Why Microsoft bought Minecraft REVEALED!

ItsJustMeSebs's Avatar ItsJustMeSebs7/30/15 6:32 am
7/30/2015 5:00 pm
The Silver Paladin's Avatar The Silver Paladin
I was laying in my bed, and i decided i want to play some minecraft. So i did and there i saw it, on the news of minecraft in the minecraft launcher, minecraft for windows 10. Then something in my head ticked and this 'Theory' came into my mind. What if Microsoft had all this planned ahead? What if Microsoft bough Mojang because they planned ahead! Well my theory is this;

Microsoft bough Mojang because they had it all planned ahead, they were creating windows 10 HoloLens, and after they bough minecraft windows 10 HoloLens were announced, also one of the first games showcased on Windows 10 HoloLens was Minecraft, so what IF they planned it all ahead to buy minecraft, create it for HoloLens because this would make them fortune! Holographic minecraft is surely amazing, and there are millions of minecraft players, i think you can put the rest of the pieces together.

This is only a 'Theory' so tell me your opinion on this.
ItsJustMeSebs
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2015 12:42 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Of course they planned it. Buy Minecraft - A popular game - Then advertise their new OS playing Minecraft! Also advertise the Hololens playing Minecraft!
07/30/2015 11:25 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
karrthus1
soon 50% of the world will be owned by Disney and 50% by Microsoft (Disney will by apple just to annoy Microsoft) and the only way to decide who is the most powerful is with a giant mech battle

YES
07/30/2015 11:10 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
They bought it to advertise Win 10 and Hololens, simple.
07/30/2015 9:02 am
Level 47 : Master Droid
FMC_David
ItsJustMeSebsI was laying in my bed, and i decided i want to play some minecraft. So i did and there i saw it, on the news of minecraft in the minecraft launcher, minecraft for windows 10. Then something in my head ticked and this 'Theory' came into my mind. What if Microsoft had all this planned ahead? What if Microsoft bough Mojang because they planned ahead! Well my theory is this;

Microsoft bough Mojang because they had it all planned ahead, they were creating windows 10 HoloLens, and after they bough minecraft windows 10 HoloLens were announced, also one of the first games showcased on Windows 10 HoloLens was Minecraft, so what IF they planned it all ahead to buy minecraft, create it for HoloLens because this would make them fortune! Holographic minecraft is surely amazing, and there are millions of minecraft players, i think you can put the rest of the pieces together.

This is only a 'Theory' so tell me your opinion on this.

Nice try kid, for someone who clearly wasn't around during all of the "Sell" phase where they pussy footed about for ages... it took, so long ;-;
07/30/2015 8:55 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
UnderscoreZeroLP
Title misleading? Nah.
07/30/2015 8:21 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
aledvojnik
NO! WAIT.. When microsoft bought mojang.. FOR 2.5 BILLION .. Does that mean they want to buy everything so they could be the best? Think about it.. It makes sense..
07/30/2015 11:00 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
soon 50% of the world will be owned by Disney and 50% by Microsoft (Disney will by apple just to annoy Microsoft) and the only way to decide who is the most powerful is with a giant mech battle
07/30/2015 5:00 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
can this happen now?

I want tghis to happen.

WHY CAN'T IT HAPPEN?
07/30/2015 9:06 am
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
No, they couldn't do that. Disney would beat them to it by a longshot.
07/30/2015 8:32 am
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
no, buying everything is ridiculous, far too expensive to be viable and at some point there is no return to be made as the economic calculation problem sets in and the company collapses under its own weight

the strategy is buying as few popular enterprises as needed to stay clearly ahead in customer numbers in their business field

mojang just needs a few guys to develop for them, while engaging millions of customers
that is a great purchase at just about any price

similar story with google and youtube, and facebook and whatsapp
07/30/2015 8:46 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
^ this.

This isn't Orwell's 1984. Don't overreact about things - Microsoft thought it would be beneficial to buy Mojang who owns a game that has sold millions, they did and now they're free to do whatever they want. Simple as that.
07/30/2015 12:14 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
What does "This" mean? The purchase of Minecraft? If so, I agree. However, the state of the world is pretty much 1984 all-round, just not as extreme in some cases but worse in other ways (like people paying for their tele-screens and carrying them around everywhere without the need to have them forced on to your person or property).
07/30/2015 8:15 am
Level 28 : Expert Engineer
Leojet Niopal
I love that theory :p
07/30/2015 8:14 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Mage
Sam54535
"Minecraft would make Microsoft fortune", Microsoft already has a fortune.
More likely Microsoft bought Mojang to promote upgrade to Windows 10 and to buy Hololense.
07/30/2015 7:06 am
Level 1 : New Network
Perthy
Lmao gg Notch
07/30/2015 7:05 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
aledvojnik
LOL
07/30/2015 6:44 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
microsoft bought mojang because notch tweated (as a joke) that he would sell minecraft for $2.5 billion and microsoft replied saying they would pay that for it
thus notch became a billionaire
07/30/2015 8:02 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
LMAO
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome