kinda guy
Minecraft: pikamoar
mc_server: i dun have one hoss

Post Permalink
by Pikamoar » 6/6/2013

also, my post like this was locked, why can't this one be the same?
No.

Cabbages for you
Level 36
Artisan Dwarf

Post Permalink
by ToastGhost » 6/6/2013

As of what I know of I believe these mods have forums ides to post your mods.
Level 21
Expert Toast

Post Permalink
by ihhh » 6/6/2013

well, fart.
Cloning was neither good nor bad, only it's purpose was important, and that purpose should not be one that was trivial or selfish."
Arthur C. Clarke - Imperial Earth
http://random.com/hdfhjgdsfk
Level 8
Apprentice Crafter
Minecraft: ihhh1

Post Permalink
by fox_news » 6/6/2013

its IS allowed to be posted but any mod that results from the mod is NOT allowed to be posted due to that you don't know how to mod it nor fix it.
Level 57
Grandmaster Programmer
Says: Wow! your eyes look beautiful. Can I buy one?
Minecraft: fox_news
mc_server: team9000.net

Post Permalink
by Azie » 6/6/2013

Pikamoar2121 wrote:also, my post like this was locked, why can't this one be the same?

So far people are being civil and we're all just discussing. Questioning things is healthy, esoecially authority, because it keeps things in check. There is a line between questioning something and arguing about it though. I don't know what your thread said, but it must have crossed that line.

On topic, regarding the person comparing this topic to getting parts for a car, this is much different. As someone else mentioned, if you found them in a junk yard, they're free to use with no penalty (equivalent of getting permission to use someone's code). What we're talking about is more along the lines of sneaking into someone's garage in the middle of the night and stripping all the parts off of their car.
Site Moderator
Level 41
Master Grump
Says: The Sunflower Sniper
Minecraft: XxxAziexxX

Post Permalink
by Pikamoar » 6/6/2013

Azie wrote:
Pikamoar2121 wrote:also, my post like this was locked, why can't this one be the same?

So far people are being civil and we're all just discussing. Questioning things is healthy, esoecially authority, because it keeps things in check. There is a line between questioning something and arguing about it though. I don't know what your thread said, but it must have crossed that line.

On topic, regarding the person comparing this topic to getting parts for a car, this is much different. As someone else mentioned, if you found them in a junk yard, they're free to use with no penalty (equivalent of getting permission to use someone's code). What we're talking about is more along the lines of sneaking into someone's garage in the middle of the night and stripping all the parts off of their car.
whoa, that is deep

and i also understand where you are coming from, and i apologize for being so outright
No.

Cabbages for you
Level 36
Artisan Dwarf

Post Permalink
by PrototypeTheta » 6/6/2013

Effort level coding a mod yourself: over 9000

Effort level clicking a few buttons on a mod maker: 0

Using a mod maker is minimal effort, even making stuff using an API (e.g. flan's mod models) requires quite a bit of effort (and many hours spent recompiling, unless you get everything right first time)
Level 63
High Grandmaster Robot

Previous

Return to Site Discussion and Support