Why?

KentaDasun's Avatar KentaDasun10/10/15 1:44 am
10/21/2015 4:32 pm
asixn's Avatar asixn
You know what? Most of these skins are the same. Join a minecraft server. Most of the skins would be those overused teenager skins, or the ones that are drooling for some reason. But why? Why are most of the minecraft skins the same? It doesn't make sense. Everyone is copying eachother. I'm tired of it. And, not only that there are people going around wearing youtuber skins. And some of them say its their own! Ive seen someone wear my skin and say its thiers and I'm tired of it. There a are websites that support theft like this. So how about this, lets try and stop art theft, and make everyone unique. A skin is supposed to make you different from everyone else. So make yourself different and not the same. Agree?
KentaDasun
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/21/2015 4:32 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Zombie
asixn
I always hear this on PMC. It's perfectly normal.

Anywaaaayyys. Let's get to the point.

It really just depends on the people's taste in skins. There really shouldn't be a problem about people's Opinion, it's just how it's made.
I know, I know, the originality of skins are dying. But people improve later and PMC will be a much more original website sooner in the future.

I guess my point is..
It's just another opinion people have. Simple as that
10/21/2015 3:10 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
babymonkeys
Well, not to be an little brat (which I am most certainly over the ager of 12 or whatever is considered "Little Kid Age") And I do indeed use a "Teen" skin I guess you call it but, I did indeed make it myself, well most of it I of course used the over used black hair that covers the face but I never wanted to change it until now, because I am also tired of the teen skins, but not at all saying nobody can use them, seeing teen skins is usually a way to see mature gamers from not mature gamers, because like you said most "Little Kid Age" people have a derp skin or teen skin, which so if your making friends on Minecraft it is easy to tell if your gonna have a conversation with a 10 year old or a mature person. That's how I see it and it helps me to love minecraft I don't hate any skins, and will receive hate for this because not all teen skins and stuff are younger age. and if your really so mad about skins, what influenced this rage inside you?
10/21/2015 3:03 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
The part about skin theft went
riiiight over almost everyone's heads.. in this thread...
10/21/2015 2:49 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Honestly, Minecraft skins are a double edged sword. If every Minecraft player on Earth has a teen skin, how is it possible to express oneself? Because if everyone had a unique skin, no one would stand out. So, even if people changed thier skins to more unique ones...who would stand out? Nobody.

So, in short, it is impossible to truly stand out in the world of Minecraft skins, even if everyone's skin is the same or different.
10/21/2015 2:20 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
Only the really young kids and the older kids that are actually teenagers have skins that arent teenager skins. I like that the 9-12 yr olds wear these skins, because its really easy to tell from an MLG player. And the really young kids have unshaded skins of derp. Only the experienced players hve shaded and complete skins.
10/21/2015 1:58 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
If people want to be unoriginal, let them be unoriginal.
10/21/2015 1:54 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This is such a tired argument. As much as we all want it, we'll never completely eradicate skin theft or change people's attitudes about claiming they made a skin that they really didn't. All we can do on PMC is flag skins belonging to users who've stolen them so we can get them off our site.

Regarding originality in general, I don't care if someone wants to wear Steve forever or if they pieced together some parts in a part armory. They can do them just fine. As long as they aren't claiming to have created the parts they used and they aren't posting it as their own on PMC, I couldn't care less.
10/21/2015 1:02 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Shockinprint
KentaDasunYou know what? Most of these skins are the same. Join a minecraft server. Most of the skins would be those overused teenager skins, or the ones that are drooling for some reason. But why? Why are most of the minecraft skins the same? It doesn't make sense. Everyone is copying eachother. I'm tired of it....

Then why would people upload skins?
What about the people who don't know skinning?
It takes ages to learn skinning.
10/10/2015 4:06 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
Mhmm, I guess I'll slide either way.

If everyone has the same generic teen skin, how does everyone express themselves? Everyone looks the same and I guess it's hard to learn much about a person. But then, on the other hand, if everyone had different skins then those who make their own cool original skins wouldn't stand out.

I try to keep my skin related to my username, and it is atm. Would be cool if others (yeah, people do but not many) related their skins back to their usernames. But that's another topic all together, and I believe that if people are happy with the skin they have, why should they have to change it?
10/10/2015 5:55 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
I have my own skin of a green man in a robe that kind of resembles Yoda!
10/10/2015 3:27 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
I don't know why people are hating just because this person is asking a question. Anyways, I was so dang close to hitting "yes" because it's something that's ticked me off for years. Adding to that is the fact that console doesn't allow personal skins to be imported. Whenever I play SkyWars with my friend TinMan, he finds me before I find him because he's got that teenager skin with the headphones and whatnot. But then I was kinda like, if everyone had to make their own skins, people who aren't good at art would be teased for having a bad skin, and there would be no such thing as a skinner. So there's my answer to your question. Some people rely on using other people's skins.

So if you're wondering who that *one* guy was that clicked the "I don't know" button? That was me.
10/10/2015 2:51 am
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
There are a lot of people who create great and unique skin but most people still follow these artless trends. But I wouldn't actually mind if more people used those quality skins.
10/10/2015 2:36 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Lad
ThatCobblestoneGuy
Who cares? If a person enjoys using a certain skin, let 'em use it. It shouldn't be of any concern. A person should be entitled to their own choices and preferences, regardless of if they fit your standards or not.
Just move along. If the skins bother you that much just ignore them. We're here to enjoy the game, not complain about others skins.
10/10/2015 2:38 am
KentaDasun
Yeah. That's why you clicked here.
10/10/2015 2:26 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Dinodaw
Complainers going to complain.
10/10/2015 2:35 am
KentaDasun
Not complaining, I'm asking a question.. which you didn't answer.
10/10/2015 2:40 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Dinodaw
I say that because every week it seems someone makes the exact same thread.

I would say the answer to your question is, changing demographics. Minecraft is played majorly by younger children now. It's easier for them to use popular skins then to come up with something original.
10/10/2015 2:53 am
KentaDasun
Eh, I see you're point.
10/10/2015 2:00 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
That's the exact reason why people make skins: for people to USE them.
10/21/2015 3:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
^
10/10/2015 1:51 am
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Everyone is entitled to what they want as their skin. If you're tired of it play on different servers, or on single player. I'm going to have to say no on this one, while on PMC I'm tired of seeing teenager skins, I think the people who choose their skin are able to choose freely which one they want.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome