Why DO you hate pewdiepie?

irritatedCat's Avatar irritatedCat8/24/15 4:16 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 64
9/1/2015 12:12 pm
Prince Oceanus's Avatar Prince Oceanus
If you watch any youtube at all, you've heard of pewdiepie. Maybe you've even watched one of his videos. A lot of people hate him, and I'm trying to find out why. Why exactly do you hate him? In the poll, I've selected a few reasons why people might hate him. Please, answer honestly. Don't say you hate him just because someone else did.
irritatedCat
Level 19 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/01/2015 12:12 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
I used to like Pewdiepie back when he was actually making quality stuff, but now he cuts about 95% of the funny stuff out of his videos.
09/01/2015 12:04 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
I don't hate him at all. I just tried his videos, and they didn't appeal to me. I don't even dislike him, I just didn't connect to his personality or sense of humor. I simply watch other youtubers, and don't click on his stuff.
09/01/2015 11:19 am
Level 40 : Master Architect
EOUSIS
He uses a foul language.
Kids might watch his videos, he is not being righteous.
09/01/2015 11:51 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ReactionsFaction
I'm Sure 'Kids' (Your referring to a Baby goat) Don't have Electronical stuff, apart from a electric fence surrounding them,

'Kids' Children,
In my Opinion 'Rightous' Isn't a Correct word to use for him, He does his best and its the childs choice whether there going to get in trouble or not , Children should not watch His video, But should learn as soon as they here foul language to back out. It's the Parents choice not yours
09/01/2015 11:15 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Ranger
Raxor1234
09/01/2015 10:42 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Why do people hate his fanbase? I don't hate him, but ever since he became super big, his videos lost this cosy feel they had and they became too edited. So basically his videos are to pro to be good.
09/01/2015 9:58 am
Level 47 : Master uwu
Joseph
He's incredibly profane and inappropriate.

Enough said.
09/01/2015 7:55 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
LotusBloom
I don't hate him..I dislike his fan base, and his style of commentary just isn't what I like.
08/31/2015 10:21 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
I like him.

He's funny to me and I like to just watch his videos when I got nothing else to do. I'm not part of his fanbase or "bro army" or whatever but I just like to watch his videos.

They're pretty funny.
It's weird that you made a thread about hating PewDiePie o.o
09/01/2015 3:23 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
It's people like this guy that always make me hopeful for every horrible fanbase out there.
08/31/2015 10:12 pm
irritatedCat
Bump.
08/29/2015 8:03 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Ghei
Rawkstarscotty
AnimeFanFTW
Flakko DzarkanHe's so incredibly obnoxious and makes money by doing unoriginal content that takes very little effort to make.

I'm guessing you haven't heard of his charity work then. :/
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... -indiegogo

Two things.

One, him doing charity work has nothing related to what Flakko said. He could be obnoxious and make his money by doing little to nothing, and still do charity work.

Two, he doesn't donate that much of his actual money in these things, (even though he makes about a million a year) he just asks his fans for their money. He does help out technically, but really only collects his fans money and publicizes the charity.

By no means an angry response, if you took it that way. I just interpreted some facts I found.
08/29/2015 7:26 pm
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
My friend is Obsessed about him! (btw my friend is also obsessed about Five Nights At Freddy's)

* Sigh
08/29/2015 7:10 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Rawkstarscotty
AnimeFanFTW
Flakko DzarkanHe's so incredibly obnoxious and makes money by doing unoriginal content that takes very little effort to make.

Two things.

One, him doing charity work has nothing related to what Flakko said. He could be obnoxious and make his money by doing little to nothing, and still do charity work.

Two, he doesn't donate that much of his actual money in these things, (even though he makes about a million a year) he just asks his fans for their money. He does help out technically, but really only collects his fans money and publicizes the charity.

By no means an angry response, if you took it that way. I just interpreted some facts I found.

I can see what you mean.

I still think Pewds is an excellent person. If people don't like him, that's fine. I didn't exactly like him at first. xD
08/29/2015 7:02 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
AnimeFanFTW

Two things.

08/29/2015 6:02 pm
AnimeFanFTW

08/29/2015 1:42 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Ghei
He's so incredibly obnoxious and makes money by doing unoriginal content that takes very little effort to make. That goes for almost all let's players out there as well. But I hate mainly him because all he does is talk in a higher pitched voice to emphasize *ahem "le supa funny moments xDDDDDDD" and scream. His fanbase is the second worst out of anything ever, right behind Sonic The Hedgehog.
08/28/2015 5:44 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake
Dart737
I used to be a huge fan of his, even being a member of the old forums he used to have. Over time he started to appeal towards a younger generation than previously, his jokes used to be pointed towards a more mature audience. He suddenly started appealing towards more younger people, mostly around preteen age or early teens, and thats when I started to find him annoying.
No, I don't think he's a bad person, he could give a bit more towards charities than he currently does (Look at mark for example, he spends almost one day of a month fully donating towards charities because he wants to make good use of his fame and set everyone on one, positive, goal.).
That and his editing style has gotten a little more towards kids recently as well.
Basically, I used to like him, but I don't anymore cause now he's just shouting 4/20blazit and curse words at a bunch of preteen boys who just learned the words he's spewing and think its funny :\
08/28/2015 5:18 am
Level 1 : New Miner
HeyJustHaroon
and thn he gus and sheeps 3,000 tuns of bannnannnnasss wuv all his money.. dun dun dunnn111!!!
08/28/2015 4:56 am
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher
RadiantGaming
I like how this a post about hating PewDiePie, and 47% of the votes are people who don't hate him xD
08/28/2015 2:42 am
Level 22 : Expert Mage
LemonzLemonsAges
I don't Hate him as such but I mostly find him kinda annoying.
08/28/2015 1:31 am
AnimeFanFTW
JetraI'm not really hating on the guy so much as his videos really annoy the heck out of me. His voice does bother me a bit but that's not really something he can change and not going to hold it against him.

Going to be honest, when I first heard his voice, I cringed. But I got used to it. Accents can be strong, and he has a strong accent.
08/27/2015 8:51 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
I personally find it hard to watch him. He doesn't take the game(s) seriously and he screams too much for my taste.
His fanbase, however, is like 3x as annoying as he is. It mainly consists of middle schoolers going through their "OMG IM SO RANDUMB!!!1!!!1111 TACO PANCAIKZZZ XDDDD" phase.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate the kid I just find him hard to watch. I know he's mentioned attempting to take a break but I've seen fans threaten suicide/self-harm/etc over that.
08/27/2015 7:36 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1389843
[deleted]
08/27/2015 8:23 pm
irritatedCat
Pewdiepie...
Yeah, how did he come up with it?
08/27/2015 7:24 pm
Level 28 : Expert uwu
MACHIN3
All he is is WATCH ME SCREAM MY ASS OFF UNTIL YOUR EARS BLEED
08/27/2015 7:07 pm
J3T_Fury
It's about a 50/50 split. So, that means, half of the people you ask, will say they hate him.

50% is still a fail. Get the -snip- out Pewds with your annoying voice, your terrible, god-forsaken videos and you miserable life.

I possibly hate Pewdiepie a bit too much. Can you blame me?
08/27/2015 7:17 pm
Calebach
Yes, I can. You have no legitimate reason to hate him other than your so called "reasons" which don't mean anything other than you're being extremely prejudice and biased
08/27/2015 6:57 pm
Level 49 : Master Fox
Orbiter
I don't really HATE him, just think he's overrated.
08/27/2015 6:56 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
Cyber-
Pewdiepie's a nice guy, but really, some of his fans are a bit too over the top and some are a bit too immature. But not all of them, though.
08/27/2015 3:09 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
I don't hate him, he's just not funny anymore. Mainly cause he got too big and has lost his motivation to youtube
08/27/2015 1:06 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
InkSpot
I dont hate him (though I hate cussing) it's really those disgusting people in his fan base same thing with Smosh (or Smoosh idk) also he has no filter when he talks so some dialog can be...gross...
08/27/2015 12:34 pm
RagingDoritos
I really don't hate him.. but his fanbase is annoying, lot's of pewdiepie fanboys. If you look in the comments, you'll find one person saying "omg i luv you poods mrry me".
08/27/2015 12:30 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
I'm not really hating on the guy so much as his videos really annoy the heck out of me. His voice does bother me a bit but that's not really something he can change and not going to hold it against him. To be fair I haven't really watched many of his videos just because he seems too...impersonal I guess, concentrating more on giving the game a full overview than, like, what I guess the YogsCast or jacksepticeye do which feels more like I have friends on a couch.

Most importantly though, his fanbase isn't the best community. They're better than what they were when he was still in the million subscriber range, but still you see them dotting the comments trying to start flame wars.
08/26/2015 8:47 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
I don't know why you would make a post asking "why" people hate a person.
That doesn't look good imo.
08/26/2015 10:56 pm
irritatedCat
I could see how people could twist the message, but the point of this blog is to find out if and why people would hate Pewdiepie. I'm planning on writing the biggest reasons.
08/27/2015 12:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
Nothing was twisted. Read your title.
08/27/2015 6:49 pm
irritatedCat
You didn't twist it, but another person might think that this is why I hate Pewdiepie. I personally like him for just some small entertainment, but other people don't.
08/26/2015 8:44 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
He is ok, its just I think his videos are made out to be better than what they actually are. (by the fanbase, of course)
08/26/2015 7:39 pm
Level 48 : Master Architect
Anakiiin
Topics like these are the ones that cause conflict around forums :/
08/26/2015 7:46 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
MarcTaylor
Isn't that what we all like?
08/25/2015 7:05 am
AnimeFanFTW
His fanbase and just basic jealousy.

That's it.
08/26/2015 8:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Same with the jealousy, not really the fan base.

MarcTaylor
IXAnakinXITopics like these are the ones that cause conflict around forums :/

Isn't that what we all like?

100%
08/25/2015 7:04 am
Level 24 : Expert Ranger
SuperSwoosh
Why would you hate pewdiepie...
His fanbase, I can see where you're coming from, but other than that, why would you hate him. I don't really see what to "hate" him about.
08/25/2015 6:56 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Pokemon
Ava
"I hate him because he makes too much money"
Wat..
Why would you hate someone because they make money? What next, you're going to hate Bill Gates?
08/26/2015 10:55 pm
irritatedCat
Jealousy. Some people are salty because he makes his money "unfairly."
08/26/2015 8:46 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
lmao

but I don't hate him, I just think he's ANNOYING.
08/25/2015 5:47 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
No hate from me, though I do have a severe dislike for the more dedicated fanboys that behave like highly motivated Jehovah's. His form of entertainment is just not my style.
08/25/2015 5:38 am
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I don't hate him, but I don't like his vids either. I know he exists and he is a global brand but that is it for me. I watched his vids, I don't like the games he plays, that's it.
08/25/2015 5:34 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Why do people hate his fanbase? There is nothing wrong with it. I don't hate myself but I think his videos are too edited.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome