Wild West Open World RPG | NOW ON STEAM

Lacuna Corporation's Avatar Lacuna Corporation2/28/15 11:47 am
1 emeralds 24.8k 443
4/4/2016 5:25 am
Lacuna Corporation's Avatar Lacuna Corporation
Welcome to the Frontier!

Ready to but on your boots and head out into the wilderness?

Frontier is a Wild-West RPG, currently in Early Access, which puts you right into the American frontier. Mine rocks, chop trees, hunt animals, butcher kills, detonate explosives, drink alcohol, craft a wide range of objects and even build your own towns and settlements!

If you've been following development, you'll be pleased to know that you can now pick up a copy of Frontier on Steam! The first major update, v0.1.0, was just released. and the game is now a lot more stable. We're having some issues with Mac and Linux currently, but Windows is working perfectly now. We hope to have a patch for Mac and Linux out in the coming days.

Frontier Official Steam Page

Our store page is the best place to learn about the game- you can find plenty of info there and watch our trailer if you're interested.

We are choosing some of our early supporters to send Steam Keys to, so they can unlock the game for free, as a small way of saying thank you from the team. We'll be sending out PMs to these players!

As always, I have have any questions, please leave a comment and we'll get back to you!

Thanks,
-Josh.
Lacuna Corporation
Level 22 : Expert Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/04/2016 5:25 am
Lacuna Corporation
Frontier v0.1.0 has just been released, bringing tons of bugfixes and improvements plus new content!
02/16/2016 1:14 pm
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
Wow, this game has improved alot since I last checked up on it. I have a question about it though. Will you be working on optimization soon? The lag is intense even for beefy computers.
02/16/2016 1:41 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Thanks Already done, the lag was awful in the demo, I must admit, and it was entirely my fault- I accidentally ran a piece of code every frame which was heavy on resources. I replaced that so it's only run when necessary, which took away most of the lag. There have been many other optimisations made since then, and I now get a minimum of 30FPS at all times. In some areas of the map, this is a high as 70 or 90FPS, it just depends on where you are in the game. We'll be making a lot more performance improvements over the next few weeks.
02/05/2016 6:04 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Today's update- new tree chopping system almost finished, the trees themselves look much better but we've had to simplify the chopping mechanics (chop then wooden planks are spawned). We'll find a way to have great graphics and great tree chopping in one system, eventually. For now this is a good placeholder system.

I had a few minutes spare so I designed a new features. Just something small, but I like it- you can hold backslash to block the sun with your hand, as long as you aren't using a double-handed object.

We're currently working on the save/load system, and then there are a few animations left to finish. We're planning on releasing on Early Access this Friday (a week today).
02/03/2016 4:06 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Sodex234 and Josephpica, thanks for your kind words! I hope you both enjoy what's in store for Frontier!

I've updated the thread OP and posted some info on what we're working on for the first official Steam release in case anybody is interested in what we're up to! We should be on Steam within the next two weeks if everything goes according to plan (which, admittedly, it very rarely does Although things are going pretty smoothly so far and we're almost there, so we may be out sooner than we thought).
01/31/2016 10:26 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
This game looks very successful, hope it does well.
01/31/2016 9:06 am
Level 39 : Artisan Droid
Scott
Looks really cool, messed with the demo, and really like it!
Good luck to your whole team when it launches on Steam
01/28/2016 11:25 am
Lacuna Corporation
Bump! We're now officially Greenlit!
01/15/2016 10:45 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Bear Scientist
FistoFWhy do everyone copy from Minecraft?

How is this a copy from minecraft? I can name a ton of wood chopping - mining games... Yes, It might take the general theme from minecraft.. But it is going to be very different.. Owning real towns, bulls.. and a lot more.
01/15/2016 10:44 am
Lacuna Corporation
FistoFWhy do everyone copy from Minecraft?

Why does nobody read our posts? If you'd bothered to look into the game before posting you'd see that our design provides much more unique activities which are unlike anything offered in Minecraft.
01/15/2016 10:16 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wolf Whisperer
Myyoyo
Looks like Rust.
01/31/2016 8:42 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
01/15/2016 10:13 am
Lacuna Corporation
Bump Please remember to check us out on Greenlight if you haven't yet, and don't forget that this is a very early stage of development- we're going to be bringing you tons of new content over the course of development!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =596595340
01/13/2016 9:37 pm
Lacuna Corporation
We're now on Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =596595340

Please come and vote for us if you've been following the project, we need all the help we can get!
01/13/2016 1:32 pm
Bear Scientist
I have just uploaded a short timelapse of me playing Frontier! Heres the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAgKcZ9 ... e=youtu.be
01/13/2016 9:37 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Looking great!
01/13/2016 10:30 am
Bear Scientist
Could you add a tutorial world for Frontier and a controls settings?
01/12/2016 11:53 am
Bear Scientist
So I just tried it, and considering its in Pre-Alpha its good! Obviously there are things that are still being worked on. I recorded the whole thing so I'm going to put it into a short timelapse. I think from far away the terrain (especially the mountains) looked stunning! However up close the textures seemed a bit weird.

Good luck with the game Lacuna Corporation!
01/12/2016 2:15 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Thanks for the feedback! I'm working on the terrain bugs as we speak, it's looking a lot better now. We have the download out now so we can be a little more flexible with Greenlight; we've decided to fix as many bugs as possible tonight and tomorrow and then push the release out then.

We know we have a lot of people waiting on the Greenlight release but the game is out now so if you're looking forward to trying it, please download it from the main post. It's crucial that we make a good first impression on Steam so we simply can't release until all of the issues are sorted, otherwise we might run into trouble on Greenlight. It's in everyone's best interest to get this build looking really good before we go. Having said that, I've already fixed every bug we've found so far. I should be able to get the remaining issues fixed tomorrow morning, then we'll work on the trailer some more, and we can release on the night time.
01/12/2016 7:47 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
01/12/2016 2:43 am
Bear Scientist
I haven't tried it yet, but will be trying it in a few hours as I am very busy!
01/11/2016 5:35 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
I found a little bug

01/11/2016 7:01 pm
Lacuna Corporation
I'm an idiot. An actual idiot. I zipped the wrong two items together I was in that much of a rush. I'll fix it.
01/11/2016 7:17 pm
Konrad
What'd you zip before?
01/11/2016 5:17 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/815hm0ck61a813p/Frontier+v1.0.1+Pre-Alpha.zip

There are a few minor bugs but we will be patching these during the Greenlight campaign. Please enjoy the demo and let us know what you think of it. Remember, it's far from complete, and this is only the seconds version of Frontier!
01/11/2016 5:19 pm
Konrad
When's the greenlight campaign coming out?
01/11/2016 5:26 pm
Lacuna Corporation
In about 1 hour and a half- 2 hours, we have to deal with one last thing before we can launch.
01/11/2016 4:05 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
madmax3004
The website appears to be down, and hey, it's been a long time! xD

Great to see you're still working on it, and it looks absolutely marvelous! ^_^
I haven't really checked the post all too much, but I read something concerning Greenlight or whatever? Will you release it on steam?
01/11/2016 2:57 pm
Bear Scientist
AHH! I won't be here when the game releases at 10:00
01/11/2016 3:38 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Thanks for your suggestions, I'm swamped under with getting things ready right now but I'll get back to you later on!

I just wanted to quickly say that we're very sorry about all these delays, and to make it up to the great PMC community, we're going to be releasing the download here before we launch on Greenlight. The actual Greenlight release may have to be pushed back an hour or two at the most, but I'm uploading the game right now. As soon as it's ready, I'll share a download link here so our PMC supporters can try it out first! The upload should take about an hour (it's over 400MB).

Thanks everyone!
01/11/2016 1:35 pm
Bear Scientist
Also just a quick note on my new channel (which is coming soon) I will be doing a full review and even a lets play on this game! and when new updates come out I will do update reviews

Good luck with the game, Lacuna Corp!
01/11/2016 1:26 pm
Bear Scientist
So, I'm really feeling this game and definitely want it to get big. I have compiled a few things that could be added into the game. As I haven't played the game yet, some of these features might be already in.

The first one is multiplayer. You could have different mini-games in the game for example Bull riding, etc. However you could also go for a GTA 5 Online style, where is it completely free-mode and you can run around where ever you like!

The second one is, Villages. A bit like minecraft, there could be naturally generating villages and for example a tribe. Now the villages don't have to be actual houses, they could be teepees. You could befriend the tribe, and maybe even become part of it, maybe build a few structures for it and earn "money" (gold, materials etc). But if you want to you could burn the entire village down. This may cause other villages to not like you and therefore if you want to trade with them, they might not want to as you burnt a village down before. However to gain their trust you could bribe them or maybe point a knife at them and make them.

The third idea is side-quests. For example, you might find a stranger in the forest who is stuck. You might decide to kill him, and gain his items, or take him to your house. There could be many other sidequests that could happen.

The fourth idea is inventing things. You know minecraft has redstone where you create new contraptions? Well you could do something like that in Frontier. By that I don't mean electricity. For example, Say I want to create a catapult. I could gather enough wood, build it in a certain way and then when you place a stone in it, then do something to it, it would catapult. Now it would be hard to make the catapult as unlike minecraft there wouldn't be strict rules on how it works. So to learn how to make it, you might find lost maps on the ground which show you how to make it, or maps in a dungeon. So after you have built the thing on the map, memorized it, you could give it to one of the tribes and you will get paid. Then when you come back in a few days, a catapult appears, to show that they used your map!

Those are a few of my ideas! Keep in mind I don't mind if you use any and I don't mind if you don't like them. As I'm not a programmer, I'm not sure if some of these are possible. I will keep telling you some of the ideas if I think of any.
01/11/2016 11:51 am
Bear Scientist
Ah, I understand now. Sorry that I keep asking questions 1 more slight question, 4PM GMT, tomorrow? because it can't be today because its already passed 4PM.
01/11/2016 12:07 pm
Lacuna Corporation
No problem Sorry, I meant 10PM GMT, 4PM EST
01/11/2016 10:27 am
Bear Scientist
The site is still "offline"
01/11/2016 2:43 am
Bear Scientist
I don't mind what time it comes out, because it looks like a good game! I'm getting excited :3
01/11/2016 11:34 am
Lacuna Corporation
We're getting there- it's going to be released at 10PM EST, 4PM GMT. We'll have the Greenlight Page looking really good by then, and everything will be good to go. I'm working on the last three bugs as I speak, and it will be ready in the next couple of hours. After that we just have to handle some pre-launch stuff, and then we'll be good to go.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support!
01/10/2016 9:09 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Bad news (but not too bad).

We honestly can't believe this is happening again but it's completely out of our control and are as annoyed as most of you will be.

We're having some GitHub issues and to keep a long story short, our repo isn't working and we can't release tonight. The last commit has cause the loss of some important stuff, but it's not a huge issue. We WILL be releasing at a sensible time tomorrow. This is GUARANTEED. We have a workaround and can fix it, it's just going to take longer than expected.

We apologise sincerely for the further delays. The good news is that we've added in food- there are 18 types of animal drops currently in the game. You'll be able to see all of these new features tomorrow, I promise you.

We all know this hasn't been the smoothest of starts but a lot of it has genuinely been down to last-minute bugs which we simply weren't anticipating. It should be smooth sailing once we're on Greenlight, it's just very hectic around here at the moment and we've been having to stay up until ungodly hours of the morning to get this done. The whole team is exhausted from the past two weeks, but we're almost there. One more day, I promise!
01/10/2016 9:22 pm
Konrad
I'm guessing its gonna come out when half life 3 is released.
01/10/2016 1:55 pm
Bear Scientist
What time GMT is the update rolling so I can get the game?
01/10/2016 8:37 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Sorry, you'll probably be too late- we are aiming to be out by 10PM East Coast time.
01/10/2016 8:44 pm
Konrad
I live on the east coast I'm happy i get to see it on greenlight soon.
01/10/2016 12:03 pm
Bear Scientist
Also, is there any chance you could teach Unity? From seeing this thread post I got unity and so far I've placed a plain of grass 4 walls and a roof
01/10/2016 8:38 pm
Lacuna Corporation
We may do some sort of tutorials on our channel in the future, it's certainly possible
01/10/2016 12:00 pm
Bear Scientist
As I said before, this game looks amazing. I will be doing a review on my channel and even a lets play Be sure to tell me when I can get the game! And one more thing, Will the game have to be bought in the future? and If so would I have to buy it? I would buy it but I'm just wondering.

Good start, Lacuna Corporation!
01/10/2016 9:49 am
Lacuna Corporation
amazoDog161
Lacuna Corporation
And an update for everyone;

We didn't tell you this, but our update includes two new features! We have a crafting system, and butchery! You can now turn your hunting kills into food! More updates coming later today!

What about Antarctica, Penguins, and snow? Lol

We're just slightly too far North
01/10/2016 9:34 am
Bear Scientist
How do I get the game? I can't seem to see it anywhere?
01/10/2016 9:51 am
Lacuna Corporation
Our website is down so the download is currently unavailable but we will be releasing the new update tonight. It is much better than the currently available version anyway, so check back here tonight and the newest download link will be available.
01/10/2016 10:01 am
Konrad
Are you guys from the UK? Or the US if so what part of the US so i could know what time it is for you guys and i could find it on greenlight.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome