Why so much hate for the new Call of Duty game coming soon?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW5/5/16 8:27 pm
1 emeralds 3.8k 105
5/30/2016 9:25 pm
PsychoGuy141's Avatar PsychoGuy141
So, as a person who has no interest in the Call of Duty series, I think the hate for the upcoming Infinite Warfare is a bit uncalled for.

The only argument I've constantly heard about why people hate it is "It's set in the future." How is that even bad?

Just seems like your standard Call of Duty game to me. So why the hate? :/
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2016 9:25 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Cowboy
PsychoGuy141
AnimeFanFTWSo, as a person who has no interest in the Call of Duty series, I think the hate for the upcoming Infinite Warfare is a bit uncalled for.

The only argument I've constantly heard about why people hate it is "It's set in the future." How is that even bad?

Just seems like your standard Call of Duty game to me. So why the hate? :/

People are hating on it because: 1, it's the same old futuristic setting with jump boosts and the same old guns, 2, the only way you will be able to buy Cod 4 Remastered is if you buy this crappy futuristic mess, and 3, they keep on talking about this game as if there was nothing they could do to make this new game great, look at Battlefield, they went way back in time to WW1 and it's probably going to be the new big mainstream game that every has.
05/30/2016 9:07 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Unfortunately, I was for some time in the call of duty community and I do know why it's being disliked. Everyone wants the games like Modern Warfare 2 and Black ops 2 to be styled like those 2. They don't want boost jumping or laser guns they want a game again in the world wars era. Infinity ward(the current infinite warfare developing company) is usually releasing games that are in this era. Then they come out with a star wars like game and everyone is angered yet again because we have another futuristic call of duty.
05/30/2016 1:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
CoD mentality is as follows: churn out a whole bunch a games so players will think it's new content and overlook all our faults in gameplay and the storyline. Oh, and make sure if they want the re-mastered editions of our games, make sure they have to buy the newest game first when they could just pay $10-$20 on it instead. And remember to take an extra long time to fix bugs and glitches that players keep nagging us about!
05/30/2016 1:12 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Call of Duty is a war simulator franchise that, up until recently, has been set either in the past or present, not the future. People play CoD for that kind of atmosphere - if they want futuristic sci-fi gameplay, they go play Halo or Planetside 2. CoD is becoming something that other franchises do much better, and it's ruining the franchise's reputation.
05/30/2016 12:40 pm
JediJerboa
I know no one has talked on here in a while but I did have to share this bit of news regarding Infinite Warfare. The people who got early access to the game sent out some suspicious tweets. Many of them read: I got to play Infinite Warfare MP last week, wish I could say more but I can say I loved the way it felt InfinityWard thanks for the inv *heart emoji*. Something doesn't seem right there... My guess is that they were paid off and copied the tweet so they could play.
05/30/2016 8:28 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Or, you know...they actually liked the game

Not saying it's true, but you're getting a bit carried away with thinking everything about this game is a conspiracy. You can hate on CoD all you want, but at least CoD has a reputation of doing multiplayer very very well. We'll have to wait to test out the multiplayer ourselves.

I mean heck, when Doom 2016 released a multiplayer Beta, people hated it. Then the actual game released. And people loved it. Don't get carried away.
05/30/2016 1:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
That makes it worse... if you have to pay someone to say something good about the game... then that might be a hint to stop what you are doing and actually make a game where people don't need to be paid to say something good about it
05/15/2016 3:34 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
JediJerboa
Latiodile
brostermediathe 80 dollar price tag is canadian dollars

exactly. overpriced.

I did the math, and the game would be $61.83 here in the U.S. Still a lot of money for a trash game tho.

if people would stop paying we wouldn't have this, yet people complain and still buy. i recently bought mw2 again and that was worth the 10 euros it was on g2a
05/14/2016 8:57 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Ladies and Gentleman

The Infinite Warfare Trailer is now the 2nd most disliked video in Youtube history. It's more hated then Rebecca Black's "Friday"

05/14/2016 5:37 pm
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
My only problem with Call of Duty is that there are a lot of 7 year olds screaming insults at me. Other than that, it's an okay game. I've played better, but I see why a lot of people like it.
05/14/2016 5:21 pm
JediJerboa
Latiodile

exactly. overpriced.

I did the math, and the game would be $61.83 here in the U.S. Still a lot of money for a trash game tho.
05/14/2016 5:15 pm
Latiodile

exactly. overpriced.
05/14/2016 4:47 pm
brostermedia
Latiodile
87manNearly every COD game is the same. Just with more tech. So, yeah. Not worth my 80-120 bucks.

fix'd

the 80 dollar price tag is canadian dollars
05/13/2016 9:57 am
Latiodile
87manNearly every COD game is the same. Just with more tech. So, yeah. Not worth my 80-120 bucks.

fix'd
05/13/2016 1:57 am
AnimeFanFTW
Urrnge
WilliamWallaceCall of duty is the symbol of internet idiots to me, and to many many others I know. It's mindless, insult screaming, Jar-head wannabe fools that lap it up and make up its community just make me sick, most of the people that I know of that play that are also addicted to ANY other mindless sensation possible, this game is the "shiny" repackaged CRAP that plagues the world today, sure, maybe COD 1 was okay, and so was Fast and the Furious 1.... but when something gets over played again and again with little to no change in actual story line, game play, graphics, or really anything at all, it makes you wonder what the hell us wrong with the world...

The makers of Call of duty don't care about game play, the community, the game, the ANYTHING other than extracting a fat amount of money from you in a systematic fashion for the same old -snip- game that they came out with years and years ago, and the players buy it. to answer you as to why it's not becoming dis-liked? well even a lab rat will choose the other door after it gets shocked time and time and time again by the same repackaged wall-mart quality garbage of a game, and when those rats all start to realize they they have been played by this joke of a company for that long... well... as the community is based off of how many insults you can throw into the lobby before the game starts I am not surprised to see them putting their talents to use on the maker, as it is well deserved. The game is a broken worn out record with no aim at changing as there ALWAYS seems to be a mass of dullards prepaying for anything these days, then attempting (and failing) to get their money back when they find out they were sold jack stuff more than they already had.

I just wish people would actually stop supporting companies like this that make it their life's work to put out half done, shotty quality games on a schedule just to keep their crap mediocre company afloat. The music industry is riddled with artists just like this, whom put out mediocre music to make a living, but never actually consider being an artist ART, just a easy way to make a phat paycheck while doing nothing but replaying the same old -snip- you all have heard before.

Makes you wonder what's wrong with the world? wew lad. Goddamn dude, get a freaking grip. It's okay to not like Call of Duty, but it's just a video game, not a plague. And just because people get enjoyment out of something you don't like, that doesn't make them mindless idiots.

If the formula works, there is little reason to add drastic changes to it. For example, Pokemon's base game has been the same for about 20 years now. However, it is still one of the most popular series of games out there. They change some mechanics so it doesn't become completely dull, like adding new types, moves, Pokemon, and breeding mechanics. However, the base game of catching and raising your Pokemon is still pretty much the same. Just like Call of Duty, it's still a game about shooting people, but they add different weapons, mechanics, maps, and customizations in each game.
Pretty much agreed 100% to what Urrnge said.
They're also a company, so of course their primary objective is to make money. That's the whole point of a business: get that dough. A lot of people like their games, so they try to appeal to them rather than those that aren't fans.

I also like how you decided to lump music you don't like in your rant just for the hell of it.

Agree with Urrnge 100%
05/13/2016 1:50 am
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
WilliamWallaceCall of duty is the symbol of internet idiots to me, and to many many others I know. It's mindless, insult screaming, Jar-head wannabe fools that lap it up and make up its community just make me sick, most of the people that I know of that play that are also addicted to ANY other mindless sensation possible, this game is the "shiny" repackaged CRAP that plagues the world today, sure, maybe COD 1 was okay, and so was Fast and the Furious 1.... but when something gets over played again and again with little to no change in actual story line, game play, graphics, or really anything at all, it makes you wonder what the hell us wrong with the world...

The makers of Call of duty don't care about game play, the community, the game, the ANYTHING other than extracting a fat amount of money from you in a systematic fashion for the same old -snip- game that they came out with years and years ago, and the players buy it. to answer you as to why it's not becoming dis-liked? well even a lab rat will choose the other door after it gets shocked time and time and time again by the same repackaged wall-mart quality garbage of a game, and when those rats all start to realize they they have been played by this joke of a company for that long... well... as the community is based off of how many insults you can throw into the lobby before the game starts I am not surprised to see them putting their talents to use on the maker, as it is well deserved. The game is a broken worn out record with no aim at changing as there ALWAYS seems to be a mass of dullards prepaying for anything these days, then attempting (and failing) to get their money back when they find out they were sold jack stuff more than they already had.

I just wish people would actually stop supporting companies like this that make it their life's work to put out half done, shotty quality games on a schedule just to keep their crap mediocre company afloat. The music industry is riddled with artists just like this, whom put out mediocre music to make a living, but never actually consider being an artist ART, just a easy way to make a phat paycheck while doing nothing but replaying the same old -snip- you all have heard before.

Makes you wonder what's wrong with the world? wew lad. Goddamn dude, get a freaking grip. It's okay to not like Call of Duty, but it's just a video game, not a plague. And just because people get enjoyment out of something you don't like, that doesn't make them mindless idiots.

If the formula works, there is little reason to add drastic changes to it. For example, Pokemon's base game has been the same for about 20 years now. However, it is still one of the most popular series of games out there. They change some mechanics so it doesn't become completely dull, like adding new types, moves, Pokemon, and breeding mechanics. However, the base game of catching and raising your Pokemon is still pretty much the same. Just like Call of Duty, it's still a game about shooting people, but they add different weapons, mechanics, maps, and customizations in each game.

They're also a company, so of course their primary objective is to make money. That's the whole point of a business: get that dough. A lot of people like their games, so they try to appeal to them rather than those that aren't fans.

I also like how you decided to lump music you don't like in your rant just for the hell of it.
05/13/2016 12:21 am
AnimeFanFTW
Woodilicious
AnimeFanFTWJust seems like your standard Call of Duty game to me

That is exactly why it's hated. It is literally just another unnecessary sequel to a game series that died long ago. There is no resurrection for the CoD series. It's been dead since Ghosts.

How is the series died, if each game sells millions of copies?
That makes absolutely no sense. :/
05/13/2016 12:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Network
87man
Nearly every COD game is the same. Just with more tech. So, yeah. Not worth my 60 bucks.
05/12/2016 11:58 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
AnimeFanFTWJust seems like your standard Call of Duty game to me

That is exactly why it's hated. It is literally just another unnecessary sequel to a game series that died long ago. There is no resurrection for the CoD series. It's been dead since Ghosts.

I mean yeah, these are all subjective opinions of mine. But honestly, the hate is uncalled for. Just buy/play the games you like, and don't buy/don't play the games you don't like. It's that simple. There's really no need to be Nazis who go on witch hunts for people who have different opinions on games as you. I thought society has advanced past the "your opinion is different from mine, therefore you're an idiot" stage, but sometimes I wonder whether or not that statement is accurate.
05/12/2016 3:26 pm
Latiodile
WilliamWallaceCall of duty is the symbol of internet idiots to me, and to many many others I know. It's mindless, insult screaming, Jar-head wannabe fools that lap it up and make up its community just make me sick,

not everyone is like that.. you should play with friends if you want to stay away from the raging squeakers.

WilliamWallacewhen something gets over played again and again with little to no change in actual story line, game play, graphics, or really anything at all, it makes you wonder what the hell us wrong with the world...

I agree. FNAF took too long to die, yet there's a new one coming out

WilliamWallaceThe makers of Call of duty don't care about game play, the community, the game, the ANYTHING other than extracting a fat amount of money from you in a systematic fashion for the same old -snip- game that they came out with years and years ago, and the players buy it.
i already pointed out that their response to these dislikes is that they don't care...

WilliamWallace to answer you as to why it's not becoming dis-liked? well even a lab rat will choose the other door after it gets shocked time and time and time again by the same repackaged wall-mart quality garbage of a game, and when those rats all start to realize they they have been played by this joke of a company for that long... well...

it already is, has been starting to become disliked since ghosts came out, pay attention.

WilliamWallace as the community is based off of how many insults you can throw into the lobby before the game starts I am not surprised to see them putting their talents to use on the maker, as it is well deserved.

But watching youtube videos like that is funny, and no.. it isn't like that, only on consoles.. try playing on PC, nobody uses voice chat.

WilliamWallaceThe game is a broken worn out record with no aim at changing as there ALWAYS seems to be a mass of dullards prepaying for anything these days, then attempting (and failing) to get their money back when they find out they were sold jack -snip- more than they already had.

fair enough.

WilliamWallaceI just wish people would actually stop supporting companies like this that make it their life's work to put out half done, shotty quality games on a schedule just to keep their crap mediocre company afloat. The music industry is riddled with artists just like this, whom put out mediocre music to make a living, but never actually consider being an artist ART, just a easy way to make a phat paycheck while doing nothing but replaying the same old -snip- you all have heard before.

I just wish people would stop accepting tons of DLC and microstansactions.. make companies learn that this is bad, and DLC + Micro Transactiosn is just.. no.. it encourages half-made games to be released.
05/12/2016 2:51 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Cake
WilliamWallace
Call of duty is the symbol of internet idiots to me, and to many many others I know. It's mindless, insult screaming, Jar-head wannabe fools that lap it up and make up its community just make me sick, most of the people that I know of that play that are also addicted to ANY other mindless sensation possible, this game is the "shiny" repackaged CRAP that plagues the world today, sure, maybe COD 1 was okay, and so was Fast and the Furious 1.... but when something gets over played again and again with little to no change in actual story line, game play, graphics, or really anything at all, it makes you wonder what the hell us wrong with the world...

The makers of Call of duty don't care about game play, the community, the game, the ANYTHING other than extracting a fat amount of money from you in a systematic fashion for the same old -snip- game that they came out with years and years ago, and the players buy it. to answer you as to why it's not becoming dis-liked? well even a lab rat will choose the other door after it gets shocked time and time and time again by the same repackaged wall-mart quality garbage of a game, and when those rats all start to realize they they have been played by this joke of a company for that long... well... as the community is based off of how many insults you can throw into the lobby before the game starts I am not surprised to see them putting their talents to use on the maker, as it is well deserved. The game is a broken worn out record with no aim at changing as there ALWAYS seems to be a mass of dullards prepaying for anything these days, then attempting (and failing) to get their money back when they find out they were sold jack -snip- more than they already had.

I just wish people would actually stop supporting companies like this that make it their life's work to put out half done, -snip- quality games on a schedule just to keep their crap mediocre company afloat. The music industry is riddled with artists just like this, whom put out mediocre music to make a living, but never actually consider being an artist ART, just a easy way to make a phat paycheck while doing nothing but replaying the same old -snip- you all have heard before.
05/12/2016 2:44 pm
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
It is easier to jump on a bandwagon of hate than to objectively judge things.

As for me personally, I genuinely don't care. All of the Call of Duty games have everything that repels me: guns, thoughtless video game violence and a lacking story.
05/12/2016 2:00 am
AnimeFanFTW
The trailer is now the 4th MOST DISLIKED VIDEO EVER

How even?
05/12/2016 12:01 pm
Latiodile
best part of this, they don't even care.. they legitimately made a response saying they don't care... great marketing tactic...
05/12/2016 2:17 pm
brostermedia
and being one of the most disliked videos brings A LOT of publicity
05/11/2016 8:02 pm
JediJerboa
I just remembered the stupid zombie thing is gonna be in this game probably, I dunno. I stopped after Call of Duty 2. What do I know? They will probably make some sort of alien mode or way worse.
05/12/2016 4:49 am
brostermedia
aliens was already a thing in Ghosts called Extinction, it was actually rather enjoyable and is really fun when you play it with friends
05/12/2016 5:38 pm
JediJerboa
That's not the issue. I never said it wasn't fun. The problem with this game mechanic is that it puts an overused idea and pairs it with another overused idea. The result is just one big cliche with nothing new on the table. And Call of Duty makes this even worse by changing only barely or just not at all in gameplay and ideas. So yeah, the future of Call of Duty looks pretty dull to me.
EDIT: War and Zombie games aren't very innovative anymore, and neither are first-person alien shooters. So whatever this game turns out to be will be nothing new in the gaming community.
05/11/2016 7:24 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
the way i see it, its the same game, 95% of the graphics are the same, onlything difrent is the name, i could be wrong but im not really into the same game re released every year
05/11/2016 7:22 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
I don't understand the hate, but I can see where they're coming from. I try to not judge things off of trailers (I did that with Zootopia, thought it would suck because the first trailer for it wasn't good, but it was good.)

Also, I've only ever played MW2, and that was really good. If they can pull it off, then sweet. If not, sucks to be them.
05/11/2016 7:15 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
Knight
What? I played BO2, that story was terrible. Predictable characters and plot points everywhere, no real sense of direction, just a series of events that happened to the protagonist. It's a really repeated story; take the protagonist, give him a friend/guy from old times/squad, make him lose one of them or more to set up a villain, hunt down the villain. That in and of itself is a perfectly fine story, but they're repeated it so many damn times it's just not worth anything anymore.

Yeah, but people are still gonna buy it anyways, as long as they get money for it, they'll still make the same crap.
05/11/2016 4:44 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
tobbestark
Knight..., god-awful stories...

How can you say that?? The black ops (World at war - BO2) story is probably the best story in the gaming world, ever! It's so good and it all comes together, not to mention the black ops zombies story

What? I played BO2, that story was terrible. Predictable characters and plot points everywhere, no real sense of direction, just a series of events that happened to the protagonist. It's a really repeated story; take the protagonist, give him a friend/guy from old times/squad, make him lose one of them or more to set up a villain, hunt down the villain. That in and of itself is a perfectly fine story, but they're repeated it so many damn times it's just not worth anything anymore.
05/09/2016 7:07 pm
Level 88 : Elite Senpai
sekwah41
Look at the youtube video's like to dislike on cod

then look at battlefield 1

I think its because there is too much future and space its almost becoming a different game from what its older versions used to generally be. Whereas battlefield 1 is going back for what looks like AMAZING graphics and old war style realism. I mean if i wanna space game with ships ill get Everspace when it comes out or go play Elite:Dangerous (they are being pretty bad with how they handle dlc atm compared to past games).
05/09/2016 6:56 pm
Latiodile
Friend just sent me this through discord.

I can just assume it's an infinite warfare comment

EDIT: loool...
05/09/2016 6:47 pm
JediJerboa
I don't think that it's just in a future setting. There are many other factors that cause people, like myself, to hate most of the games. For one, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare were pretty much the same game. Also, there is WAY too much future stuff nowadays, and this game would have to compete with Overwatch and Doom for a while. If they should make any new Call of Duty games, I wish they were set in the past rather than the future. I really enjoyed Call of Duty 2, so something like that could really bring the franchise back to life.
05/09/2016 6:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pixel Painter
MineOps4321
The hate is caused by it looking like a new Halo game more than COD
05/09/2016 5:53 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
A lot of people wanna buy the COD4 remaster, but you gotta buy an extra game with it just to get it, which is stupid as hell. If they were separate, people would probably be fine with it. I'd imagine they'll release it seperately later, but I'm not sure they'd even do that.

On top of that, there's the, "lol dae cod sucks!!1! its literally the same every year!!" kinda people that hate it just for being Call of Duty, as well as people that just legitimately don't like the trailer.
05/11/2016 6:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
there putting the 2 together to push the sales of the main 1 up to keep investors happy because they know if the just released 4 again the investors would leave and go elsewhere because people are bored of the same old thing time in and time out
05/09/2016 3:44 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Quatec
tobbestark

How can you say that?? The black ops (World at war - BO2) story is probably the best story in the gaming world, ever! It's so good and it all comes together, not to mention the black ops zombies story

Personally I really enjoyed BO3, but I find as though that Activision can be very creative as the campaign of BO3 was creative as well as zombies in the first place.. But now, I just feel like they're focusing more on the zombies than anything else.
05/09/2016 3:33 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark

05/09/2016 2:53 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
05/09/2016 2:05 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/09/2016 1:22 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
TotallyNotMe
*Warning : Some facts in here are probably wrong, as I'm not that knowledgeable with the COD series.*

For me, COD has always been a FPS based in modern times, with a few differences with BO3 and extras. For the past 2/3 years, Activision have really messed up COD, and to see Infinite Warfare in space and extremely futuristic, kinda ruins the series. Like, completely.

I'm not a big fan of the COD series, but I like it, and to see something like that ruins it for me. It's like No Man's Sky hit Star Wars Battlefront 2.
05/09/2016 7:13 am
Latiodile
I always thought that battlefield 1 was already released... i'm confused
05/09/2016 7:22 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
I think your thinking of 1942 and 1943.
05/09/2016 7:36 am
Latiodile
those were the games that came out before bf2 and bf3?
05/09/2016 10:14 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
It was battlefield 1942 then battlefield vietnam then battlefield 2: modern combat then battlefield 2. I am excluding when dlcs were released.
05/09/2016 1:14 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Atleast we are getting Battfield 1 from Dice.

how did Justin bieber hit 1st place?
05/09/2016 1:36 am
AnimeFanFTW
Except Battlefield 1 is also worked on by EA. Don't be surprised if Battlefield 1 is horrible.

Also, Justin Bieber is 1st, because "Baby" is a horrible song.
05/09/2016 12:53 am
AnimeFanFTW
Welp
The trailer has reached 1 million dislikes.

And has become the 8th most disliked video of all time.

RIP
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome