World Painter problems

pixelfox01's Avatar pixelfox016/19/15 12:08 pm
1 emeralds 6.2k 5
7/1/2015 10:27 am
tobbestark's Avatar tobbestark
I decided to use world painter to get some custom trees for my role-play server. So I did everything, got World Painter, got the trees, (Please note the map is a seed from Minecraft with huge natural cliffs, caves, and mountains.) but when I merge it with a multiverse world, it works, but the mountains are reallllyyyyyy ugly and the caves have disappeared. The mountains are allllll big clumps of dirt, and all of the awesome overhangs and holes are gone. What can I do to be able to save the world keeping it at its natural form? ?
pixelfox01
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/01/2015 10:27 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
pixelfox01
tobbestarkBest way to use WorldPaint if you are new to it is not to import an existing minecraft world and then merging. Best way is to start from scratch, save a .world and EXPORT not merge with existing world.
But if you still want to use your world, as long as you don't have any buildings or structures, you can import it and do everything you want. But make sure to export it and not merge it. Especially if you have buildings in it. Cause then they will apear as colored things IN the ground. If you take your house and look at it from above, and smash a giant fist into the ground. That's how it's gonna look.

I tried exporting. and this is the message. I clicked it anyway the same problem happened.
The only solution I can thing of is to save the world, upload it to single player, and upload the single player world to my server, but the only way to get it so single player world is exporting it....
Then I tried Importing it, and it reset the whole map to what It looked like before I edited it.

Well the problem is you imported the map. And then you have to merge the maps otherwise the map will be totally messed up. That may ruin your plans, but hey. Can't question the codes, they don't fight back
06/19/2015 2:24 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Dont try to merge worlds with worldpainter, it will mess up unless the worlds are very similar in just about everything.
INSTEAD, export it as a new world. If you dont, its always going to look like this.
06/19/2015 2:15 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
[simg][/simg]
Is your friend.
06/19/2015 12:23 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Best way to use WorldPaint if you are new to it is not to import an existing minecraft world and then merging. Best way is to start from scratch, save a .world and EXPORT not merge with existing world.
But if you still want to use your world, as long as you don't have any buildings or structures, you can import it and do everything you want. But make sure to export it and not merge it. Especially if you have buildings in it. Cause then they will apear as colored things IN the ground. If you take your house and look at it from above, and smash a giant fist into the ground. That's how it's gonna look.
06/19/2015 12:41 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
pixelfox01
I tried exporting. and this is the message. I clicked it anyway the same problem happened.
The only solution I can thing of is to save the world, upload it to single player, and upload the single player world to my server, but the only way to get it so single player world is exporting it....
Then I tried Importing it, and it reset the whole map to what It looked like before I edited it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome