Yodobashi's Avatar Yodobashi3/28/15 1:14 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 25
3/30/2015 4:10 pm
Yodobashi's Avatar Yodobashi
I don't.
Just asking
Yodobashi
Level 8 : Apprentice Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2015 12:34 pm
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
Furry
ThePixelPony
He's stupid for replying even though he knows nothing about this.

You also know little. Windows is not open source if that's what you mean.

You also know little. Obviously Windows isn't open source, even though the pure amount of viruses made for it make it look so. And he's not stupid for replying, he's just misinformed. You're making accusations for no reason. The question is, "do you like Mac OS X." Just answer the question and don't try to ignite a flame war. v.v

Alright. I'm sorry.

However, once again, the viruses are so easy to make for Windows because of the way it's easy to make them FUD.
03/30/2015 12:30 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I don't particularly like it, but I don't dislike it.
03/30/2015 10:39 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
xxNerdCraftxD
Yes
03/29/2015 5:45 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Click to reveal
ThePixelPony
KJ_BuildingTeamI don't like Linux or Linux-based systems, so no.

You are stupid. (I'm not trying to offend. It's just a fact.)

Why don't you like Linux?

Just calling me stupid with no actual reason is stupidity, so you aren't offending me if that's what you're trying.
And I don't like Linux because I haven't tried it and I honestly have no idea how it works. Not saying I hate it, but I'll stay with the familiar.

Furry
ThePixelPony

You are stupid. It's just a fact.

He's not stupid for not liking Linux, he's just missing out on the greatest open source operating system to date.

Linux might be the best open source OS to date, but I don't care, I like the look and functionality of Windows 7 and I'll stay this way.
Jamen
ThePixelPony

Because, Linux isn't great for everything. For instance, gaming. I can confirm because I have been using Linux for a long time now.

On the side note, Mac OS isn't Linux-based, it's Unix-based. There is quite a difference.

Yes, that is another point. Little software to Linux compared to Windows. And thanks for clearing up the Linux-Unix thing for me, I didn't really know the difference.
thenubslayer2000
ThePixelPony

This is why I forewarned a thread lock. Aren't people allowed to have opinions?

All threads with opinions are bound to end in flame war, so let's share our opinions until the mods ruins our fun by locking the thread instead of just deleting the flaming posts.[
Jamen
ThePixelPony

Because, Linux isn't great for everything. For instance, gaming. I can confirm because I have been using Linux for a long time now.

On the side note, Mac OS isn't Linux-based, it's Unix-based. There is quite a difference.

Thank you.

I did not call KJ_BuildingTeam stupid because of their opinion but because they replied regarding a subject they knew nothing about.[/quote]

I reply to whatever I want, that's the good thing with democracy. You can call me stupid and call me an idiot as much as you want, but it doesn't really matter when you have nothing to back your opinions up with.
Furry
ThePixelPony

He's not stupid for not liking Linux, he's just missing out on the greatest open source operating system to date.

You also know little. Windows is not open source if that's what you mean.[/quote]
He didn't even imply Windows was open source.
Killertoad
ThePixelPony

I like very few Linux OS's, and by few I mean one or two. Windows has always done everything I need it to do, and then some. Been using every Windows since 95 (except ME, skipped it for XP). I haven't had any major issues that made me want to switch like you Linux guys make it out to be. It has way more support, way more backing, and all around more polished.

Calling someone stupid for their opinion isn't cool, whether it be misinformed or not. But nothing about his post shows that he is misinformed or anything, his honest opinion is that he doesn't like it, just like me, and plenty of others.

Now for older/non gaming computers? Yeah, it's fine, and great for that. I have Zorin on my living room PC for basic use. But for anything other than that, it's not that much greater to pick it over another, more supported OS.

But to OP's question, no I don't like OSX, it feels weird and clunky to me, and I just can't get used to it. And the fact that Apple is behind it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure if I had to use it, I'd get used to it and adapt, just like anyone would if they had no choice, but I'm pretty sure I'd be installing bootcamp and Windows 8.1 as fast as I can.

Agreed, Apple has never invented anything, just changed already existing inventions and claimed it as their own. Not that Microsoft is that different though.
03/28/2015 7:10 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
illuminati128k
Mac OS-X is pretty good, the only thing I dislike about it is Finder. Finder sucks so much compared to windows explorer.
03/28/2015 7:53 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
but they both are (pretty much) the same ._.

I'd also like to point out this isn't "Windows vs. Mac OS" It's also not "Which OS do you prefer", It's "Do you like Mac OS, or not"

anyway I do like Mac OS AND Windows pretty equally because I see them both as a useful piece of tech. They both have their ups and downs, and both have pretty much the same features, which makes them able to do the same things.

I personally hate (most) Windows Fanboys for being the mis-informed idiots they are, and always butting they're head in saying windows is Superior. It's super annoying and Immature.
03/30/2015 4:10 pm
Yodobashi
I think ur going to start a flame war.
03/28/2015 7:04 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Its ok, My favorite is still Windows. I like Linux more than OS X, but Windows wins everyday for me.
03/28/2015 7:03 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
illuminati128k
03/30/2015 9:46 am
Yodobashi
xD
03/28/2015 7:00 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince
sssilver
I have both mac os x and windows 8, but i don't get to use windows much and i've been using mac my whole life, so i'm just more comfortable with mac.
03/28/2015 3:45 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
03/28/2015 3:35 pm
Pixel
Furry
ThePixelPony

You also know little. Windows is not open source if that's what you mean.
03/28/2015 2:35 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I used it in elementary and middle school since all we had were eMacs and MacBook G4s. I haven't really used it since then up until recently at my work, where I started learning how to manage them in a corporate environment.

Looking at it now, I can see how similar it is to Linux (I mean, they're both Unix-based after all). As an OS, I like it, but I'd rather use something else.
03/28/2015 2:21 pm
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
03/28/2015 1:33 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
I don't like Linux or Linux-based systems, so no.
03/28/2015 2:15 pm
Pixel

03/28/2015 8:31 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
I like very few Linux OS's, and by few I mean one or two. Windows has always done everything I need it to do, and then some. Been using every Windows since 95 (except ME, skipped it for XP). I haven't had any major issues that made me want to switch like you Linux guys make it out to be. It has way more support, way more backing, and all around more polished.

Calling someone stupid for their opinion isn't cool, whether it be misinformed or not. But nothing about his post shows that he is misinformed or anything, his honest opinion is that he doesn't like it, just like me, and plenty of others.

Now for older/non gaming computers? Yeah, it's fine, and great for that. I have Zorin on my living room PC for basic use. But for anything other than that, it's not that much greater to pick it over another, more supported OS.

But to OP's question, no I don't like OSX, it feels weird and clunky to me, and I just can't get used to it. And the fact that Apple is behind it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure if I had to use it, I'd get used to it and adapt, just like anyone would if they had no choice, but I'm pretty sure I'd be installing bootcamp and Windows 8.1 as fast as I can.
03/28/2015 2:41 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
This is why I forewarned a thread lock. Aren't people allowed to have opinions?
03/28/2015 2:38 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
03/28/2015 3:31 pm
Pixel
Thank you.

I did not call KJ_BuildingTeam stupid because of their opinion but because they replied regarding a subject they knew nothing about.
03/28/2015 1:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
03/28/2015 1:17 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
No. Also, in b4 lock. People WILL flame on this tread. Try to steer clear of topics like this...
03/28/2015 1:30 pm
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
03/28/2015 1:23 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
This.

Also, I don't like Mac OSX. Windows 7 all the way
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024