Do you think this generation music sucks??

TheMrzombie2's Avatar TheMrzombie26/28/14 5:30 pm
1 emeralds 9.3k 392
9/4/2014 6:29 am
Ash's Avatar Ash
As the title says above, do you think that music is dead? I say yes because when I turn on the radio, all I hear is """artists""" such as katy perry, nicki minaj, bruno mars, etc, etc, with auto-tuned crap.
They put in words that rhyme with a auto-tuned voice and call that music... Like..no instruments, no actual singers, no nothing...

I hate this generation's music.

But I have some exceptions such as Coldplay, Nickelback, and Linkin Park.

Surprisingly I'm 13. Most people my age like those """artists.""" One time when I was at school, I was listening to "The Beatles" during lunch with one ear in.. My friend asked me what i was listening to and I said "Beatles." He just stared at me and everyone started laughing how I have a "bad taste in music" fml :/

Ex.

Good Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7icMyDSd8E

WTF Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

**Edit** I do not want arguments to start. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! If this post starts to go into a flame war or if people are being rude, I will request this thread to be locked.

**EDIT**

Requesting this thread to be locked because flame wars are starting and I think this thread needs to die out. More people think that this generation music sucks.. Thanks for commenting and voting everyone!
TheMrzombie2
Level 15 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/04/2014 6:29 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Lol Kali is a noob.
09/04/2014 5:29 am
Level 20 : Expert Toast
Tumblr_Cat
i miss nirvana, please don't tell me that i'm the only one
09/04/2014 6:08 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
You know very well you're not the only one. Don't use that as a ploy for attention.

Nirvana was alright, but not a godlike band just because a member died. That may sound harsh, but it's the ugly truth. Saosin, Anberlin, and Say Anything blow Nirvana out of the water.
09/04/2014 5:06 am
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
wot is this thing called a lock, Kali?
09/04/2014 5:04 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Button Pusher
deathcrest5
Locked... Suuuuure.....
09/03/2014 10:58 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Locked per request.

and flaming
09/03/2014 10:54 pm
Level 43 : Master Cowboy
Zach2039
Chronalga
-snip-

If anything, quality is a legitimate reason to listen to "different" music. If I turn my car stereo on and encounter a song of poor quality, I will change the station. And yes, no one has the right to insult someone over their taste in music. I'm not the one insulting people over tastes. Refer to GG50's extreme generalization of people who like older music for an example of insults.
09/03/2014 10:46 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
I don't want to read any of the other previous replies to see if anyone has said the same thing I am about to say because I am just mainly lazy.

When you say this "generation" of music you were mainly talking about what you had listed:
TheMrzombie2"""artists""" such as katy perry, nicki minaj, bruno mars, etc, etc, with auto-tuned crap.
They put in words that rhyme with a auto-tuned voice and call that music... Like..no instruments, no actual singers, no nothing...

but this generation's music are not confined to only what you had listed. There's other genres than pop that are great, but there are also some great pop songs that are great as well. You can not just say this generation's music is bad because you do not like the mainstream pop songs. Every genre has some mainstream songs or the more popular or well-known song at the time. Everyone has there taste in music and people should respect that and not have to force upon others to like their specific music interests.
09/03/2014 10:41 pm
TheMrzombie2
This seems to be getting out of hand. I will request this thread to be locked.. Flame Wars are starting.
It looks like more people think that his generation music sucks.

Thanks for voting a commenting your opinions.
09/03/2014 10:34 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Zach2039
errorknI think what that guy was trying to say Zach is that most people just say they like old music better because they want attention.

If that was his true purpose, then he should have stated as such. The post, to me, was more about attacking those who didn't agree with his idea of fine music with insults and implying all who listen to older generations of music are attention-seekers. A good majority of people who listen to old music do it for the quality of music, and to alienate that group of people is wrong.

Bam. That's the problem. That's not a legitimate reason to listen to "different" music. I agree with GG50 completely (never thought I'd say that in my life) in that just because you listen to older music doesn't mean you're better than those that listen to newer music, and you don't have the right to insult them as a person as well as their tastes.

So what if you listen to older music? So what if you listen to newer music? You're not better than anyone else based on your music choice. I love 1D, Taylor Swift, and Kelly Clarkson. I dislike the Beatles and the Rolling Stones among others. Now, does that mean that those who do like the Beatles and dislike 1D are bad people? No, it just means they're different.

Mainstream is mainstream for a reason. There is no "right" or "wrong" in music.
09/03/2014 10:20 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Waffle
SackboyRocks
Flame wars everywhere, but what do you expect?

I personally like EDM, house, drum and bass, all that stuff.
09/03/2014 10:07 pm
Level 45 : Master Robot
robot_26
Although, some most popular music has truly went down the shitter, I believe that the majority who think music that they're listing to is bad are listening to the wrong genre of music that suits them.
09/03/2014 10:00 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
I think what that guy was trying to say Zach is that most people just say they like old music better because they want attention.
09/03/2014 10:29 pm
Zach2039
If that was his true purpose, then he should have stated as such. The post, to me, was more about attacking those who didn't agree with his idea of fine music with insults and implying all who listen to older generations of music are attention-seekers. A good majority of people who listen to old music do it for the quality of music, and to alienate that group of people is wrong.
09/03/2014 6:43 pm
TheMrzombie2
Wow, I thought this thread was dead like weeks ago ._.
09/03/2014 8:49 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
For most pop music yes. On the other hand I love all of the new electronic songs coming out in styles such as EDM, Chillstep, etc.
09/03/2014 5:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
ahem...EDM is not new that is the electronic genera in general its been around since the 80's however all these sub genres like chill step and house are newer

(I could be wrong I'm not a big fan of all this sub genre crap it all sounds the same to me and I'm not a big fan of it but I'm pretty sure I got this one right
09/03/2014 8:36 am
Zach2039
My favorite bands/musicians are Hall and Oates, Electric Light Orchestra, Stevie Wonder, Tears for Fears, etc. Pretty much all 70s and 80s play while I drive. I'll occasionally listen to 50s, 60s, and 90s but not as often. I don't bother with new music, as it just doesn't appeal to me after listening to my parent's music for so long.
09/03/2014 8:29 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
Altofino
I really love 80's,70's songs, but you know, everyone has their own taste of music, i usually list to MJ, Then i have some random songs like Eye of the Tiger, I also like the movie soundtracks from that time <3
09/03/2014 8:25 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
I know very less mainstream music. I could list the ones I remember down:
- Pompeii
- Demons
- Counting Stars
- Hey Brother

But I think this is my type of music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfpUYewpjU
Haha no weird lyrics to understand
09/03/2014 5:00 am
Morneite
I just really like Lana Del Rey.
like she's sung most of my favourite songs
Born To Die, Dark Paradise, Summertime Sadness, National Anthem, Young And Beautiful and Blue Jeans.
you go, Lana Banana~
09/03/2014 4:53 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
hunkofjunk123
YES.
09/03/2014 4:18 am
Level 28 : Expert Spider Rider
jackel01
This generations music =/= Mainstream music

Please watch this video [yt]6uHzHx6_BnQ[/yt] (mind the swearing for younger people)

Also, [yt]m6Jds2kfDsY[/yt] this was made this year and I wouldn't say it sucks.

To sum up, there is music that sucks in every generation and good music in every generation.
09/03/2014 4:49 am
Level 20 : Expert Zombie
Goku_LSSJ
adoseofbuckly <3
09/03/2014 6:52 am
jackel01
*Squeals* Another buckley fan! I didn't even know they existed!
09/03/2014 4:45 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
Dubstep etc. are only popular because they are mainstream. These days people go after mainstream things. ( Apple, and as I said these new music styles )

I don't really like that type of metal you posted ( Metalcore/Alternative Metal )
I don't like how the singer sings ( Shouting ), but I do like other type of metals, like Metallica

Metal, Rock etc. usually have good message in them, but this generation music has just stories of their bar and club life which is extremely annoying, and techno etc. doesn't have even singing in them.

Metallica's songs usually are about war and such and Muse has various messages, in creative way in their songs.

One of my favourite songs from Metallica: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPh_9sRJycI plus had to post another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg92QpjRcJk

One of my favourite songs from Muse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avM_UsVo0IA and another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog those two are my fav muse songs.

Muse is 00 band, so it's pretty new but they are still good. Muse plays Symphony Rock (Supremacy as example), alternative rock, rock and some other styles.
So Muse is rock Band.

Metallica is metal band.
09/03/2014 6:48 am
jackel01
It's funny you say that the band isn't like Metallica but it's the same genre. (Thrash)
But yeah I like death/thrash metal a bit more than others. Strangely I can't seem to like Metallica.....

(Not being that guy but just thought it was a funny coincidence you said that.
09/03/2014 8:00 am
Hunajameloni
Depends on song.
Metallica doesn't only play trash. And as far as I can see I never said "Isn't like metallica" I only said I don't like the shouting singing style, the instruments are good tho.
09/03/2014 4:09 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cowboy
_tay
i listen to bands
5sos, green day, blink 182, paramore, my chemical romance, pierce the veil, sleeping with sirens yano

i have no problem with all that autotuned bullcrap but kpop is the worst thing..
09/03/2014 4:57 am
Morneite
umgilovepiercetheveil;w;
09/03/2014 4:03 am
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
Picklepark1
I enjoy both classical and modern music, nothing in between besides some metal. I generally only listen to electro/dubstep/glitch hop etc. Don't get mad at me just because of what I listen to, that's just being biased. I respect what you listen to, I may not listen to it or like it itself, but I respect it. I hope you (everyone) do the same for eachother. I just don't like most rappers (except for Dan Bull, ERB stuff like that.)
09/03/2014 4:00 am
Hunajameloni
Goku, because some younger people like techno etc. Doesnt mean we can't like old music. Imo old music times were gold years for music. Everything was made with real instruments and it was fun to watch them playing the instruments on live.
I play bass myself and I think it's a lot better than sitting on computer and using programs to generate "music"
And I bet there is more than 1% people witg good taste. We would be doomed if we had only 1%.
Go ahead. Count every metal, rock, reggae, trash metal etc. Band's views on spotify or youtube and bring some actual facts.

It's shame how now everything goes to computers.. guitar legends are dying and it's hard to get new ones.

Only exception is that I like Muse. It's modern rock band, they do use actual instruments (Guitar, Bass, Piano and Drumms).

They need to learn to play instruments, not just remember which button makes which sound in some program.
09/02/2014 8:01 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Oh, another song I love that everyone will ABHOR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZlZcXJtzsw
08/30/2014 7:36 am
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
eaPiniM
I'm sorry but when you say you like The Beatles and then post a link to Hey Jude (aka an overused beatles song) I can't believe you. You should have posted something more unheard of which is still a great song to prove your point.
08/30/2014 5:52 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
While there are a few diamonds in the rough most of the popular music is terrible, and half of the songs have lyrics which make no sense or are idiotic
08/30/2014 5:48 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Farmer
TheOnlyNoah
Some songs are OK but the popular ones of course are ones that the computer is doing all the work. I usually get a headache from any music anyways, so in a way I don't really like any of it.
08/30/2014 1:52 am
Hunajameloni
I don't call it music anymore.
08/30/2014 1:46 am
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
But...but...Meghan Trainor though.... ;-;
08/30/2014 1:23 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
OneRingToRuleThemAll
Heres another one of their songs too
[yt]H0_qO_g6Z[/yt]
08/30/2014 1:21 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
OneRingToRuleThemAll
it really depends on what you listen to. yes i dont like that kind of music you listed either. but here is one of my favorite bands and here is a song from their new album thats coming out real soon
[yt]ygnR71KX0f8[/yt]
08/29/2014 5:34 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Anime ost's have never been better,
08/29/2014 7:18 am
Level 1 : New Miner
lukiebear12
I listen to 1960's to 1980's some 2000's were okay. But I agree all the way. BEATLES!!
08/29/2014 5:39 am
Level 24 : Expert Ranger
SuperSwoosh
Yea, guess it's just opinion though, nothing you can really do to change that. But keep in mind not all rap musics like that, that was the point of what I was saying.
08/29/2014 5:33 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
SuperSwooshYes and no.
Whilst some people may not like this genre of music(due to media mostly), I do indeed like rap despite the lyrics,( I'm in it for the tune/and/or beat of the song) and occasionally some dubstep as well. I wouldn't say I hate this generation's music, but most people just give stuff like the ones I listed above a bad time just because they think it's promoting bad stuff. And, of course some of it is, but that doesn't justify the fact some people will just generalize the entire genre due to what the kinda stuff the media has said about it, or what some of the public have claimed. All in all, I say this generation has some bad music, like most of generations, but also some good music too, depends on the way you look at it and what you kind of music you like.

Honestly, I have listened to dub step and rap. And it's not what they sing about that annoys me, although I would rather they didn't, it's honestly the tune and everything about it, I just don't like how it sounds.. I mean idk if Macklemore are classed as Rap but they are some of the few modern things I don't dislike.
08/29/2014 5:31 am
Level 24 : Expert Ranger
SuperSwoosh
Yes and no.
Whilst some people may not like this genre of music(due to media mostly), I do indeed like rap despite the lyrics,( I'm in it for the tune/and/or beat of the song) and occasionally some dubstep as well. I wouldn't say I hate this generation's music, but most people just give stuff like the ones I listed above a bad time just because they think it's promoting bad stuff. And, of course some of it is, but that doesn't justify the fact some people will just generalize the entire genre due to what the kinda stuff the media has said about it, or what some of the public have claimed. All in all, I say this generation has some bad music, like most of generations, but also some good music too, depends on the way you look at it and what you kind of music you like.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure that selfie song was just a joke due to the ongoing trend of 'selfies' that have consistently been continuing as part of that viral act. Of course it's bad music, but as it's a joke, I don't suggest anyone can really take that seriously.
Here's a quote I found whilst searching the interwebs on the wiki page, though I'm not too sure on how truthful it is, it was a quote from an interview they had taken:
'Honestly, "#Selfie" is kind of a phenomenon for us. We made it and thought it was funny and put it out as an edit. Then Dim Mak wanted to buy it, and they bought it from us and put it out officially and we made a video for it. This was all just because we thought it was fun.'
08/29/2014 5:18 am
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
TheMrzombie2As the title says above, do you think that music is dead? I say yes because when I turn on the radio, all I hear is """artists""" such as katy perry, nicki minaj, bruno mars, etc, etc, with auto-tuned crap.

Surprisingly I'm 13. Most people my age like those """artists.""" One time when I was at school, I was listening to "The Beatles" during lunch with one ear in.. My friend asked me what i was listening to and I said "Beatles." He just stared at me and everyone started laughing how I have a "bad taste in music" fml :/

Ex.

**Edit** I do not want arguments to start. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS! If this post starts to go into a flame war or if people are being rude, I will request this thread to be locked.

When I turn on the radio I hear good music... That's because I listen to BBC Radio 2, britains best radio IMHO.
08/28/2014 10:45 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
Kickbuttkaleb12
TheMrzombie2As the title says above, do you think that music is dead? I say yes because when I turn on the radio, all I hear is """artists""" such as katy perry, nicki minaj, bruno mars, etc, etc, with auto-tuned crap.

Ex.

You my friend are one of the few in this generation with a mind of your own. People's opinions should not bring you down. I like some of this music but I hate a lot of it as well. I think its good you can recognize the past as something actually good.
08/28/2014 10:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
ThePetrdiv
I love this generations music, this generation has house and EDM which is sick
08/28/2014 9:49 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Narwhal
DjbossMC
Im a house/glitch hop fan (Lets Be Friends, Knife Party,Deadmau5 etc.) but i totally agree. most of the music on radios now is total trash.
08/28/2014 9:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Blockhead
1Zera1
While i agree that there is a lot of trashy stuff in music in this generation i still like how the music sounds and the people who sing them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome