Why is minecraft pocket edition so neglected and unpopular?

Rainbou_Fondler's Avatar Rainbou_Fondler7/21/15 11:22 pm
1 emeralds 2.3k 17
9/24/2015 9:59 pm
Zitzabis's Avatar Zitzabis
i have had minecraft pocket edition since it was first released and when i lost my original minecraft pc account, it was a mainstay of mine for two whole years! i love the pocket edition community and the game itself! why do others tend to neglect it and why is it that there is a feeling that people could care less about it whenever it is brought up? i think pocket edition deserves more publicity and acknowledgement in the minecraft community. what do you guys think?
Rainbou_Fondler
Level 58 : Grandmaster Baconator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/24/2015 8:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
klmmc13
BTW- is there a manual for PE? or do we just figure it out as you go??
09/24/2015 9:59 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
No, it works on the same system as MC. Learn as you go.

Let's not necro post.
/locked
09/24/2015 8:42 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
klmmc13
PE is affordable, and easily put onto a tablet, rather than a tiny-screened phone, and just as portable.

I've got a 10" KindleFire that my youngest likes to play on more than on a PC.
(it's got 32gig memory, and the newest ones are 64gig)
I've also got a windows tablet that has 64g onboard, and SDchip for another 64g.
I don't think memory is the issue anymore.

Now if I can just figure out how to link them together so they can play together, I'll have it made.

MamaDragon
08/02/2015 10:54 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
There is only so much you can get into a mobile game, and the base concept of Minecraft was never really meant for mobile. I personally think its a miracle what they'e been able to do with it so far.
08/02/2015 10:38 am
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I think it's mostly the controls.
08/02/2015 10:22 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
I read somewhere that PE has more buyers than the PC version..
It is just known as "not as good as pc"... But the PE version is really fast in updating nowadays...

Minecraft PE is cool, but if you are used to PC version, it sucks...

BTW I really like the boat controls in PE!
08/02/2015 7:58 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Karbru
It's not really that unpopular, look at one of the big server networks on PE, as a example Lifeboat, last time I checked there were over 13000 players across the world. Minecraft PE is not as popular on Planet minecraft because of the lack of features for sharing worlds, Hopefully that and mods will be a upcoming feature for minecraft, its bound to come eventually.

It may look less popular from a PC gamers view because of the lack of features and sites compared to Minecraft PC. Its a mobile game, of course people are not going to use it as much, look at any mobile game on the appstore, most of them don't have huge websites based around that game. I'm excited for what the PE team can add, as a frequent user.
08/01/2015 10:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Geek
ThatWiiMaster
spc8911
Zitzabis wrote:
This.
It also depends on the community you're in. The community here is mainly PC MC players since that's the only platform you can share projects/resource packs/skins/mods on. It's not really neglected, just not focused on since this community doesn't have a need for it

It's possible to share MCPE worlds on Planet Minecraft, it's just not common since not many people know how to do it. All you need is a program that can view/manipulate the files on your phone. (I recommend iExplorer.)

And since 0.11 you can share skins but again, you use a file explorer of some sort.
08/01/2015 10:22 pm
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Stratosmonger
Zitzabis wrote:
This.
It also depends on the community you're in. The community here is mainly PC MC players since that's the only platform you can share projects/resource packs/skins/mods on. It's not really neglected, just not focused on since this community doesn't have a need for it

It's possible to share MCPE worlds on Planet Minecraft, it's just not common since not many people know how to do it. All you need is a program that can view/manipulate the files on your phone. (I recommend iExplorer.)
07/22/2015 1:02 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
It's not "unpopular" really, it's been on the top of the different app stores almost every since it was released.
07/22/2015 1:21 am
Level 25 : Expert uwu
Sezei
Actually its more popular within the .apk users...
08/02/2015 10:23 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
True, but illigal
07/22/2015 2:16 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Under different app stores he considers all stores, not only ios ones.
07/22/2015 1:19 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
This.
It also depends on the community you're in. The community here is mainly PC MC players since that's the only platform you can share projects/resource packs/skins/mods on. It's not really neglected, just not focused on since this community doesn't have a need for it.
07/22/2015 12:50 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Baconator
Rainbou_Fondler
i think the controls are very easy to use. i was able to get use to them within my third day playing it.
07/22/2015 12:16 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
The controls are hard to use. That's pretty much the only reason. I mean, who wouldn't want Minecraft on the go?
07/22/2015 12:13 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Skinner
ObsidianOwen
it's a phone game...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome