[1.6.4][WIP][Forge] Dota 2 Items Mod v0.8.3
59,911Views, 70 today
- 12,041Downloads, 13 today
- 69 Comments
- 39 Favorites
Get Embed Code
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Pony
Still a work in progress, Dota 2 Items Mod aims to recreate items from Dota 2 in Minecraft with the same look-and-feel (16 pixel Minecraft style). That includestextures, sounds, particle effects, cooldown, charges,usage mechanicsredesigned to suit Minecraft, and, of course,item crafting.
Dota 2 Items are not dropped on death, and when you respawn you receive all of Dota 2 Items you had before dying. Passive effects are accumulated from all 9 items currently in your inventory hot bar.
You get gold coins for killing mobs and other players as wells as at a constant but slow rate, like in Dota. Some coins drop on death, the amount depending on your level.The Dota 2 Shopkeeper NPC spawns in every village. From him you can buy or sell Dota 2 Items for gold coins.
Default attack speed is lowered compared to Minecraft. You can land one blow in 1.3 seconds with 0 Agility.
This mod should be single player and multiplayer compatible.
Support further development!
How to Install
1. If you haven't already, download and install Minecraft Forge: http://www.minecraft...ation/Universal
2. Download the Dota 2 Items mod
3. Download the required LibSchematic mod: https://.../libschematic-v1.03.zip
4. Copy both zip files into your .minecraft/mods folder
I started with items with effects that would be both very useful in Minecraft while not too easy or too difficult to implement. For now they are only available in the creative inventory, in a special tab. Also in creative mode all items have zero cooldown.
Possibly the most comfortable way to travel in creative mode.
Active:Blink - Teleport to a target point up to 30 meters away. If damage is taken from an enemy, Blink Dagger cannot be used for 3 seconds.
In Minecraft, Blink negates all fall damage and lands you on a surface (land or water or also lava, so be careful). If you target 2 blocks below the top of a cliff or a wall, you will teleport on top of it.
Possibly the quickest way to cut down a whole jungle, lol.
Use:Eat Tree - Consume a tree to restore HP over time. Comes with 3 charges.
Consumes 1 Tango.
The tree must have a trunk at least 3 blocks high.
Active:Destroy Tree - Destroy a target tree.
Passive:Quell - Gives bonus attack damage(currently against all mobs), depending on the type of the attack.
Active:Cyclone - Target unit is swept up in a cyclone for 2.5 seconds, and is invulnerable.
Target also cannot move, attack or use items.
Use left click to activate Cyclone on an a mob; also you can right-click the block on which the mob is standing. You can target yourself that way.
Passive:+30 Movement Speed, +10 Intelligence (Each point of Intelligence in turn gives you 13 Mana and 0.04 Mana Regeneration)
Total gold cost:2800
There are already quite a few items to describe them all here, but you can read their description in the Shop in game.
- Tango and Quelling Blade sometimes leave blocks of leaves in the air, or remove other trees' branches, or cleave nearby bushes.
OfficialMinecraft Forum Thread:http://www.minecraftforum.net...-v05-now-with-shopkeeper
This project is on GitHub:https://github.com/Hunternif/Dota2Items
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.6.4|
|Tags:||Dota, Dota 2, Items, New Content|
|Credit:||Shop tent and some textures by Aelous, LibSchematic by tehbeard, Dota 2 by IceFrog and Valve|
More Mods by HunternifView All
v0.8.3.12 : 01/26/2014 11:08:11 am1/26/14
v0.8.3 : 11/17/2013 9:05:49 pm11/17/13
v0.8.2 : 09/29/2013 7:50:58 pm9/29/13
- Bug fixes
- Added particle effects to Arcane Boots and Tango
v0.8.1 : 09/29/2013 9:47:51 am9/29/13
- Bug fixes.
- Debug logging can be toggled in the config.
v0.8 : 09/24/2013 10:48:50 pm9/24/13
- Bug fixes.
- Added Force Staff and Dagon.
- All active items have longer range and work on right click. Right-click on block below yourself to self-cast.
- Improved Blink Dagger mechanics.
- Improved shop GUI to allow traversal of recipe hierarchy.
v0.7 : 09/12/2013 9:00:48 am9/12/13
- Bug fixes for mob movement speed and cancelled attacks.
- Added active buffs and debuffs icons.
- Added crit sounds.
- Added particle effect for lifesteal and evasion.
- Added Morbid Mask, Mask of Madness, Javelin, Arcane Boots, Phase Boots, Healing Salve, Poor Man's Shield.
- Made attack animation look swifter, sharper.
- Active items are tinted blue when you don't have enough mana.
0.6.4 : 09/01/2013 9:10:00 am9/01/13
- Fixed previous screwed release
- Improved shop positioning: ground is elevated.
v0.6.3 : 08/31/2013 6:32:44 pm8/31/13
- Gold is added directly to the player. Kill assists should work. Gold is internally separated into reliable and unreliable pile.
- Attributes are increased when leveling up.
- Shopkeeper spawns in a shop tent outside the village. Added a spawner egg for him.
- Added Hand of Midas and Yasha.
- Lowered base attack time to 1.3 seconds.
- Golems and bosses are immune to magic.
- Bug fixes.
v0.6.2 : 08/25/2013 8:42:55 pm8/25/13
v0.6.1 : 08/25/2013 7:17:56 pm8/25/13
- Added Clarity, Aghanim's Scepter, Hood of Defiance, Crystalys, Daedalus (works as a crossbow)
- Swing animation now corresponds to Dota attack time. Bow charge rate is also affected by it.
- Hopefully fixed crash in Shopkeeper gui (method drawHoveringText not found)
v0.6 : 08/21/2013 11:15:48 pm8/21/13
v 0.5.3 : 07/08/2013 10:30:35 pm7/08/13
v 0.5.2 : 07/02/2013 8:07:35 pm7/02/13
- Implemented Evasion, Critical Strike, Spell Resistance, Magic Amplification, Damage Block
- Added a bunch more simple items.
v 0.5.1 : 07/02/2013 7:48:52 am7/02/13
- Added scrolling in shop
- Added all items from the Attributes column
v 0.5 : 07/01/2013 7:39:20 am7/01/13
- Added the Shopkeeper.
- Added gold.
- Added item crafting.
- Added functioning attributes (HP, Mana, Stength, Intelligence, Agility etc).
- Added Boots of Speed, Ring of Protection, Sage's Mask, Staff of Wizardry, Void Stone.
- Fixed lots of issues.
v 0.4.1 : 05/18/2013 12:25:42 pm5/18/13
- Fixed an issue with particle textures.
- Tested for multiplayer.
v 0.4 : 05/13/2013 10:05:53 pm5/13/13
v 0.3.0 : 01/18/2013 10:13:15 pm1/18/13
- added Eul's Scepter of Divinity. Pretty buggy and incomplete though.
- added mcmod.info
- probably fixed the Blink cooldown issue (when you click a moment before the end of the cooldown, you get cooldown but no Blink)
- minor improvements, bug fixes (fixed Blink on double slabs)
v 0.2.1 : 01/15/2013 10:12:51 pm1/15/13
v 0.2.0 : 01/12/2013 10:12:39 pm1/12/13
- added Quelling Blade
- from now on Dota 2 items do not drop on death and are retained on respawn
- adjusted tree removal algorithmÃ (still far from perfect)
- fixed Blink on fences and slabs
v 0.1.2 : 01/11/2013 10:12:29 pm1/11/13
- added Blink Dagger
- added Tango
Join us to post comments.