Whydoes nobody have a good taste of skins anymore?

TacoMaster211's Avatar TacoMaster2117/22/14 12:54 pm
1 emeralds 3.5k 78
7/28/2014 5:42 pm
VertziForte's Avatar VertziForte
When I was on a server and did a skin comp, I lost right away. my skin is a green robot: . The winner had one of those hoodie with emo hair and headphones guy. What had happened to good skins?
TacoMaster211
Level 4 : Apprentice Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/28/2014 5:42 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
VertziForte
Well I see that most 'pre-teen' skins are solid colors. No shading and they often use black and colors that come in highlighters. Especially checkered skins.
-shivers-
07/28/2014 5:38 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
[]R4nd0m6000[]
Jerden1387
errorkn
Jex_InfiniteConsidering the average age of players on large public servers is around 11 or 12, I can't say their level of intelligence would impress me.

Those brainless creatures can't tell the difference between actual artistic masterpiece and recycled teen BS.

If you suck at skins, find a really original and detailed one from the internet.
Don't make your own, it will look bad.

I do not like bad skins.
I do not like them at all, the same with slim jims.

Sweet, I'm brainless. Good luck surviving the zombie apocalypse!

By the way, that's my skin.

Nice, I'm brainless too! My skin is ugly, but I like it and that's all that matters xD
WHOOP BRAINLESS CLUB! I wear teenage girl skins too! I still have yet to find someone wearing the same skin as me. I think some teen girl things are pretty, despite the copious amount of hate they get. SO HEAR YE, HEAR YE, SIR JEX, I AM A BRAINLESS CREATURE AND I DON'T CARE! ALL ABOARD FOR BS EXPRESS! CHOO CHOO! *Rides into the distance screaming pointless old-timey phrases*
07/28/2014 3:07 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
why do people care about others taste of skins?
07/28/2014 1:12 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Gary687
The annoying pre-teens who ask if anyone wants to be their gf are the ones to blame. All they do is barely edit the typical emo skins and think they have the best skins in the game. So sad XD
07/28/2014 1:11 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
Drrgons are bettah... way bettah
07/28/2014 1:10 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pirate
Jade-Craft
errorkn
Jex_InfiniteConsidering the average age of players on large public servers is around 11 or 12, I can't say their level of intelligence would impress me.

Those brainless creatures can't tell the difference between actual artistic masterpiece and recycled teen BS.

If you suck at skins, find a really original and detailed one from the internet.

I do not like bad skins.

Nice, I'm brainless too! My skin is ugly, but I like it and that's all that matters xD
07/28/2014 1:08 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pirate
Jade-Craft
:/ I like teen skins. xD Mainly because I can make what I wish I looked like, and what I do look like. But mine are regular badly shaded ones xD
07/28/2014 12:54 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Let's just be glad that those people aren't the ones judging PMC contests.
07/25/2014 12:12 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat

I do not like bad skins.

07/25/2014 10:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Considering the average age of players on large public servers is around 11 or 12, I can't say their level of intelligence would impress me.

I do not like bad skins.
07/25/2014 9:51 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
KansasCityGirl
There are still plenty of good skins out there. I say "If you stink at skinning. Don't skin at all"
07/25/2014 8:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
I feel you man! I feel you! All people get is the typical emo boy with a hoodie and/or headphones because they think they are cool. I think they are dumb. I made all my skins on my own, and didnt make emo skins. Besides, I like skins with 2 eyes
Check out my skin doing a little animation:
I encourage people to make their own skins, or go for unique. Stand out in the crowd!
07/25/2014 8:15 am
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
Ender_Destructor
I dont consider my skin a "Teenage skin", but maybe it is..? I dont know. It is not supposed to be a teenager, but it is inspired by brendan birch and remixed to be green and my own trainer. Does it look like a teenager skin? I hope not...

Link: http://www.mcskinsearch.com/skin/Ender_Destructor
07/25/2014 8:57 am
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
Naah, thats definitely not a teenage skin, but heres some examples of teenage skins:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/hoo ... s-2979693/
and
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/hoo ... n-2917494/
07/25/2014 7:52 am
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
ieryana
Do people really get bees in the their bonnets about the skins people choose to wear, which doesn't affect them in any way shape or form?
And then complain about people not being mature enough....

Wow.

07/25/2014 8:07 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
The_Sowhart
Not all the time but lets give a scenario.
A skinner enters a skin contest and they work really hard on their skin for their entry, they put a lot of effort into it and they have submitted it.
Then when it comes to who won, turns our that a over used skin that is a teen skin which is edited simply to change its colours, that that skin had won. How would the person who spent a lot of time and effort to make a good skin feel about that?

It's not simply about people who wear skins, thats perfectly fine, its just the fact that a lot of people don't seem to know what is a good skin or what is overused anymore that like in the scenario, that happens a lot.
07/28/2014 12:39 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Alfy
teens like teen skins
07/28/2014 2:19 pm
The_Sowhart
Not all teenagers do.
07/28/2014 1:18 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
0ChickenOrDuck0
At least 50% of Minecraft is Teens. They're actually original, and search up skins that no-one uses, or they make their own. But, around 30% of minecraft, Is Pre-Teens or just kids, and they like to sort of 'Blend in', and by doing that they get really popular skins. Now, some are highly more mature than they should be (one of these people is a staff member on my server, he's a great person.) and some are just plain stupid.

Now, this brings me to my point, even though what I just said was kind of making a point itself... But anyways, if you look at the people who are around 8-12, you realize that they have more common skins than others.
07/25/2014 8:55 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
VoidStarzZHD
I agree 110%
07/25/2014 7:39 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Thirdkyle
I got premium and I joined a skin contest, guess who won? A TEEN SKIN. In fact, HE IS CRACKED AND JUST STOLE A PREMIUM ACCOUNT.
07/24/2014 3:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
my skin is fancy..tis a mixture of 2 skins i found on here

and i have this one which original one was made by Draggie but i edited it to suit my needs

07/25/2014 5:51 am
The_Sowhart
swanky :p
07/23/2014 2:15 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
If kids are trying to be cool, then I'm hotter than them. I mean, I look so fabulous.

07/24/2014 3:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Click to reveal
#Fffffffaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuulllllooooooooooouuuuuuuussssssssssssssss
07/23/2014 11:41 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
ToTheSkye
I'm a female and at the moment of writing this I wear a skin that is female (not a generic girl skin). The original skin for it was done by an amazing skinner and it's a female pirate that looks authentic in my opinion. It wasn't the skinner trying to copy the same style as what's popular. The only alterations I did were recoloring so that it fit my personal style, and I never intend to redistribute that recolored version.

I don't exactly understand the big deal of "pretending to be a different gender". In fact I don't think that's even a thing. Before I used the skin I am now it was a Jaden Yuki skin, the male protagonist of the second Yu-Gi-Oh! series. If anyone wanted to know my gender all they had to do was ask, I wasn't going around saying that I was a boy, and men going around in female skins don't typically say that they're female. I act as I am in real life - somewhat tomboyish but never not feminine - when I go on servers. I don't mind the silly teen skins and what not. It's just an easy way to weed out those with a particular style out of the crowd. If you pointed out a user on a server wearing a copycat skin and asked me ten minutes later to recall their IGN I would have no answer. But if you pointed out a user with - let's just go with it in this instance - an original steampunk skin or even a well done Pokémon skin I'd be able to recall their name easily.

If they want to fit into the crowd, let them. Personally I like to stand out.

(This may have gone completely off topic...)
07/23/2014 10:17 am
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
I haven't seen anyone pretending to be girls on minecraft servers. I don't know if this is a recent thing or something, but most kids decide they're going to be their own gender, although the teen skin thing is usually what they choose.

But if that's what they want to use, then let them be. And if that is what someone chooses to win a server competition, then just let that be too.
07/23/2014 10:42 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
I have a female skin, but I don't pretend to be one on servers, so I guess it can be misleading sometimes. It does confuse some people though
07/23/2014 12:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Hmm, it could. All of my MC skins have been female until my current skin, which is only that because I was testing it out before I posted it and actually liked it. I haven't been on servers, but I guess that would be misleading too.

I don't generally make assumptions based on people's skins, but whatever if people do that that's fine.
07/23/2014 9:29 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
checkeredmine
Tanasmmo
checkeredmineI know right. Its either a teen skin winning or a girl. Minecraft players are so desperate for a girl so they let them win in a Minecraft comp xD

Whats wrong with a girl winning a skin comp? Sometimes the hosts are girls, and sometimes people are just looking for a skin they like. Sometimes its not even what you said.

and its all the time the same
07/22/2014 7:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MinecraftDudeA10
i know What you mean it like skins are Dead
07/22/2014 7:13 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe
Because instead of choosing a skin made by a skinner who possesses great quality, they choose to go to a site like Skindex or whatever they're called, and the most popular skins on sites like those are teens skins, or the classic 10 year old boy trying to be a girl, so he goes and gets a female skin, etc. Keep in mind that the game's playerbase is between the ages of 9 - 20, so you can always expect those >l33t emo teen boy with hoodie&headphones!!!!!< skins.

(Not sure if anyone else has brought all these up.)
07/22/2014 7:05 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
The judges have no creativity.
07/22/2014 5:35 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Shirotsuchi
Please keep in mine stating that skins are dead are your own personal opinion that they are dead, not necessarily fact. There are still many very well made skins out there, however due to the fact many people that have teenage skins lack the skill/creativity to create unique ones, many end up having very generic ones. It makes it insurmountably more difficult to actually find a good quality skin.

Overall what I am saying: skins are not dead, you simply need to put more effort into finding good quality ones.
07/22/2014 5:20 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
i fupping hate those generic teen with hoodie skins. especially those that are unoriginal and arent shaded. its the "emerald tools mod"s and "simple texturepack"s of the skins. some simple texturepacks are quite good, but a lot of them are pretty much the same. some more tools mods are also pretty awesome. and some teen skins are slightly different from the others and have good shading and those arent too bad, though i still wouldnt ever consider using any of them. but all in all the majority is just a whole bunch of unoriginal poop that are excactly the same except for maybe a few colours or a different single colour pattern on the front of the hoodie/shirt/whateverclochingisused. why cant people just be original and even more important: dont give the unoriginal a higher rating than the not-so-unoriginal/original stuff.

(apologes for my bad writing. i dont know how to words )
07/22/2014 5:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
[]R4nd0m6000[]
I had on a bear skin, and won. But it might've been because I admitted to being a female.
07/22/2014 5:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc1232741
[deleted]
07/22/2014 5:07 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
People use teen skins because anyone can make their own. People like to have their own skin, and most don't bother learning how to skin properly.

But learning is worth it, knowning what my skin was a year ago, and what it is now, putting some effort in makes a lot of difference.

Click to reveal
What I was using 1 year ago:

Current:

There's some good tutorials out there if you are willing to go and look.
07/22/2014 5:02 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior
ValleyDew
My skin is basically just i don't know how to explain it but it aint nun of the above
07/22/2014 4:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
checkeredmineI know right. Its either a teen skin winning or a girl. Minecraft players are so desperate for a girl so they let them win in a Minecraft comp xD

Whats wrong with a girl winning a skin comp? Sometimes the hosts are girls, and sometimes people are just looking for a skin they like. Sometimes its not even what you said.
07/22/2014 4:37 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
As a person who frequently switches between "teen skins" and "non-teen skins", it all comes down to what the person wants to have their skin as.

However, I think it all boils down to this-

Skins like these need to be thrown out of a window.
Also using YouTuber skins need to be thrown out of the window too.

However, going "AHMAGAWD TEEN SKINZ SUK U AL NED 2 STOP UZIN DEM RYT NAOW" is completely futile and will not get them to stop. And vice versa for people who rant about rants against teen skins.
07/22/2014 4:29 pm
checkeredmine
ik right xD its either a teen skin winning or a girl. Minecraft players are so despered for a firl so they let them win in a minecraft comp xD
07/22/2014 4:20 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Emo headphone hoodie guy won a skin competition?

07/22/2014 4:15 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
xXTheArcherXx
I agree with those who do not agree. I honestly do not like your skin, and would not have picked it. It is a cool skin, but I have seen better. I will admit that an emo dude is not a great skin. I will. But just because someone didn't like your skin doesn't mean no one has good taste in skins.
07/22/2014 3:57 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
I don't understand why you're upset that they didn't like your skin.

If you were to hold a contest you'd do the same thing I'm sure. The skins are always based on personal choice.
07/22/2014 2:43 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Mama_Slime
People have their own tastes. Some people like them teenage skins. I personally like more detailed skins! All people are different!
07/22/2014 2:40 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Answer
TheViridian
Don't take random people on server's opinions of skinning seriously, because most of them probably don't even realize that wearing a teen skin is unoriginal. As Azie said above, your skin is pretty generic, albeit not as much as teen skins. Mine's a Monkey. I kinda took a Chewbacca skin and put a monkey face on it.
07/22/2014 2:34 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
To be fair, your skin looks like the head came from a fairly well-done skin and then someone went over the body in a single shade of solid grey. Even if a "teen skin" did win the comp, it was probably because the texturing done on it matched better.
07/23/2014 9:28 am
checkeredmine
dont offend other people
07/22/2014 2:34 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
Crafty
When I first started skinning (And I think many other skinners agree on this) I didn't really mind "emo" or "cool" teen skins with absolutely no shading or detail, but now when I'm experienced it really gets on my nerves.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome