Xaero's World Map [1.11.2/1.10.2/1.9.4/1.8.9/1.7.10][Forge]
Get Embed Code
Level 93 : Elite Ninja
The mod is in beta testing stage. The testing is open so anyone can download and try the mod out. Please report any bugs that you encounter or otherwise they won't get fixed. Use PM to report bugs.
The mod is available for Minecraft versions 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4, 1.10, 1.10.2 and 1.11.
Install by dropping the jar into the Minecraft Forge's mods folder, as usual. A step-by-step guide is available on the download page.
- Self-writing world map. Different for every world/dimension/server.
- Works in Singleplayer, Multiplayer and on Realms.
- Interactive interface. Open by pressing M. Move the map around with your mouse and zoom in/out using the mouse wheel, similar to Google Maps.
- Automatic MultiWorld / Lilypadded servers support.
- Minecraft Realms support (also with MultiWorld support).
- Texture Pack support. Changing the texture packs updates the whole world map and not just the new chunks.
- Cave dimensions support (similar to Nether).
- Vanilla maps mode. Makes the world map look like vanilla paper maps.
- Terrain texture customization.
- "Footsteps" showing your most recent path.
- Optional performance boosters.
- Xaero's Minimap integration. The minimap mod will display chunks loaded by the world map. The world map mod will display waypoints from the Xaero's Minimap. Also works with Better PVP mod.
- More customization.
- I'm open to suggestions. :)
- Translations to languages other than English.
Support the development on Patreon to get rewarded + remove ads for everyone
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.11|
|Tags:||Interface, World, Worldmap, Map, Minimap, Multiplayer, Functional, Aesthetic, Gui, Mod, Waypoints, Cheese|
Update #9 : 12/19/2016 8:51:11 am12/19/16
* Compatibility with Xaero's Minimap/Better PVP version 1.11.8+.
Update #8 : 11/20/2016 5:48:10 am11/20/16
* Upgrade to Minecraft 1.11.
* Compatible with Xaero's Minimap/Better PVP version 1.11.4 and above.
* Fixed rare random crash.
* Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working correctly with jars that are not directly in the /mods folder.
* Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working for renamed mod jars.
* Updating the mod manually will now also open the correct jar folder if it's not the /mods folder.
Update #7 : 10/10/2016 8:03:45 am10/10/16
* Fixed regions disappearing sometimes when exiting a world.
+ Added an option to disable footsteps.
* Improved how transparent blocks are saved, which will result in less disk space usage.
* Made ice thicker.
Update #6 : 09/29/2016 6:56:48 am9/29/16
* Fixed some saving bugs thanks to which new/overridden map regions will now use less disk space.
* Reworked water biomes. This should fix the permanent "wrong biome lines". New/overridden map regions with water biomes will now also use less disk space.
There could be some temporary graphical glitches when overriding old maps but they will disappear on the next map refresh (for example, when world time changes).
It only happens once so I didn't fix it for performance reasons.
* Downgrading to b1.5+ from newer mod versions will no longer cause data loss. If the mod is unable to load a newer file, it won't try and back it up instead (thank me later).
This IS NOT present in version b1.4 or below so DO NOT downgrade to anything below b1.5 even if there's a new bug. Please report the bug and wait for me to fix it.
* Fixed nether detection not always working.
* Fixed a VRAM leak.
* Fixed compatibility with Factorization mod hammer functionality.
Update #5 : 09/18/2016 4:31:29 am9/18/16
+ Added MultiWorld support for multiplayer servers and realms.
Worlds created by modifying the same world save will most likely share the same multiworld ID so the system isn't perfect.
+ Added Realms support.
+ Added new visual terrain options to the world map settings: terrain depth and terrain slopes.
The "terrain depth" option adds depth to the world map by using blocks' height levels to calculate brightness.
Slopes are what was used prior to this update but it can now be disabled if you like minimalism.
The new options have absolutely no impact on the performance.
* Fixed '_' usage in the world IDs. I have no idea why I didn't do it from the start, probably forgot.
IF a new save is started for your world then to fix it go to ".minecraft/mods/XaeroWorldMap/" and find your world's map folder.
The name of the folder should look like
<world name>_<dimension(null for overworld)>
for example, "newworld_null", "newworld_dim-1" etc.
Replace any underscores ( _ ) in the <worldname> with "^us^". Exclude the quotation marks ( ' ).
Update #4 : 08/31/2016 4:33:43 am8/31/16
+ Added better support for modded cave dimensions (similar to nether).
+ Added 2 new options to stop the world map from updating the already loaded chunks, stop loading new chunks or both.
+ Added capes as Patreon rewards.
Anyone using any of my mods (after a certain mod update) will be able to see capes on Patrons (including themselves).
Update #3 : 08/16/2016 5:23:59 am8/16/16
* Chunk loading performance improvement.
* Fixed the GUI animations going crazy on very high FPS rates (500+).
* Fixed GUI lag spikes.
* Random crash fixed.
* Waypoints' shadow opacity will now depend on the sunlight level.
+ Added built-in automatic mod updater as a Patreon reward.
Update #2 : 07/23/2016 4:28:53 am7/23/16
* Fixed world map GUI not rendering for certain people.
Update #1 : 07/19/2016 5:27:54 am7/19/16
* Major bug fixes! Mainly the bug where huge areas disappeared from the map.
* Huge GUI performance improvement.
* Improved chunk loading algorithm/speed.
* Map will now save height values for future use. Chunks loaded prior to this update won't have correct height values saved until you override them. This will not affect anything until I do something with it in the future.
- Removed forced Vsync. I still recommend using it though.