Why does there have to be an EULA?

Fliip's Avatar Fliip3/25/16 10:01 am
1 emeralds 3.9k 162
5/4/2016 10:32 am
Azie's Avatar Azie
Why does there have to be an EULA? Why can't players choose what they donate for. If someone doesn't like how donations on my server works, then don't play my server.

What's so bad about over-pricing a game, and letting the community decide it's future? But no, you have to over-price it, then essentially take away a way to actually make money for your server. As if anybody is going to buy the "Nickname" command. If the donor had any common sense, they'd know that the perk is at around a 3 cent value, which isn't even close to being able to pay for the over-priced server host.

Eventually, the servers that have the best system on there server, will over-take all servers. So, if my donation system is corrupt, then players will not join. It's as simple as that.

If a server has pay-to-win packages, and it gets popular, then so be it. I don't care if Steve, or Notch, or whatever doesn't like my system. But you can't make a rule saying that pay-to-win isn't allowed.

Can't Mojang see that there are people with years and years of education that are legalizing marijuana, because it's not up to the government to decide. It's up to the players/donators to decide.
Fliip
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/04/2016 10:32 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I tried cleaning this thread up a little bit the other day and it just fell back into OP calling people disrespectful emos and people in the thread making snarky, unnecessary comments. Let's not, please.

/lock
05/04/2016 10:15 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
AresHD_
you don't have to buy a rank not everything is pay to win
05/04/2016 10:11 am
Fliip
Fliip
avrona
its hard to run a server while following the eula, people dont want to donate

It's not. I run a server with no donations or any purchases.

Let me guess, it's not online.

Wow, what do you know - it's offline.
05/04/2016 10:11 am
Fliip
avrona

Let me guess, it's not online.
05/04/2016 10:07 am
Fliip
Azrath
avrona

Why we even bother to reply when we will get some stupid reply with 99% of a chance from a guy that has "Gaming" in his name who probably just found out about internet as of whole as neither his spelling is well, well.

It's the name of my minecraft server, AND SORRY FOR DYSLEXIA

This community used to be amazing, but now it's a bunch of emos who want to disrespect everyone they can. Stay on topic, please.
05/04/2016 3:25 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
avrona

Why we even bother to reply when we will get some stupid reply with 99% of a chance from a guy that has "Gaming" in his name who probably just found out about internet as of whole as neither his spelling is well, well.
05/04/2016 2:53 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona

05/02/2016 3:56 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
The new Minecraft EULA was put into place to stop parents from calling Mojang AB up as to why their bank account was drained by their kids (who shouldn't have access to a credit card in the first place), and server owners who were charging people to play. It has nothing to do with donating to help keep the server running. The only real issue was that smaller server owners were charging people to be able to join their servers, then pretty much forcing them to donate to get better gear than everyone else on the server. Parents were furious at this and were calling Mojang asking they be refunded, but Mojang couldn't, since they had no affiliation to the server owners in question. Thus, the new EULA was put into place to stop this.

Unfortunately, some troll posted on the Minecraft Forums that they put in place to kill servers, and everyone got in a tizzy about it. No one even bothered to read the actual EULA, just reading a thing written by a troll instead of looking it up themselves.
05/03/2016 9:36 pm
Fliip
How hard is it for a parent to just.. monitor what their child is purchasing maybe?
05/02/2016 11:28 am
Azrath
Finally!

Shut them down, I am all for no pay2win servers, if they can't agree and adapt to new EULA they should not exist in first place!

Bring back the good old server style and I might rethink playing once again minecraft after a 2 years long break.
05/03/2016 9:34 pm
Fliip

mineplex and hypixel are outliers
05/04/2016 2:31 am
Azrath
It is not that hard if you are making a server for people to play and enjoy rather than earn from it.
05/01/2016 9:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
BestAnarchy
I'm just saying if you're gonna do it do it right
05/01/2016 10:53 am
BestAnarchy
I'm just curious to see how well mojang enforces it, right now they have blacklisted big servers. Hopefully they will stick to their guns and start doing mid and small servers. Shouldn't be too hard to blacklist most pay2win servers for a company like mojang. I say this because I bet there was an uproar when they first specified no pay 2 win but nobody cared.
05/01/2016 12:15 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
I hope so too. But how many servers are there even? They'd need a thousand people keeping their eyes on every single server in existence. The only way I could see them enforce this completely is by assigning a bunch of Microsoft employees to keep track of them all. Even then, what do Microsoft employees know? You can't trust that many people to know what qualified as a EULA-breaking server and what doesn't. It'd be like having hundreds of PMC mods.

I think by hiring a few more brand enforcers Mojang can, for the most part, get rid of big and medium and large EULA-breaking servers. But I don't think they'll ever be able to get rid of the small ones, sadly.
05/01/2016 8:56 pm
BestAnarchy
See if they permanently blacklisted the servers then it would scare people into never breaking EULA.
05/01/2016 9:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Hoodiniator
That would only work for some. Smaller, non-popular (no offense) servers won't catch Mojang's eyes since they're under the radar.
05/01/2016 10:05 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Derpling
This thread won't change Mojang's mind. How about we leave this kid as he is?
05/01/2016 3:15 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
fartcrafter
FliipNotch lives in a 70 million dollar mansion. He obviously doesn't like to share alot. You seem a lot like Notch. You're not phased by losing 460 thousand players, as long as you're still making money, you're cool with it.
[/quote]
LoL aren't you the one who said that all you care about is the money? you're being a little hypocritical.
05/01/2016 1:58 am
Level 31 : Artisan Network
CastleCraftOfficial
This is worth a read: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/collec ... ts.144023/

Also, the EULA will ruin a huge portion of servers out there. Mineplex and Hypixel are exceptions because they are mega-servers with over 40,000 players online at peak times. Mid-to-large sized servers have tried going EULA-compliant and it has failed miserably. Look at McPvP; they tried becoming EULA-compliant when Mojang first released their EULA clarification information. Despite their best efforts at turning a profit, they lost 90% of their income and ended up selling to Brawl.
04/30/2016 11:34 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Fliip
Notch lives in a 70 million dollar mansion. He obviously doesn't like to share alot. You seem a lot like Notch. You're not phased by losing 460 thousand players, as long as you're still making money, you're cool with it.

Here's the difference though.
1. I'm not Notch.
2. Notch no longer owns Minecraft. Microsoft owns Minecraft
3. People won't suddenly leave Minecraft because some servers won't earn money easily, There is still servers that don't depend on money, and singleplayer. Minecraft is not a game that's only filled with money-making servers.
4. As I said before, people depending on Minecraft servers to earn money are putting all their eggs into one basket.

I get it, losing money is bad, but this EULA plan was to be expected ages ago. People should have prepared for it.
04/30/2016 11:31 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
I hope a mod locks this soon since this is going nowhere.
04/30/2016 11:40 pm
AnimeFanFTW
This
05/01/2016 10:38 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
This
04/30/2016 11:39 pm
Hoodiniator
It clearly isn't. He seems quite intent on having the EULA removed.

Anywho, I'm very sure that if the game was small, say about 2k people play it. I'm certain that losing 1.9k over the EULA will mean a lot, but since there's more than a million that play it, I'm sure that the community will be fine. The only ones we'll lose are little kids spending money to get strong the easy way.

By the way, I also really do think this needs to be locked.
04/30/2016 11:30 pm
Fliip
Notch lives in a 70 million dollar mansion. He obviously doesn't like to share alot. You seem a lot like Notch. You're not phased by losing 460 thousand players, as long as you're still making money, you're cool with it.[/quote]
04/30/2016 11:29 pm
Fliip
[/quote]
I seriously doubt the Minecraft community will die because of this. And no, servers releasing content for money is NOT the reason Minecraft is popular. It's popular because of its gameplay, and simplicity. If you depend on Minecraft servers to make money, you're putting all your eggs into one basket.[/quote]
You are totally right! *Sarcasm*

Okay.. you have got to be kidding me.

You think people like minecraft because of it's gameplay?
AHAYHAHAHAHAHAHAHSJHKAJDFH LSDJKHGLSKFJDHGSFJKDH GSD
fifty percent of players are on multiplayer.

the average players on minecraft 24/7 is around 1 million.
Half of that is 5 hundred thousand. 5 hundred thousand on singleplayer.
I can think of 2 big servers, that actually comply to the EULA- Mineplex, Hypixel

These servers average a combined 40 thousand, and these two servers are the only ones that are eula compliant while being successful

so there will be average of 540 thousand after the enforcing of the eula

cyka blyat[/quote]
All that proves is that half of the playerbase plays multiplayer, and the other half plays singleplayer.

That means that Minecraft doesn't depend on multiplayer to be successful. All your points did was just make my point stronger. And it's not like when the EULA comes into effect, that everyone on servers will leave.

The vast majority of servers will still stay up, and the people that leave the servers due to the EULA will just go to other servers that are not affected much by the EULA or singleplayer. Minecraft can be enjoyed, even if you can't connect to a server.[/quote]
Notch lives in a 70 million dollar mansion. He obviously doesn't like to share alot. You seem a lot like Notch. You're not phased by losing 460 thousand players, as long as you're still making money, you're cool with it.
04/30/2016 11:18 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Fliip
AnimeFanFTW
SparthiaIf Mojang actually starts to enforce the EULA, their entire community will die. The whole reason why Minecraft is as popular as it is today is because of the new content being released by servers daily. Without a lot of donations, don't even think that servers will care to release new content. They do this as a job, so do I. We provide entertainment, and get paid for our hours spent on doing this. This is basically a full-time job for many.

I seriously doubt the Minecraft community will die because of this. And no, servers releasing content for money is NOT the reason Minecraft is popular. It's popular because of its gameplay, and simplicity. If you depend on Minecraft servers to make money, you're putting all your eggs into one basket.

I can think of 2 big servers, that actually comply to the EULA- Mineplex, Hypixel

These servers average a combined 40 thousand, and these two servers are the only ones that are eula compliant while being successful

cyka blyat

All that proves is that half of the playerbase plays multiplayer, and the other half plays singleplayer.

That means that Minecraft doesn't depend on multiplayer to be successful. All your points did was just make my point stronger. And it's not like when the EULA comes into effect, that everyone on servers will leave.

The vast majority of servers will still stay up, and the people that leave the servers due to the EULA will just go to other servers that are not affected much by the EULA or singleplayer. Minecraft can be enjoyed, even if you can't connect to a server.
04/30/2016 11:13 pm
Konrad
[yt]VCyabQwWoTg[/yt] Linus explains the EULA just for you. Since you won't stop complaining.

But servers could survive without p2w look at mineplex and hypixel all the things you get are purely cosmetic. My only question is how did this thread not get locked yet.
04/30/2016 11:17 pm
Fliip
Like I said, thats two servers, AND I don't want to spend all of my time coding, I have a life. I HATE REPEATING MYSELF
04/30/2016 11:20 pm
Konrad
You don't have to code all of your plugins. You could buy a lot of plugins for about 10 dollars. And also i have a life and i make games in unity with c#. There are probably a lot more servers then Mineplex and Hypixel that don't use the p2w strategy and are still successful. And if you hate repeating your self then read what you write.
04/30/2016 11:11 pm
Fliip
Zitzabis
FliipIt's been proven SO MANY TIMES that it's nearly impossible to create a server that isn't Pay-To-Enhance

Calm down please, I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

Basically, whether you can or not, tough luck. It's the EULA, and it's legally binding and it will be enforced.
People have proven that you can still run a server. So I guess people are just divided on the matter.

The first youtube video i googled was a server owner of GotPvP saying "We could not be successful while abiding to the eula."
04/30/2016 11:10 pm
Fliip
AnimeFanFTW
SparthiaIf Mojang actually starts to enforce the EULA, their entire community will die. The whole reason why Minecraft is as popular as it is today is because of the new content being released by servers daily. Without a lot of donations, don't even think that servers will care to release new content. They do this as a job, so do I. We provide entertainment, and get paid for our hours spent on doing this. This is basically a full-time job for many.

I seriously doubt the Minecraft community will die because of this. And no, servers releasing content for money is NOT the reason Minecraft is popular. It's popular because of its gameplay, and simplicity. If you depend on Minecraft servers to make money, you're putting all your eggs into one basket.

cyka blyat
04/30/2016 11:07 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
FliipIt's been proven SO MANY TIMES that it's nearly impossible to create a server that isn't Pay-To-Enhance

Calm down please, I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

Basically, whether you can or not, tough luck. It's the EULA, and it's legally binding and it will be enforced.
People have proven that you can still run a server. So I guess people are just divided on the matter.
04/30/2016 11:06 pm
Monotone
Fliip
Hoodiniator
Fliip
I have a life, I'm not going to waste it away on coding cosmetic plugins! I just want to have my server, my way. I don't want mojang not letting me use plugins THAT THE COMMUNITY CREATED!

So, basically as I see it, you want little kids to be running around with fully enchanted diamond armor, with like a god apple, for $20? You can still use plugins that the community created, you just can't have a P2W server anymore.

It's been proven SO MANY TIMES that it's nearly impossible to create a server that isn't Pay-To-Enhance

Look at Mineplex and Hypixel.
04/30/2016 11:04 pm
Fliip
Hoodiniator
Fliip
I have a life, I'm not going to waste it away on coding cosmetic plugins! I just want to have my server, my way. I don't want mojang not letting me use plugins THAT THE COMMUNITY CREATED!

So, basically as I see it, you want little kids to be running around with fully enchanted diamond armor, with like a god apple, for $20? You can still use plugins that the community created, you just can't have a P2W server anymore.

It's been proven SO MANY TIMES that it's nearly impossible to create a server that isn't Pay-To-Enhance
04/30/2016 10:57 pm
Hoodiniator
Fliip

04/30/2016 10:52 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
diablox234
I'm glad that it's finally in use, no more manipulating kids into buying -snip- commands for server owners to make profit off of. Minecraft has always had this rule but now that it's popular to the point where alot of kids play it, something had to be done, to protect them.
minecraft is a survival game, where you build with friends, not a -snip- pay to win unbalanced games with overpriced ranks. I hope the next update is coming soon.
04/30/2016 11:02 pm
Fliip
i am about to snap.

I do not make any profit out of a minecraft server. The only people who make profit are 1% of server owners who get thousands of players.

I think I've replied to about 500 of these comments, seriously skim through the replies ATLEAST
04/30/2016 10:29 pm
Konrad
Fliip

You can still use plugins at the community used. You just can't get donations for items that make the game unfair.
04/30/2016 10:22 pm
Fliip
Hoodiniator
adrianalmen

You do realize, that server owners can still earn money right? The Eula just removes P2W, meaning that the players can donate, whether they get nothing, or cosmetic stuff. Also, this whole reply makes you seem like a spoiled rich PVP-hungry kid trying to spend money to get better at the game the easier way.

04/30/2016 10:14 pm
Konrad
If you guys want the blacklist site here it is sessionserver.mojang.com/blockedservers

Here are the blocked servers
04/30/2016 10:03 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
CGBrothers
The EULA isn't necessary or unnecessary. The EULA maintains what Mojang wants the game to be about. Mojang wants a fun, even, creative game. They believe that P2W does not fit within that definition, and therefore they don't want it to be a part of their game.
04/30/2016 8:59 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Morphtato
The reason there is a EULA is simple. Mojang doesn't think it's fair that players have to pay in order to get the full experience of a server that they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Therefore, they updated the EULA to make it clear that P2W isn't allowed.

Server networks had about 20 months to adapt their donation stores to be EULA compliant. Unfortunately, some server networks decided to not listen. Therefore, they are now blacklisted. While I do believe there should've been an additional 30 days for a final grace period to allow those servers to comply, I totally understand what Mojang is doing here.

Yes, some changes can be made. For example, there should be a clear way to appeal the blacklist. However, the only thing we can really do at this point is adapt to the changes. I know it's going to be hard at first, but think that in the long run, it will be best for most people.
04/30/2016 8:17 pm
Monotone
Hoodiniator
JrcarpI went to his servers website. So you're getting mad because you can't charge people to win every fight. I mean this rank isn't even worth its cost.
MVP+
$30.00
The MVP+ Rank

- 5 extra portable chests /pv 5
- /enderchest Use the enderchest wherever you want to
- /nick Make a nickname for yourself
- /feed
- /ptime - Change your time
- /workbench - portable workbench
- /suicide - kill yoself!
- 6 Sethomes
- /soar 15 seconds of flying with a 10 minute cooldown
- Mine Spawners with Silk Touch Pickaxe
- 150k in-game cash
- 2x Mythical Key

/kit MVP
1x Full Diamond Armour - Protection 5 - Unbreaking 1
1x Diamond Shovel - Efficiency 4 - Unbreaking 1
1x Diamond Axe - Sharpness 4 - Efficiency 2 - Unbreaking 1
1x Diamond Pickaxe - Efficiency 4 - Unbreaking 1 - Silk Touch 1
2x Diamond Sword - Sharpness 5 - Unbreaking 1
4x God Apple
256x Cooked Porkchop
128x Oak Wood
128x Stone
128x Obsidian
2x Strength Potion
32x Granite
32x Andesite
32x Diorite

$30 just for this... And you wonder why Mojang enforced the EULA.

I paid less than that for my Legend rank on Mineplex, and got wayyyy more perks along with some actually INTERESTING stuff. Lol.
04/30/2016 8:13 pm
Hoodiniator
JrcarpI went to his servers website. So you're getting mad because you can't charge people to win every fight. I mean this rank isn't even worth its cost.
MVP+
$30.00
The MVP+ Rank

- /feed
- 6 Sethomes
- 150k in-game cash
- 2x Mythical Key

/kit MVP
4x God Apple
256x Cooked Porkchop
128x Oak Wood
128x Stone
128x Obsidian
2x Strength Potion
32x Granite
32x Andesite
32x Diorite

$30 just for this... And you wonder why Mojang enforced the EULA.
04/30/2016 7:31 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
I went to his servers website. So you're getting mad because you can't charge people to win every fight. I mean this rank isn't even worth its cost.
MVP+
$30.00
The MVP+ Rank

- /feed
- 6 Sethomes
- 150k in-game cash
- 2x Mythical Key

/kit MVP
4x God Apple
256x Cooked Porkchop
128x Oak Wood
128x Stone
128x Obsidian
2x Strength Potion
32x Granite
32x Andesite
32x Diorite
04/30/2016 7:10 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Derpling
I think the EULA is necessary. All it takes is to have a loving community, unique features, and original plugins to get donations. The community would love the server a lot, and they would donate to actually SUPPORT the server, not to get some godlike items. The corrupt P2W system of our fanbase isn't the right way. If you're complaining about server costs, pay for what you actually NEED. I'm sure that big servers, like Hypixel, Overcast Network, and Mineplex were once small servers, and with some good care, they became the booming servers they are today. If you want money, then GET YOUR LAZY BUTT OFF THE COUCH AND GET A JOB. If you can't afford a server, STOP WHINING AND DO SOMETHING! You obviously don't have common sense -_-
04/30/2016 6:37 pm
Hoodiniator
adrianalmen

You do realize, that server owners can still earn money right? The Eula just removes P2W, meaning that the players can donate, whether they get nothing, or cosmetic stuff. Also, this whole reply makes you seem like a spoiled rich PVP-hungry kid trying to spend money to get better at the game the easier way.
04/30/2016 5:30 pm
Konrad
Mojang is enforcing the Eula in 1.9.3. By adding a blacklist that blocks pay to win servers https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comm ... of_193_r2/ and [yt]HhsQ49uBeng[/yt]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome