Windows 7 or 8?

ME1312's Avatar ME13127/30/14 8:31 pm
7/30/2014 11:19 pm
DAP's Avatar DAP
Windows 8 or Windows 7? Microsoft has changed Windows very much when they released Windows 8, so many have began to side with the different versions, causing there to be Linux fans, Mac fans, Windows fans (not including 8), and Windows 8 Fans. So witch Windows version is better, 7 or 8? (please give a good reason)
ME1312
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2014 11:19 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
This isn't locked yet? This has already flaming content, and will just continue to increase.

Locked.
07/30/2014 10:35 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
fflip8
Killertoad
invincible64

Newer doesn't always mean better. And once again, hardware is what brings the speed. Sure, OS updates can bring some minor performance enhancements, that is to be expected, but along with it also comes the NSA's latest spyware update, the updated EULA (which isn't always better either) and of course the latest graphics "enhancements". Windows 7 in my opinion looks much better and has never once given me a problem as far as compatibility goes. The speed is always flawless too. My friends windows 8.1 laptop has trouble running many programs because they are incompatible with 8, but for me? Not a problem. And no, its not always faster either. My old netbook can barely run windows 7, so i thought that windows 8 MIGHT be a little bit faster due to the downgraded UI, and as it turns out, windows 7 runs BETTER. I ended up installing fedora on it, which is a very fast and elegant linux distrobution, and i am much happier with that. So maybe YOU should be the one to hold your lips since you had the gall to reply to my post with hostility and ignorance.

No, but newer is nice. I didn't say newer = better. I said it's better, AND newer. And minor? You mean up to a 25% performance increase.

Windows 8.1 looks almost identical to 7, no different other than the start button, it's just not a circle.

Never had a single compatibly issue. I don't know what your friend is doing. Anyways you can run a program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

And it's probably older hardware correct? There you go, not an OS fault, it's your hardware fault.

And linux? Have fun with all those games you can play! /sarcasm

But I don't know what you're talking about, I just replied to your false comment.

So true Haha
07/30/2014 10:34 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
canopenertrooper
Windows 8 is Windows 7, just more pleasing to the eye with a metro.

People hate on 8 because of the unique metro. Why don't they just disable it or ignore it... Honestly I love Windows 8 more than 7. I can game at slightly higher FPS and it's simpler and more pleasing to the eye.
07/30/2014 10:33 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
illuminati128k
Beef_NoodlesGo for Windows 8 if you want the bad looks with an ugly "modern" interface
Go for Windows 7 if you care about the looks

Fix'D
07/30/2014 10:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
invincible64

Newer doesn't always mean better. And once again, hardware is what brings the speed. Sure, OS updates can bring some minor performance enhancements, that is to be expected, but along with it also comes the NSA's latest spyware update, the updated EULA (which isn't always better either) and of course the latest graphics "enhancements". Windows 7 in my opinion looks much better and has never once given me a problem as far as compatibility goes. The speed is always flawless too. My friends windows 8.1 laptop has trouble running many programs because they are incompatible with 8, but for me? Not a problem. And no, its not always faster either. My old netbook can barely run windows 7, so i thought that windows 8 MIGHT be a little bit faster due to the downgraded UI, and as it turns out, windows 7 runs BETTER. I ended up installing fedora on it, which is a very fast and elegant linux distrobution, and i am much happier with that. So maybe YOU should be the one to hold your lips since you had the gall to reply to my post with hostility and ignorance.

No, but newer is nice. I didn't say newer = better. I said it's better, AND newer. And minor? You mean up to a 25% performance increase.

Windows 8.1 looks almost identical to 7, no different other than the start button, it's just not a circle.

Never had a single compatibly issue. I don't know what your friend is doing. Anyways you can run a program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

And it's probably older hardware correct? There you go, not an OS fault, it's your hardware fault.

And linux? Have fun with all those games you can play! /sarcasm

But I don't know what you're talking about, I just replied to your false comment.
07/30/2014 10:28 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
fflip8
DUH windows 8.1 update 1. I use windows 8 on all of my computers, and my tablet. windows 7 may seem somewhat professional to fanboys and fangirls, windows 8 is much more professional, and the people that say I Dunno how to use it, are usually uneducated children or old people.

If I were given to pick between the two, I pick windows 8 by a long shot. Does windows 7 sync all of your apps? does windows 7 even have metro apps? I didn't think so

And windows 8 masters the look of windows 7 with a much more user friendly approach... I just don't see why people hate it so much.. and there are SO many more apps now like 200K vs the 14K in 2012
07/30/2014 10:18 pm
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
basicbrick
Windows 8.1
07/30/2014 10:06 pm
Level 22 : Expert Toast
invincible64
[/quote]
Windows 8 if you are a computer illiterate person? Sorry to break it too you, I use 8, and I love it... I don't buy prebuilts, I build them, I fix them, I even build them for others. I'm far from illiterate. It's faster, better looking, and newer.

7 is slower than 8.1, not any more reliable? And not any more stable than 8?

Don't open your mouth, if you don't know what you're talking about..[/quote]

07/30/2014 9:52 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
speaking of which when windows 7 becomes outdated idk what im going to do
07/30/2014 9:54 pm
Killertoad
You can still use it, and it'll still be safe, lol. Windows 9 should be out soon anyways.

But no one knows what is going on with Microsoft anymore.
07/30/2014 9:49 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
Windows 8 performs faster but honestly, after all the people saying windows 8 wasn't that bad I have to disagree. Windows 8 just feels really cluttered and unorganized and I can't stand it :s
07/30/2014 9:51 pm
Killertoad
Windows 8 was a flunk, yeah, but 8.1 is much better. It doesn't feel anything like 8 did.
07/30/2014 9:47 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc856928
[deleted]
07/30/2014 9:46 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc856928
[deleted]
07/30/2014 9:37 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
jgrocks2
I seriously don't care much, I use OSX for producing, Windows 7 for gaming,Windows 8 for Internet and such, and XP . . . well, for sitting in my junk room being filled with viruses.
07/30/2014 9:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Why have lame systems like Windows 7 or 8 when you can have Windows 1.0?

Vintage 1985 right here

More seriously I prefer Windows 7 because that's what I'm used to. I was fine with going between XP and 7 because it doesn't seem so different, but Windows 8 kind of looks like Microsoft tried to put a phone look on a computer, and I didn't even have a phone until this May.
07/30/2014 9:54 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
some1epic123
No, VisiOn is much better.

@OP I would give my opinion on the subject, but I don't want to start an argument over Windows 8 vs other OSes. If you're really curios, you can read the side of my profile. However, Windows 7 support is going to end soon, so you're going to have to either use Windows 8 and put up with Microsoft, or switch to another OS (such as Linux) and lose compatibility.
07/30/2014 10:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
I think you'll find that Commodore BASIC 1.0 is the best system around. I don't think that 1970's treasure could even run Pong. Still better than Windows 8.0 though.
this is a joke don't get mad everyone
07/30/2014 10:10 pm
invincible64
Oldies are goodies
07/30/2014 9:34 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Ender_ArmyAnything before XP: To old.
XP: Ok if you have a good PC.
Vista: No, just no.
7: Awesome, I use it. Better than 8.
8: Good for non-gamers, and life Beef_Noodles said, looks good.

Windows 8.1 is 25% faster in terms of games than Windows 7.
07/30/2014 9:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Sweatshirt
If you're not in to gaming and aren't used to any of the previous Windows versions, I'd say go for Windows 8, but Windows 8 (and 8.1) is a hassle to me. I had to disable as much of the tiles screen as I could because it's so annoying, and setting it up so you automatically log-in when you turn on your machine is ridiculous as well. Not to mention the annoying abundance of "Apps" that Microsoft is advertising with this OS that I never use and somehow always just get in the way.

Overall I'd say Windows 7, that's just my personal opinion though.
07/30/2014 9:31 pm
Level 36 : Artisan System
wrenchdogs
Windows 8 is, from what I can tell, much better than 7.
Windows 8 is also my OS.
It's pretty easy to use.
07/30/2014 9:26 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig
Ender_
Anything before XP: To old.
XP: Ok if you have a good PC.
Vista: No, just no.
7: Awesome, I use it. Better than 8.
8: Good for non-gamers, and life Beef_Noodles said, looks good.
07/30/2014 9:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Beef_Noodles
Go for Windows 8 if you want the good looks
Go for Windows 7 if you don't care about the looks
07/30/2014 9:44 pm
invincible64
Um excuse you.

Windows 8 if you are a computer illiterate douche bag who just buys a brand new computer every time you get a virus.

Windows 7 if you care about speed, reliability, good looks and stability.

Linux if your a freaking boss who knows what their doing like a boss AND cares about speed, reliability, quality and stability.

Mac os x if you have waaaaay too much money to blow.

I shouldn't even have to explain this, i thought you GNU.
07/30/2014 9:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
sorry to say it, but I think windows 8 is better...
07/30/2014 9:08 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Nouveau Network
I prefer windows 7, but windows 8 is becoming superior over time. They are promoting windows 8 more and more as they remove things from other windows operation systems.

Windows 8
07/30/2014 8:43 pm
Find Them Creepers
I find it odd how they supported XP for 12 years, and Windows 7 is probably more used and they're supporting it for a bit over 6 years.
07/30/2014 8:53 pm
Killertoad
Because XP gave them more and more problems the longer it lasted (old code, new technology) and they don't want that to happen with Windows 7.
07/30/2014 9:25 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Extended support for XP ended in April, and Extended Support for 7 will end in 2020.

Mainstream support ended in 2009 for XP and Mainstream support for 7 will end in January.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

Please, check the site above for all of your support questions
07/30/2014 9:50 pm
Killertoad
Yeah, mainstream support ends, you can't buy it anymore, if you have problems with it, you can't call up Microsoft and get it fixed, unless you pay them. Only way is if you have warranty on a computer, but most OEM's stopped selling 7, when 8 came out, so that's a long stretch as well.

Also, no more big updates, no more service packs. Only little security fixes.

invincible64
Beef_NoodlesGo for Windows 8 if you want the good looks
Go for Windows 7 if you don't care about the looks

Um excuse you.

Windows 8 if you are a computer illiterate douche bag who just buys a brand new computer every time you get a virus.

Windows 7 if you care about speed, reliability, good looks and stability.

Windows 8 if you are a computer illiterate person? Sorry to break it too you, I use 8, and I love it... I don't buy prebuilts, I build them, I fix them, I even build them for others. I'm far from illiterate. It's faster, better looking, and newer.

7 is slower than 8.1, not any more reliable? And not any more stable than 8?

Don't open your mouth, if you don't know what you're talking about..
07/30/2014 8:40 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Well support for 7 is dropping Jan 13, so I'd say use 8.1.
It's not that bad after a while, but it still has some quirks.
07/30/2014 8:35 pm
Find Them Creepers
Windows 8.1 is faster and supports all Windows 7 programs, and support for Windows 7 ends in January or Febuary. Wait until Windows 9 though, there's always a pattern like this.

XP = Great. Vista = Crap. 7 = Great. 8 = Crap. 8.1 = Better than 8 (still faster though) 9 = probably going to be awesome.
07/30/2014 8:34 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Windows 8 is pretty much the exact same as 7 and has longer support so go 8.1
07/30/2014 8:37 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
I wouldn't say that but they did leave some features alone
07/30/2014 8:54 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
If you get classicshell theres litterally like 2 interface differences.
07/30/2014 8:33 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
windows 9 is what you want. Reason - well proven track record of hit then miss.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome