Would you class my skins as "good"?

Minoshi's Avatar Minoshi9/2/14 6:06 pm
1 emeralds 321 7
9/2/2014 8:02 pm
zoossrocks's Avatar zoossrocks
I don't know if my skins are any good. Cause I get feed back saying it's good, but I get barely any Exp.
Minoshi
Level 2 : Apprentice Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2014 8:02 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Very very nice! Good Job! These skins are some of the best I've seen in a while. Keep up the great work, you already have 75 subs!
09/02/2014 7:29 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
Noxyoursox
It's pretty difficult to build a reputation with only skins--because they can be made relatively quickly they tend to get spammed in high numbers and low quality. Even if your skins are really good, they may not be seen before newer ones shove them down into the 4th and 5th page abyss. So, Exp is not really a measurement of skill but of popularity and a bit of luck. If you really want more people to see your skins, though, the best way (in my opinion) is to try making a project, texture pack, or mod, that will get more people interested in the things you make in general. Don't bug people about it or spam the forums with "Hey look at me plz" threads--that will just annoy people.

Anyway, on to the critique! I really like the subdued colors and soft shading, but I feel like the skins don't have a whole lot of personality. The whole point of making skins, is so people can have a minecraft character that they feel really represents themselves (or their current mood, etc.).
09/02/2014 6:29 pm
Level 42 : Master Sailor
Dunlan_Willowbo
I think one way you can improve your skins is to work on your coloring skills. Maybe look up a few tutorials on hue shifting or just experiment. Also try and figure out a shading style that isn't super random. Hope that helps.
09/02/2014 6:25 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Narotiza
The skins look great!
09/02/2014 6:20 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
Exp is based on views and downloads. It might not be that your skins are bad, but just that you don't get much exposure yet. Build up a reputation and you'll earn much more experience.

- Slendy
09/02/2014 6:10 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Xp isn't the easiest to build up, but your skins are nice
09/02/2014 6:09 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
bobbiecraftstoday123
The shading is great hope you get more xp soon. Subbed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome