Why Minecraft NOW Sucks?

Flatty3's Avatar Flatty31/19/15 9:06 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 16
8/2/2015 2:49 am
galika1080's Avatar galika1080
Look Back 3 years ago. What's Minecraft? Now look at it. A big company owned by Microsoft marketed to little annoying kids with lego sets and toys. What happened to the classic inde game!?
Flatty3
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/02/2015 2:22 am
Level 43 : Master Musician
GerganaGZ
I think, that Minecraft is not too bad today... If you see all the redstone systems and creations and what you can do entirely in this game with your hands, you will see how Minecraft is really "a dumb blocks game". You can't also on Counter Strike on PC to connect with Kinect and play around with some programing (see SethBling's channel to see what I am talking about), or making flying horses in Lego's world or whatever was that game. That, I want to say, is in Minecraft now you can make impossible things, that in other games you cannot. That game is not only for annoying childs, playing with lego. Just think about it.
08/02/2015 2:49 am
Level 35 : Artisan Toast
galika1080
English is sub-par, but concept and ideas conveyed are the pinnacle of truthfulness.
08/02/2015 12:00 am
Level 21 : Expert Architect
Exail
It's the future, Minecraft was obviously going to happen like this, just like how Club Penguin was owned by the original makers then bought by Disney. What are you expecting? George Lucas got Star Wars bought by Disney for a lot of money. Companies are about money and money makes power, besides Mojang are developing new games such as SCROLLS which is one of their games.
08/01/2015 11:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Since this is still sort of relevant and was revived by the OP, it can stay. Carry on.
08/01/2015 11:13 pm
Level 43 : Master Button Pusher
ClashAssassin
how could a game get worse over time? Minecraft got better since it was first added. They add updates now and then. Microsoft didn't really do much since they bought minecraft.
08/01/2015 11:03 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
GummyAU
Not being mean to Minecraft, but technically I am, it has gotten bought by a major company and the updates that get released will be now stupid. What did Microsoft achieve by buying this game? 3 years ago as you said it was a classic indie game. What will Microsoft want to add to it? He may ask the creators to add the Windows 10 PC into the game.. Wouldn't that be stupid?

Seriously, What did Notch achieve by selling it to Microsoft, sure Notch got 2.5 Billion dollars, and bought the Beverly Hills Mansion, but what was the point, he could have made more than 2.5 Billion dollars if he had kept the game and got his developers to make the game a bit more fun but ever since Microsoft bought it the game turned to -snip-.

I think it's important we draw in another game for reference. Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends, were also bought out by another company. Tencent, their new parent, had the same challenges as Microsoft. They had previously bought game developers and their franchises, and tried to impress some of their own business model on them. However, with Riot games, Tencent hasn't really done much at all. This is because Tencent and many other Chinese-based companies had a hard time penetrating Western markets, and so Tencent had the strategy to let Riot just do their own thing, maybe telling them not to offend the Chinese audience for their game. Looks like it worked.

All that aside, it appears as though Microsoft is trying the same thing. As we can see by what happened with Bungee, the makers of the Halo franchise of games, Microsoft tried to keep their company's ideology in Bungee's plans, and even forced them to restrict themselves (e.g. Halo could only ever be on the Xbox platform). Look what's happened now - Bungee separated and made a game (Destiny), which from what I've heard about it and seen of it doesn't appear to be anywhere near as great as Halo, and 343 Industries, the developers that replaced Bungee, aren't doing the best job possible (I'll admit, Bungee's shoes would be hard to fill no matter what, but it's unfortunate there have been so many problems with 343's games thus far). It appears to me as though Microsoft is doing the same strategy as Tencent did with Riot Games - They're just letting Mojang do their own thing, and telling them, "Hey, guys... Let's just get cracking on this Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft, and keep up the good work!".

Long story short, it's been a while since Microsoft bought Mojang, and judging by the fact they haven't really done anything with Mojang since purchasing it, I doubt they'll do much with Mojang period.

However.

In my opinion, Minecraft really has gone downhill. At least for me, I loved the wackiness that came with the bugs, the interesting mechanics, basically everything. Unfortunately, though, I really lost interest after the hunger bar was added. I would say my biggest gripe with the game at this point is the hunger bar. If it was removed, I think I would have a lot more fun with the game. Sadly, though, as it stands I am more or less burnt out on the game. I stopped playing for the most part after the first "official" release (1.0 or something? I can't remember, it's been a while) of Minecraft.

Those were my two cents.
08/01/2015 10:52 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Unicorn
Saracalia
In a way, I do agree that Minecraft is crap, but it isn't because of Microsoft, or because it looks like Lego! But I still do find the game a bit enjoyable to play, because of new ideas you can come up with in Creative!

But I wish the game could be added to be a bit more where the game could be more enjoyable in survival, for example, more bosses, especially in the actual world, and not just in the nether or the end.
08/01/2015 10:47 pm
Flatty3
Eighth_Flame
Flatty3Look Back 3 years ago. What's Minecraft? Now look at it. A big company owned by Microsoft marketed to little annoying kids with lego sets and toys. What happened to the classic inde game!?

Well, first off, and most importantly:

What's wrong with Legos?! I'm 16, and Legos are one of the greatest things made since the wheel and pants! You sir, obviously don't know what fun is. Dx

And as a side-note... Minecraft is completely fine the way it is... nothing has changed besides the fact that a different company owns it. It's not like the moment Mojang was bought out, they changed Minecraft into some Microsoft-esque game that's not Minecraft. It's still a fun game. Even if Mojang hadn't have been bought out, what would be different? >_>

Neither do I have anything against Legos. I just see it as Minecraft being more than A game now, More of a commercial enterprise. You know companies are trying to rub off of something big when they make Lego sets. A mock Lego company even made COD building sets! I don't like the fact that the game is being marketed as a toy instead of a game. I even see commercials on tv for Minecraft toys. I do have action figures, but I put them on display, I don't play with them. My basic problem is how they are now marketing Minecraft, ( and partially what has happened to the game itself.)

Just think of it this way: GTA V Lego Sets, Agar.io Action Figures, Ohh just one more, Halo
01/19/2015 9:38 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
GummyAU
The change is fine, but Notch was being a selfish idiot wanting 2.5b but it was his decision, I don't know him personally but just saying^
01/19/2015 9:35 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Eighth_Flame
He sold it because he didn't want the pressure of working on such a massive and popular game anymore. It was pretty much him and his friends working on Minecraft and I dunno about you, but that seems like it'd be pretty stressful. Also, I think people are just saying that Minecraft is bad now because they don't like change... amirite? :3
01/19/2015 9:30 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
GummyAU
Not being mean to Minecraft, but technically I am, it has gotten bought by a major company and the updates that get released will be now stupid. What did Microsoft achieve by buying this game? 3 years ago as you said it was a classic indie game. What will Microsoft want to add to it? He may ask the creators to add the Windows 10 PC into the game.. Wouldn't that be stupid?

Yo Dawg, I heard you like PC's so I put a PC in a PC so you could PC while PCing.

Seriously, What did Notch achieve by selling it to Microsoft, sure Notch got 2.5 Billion dollars, and bought the Beverly Hills Mansion, but what was the point, he could have made more than 2.5 Billion dollars if he had kept the game and got his developers to make the game a bit more fun but ever since Microsoft bought it the game turned to -snip-.

Back to the 2.5B, the game itself costed around $26 and the plush toys were sold for a lot of money also the Lego, the T-Shirts. He would have made more money than he had gotten by selling the game to Microsoft and now it probably won't be a classic indie game it'd probably become a crap fps game.

Hmm.
01/19/2015 9:38 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
Notch sold it because he didn't want to be responsible for something this big, not because of the money.
http://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/
01/19/2015 9:34 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
Phant
From what I've heard, Notch was getting irritated by the community, so at one point he said, "Screw it, who wants to buy Mojang?" (It's even somewhere in his tweets)
01/19/2015 9:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
The edge is strong in this post.

The game is absolutely fine how it is.
The only annoying thing that's happened to the game since Beta is the addition of obsessive fans who worry about their game being popular.
01/19/2015 9:26 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Eighth_Flame
Flatty3Look Back 3 years ago. What's Minecraft? Now look at it. A big company owned by Microsoft marketed to little annoying kids with lego sets and toys. What happened to the classic inde game!?

Well, first off, and most importantly:

What's wrong with Legos?! I'm 16, and Legos are one of the greatest things made since the wheel and pants! You sir, obviously don't know what fun is. Dx

And as a side-note... Minecraft is completely fine the way it is... nothing has changed besides the fact that a different company owns it. It's not like the moment Mojang was bought out, they changed Minecraft into some Microsoft-esque game that's not Minecraft. It's still a fun game. Even if Mojang hadn't have been bought out, what would be different? >_>
01/19/2015 9:07 pm
Flatty3
Bad spelling thanks to touchpad on ipod
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome