30,399Views, 10 today
- 6,157Downloads, 1 today
Get Embed Code
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
Posted 10/16/11 4:28:09 pm , last updated: 01/01/12 12:04:19 pm
- An advanced Minecraft compass that will find a specified block in a specified range and create a colored compass needle pointing you to the closest block in that range. -
Have you ever been deep underground and have been mining and mining for a long time and no diamonds? Well Advanced Compass to the rescue. Just install this mod, make a few configuration changes, create a standard compass in Minecraft, and you are good to go. You can track multiple blocks such as diamond, gold, chests, and mob spawners all at the same time. Advanced Compass, unlike some other compass mods is compatible with the most popular HD texture mods available such as MCPatcher and Optifine.
Installation is quick and simple: just add this to your minecraft.jar the same way as any other mod after you have installed your HD texture mod. Configuration is simple as well: run Minecraft once to generate the default advanced_compass.cfg file. Open it with any simple text editor (such as Notepad) and read the additional information there.
A special note about SMP (multiplayer) and Advanced Compass. While Advanced Compass will work in any SMP server this could be considered cheating. It can also be detected in the same way as any X-Ray mod or clear texture pack. There is no special way that any of these client side mods are detected by the server but you are given away by how fast you accumulate diamonds, or any blocks that the server wants to track. Please contact your server admins for help on determining if this mod is allowed on your particular SMP server.
Advanced Compass was originally written due to of the lack of Optifine support in the Finder Compass mod originally released by AtomicStryker on the minecraftforum.com site. You can find his version HERE..
Inspiration for Advanced Compass goes to AtomicStryker for Finder Compass which was derived from Yoda12999s Enhanced Compass mod which was taken over from epinulls Enhanced Compass originally. They each suffer from the need for MCPatcher to work.
MC version: 1.0.0
download(s) - choose only one to install:
--- Advanced Compass 1.0.0 with Optifine support
--- Advanced Compass 1.0.0 with MCPatcher support
--- Advanced Compass 1.0.0 (Default)*
None. You can install this mod without any other mods installed. There is compatibility with Optifine and MCPatcher included. (See below for more) The most important thing to remember is to install this mod after you have installed either Optifine or MCPatcher.
How to report bugs and request features:
If you find a bug or would like to request a feature please visit the project tracker page HERE and click the "Create issue" button in the upper left.
- read the Readme in the following post
- choose the only one of the links appropriate to your Minecraft setup
- if you do not have any HD texture mods installed: *use the advanced_compass_x.x.x_[VERSION]_default.zip
- if you have Optifine installed: use the advanced_compass_x.x.x_[VERSION]_optifine.zip
- ...and so on.
- download the mod
- extract the zip to any temporary folder that you want- install by injecting the mod in to the minecraft.jar as with any standard Minecraft mod.- remember that you need to install Advanced Compass after you install any HD texture mod.
See the Readme and Default Configuration File HERE
|Game Version:||Minecraft 1.0|
|Tags:||Functional, Diamond, Ore, Block, BlockID, Gold, Compass, Find, Search, Xray, Needle, Point, Mineral, Rare|
|Credit:||AtomicStryker, Yoda12999s, and epinulls for their works.|
Update #2 : 01/01/2012 12:04:19 pm1/01/12
- supports Minecraft 1.0.0
- separated into individual .zip files to track download usage.
Update #1 : 10/16/2011 12:04:35 pm10/16/11
Join us to post comments.